2016/08 August babies

Wts: Pre-loved Quinny Zapp stroller with maxi-cosi. Come with travel bag & rain cover. $300 Condition: 8/10
WA: 8498 8382 for more pics
ImageUploadedByForum1458959703.150336.jpg

Going KKH for my detail scan this wednesday + see Gynac. Feeling excited. Another major milestone. Ha ha

are you in your 20 weeks exactly? do share with us after your scan :) will be going for mine next Wednesday, will be in my 21 week by then. looking forward..

are you in your 20 weeks exactly? do share with us after your scan :) will be going for mine next Wednesday, will be in my 21 week by then. looking forward..

Hello, my edd date is 13th Aug, but will do doing C Section on 3rd Aug. This of cos is current plan ya. If baby decide otherwise then we will go with the flow. ha ha

Hello, did my detail scan yesterday. It cost $139 (GST inclusive). The scan take about 45min and your hubby can join you. After the scan, i met up with my gynac for a regular check and also review the detail scan result. All is ok. Thank you. They also print out some scan pic for you to keep.

Next appt is in 4 week time, there is a need to test for diabete. There is a need to fast from 12 midnight and then report to the hospital at 0830hr to draw blood, then they are suppose to give you a small cup of ultra sweet liquid to drink and then draw blood again in 2 hours time. They also schedule me to meet my gynac in the afternoon. I understand the diabete test result will not be ready on the same day, if the test result is no good, the nurse will contact you.

Which you the best for your next week scan.

I did my detailed scan too. Baby is okay but I'm having a low placenta. Anyone know if there will be any complications with a low placenta? I read that the reason with that may due to I had a previous c sect.

I did my detailed scan too. Baby is okay but I'm having a low placenta. Anyone know if there will be any complications with a low placenta? I read that the reason with that may due to I had a previous c sect.

Hello, actually the best person to provide you the answer is your chosen gynac. He/she is the expert and also know your specific condition best. You pay him/her so much le, should make him/her work more ya. hee hee

Hi, have a read on http://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc , quite informative. Apparently it depends on how far you are at your pregnancy. If you are not bleeding, it should be fine. What did your gynae say?

Hi all, my EDD is 8th Aug.
I am thinking of putting my baby in infant care after she is 3-4 months old in Nov 16. However, I was searching for infant care in SengKang, I was told by "My First Skool" that I can only register my baby online via Childcarelink website after baby is born and with birth cert. There is also no guarantee for vacancies by Nov and I may be place on the waiting list.
Should I call the infant care center now or should I wait till my baby is born? If I call now, will they entertain me and put me on waiting list?

Hi all, my EDD is 8th Aug.
I am thinking of putting my baby in infant care after she is 3-4 months old in Nov 16. However, I was searching for infant care in SengKang, I was told by "My First Skool" that I can only register my baby online via Childcarelink website after baby is born and with birth cert. There is also no guarantee for vacancies by Nov and I may be place on the waiting list.
Should I call the infant care center now or should I wait till my baby is born? If I call now, will they entertain me and put me on waiting list?

Hello, if you have the time, you can act blur and pop by the specific infant care center during operating hours that you like to meet the principal/teacher, they might give you a little tour and description of their program and fee structure. They can also advise how to chope a space for your child. Nothing beat able to see the actual condition that your precious baby will be in ya.

Infant care space usually not a problem unless the center is damn hot. The more problematic i.e. hard to get space are the Nursery 1, 2 spot. If your bb spend sufficient month in their infant care, they typically will chope a N1 and N2 class for you. That is one of the advantage to start from infant care. Of cos in all things, there are alsways pros and cons to consider, have a good discussion with your hubby and then make the best decision for your child, i am sure both of you will be able to work out something sui sui for your child.

jia you.

Thank you aaa111!!!

I have visited one of the infant care under "My First Skool" and was told that there were 300 ppl on waiting list!! :(

Shall try other centers in the area too.....

hello. yup, 2 -18 mths at infant care.
we are planning to reg too. Edd Aug. wife will be taking ML 3mths. Can i safely say that only with birth cert, then can reg?
if after 3 months no space how? we also sengkang area.

Thank you aaa111!!!

I have visited one of the infant care under "My First Skool" and was told that there were 300 ppl on waiting list!! :(

Shall try other centers in the area too.....

Hihi, yes only after when your baby has a birth certificate then you can register on the waiting list. It is very hard to get into centres in the sengkang and punggol area due to the large numbers of young families there. Just try your luck and hopefully you can get a slot. Usually if you drop by the centres, they may not be able to bring you around for a centre tour because usually it is only upon availability of a vacancy then they will contact parents for placement and viewing, then you can decide whether you still want to put your child in the centre after you view the centre.

If you wait for 6 months and still cannot get a vacancy then quite unlikely to get a vacancy for the year already(unless you got lucky and some other parents ahead of you decide to give up the placement!). The best is to put your child's name in a few waiting list so that you have more options. Hopes this information helps! :) Just sharing what I know.

Hi mummies to be, I'm letting go 2 packets of brand new maternity pads from mothercare at $16 mailed.
Please PM me if you are keen.
I bought it on Jan 2016.
Still available? I not familiar with the functions here. Don't k
Hi mummies to be, I'm letting go 2 packets of brand new maternity pads from mothercare at $16 mailed.
Please PM me if you are keen.
I bought it on Jan 2016.
still available?
I don't know how to PM... SORRY..

Hello everyone,

I am a dad to be, wife is currently 20 weeks pregnant EDD 30 August and our gynae is Dr Chen Lin Han.

I read this forum for confinement nanny inside out and noticed that many long reviews were posted by new members (like me) with only 1 single post saying wahhhhh the nanny best in the world ah blah blah blah. Makes me wonder if they are even real.

Anyone of you kancheong about confinement nanny already?

Hihi, yes only after when your baby has a birth certificate then you can register on the waiting list. It is very hard to get into centres in the sengkang and punggol area due to the large numbers of young families there. Just try your luck and hopefully you can get a slot. Usually if you drop by the centres, they may not be able to bring you around for a centre tour because usually it is only upon availability of a vacancy then they will contact parents for placement and viewing, then you can decide whether you still want to put your child in the centre after you view the centre.

If you wait for 6 months and still cannot get a vacancy then quite unlikely to get a vacancy for the year already(unless you got lucky and some other parents ahead of you decide to give up the placement!). The best is to put your child's name in a few waiting list so that you have more options. Hopes this information helps! :) Just sharing what I know.

Just in case we still have not got any placement after my 3months of ML, my husband and I are also looking out for baby sitters. I heard now there is subsidy in hiring baby sitter also... but not so sure about the benefits.

Hello everyone,

I am a dad to be, wife is currently 20 weeks pregnant EDD 30 August and our gynae is Dr Chen Lin Han.

I read this forum for confinement nanny inside out and noticed that many long reviews were posted by new members (like me) with only 1 single post saying wahhhhh the nanny best in the world ah blah blah blah. Makes me wonder if they are even real.

Hi Weiquan, by now you should already booked the confinement lady (CL) le... I tried to call a few reputable CL when in Feb, most of them are booked during Aug. unless you are booking via agency, which I did because of the cheaper price and clearer term and conditions.

Pohlin, we also Aug..checked out PEM confinement agency. very fast response and keep followed up. some also keep spam Video interview via mobile. likely will do with PEM.
haven confirm yet though

Phantom how is PEM ah?

Wah seh siao liao. The kiasu virus in me is driving me nuts. I cannot believe I am late!

But hor I am those kind of people who cannot accept low quality work and have to change, so I scared agency CL will make me have to change.

I am a strict perfectionist at work but is quite chin chye person when it comes to personal stuff, always kena all these sway things one. Always meet vendors / persons who shortchange me in my private life LOL.

wat a coincidence!! I also booked PEM.... hope the CL they sent are good... I have heard both good n bad review abt them....

ng, my friend got at 2.3k. exclude angpow. heard if no good, can replace (last thing all of us want lar)...
also i also planning hire helper or infant care (2mths-too small). so likely go with helper. then after work pick up, morning send over to in-law place. u wan share share ur planning? aizai, still got time.:)

Hello everyone,

I have decided to go with pem confinement agency. Friend gave me good review after her 2 confinements, and it's a 1 stop shop and things are all taken care of (including soup, massage). Just pray for a good and responsible nanny. While we don't know when the baby will arrive, they will have the nanny for your place by 2pm on the day you discharge.

Thanks all for response.

I am skeptical about PEM because the chance of getting good or bad nanny is about 50%. Too high in my opinion which is why I am concern.

My plan is to clear about 40 days of 60+ days accumulated leave and off days, stay home to learn from CL.

I view the CL as an expert in her field, which is why I want to make sure I get someone responsible so I can learn.

Cheers!

Ng. No doubt is the same as maid service agency. But bobian one at times. Unless u got lobang from own ppl for recommendation. For me is my mil will assist in supervision, at same time, i can learn from her too.

Hi all, new to this group. I'm a mom with no.2 & edd in mid-aug. any free-lance CL to recomm anyone?

Also, what are the tonics urself or your wives are now taking that is safe for baby?

Thanks,
Steph.

Sorry to barge in ! Need some advices from mummies here .Anyone tested negative with clearblue digital with indication test kit but ended up pregnant ? I Tested negative this morning using Watsons and clearblue digital.Im 2 days late and I do experiences sore breast ,I do have the feeling of pregnant .Was disappointed by the results .Im on medications so I'm thinking wheather to stop or continue to taking .confused here !

Sorry to barge in ! Need some advices from mummies here .Anyone tested negative with clearblue digital with indication test kit but ended up pregnant ? I Tested negative this morning using Watsons and clearblue digital.Im 2 days late and I do experiences sore breast ,I do have the feeling of pregnant .Was disappointed by the results .Im on medications so I'm thinking wheather to stop or continue to taking .confused here !

Hello, just go to your preferred GP near your house to have the doctor do a preggy test on you. Dun waste $$$ on the clearblue etc le.

All the best

Just in case we still have not got any placement after my 3months of ML, my husband and I are also looking out for baby sitters. I heard now there is subsidy in hiring baby sitter also... but not so sure about the benefits.

Hmm.. Good idea to get a baby sitter too but have to really find a reliable one... Not sure about subsidy for baby sitters though...

That true. but i guess paying $XX to a qualified doctor to hear him say whether "preggy" or "not preggy" can means a lot to some mummy. :)
Ya, you pay additional consultation fees to the doc lor...actually some say HPT is buay zhun, I beg to differ cos other than the blood tests, docs (GPs) also use HPT :p

By the way, aaa111, you having a boy or a girl?

Back