Dr Charles Lim Mt E

apologies.. very noob.. does anyone feel discomfort after takin metformin?

I have loose stools since ytd evening.. appetite is bad.. nausea.. I supposed this is the side effects?

Hi rainbowbb, metformin will not cause you to gain weight. On the contrary it will cause weight loss in most ladies.
Yes those are side effects and i have them too. When i just started metformin i had bad loose stools for a week then now after 3 months, i still have occasional loose stool. If it get very bad or last for too long pls bring it up to dr lim. Cheers

Hi rainbowbb, metformin will not cause you to gain weight. On the contrary it will cause weight loss in most ladies.
Yes those are side effects and i have them too. When i just started metformin i had bad loose stools for a week then now after 3 months, i still have occasional loose stool. If it get very bad or last for too long pls bring it up to dr lim. Cheers

thanks babe.... for the clarification..
yes, will monitor and see how it goes.. so far loose stools are on the normal side..

Plan A is duinum (clomid) plus gonal f injections , regardless of which days they are administered. Plan B is plan A plus IUI (intrauterine insemination)

thank you... hope it does not thin our lining after taking too much of duinum..

how long you have been trying / seeing Dr Charles Lim le?

Hi all, happy to find this forum. I've done IVF twice in govt hospi before but failed so is thinking of seeing Dr Lim next. Has any ladies here did IVF with Dr Lim before and may I know what's the approx cost? Very motivating to read that most ladies here succeed on Plan A or Plan B. But for my age and egg quality, Dr Lim may ask me to go straight for Plan C so just want to check the approx cost first. TIA.

AF report again. Another failed cycle do u all know how will Plan A help? Really dont feel like starting on it since doc says theres nothing wrong, but not sure why am i still pregnant now. Hiaz.

Tried A4 fail. Then tried B1 last month also failed. Really discourage and don't know what should do next. Thinking to treatment with Mr.lim.

Tried A4 fail. Then tried B1 last month also failed. Really discourage and don't know what should do next. Thinking to treatment with Mr.lim.
Don't give up yoyobeh..you will surely get your BFP one day if you keep on trying. Can I check with you, for Plan B, did u have to inject with Gonal F everyday from day 7 onwards? or same as Plan A which is Gonal F on alt days?

All the best! Hope to hear your succsss story soon! :);)
Are you taking metformin, and how many injections did u take this cycle?
Im on plan A4..
Yes I'm on Metformin daily and Saizen twice weekly, this cycle was given 5 days Letrozole + 4 days Menopur jab. All the best to you too! :)

@babyloveyou any good news?
I think im in my 2ww cos my breasts hurt after the estimated ovulation date, but cant be sure becos opk didnt turn positive this month despite 9 gonal f jabs :(
Hi @wishingwell unfortunately, no good news from me yet. :( I'll be going for B2 in Oct. Sore breasts could be a sign, I also gets it near my ovulation which should be soon, so we will be in the 2ww together! Good luck to us :) This month I'm not taking any jabs, just trying naturally so not hoping much though.

Hi @wishingwell unfortunately, no good news from me yet. :( I'll be going for B2 in Oct. Sore breasts could be a sign, I also gets it near my ovulation which should be soon, so we will be in the 2ww together! Good luck to us :) This month I'm not taking any jabs, just trying naturally so not hoping much though.

@babyloveyou sorry to hear it dint happen for u last cycle. Hope this cycle will be fruitful for u n there will be no plan B2 for u! ☺ Yes good luck to us!!

So which day do u ovulate on your own if you dont take injections? For me i took clomid without injection for one of my cycles n only ovulated on Cd30 :( Did doctor give u clomid or femara?

Just thought to share with u if you have Pcos i read that it might be helpful to take 3 capsules of omega 3 fish oil daily to help regulate yr hormones. Do google it. I just started for a month n feel it is quite good :)

@babyloveyou sorry to hear it dint happen for u last cycle. Hope this cycle will be fruitful for u n there will be no plan B2 for u! ☺ Yes good luck to us!!

So which day do u ovulate on your own if you dont take injections? For me i took clomid without injection for one of my cycles n only ovulated on Cd30 :( Did doctor give u clomid or femara?

Just thought to share with u if you have Pcos i read that it might be helpful to take 3 capsules of omega 3 fish oil daily to help regulate yr hormones. Do google it. I just started for a month n feel it is quite good :)

Did Dr Lim mention your follicle size? Maybe can request for trigger shot if the follicle size is mature, though I think he usually don't give trigger shot for plan A.
Normally I ovulate between CD14-16 with or without jabs, I usually have a 28-30 days cycle. I noticed jabs helped me increase my follicle size and mature follicles by 1 or 2 more.
Still monitoring ovulation for this cycle, I heard the cycle after IUI may be different. Yes Doc gave me Duinum for A1 and changed to Letrozole for B1 for 5 days before jabs starting on Day 7. Doc didn't mention pcos for my case. I tried taking fish oil before but somehow it makes me nauseous, so I just increase my intake of salmon instead. Wana start taking more avocados too. :)

Hi ladies, decided to go ahead with plan b after 3x of failed plan a... Kept asking dr lim what's wrong but he says everything is normal & good, we did all the necessary tests. The budget gets bigger & bigger & I'm not even pregnant yet...
Yeah, the charges under Charles Lim are very ex.....his customer base is more of Indonesian Chinese couples

Congrats! @thots :) Were u on Plan A or B?

Thank you!!!

I was on Plan A. I was given supplements. Duinum was also given to take during day 2 of my menses onwards. I was diagnosed with PCOM and given metformin. Cannot remember how many jabs I have taken.

I couldn't believe the test kit when I did a check at home first before I went to Dr Lim's clinic to confirm. I tested 3 times myself before going because I thought the test kits might be faulty.

Thank you!!!

I was on Plan A. I was given supplements. Duinum was also given to take during day 2 of my menses onwards. I was diagnosed with PCOM and given metformin. Cannot remember how many jabs I have taken.

I couldn't believe the test kit when I did a check at home first before I went to Dr Lim's clinic to confirm. I tested 3 times myself before going because I thought the test kits might be faulty.
Thanks for your success story and motivation! Hopefully we will keep hearing more success stories here :)

ANyone knows what is the charges for Dr Lim's plan ?

I am intending to visit him next week for some detailed scan and check up due to previous ectopic pregnancy.

Hi Sisters does anyone of u know where to buy saizen fr jb? I heard can get the same thing for cheaper price in jb but I dun know where to buy. I called up tmc in jb and another fertility clinic in taman sentosa but they say they dun use and dun sell saizen

Thank you!!!

May I ask how many cycles of Plan A did you do before you got your BFP?

Can other women who were successful on Plan A share their statistics?

Hi Dinky, I was on plan A for 2 consecutive months also nvr strike. Both times have great lining, mucus and eggs. But still nothing.

I was on plan A 4 years back. I struck on the first try but ended up in ectopic. But I was 30 years old then.

I failed the 1st fresh cycle and 1 FET before I BFP.

Then this time round, I failed the 2nd fresh and BFP on FET. Maybe to have more info, you can join the other thread - IVF/ICSI
You BFP on 2 FET so both BFP were on FET? Did I interpret rightly? Because not very clear.

hi i've been to dr. lim since oct 2015, he said i've got PCOM, my right tube is blocked & retroverted uterus :(

at first me & DH want to directly try for IVF but dr. lim said better try plan A first so we both give it a try for 2 times failed Plan A,
we asked dr. lim to try plan B for 1 time and still failed :(

so we took the last move on Plan C on Febuary 2016 but sadly my embryo only got 1 blastosis with average quality, and that time my condition was very bad with flu & bloatedness so we decided to freeze the only one embryo. so we plan for the FET on May 2016. after the FET dr. lim suggest us if this Plan C dont work he suggest taking the saizen injection for a period of 2-3 moths :(

after 2ww my menses came on the 3rd week :( i think i need to come back to meet dr. lim for the saizen injection but i still abit curious can saizen really help? is there anyone here that already have tried saizen inj? any of you ladies have any idea or experience how long do you have to take saizen till pregnant?
btw im 31 years old is saizen really necessary?

Hello everyone

I was previously with dr Cathryn chan who diagnosed me with pcos without any blood test and based on the scan. Got pregnant with the jan but micarruage when it's only 4 weeks. Chanced upon this thread while looking for another gynae.

Would like to know the procedures and whether any tests will be run during the first consultation with dr Lim. What are the charges like?

Thanks a lot!

Back