2016/07 July babies

I also heard tt it's better is sleep on left so I do tt a lot. But end up bb is like more on the left and the left of my tummy is bigger and more protruding. Also a lot more movements oj the left. Anyone noticed this too?
Mine seems to be on right? Always feel a leg or arm against the right

For mummies with helper and engaging a CL, can you share how are you going to distribute the workload? I know a lot of CLs will bully maids but I want mine to focus on my 18mth old since I won't have energy for her when I just give birth and breastfeeding will take up a lot of time also.

For mummies with helper and engaging a CL, can you share how are you going to distribute the workload? I know a lot of CLs will bully maids but I want mine to focus on my 18mth old since I won't have energy for her when I just give birth and breastfeeding will take up a lot of time also.

Hi MistyCloud,
I'm doing the same, probably let helper do her usual cleaning and washing and CL will do cooking and handle baby. I will also suggest my CL to some how train my helper to cook some dishes and taking care of baby. No concrete plans yet so see how it goes.

What do other mummies suggest?

Hi MistyCloud,
I'm doing the same, probably let helper do her usual cleaning and washing and CL will do cooking and handle baby. I will also suggest my CL to some how train my helper to cook some dishes and taking care of baby. No concrete plans yet so see how it goes.

What do other mummies suggest?

my friend said she experience some conflict with her CL and helper, so her suggestion is to state clearly both their job duties.
for example all those pertaining to bb under CL plus preparation of food for the month. helper will do the cleaning up and laundry including the bb's clothes.

My intention same as yours, I want my helper to understudy the CL in terms of taking care of the bb and learning how to cook some simple dishes.
hopefully it works out well. *keeping fingers cross*

I am also thinking about this because my friend also warned me of cl bullying maid.

Oh I haven't heard on this before. My sis CL and helper worked so well together, the helper cried on the last day of CL departure. Sometimes the CL will be nice to visit my sis too.

This is the CL i wanted to engage. Too bad she isn't available for me.

I was thinking that helper can do usual things and even additional washing of infant clothes with the CL's clothes in washing machine.

But CL would need to prepare and cook meals. Maid wash up. Then infant bottles and all, CL will need to wash and sterilised. And also any handwash infant things,, CL would need to do.

Is this reasonable? I don't want to overwork my helper this period when there's 2 people in the house and it's also a transition period for her to manage more things. Moreover, when CL leaves, she'll need to do a lot more.

And I prefer to state duties clearly so there's no conflict.

This is my #2 but I'm feeling like a first time mum with abit of no-chap pattern. I bought some new stuff for #2 but yet to unpack all still in box or plastic bags! My Gynae has yet to ask me about my birth plan and I also dun know what are the hospital cost, etc....
Have any mummies here use MAM bottles? Any feedback on MAM bottles? Still wondering what bottles to get for #2.

I have start packing my hospital bag :p a bit kiasu put in all my nightgown, baby clothes for the day of discharge from hospital, swaddle, toiletries, maternity pad, breast pad still got more to put in haha and all my baby clothes also wash and sort by different category in zip lock bag. Baby bed sheet, pillow and boster cover also wash n keep in zip lock bag. My leave start from1st July :)

This is my #2 but I'm feeling like a first time mum with abit of no-chap pattern. I bought some new stuff for #2 but yet to unpack all still in box or plastic bags! My Gynae has yet to ask me about my birth plan and I also dun know what are the hospital cost, etc....
Have any mummies here use MAM bottles? Any feedback on MAM bottles? Still wondering what bottles to get for #2.

I used it for #1 with no issue and it is not ex compared to some other anti coloc brands. So, I am using this for #2 again.

Only thing is this bottle has an additional rubble part and detachable bottom. More work to remove and wash and have to assemble back properly to prevent leaking.

@misty - I have the same plans as u do. When I met up with my CL, I'd informed her I have a helper who would be doing the household chores, so she just needs to focus on cooking for me (and herself) as well as taking care of the baby as well as the usual chores pertaining to baby. But I probably wouldn't be getting helper to wash baby's clothes, not because it's not reasonable, but because mine is not the sharpest stick around and I won't be entrusting bb chores to her after confinement.
Didn't think about the CL's clothes though. Think I will check with her on her preference, whether she would prefer to dump into machine with our clothes or otherwise. I didn't hv any issues with clothes of my previous 2 CLs, think they washed by hand themselves.

@ Deceptionist - I've washed the bb clothes. For sterilizer, I am still hunting for it, think somewhere in storeroom. Will give it a good clean (plan to run one cycle with lemon juice inside) in mid-jun, but set up only after I get home after delivery. For bottles, will also clean and sterilize after delivery, think no need to prepare any earlier than that. For now, I am still trying to figure out how to assemble my part, been staring at the parts for days, I know I need to order new parts, but I can't fig out how to fix it so I don't know what parts to order. Quite hopeless, lol!
I shall pack hospital bag in wk 35, though I've already written out the list of items that need to go into the bag.

Do we need to buy a bb bathtub or do hospitals give us one when we discharge?

I have start packing my hospital bag :p a bit kiasu put in all my nightgown, baby clothes for the day of discharge from hospital, swaddle, toiletries, maternity pad, breast pad still got more to put in haha and all my baby clothes also wash and sort by different category in zip lock bag. Baby bed sheet, pillow and boster cover also wash n keep in zip lock bag. My leave start from1st July :)
I just washed baby clothes yesterday....washing the bed sheets swaddle this weekend. Why do u put the clothes in zip lock?

Have not pack hospital bag...only thing in the bag is the cord life box

Seems like mummies here are all prepared. I tot maybe start washing bb clothes in beg of June.. For the sterilizer, I also haven got the chance to search thru my store. For hospital bag, I dun think a lot to pack but maybe will find one of these days to pack. Now juz want to enjoy the last bit of my free time and sleep as much as possible coz after bb is out, dun think I have a lot of time to sleep

@gan - I totally forgot the bedsheets and swaddle! Thanks for reminder!

Working mummies who have planned when to start your leave, can share how you do it? You submit your leave (assume it's your annual / vacation leave) till when? We wont know when we pop and hence wont know when to stop annual / vacation leave and start maternity leave. I've been thinking about this for some time.

@gan - I totally forgot the bedsheets and swaddle! Thanks for reminder!

Working mummies who have planned when to start your leave, can share how you do it? You submit your leave (assume it's your annual / vacation leave) till when? We wont know when we pop and hence wont know when to stop annual / vacation leave and start maternity leave. I've been thinking about this for some time.

For maternity leave, we have to clear in block of 56days first, follow by another 56days flexible to clear as per week block.

I am taking all my maternity at one shot together with my annual and child care leave. As i am popping around end of Jul. I am taking AL first n starting my ML after national day. To save on 1 public holiday. No matter how i calculate, there is not much diff. The only days that can save on is only the public holidays. Let me know if there is a better method for calculating.

I tot u need to start your maternity on the day u Pop? I'm taking AL for 2 weeks. Upon 35 week, I will ask my gynae to give me hl to rest at home. I am most likely to pop early like 37 weeks. So it's 2 weeks of hl and my ml will start on the day I pop.. Hope this helps..

Hello mummies..

I'm actually due on October but somehow October thread don't seem to be active. I wanna check with all mummies.. have any idea how many swaddle we need to buy for newborn? Can we use those the pass down by friends or relative ?

The swaddle just change with each bath which is twice a day. So depending on frequency of wash, should have at least 4 if u wash everyday. I used pigeon diaper cloth as swaddle for my #1 but haven't seen it ard baby expo. Those I see are like $10 per piece.

Some hospitals give swaddle like mount E. So no need to pack in hospital bah.

Oh wanted to check... how many milk bottles to standby if intending to pump most of the time. I have 2 Avent and 4 Medela. But now come to think of it if we only sterilise bottles once a day then may need 6 more Medela?

I have 3 swaddle to interchange.. But I remember tmc also gives u one upon discharge.

For bottles, I intend to have 2 big n 2 small one. I'm using avent bottles. For pumping of milk, I pump into those avent milk cup that is compatible with my avent pump. That's for my 2 elder girls la. For this one, I juz bought a new spectra pump .. Not too sure can pump into those avent cup or not. Worst, I will juz use milk bag to store the milk

My #1 I also change swaddle every bath so you have to consider having 2 clean swaddle everyday and do your math on the washing and drying turnover.

@tenq... You also have to consider how many bottles your sterilizer can hold if you only plan to do it once a day. For me, think mine can hold like 6-8 bottles so I would probably do it twice. If am blessed with BF this time will try to pump more consistently.

Hello mummies..

I'm actually due on October but somehow October thread don't seem to be active. I wanna check with all mummies.. have any idea how many swaddle we need to buy for newborn? Can we use those the pass down by friends or relative ?

If you are not fussy with hand me down, by all means wash it clean and use it, unless the condition is unbearable to your standard then better to get new ones.

For maternity leave, we have to clear in block of 56days first, follow by another 56days flexible to clear as per week block.

I am taking all my maternity at one shot together with my annual and child care leave. As i am popping around end of Jul. I am taking AL first n starting my ML after national day. To save on 1 public holiday. No matter how i calculate, there is not much diff. The only days that can save on is only the public holidays. Let me know if there is a better method for calculating.
You can't start ML after u pop, latest is on the day u pop, regardless whether it is a working day or not. However, u can start ML up to one mth before EDD.
My issue is more of how we arrange with office.
@verluv - if u don't pop at the end of ur HL, u will extend HL and let office know, or will u cover with ur own leave till u pop?

If you have good relationship with your HR folks, you can consider seeking their advice on how best to optimise all your various leave entitlement. Also not that after your child pop, i believe you might get some child care leave too, do consult your HR, if it is your entitlement, please do not shortchange yourself. Also do keep a couple of days of leave as backup, just in case you need to take it to attend to some urgent matter after all your planned leaves are consume.

all the best

Oh, ML starts the day the bb is born. If that is the case, that is really difficult to gauge when the due day. Wonder if my gynae provide HL??? Trying to spend as much time with bb as possible when born. Anyway, thanks all for clarifying.

Just thought of sharing something this morning that's cracking me up keke

ImageUploadedByForum1464140286.134782.jpg

Hi mummies, i am from may mummy. Would like to check if any mummies need Confinement lady. My current confinement ladybwith me will be last day on 3-June. If anyone needs her service, please pm me. She has a slot for July till early Aug. She is good and highly recommended.

Hi, just to check those using avent products cos I'm being passed down one pump hardly used with some containers n I wonder if those containers can be sterilized?

Hi mummies,

I'm new here, busy and no time to log in. My elder child is in primary 1 and coping with my pregnancy, my second child will be due in July 16.

Would like to check if anyone here having a second child and trying for a natural birth successfully? My first one was caesarean, so I'm not sure how successful if second one can go through natural. Anyone can advise?

I also heard that the scar may burst but that was 6 years plus ago, anyone can share?

Sometime when ask my gynae she can't give a firm advice, hence I would like to find out on this. Thks.

Hi mummies,

I'm new here, busy and no time to log in. My elder child is in primary 1 and coping with my pregnancy, my second child will be due in July 16.

Would like to check if anyone here having a second child and trying for a natural birth successfully? My first one was caesarean, so I'm not sure how successful if second one can go through natural. Anyone can advise?

I also heard that the scar may burst but that was 6 years plus ago, anyone can share?

Sometime when ask my gynae she can't give a firm advice, hence I would like to find out on this. Thks.
Hi my first was through emergency c 5 years ago n number 2 doc has advised me to do c section

Hi,

i will due in mid July. This is my third pregnancy. would like to get a maid asap. Is there any good transfer maid that can recommend from friends or relative?

Hi,

I'm new here too, will due in July. Will be delivered in Thomson Medical Centre.

Any of you delivered there before? Did TMC provide hospital gown? Their hospital gown is breastfeeding friendly? or we should bring our own?

Do we need to bring along red dates soup too?

Can recommend which maternity pad and disposable panties are good?

Hi everyone! I am new here. So excited to be reading the comments in this thread. My EDD is 05/07/2016 but since im going to gave elective csect, i will be delivering when im 38 weeks which is between 23/06-26/06.
I am now 32 weeks & 5 days. This is my #3 pregnancy. Its a girl again by the way. So i will be having 3 princesses!

Anyway any of u gg for elective csect & will be delivering at TMC?

Hi, I just delivered ahead of schedule at Tmc. I suggest single bed cos mine was a last min c sec and only two bedded were available that day: sleep is constantly disrupted by your neighbour and you disrupting theirs too. Also, its very cramped if both parties have visitors at the same time.

One important point which many missed out but I had the misfortune followed by fortune to experience: the doc who administers your LA is very important. For my first child, the doc took 35min and poked me twenty over times but failed to do it. In the end, had to be on GA instead. This time, another doc only took 5min and two pokes and the LA is nicely done. Plus her bed manners is very reassuring and encouraging. I highly recommend her, Dr Wendy Teoh (not the gynae). She is mobile and services most private hospitals. You can contact her directly or let your gynae know. For those with Dr WK Tan at TMC, Dr Tan works mostly with her.

Hi,

I'm new here too, will due in July. Will be delivered in Thomson Medical Centre.

Any of you delivered there before? Did TMC provide hospital gown? Their hospital gown is breastfeeding friendly? or we should bring our own?

Do we need to bring along red dates soup too?

Can recommend which maternity pad and disposable panties are good?

Hi, I just delivered at TMC. They have two types, one Fuschia pink and one purple in colour. Both are bf friendly. You must request for the ginger tea, it is not auto given.

Normal maternity pads will do. As for panties, you can either use those withe travel ones from Watson's or you can buy those more premium ones from ntuc. Just buy a bigger size for comfort esp if you are doing c sec.

Hi, I just delivered at TMC. They have two types, one Fuschia pink and one purple in colour. Both are bf friendly. You must request for the ginger tea, it is not auto given.

Normal maternity pads will do. As for panties, you can either use those withe travel ones from Watson's or you can buy those more premium ones from ntuc. Just buy a bigger size for comfort esp if you are doing c sec.

Thanks.

Ok, i will request for the ginger tea then.

How's your stay in TMC? The food there ok during your stay?

You are c sec or natural birth? Mind to know your hospital bill? :p

You are c sec or natural birth? Mind to know your hospital bill? :p

Hi, food was average. My current confinement lady definitely cooks much much better esp the fish and vege dishes. If your elders are strict on your confinement diet, they will definitely frown on some dishes eg. Cabbage, chicken and egg dishes for c sec mummies, type of fish served to you etc.

My second time in TMC so stay is fine for me, both times on level 5.

My all in bill, plus bb as well, is around $11k for premier single room price, three nights stay for c sec.

You can use your medisave to pay part of it cos cash outlay is about $5k plus.

Hi tuna, if my hl is finished i will request more from my gynae. Anyway it's 60 days of hl, dun think will finish it. I will only start my ml on the day I give birth..
So looking forward to next Monday when I will start my hl!!

Me! Quite bad. I can hardly clench my fist on both hands. Fingers quite painful. Now my wrist itself also pain,
Oh yours sound quite bad, mine is my right hand finger will go numbness on and off throughout the day. And every morning when I wake up both hand finger joint very painful and I can't fist my both hand until I shake my hand for few mins till the numbness gone.

Hi, I just delivered ahead of schedule at Tmc. I suggest single bed cos mine was a last min c sec and only two bedded were available that day: sleep is constantly disrupted by your neighbour and you disrupting theirs too. Also, its very cramped if both parties have visitors at the same time.

One important point which many missed out but I had the misfortune followed by fortune to experience: the doc who administers your LA is very important. For my first child, the doc took 35min and poked me twenty over times but failed to do it. In the end, had to be on GA instead. This time, another doc only took 5min and two pokes and the LA is nicely done. Plus her bed manners is very reassuring and encouraging. I highly recommend her, Dr Wendy Teoh (not the gynae). She is mobile and services most private hospitals. You can contact her directly or let your gynae know. For those with Dr WK Tan at TMC, Dr Tan works mostly with her.

@Grateful2014 - This is really helpful as i'm scheduled for caesarean in july too. C My gynae has asked me to let her know earlier if i've any preferred anesthesia doctor (since i will be choosing caesarean - epidural) so that the clinic can go ahead to book her service. Can I confirm with you if Dr Wendy Teoh is the anesthesia doctor? Do you roughly know what are her charges like?

Back