Aug 2015 - KKH or Private - (KKH) A/P John Tee / Dr Han & (TMC) Adrian Woodworth

ybon

Hello to whoever is reading this!

As a first time mummy, I was super excited and lost at the same time, this forum has helped me with a lot of information. Now that i'm settled, I guess, its only right that I pass it on to benefit first time mummies like myself.

I got to know I am pregnant through Pregnancy Test Kit, period 2 weeks late.
Excited + Anxious, went to search all mum-to-be forums for information, called the KKH helpline may 10x and the private clinics everywhere.

Below is a guide and summary of my findings, hope it helps!

1. KKH Subsidised
  • Polyclinic for referral (Consulatation $11.80 + Urine Test $3.40 = $15.20)
  • Make appointment to see Doctor at Clinic C/D
  • Any gynae on duty will attend to you, no fix gynae
  • Ultrasound will be done by a Sonographer in a separate department since there is no fix Gynae, whether or not your husband can be in the room depends on the Sonographer
  • Cost is heavily subsidised (Consultation ~$30+, Ultrasound ~$30+)
  • Can choose to stay in any Ward
2. KKH Private
  • No need go Polyclinic
  • Call 6294 4050 for Appointment under PRIVATE patient
Mon - Fri: 8:00am to 6:00pm
Sat: 8:30am to 1:00pm
Sun: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Public Holidays: Closed

P.s. I found that i was pregnant during Public Holiday, so that adds up to the Panic.
Advice: Public holiday is not a good time to find out that you are pregnant, haha!
  • You can choose a KKH Gynae of your preference, of course, if you do some research, you will be able to find out the most popular Gynae at KKH.
This is not conclusive, but based on my personal research, a few names came up.
#1 A/P John Tee Chee Seng - Male (Chosen)
- Experienced & Popular , just search him up on google you will see what I meant.

#2 Dr Han How Chuan - Male
- Also experienced & popular, but not as many reviews compared to Dr Tee.
- Expect long wait-time (don't be early for your appts).

#3 Dr George Mariamma - Female
- Popular Female Gynae in KKH, unfortunately as at Aug 2015, she is not taking any pregnancy cases.​
  • Ultrasound done in the room by your chosen Gynae, husband will be there to see.
  • Can only choose Class A or Class B2+ for delivery
  • Approx. Cost (No Package Price)
First Consultation: $150
Subsequent Consultation (weekday nights/Saturdays) : $121
  • Approx 10-12visits for a healthy pregnancy
  • Est. W6, W9, W15, W20, W23, W26, W30, W32 ,W34 ,W36 ,W38, W39
  • NO additional Delivery Charge

2. Adrian Woodworth @ TMC @ Sengkang MRT
  • Normal consultation fee: $80
  • Package from 1st consultation to delivery (~13 to 15 visits)
$688 includes
consultation, ultrasound, routine (blood pressure/urine test), basic pre-natal vitamins​
  • Dr Adrian delivers at Mount.A or TMC
  • Delivery Charge on top of the Hospital Ward charges of Mount.A or TMC
  • Delivery Charge @ Normal Delivery : $1900/ C-Sect: $3000
  • Reviews says that he is experience but very hasty in consultation average 3-5mins.

#MyChoice

Since KKH Private & Private Private, the main difference is the Delivery Charge and the Hospital Ward bills. The more affordable private for me is the KKH Private.

My Experience with A/P John Tee Chee Seng
- Short wait time, Precise and to the Point, answers all queries, gives important details.
- If you are like me, middle-low income, looking for a good and experience doctor at an affordable price, he is your choice.
-Consultation time ~ 5-10mins
- He can speak both English and Mandarin, very well.

First Visit @ KKH AMK satellite clinic
First Consultation: $140
Normal Ultrasound: $31
Routine Test (urine/bp): $12
Folic Acid 5mg x 60 (2mths): $3.00
Total(+7%GST): $186.00

Second Visit @ KKH AMK satellite clinic
Subsequent Consultation: $113
Total(+7%GST): $125
Medisave Claims
Vaginal Delivery:
($450 per day x 3 days Hospital Stay) + ($750 for Vaginal Delivery) + $450 (Pre-natal expenses)
Total claimable: Up to $2,550

Caesarean delivery:
($450 per day x 4 days Hospital Stay) + ($2,150 Caesarean delivery) + $450 (Pre-natal expenses)
Total claimable: Up to $4,400

Hospital Ward Charges
*Follow the links to find out more.
KKH Maternity Package (All inclusive)
ALL hospitals in Singapore (for Delivery)

Hope new mummies like me would find this helpful!

Cheers :)

As a first time mummy, I was super excited and lost at the same time, this forum has helped me with a lot of information. Now that i'm settled, I guess, its only right that I pass it on to benefit first time mummies like myself.

Excited + Anxious, went to search all mum-to-be forums for information, called the KKH helpline may 10x and the private clinics everywhere.

1. KKH Subsidised
  • Ultrasound will be done by a Sonographer in a separate department since there is no fix Gynae, whether or not your husband can be in the room depends on the Sonographer
2. KKH Private
  • No need go Polyclinic

P.s. I found that i was pregnant during Public Holiday, so that adds up to the Panic.
Advice: Public holiday is not a good time to find out that you are pregnant, haha!
  • You can choose a KKH Gynae of your preference, of course, if you do some research, you will be able to find out the most popular Gynae at KKH.
- Experienced & Popular , just search him up on google you will see what I meant.

- Popular Female Gynae in KKH, unfortunately as at Aug 2015, she is not taking any pregnancy cases.​
  • Ultrasound done in the room by your chosen Gynae, husband will be there to see.

$688 includes
consultation, ultrasound, routine (blood pressure/urine test), basic pre-natal vitamins​
  • Reviews says that he is experience but very hasty in consultation average 3-5mins.

#MyChoice

Since KKH Private & Private Private, the main difference is the Delivery Charge and the Hospital Ward bills. The more affordable private for me is the KKH Private.

- Short wait time, Precise and to the Point, answers all queries, gives important details.
- If you are like me, middle-low income, looking for a good and experience doctor at an affordable price, he is your choice.

Medisave Claims
Vaginal Delivery:
($450 per day x 3 days Hospital Stay) + ($750 for Vaginal Delivery) + $450 (Pre-natal expenses)

Caesarean delivery:
($450 per day x 4 days Hospital Stay) + ($2,150 Caesarean delivery) + $450 (Pre-natal expenses)

Hospital Ward Charges

Hi ybon, can l ask wat bedded u choose?

thank you for the information
Just want to confirm, if we get Dr. John Tee in KKH, how much is his charge for a normal delivery?

Hi

1. KKH Subsidised
2. KKH Private
  • No need go Polyclinic

$688 includes
#MyChoice

Medisave Claims
Vaginal Delivery:

Caesarean delivery:

Hospital Ward Charges

Is it cheaper to engage KKH if i refer through polyclinic?

missy_guide, yes for the gynae fee which is quite a bit, understand from a friend it can be less than $70 every visit. A normal gynae visit cost around $150~.
Looking at the table, if you go for 12 visit for whole pregnancy will be $840 rather than $2000.
However for delivery package I don't think there is any difference.

@ybon, did your gynae give you any duphaston? how much is the charges? I switching from referral to private, just wondering will there be a huge price different in the drug price.

@ybon, thanks for coming out with the list. Will be seeing dr han tml, I try to update here on the various fee like delivery charge of Dr Han on top of the hospital package and the the question on the drug price. I was very lost at first, so hopefully all these information help new mother.

First visit with Dr Han on Sat morning:
Consultation(new-after hours) CII: $210
Obstetric routine test: $12
Vitamin: $3.60
Total (w GST 7%): $241.39

@ybon, thanks for coming out with the list. Will be seeing dr han tml, I try to update here on the various fee like delivery charge of Dr Han on top of the hospital package and the the question on the drug price. I was very lost at first, so hopefully all these information help new mother.

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

How much were ur follow up visits with Dr Han at the private suite subsequently? Are his consultation and ultrasound separately charged?

Thanks!

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

How much were ur follow up visits with Dr Han at the private suite subsequently? Are his consultation and ultrasound separately charged?

Thanks!

There is no additional charge for ultrasound.
Just a $12 for routine test.
Hmm, this time round my bill is $240+ as I need to go for my blood test, I can't remember is it $70+ or $80+..
Plus my multivitamin, this one I think less than $20..
So consultation should ne 110-120 before GST..

I am thinking if I go normal clinic during office hours, how much different will it be.. Hehe..

Thank you ybon mummy, very helpful info.
My first delivered by Dr Adrian at TMC. The final bill is more than 10K due to emergency csec. So thinking of goverment hospital for second.
But found that goverment hospital is not as cheap as i think. To me, private clinic is near to my house, convenient, and fast visit. I dont know whether want to spend time and leave for goverment hospital ?

1. KKH Subsidised

Hello & Congrats,

Like to reconfirm with you that subsidy patient are also allow to choose to stay in A ward (single bedded)? If chosen, does it still attract the same level of subsidy?

Thank you

Hi
My first delivered by Dr Adrian at TMC. The final bill is more than 10K due to emergency csec. So thinking of goverment hospital for second.
But found that goverment hospital is not as cheap as i think. To me, private clinic is near to my house, convenient, and fast visit. I dont know whether want to spend time and leave for goverment hospital ?

What is the review for Dr Adrian Tan at TMC?

Private clinic at KKH is appointment based, usually not a long wait, MC given :)

Th
Hello & Congrats,

Like to reconfirm with you that subsidy patient are also allow to choose to stay in A ward (single bedded)? If chosen, does it still attract the same level of subsidy?

Thank you

Hmm..This i am really not too sure as I have decided to go private so didn't ask about the subsidy charges.. u can call KKH to ask, there are quite detailed and informative.

Th

Hmm..This i am really not too sure as I have decided to go private so didn't ask about the subsidy charges.. u can call KKH to ask, there are quite detailed and informative.

Thanks for the information mummy. Much appreciate. Cheers :)

1. KKH Subsidised
2. KKH Private
  • No need go Polyclinic

$688 includes
#MyChoice

Medisave Claims
Vaginal Delivery:

Caesarean delivery:

Hospital Ward Charges

This is very helpful! @ybon. For the KKH private consultations of $150 and $121, do they include scan? Or is it an additional charge for scan?

Any idea how much is the us scan?

Hello mummy, honestly I dunno how much is the scan, beside there are a few different type of scan that the doctor can order. Basically is how much they say we owe them, we just pay only.

Put it this way, subsidise patient in govt hospital pay a very significant low price for everything, however private patient in govt hospital typically pay very close to the rates charge by private hospital such as TMC, East shore, Mt A.

All the best. Cheer

Back