IVF at KKH

Hihi, I with kk hospital under Dr Tan HH
Sorry for replying late, just back from holiday. Enjoy first before start IVF in july...haha
Hi bbdust81 is this ur 1st cycle? Good luck to u. Where u go for holidays ha? Good to relax before those injections start.

Hi everyone,

I'm just here to share my journey with everyone.
I started my ivf journey many years back, like almost 10 years ago.

My doctor that time was Dr SF Loh, who was still at KKH. I actually went through a total of 5 cycles, which included 2 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. Throughout the 2 yrs, I went through a laparoscopy which detected my blocked tubes and I even had OHSS from one of my cycles which resulted me having a kidney infection. I even quit my teaching job as I thought it was too stressful for me to conceive.

Despite all these hurdles, I finally managed to conceived after my 5th try and now I have a wonderful boy and a girl.

For those who are undergoing the treatment now, I can understand the stress and anxiety that you are experiencing now. Just like to let you know, don't give up and stay positive. And I wish that all of you baby luck soon

You conceived twice or you got twins? And may I ask you conceived successfully is on fresh or FET de?

You conceived twice or you got twins? And may I ask you conceived successfully is on fresh or FET de?

Hi,

I actually conceived twice. I got pregnant with my boy after 5 attempts, over a span of two yrs. Then when my boy turned one, I went back to do another cycle and I got pregnant after one try. My second one was a girl.

Both cycles were actually FET... My fresh cycles failed me..

Last edited:
Thank you @Ganbit I've got 101 thgs in mind that i would like to do. I will be having tuitions too. Ive got lots n lots tv series and dramas to catch. Hopefully i can conceive within my leave period.

So have u decided whats ur nx plan?
Thank you @Ganbit I've got 101 thgs in mind that i would like to do. I will be having tuitions too. Ive got lots n lots tv series and dramas to catch. Hopefully i can conceive within my leave period.

I've just seen Dr tan HH, and I must say he is a confident & upbeat doc! So hub n I feel good about this. We're booked for aug ivf cycle. He's happy with whatever reports I could provide from Nuh, but just wants to check my ovarian reserve again n another scan for womb lining( which Nuh has never done) since I had a d&c previously. I actually had a hundred and one questions for him, but he kinda addressed all of it even before I could ask.

Enjoy your break.. You will be doing it in June right? Keep us updated!

Babe, you should check out other doctors. Especially after 3 tries at the same hospital. A change of environment may be good. And a change of "hands" too? Probably good for your self esteem and confidence too. Oh I have nothing against NUH. Ive spoken to a few doctors at KKH which couldn't help me and couldn't explain stuff and I couldn't accept that. Sighs. Now I finally found courage to do IVF and so I signed up as a private patient under Dr Tan HH. Just for a change of doctor. Lets see what happens. Wish me luck!
Good luck for your change of doc too!
I've also just seen dr tan & scheduled for August cycle. Fingers crossed

I've just seen Dr tan HH, and I must say he is a confident & upbeat doc! So hub n I feel good about this. We're booked for aug ivf cycle. He's happy with whatever reports I could provide from Nuh, but just wants to check my ovarian reserve again n another scan for womb lining( which Nuh has never done) since I had a d&c previously. I actually had a hundred and one questions for him, but he kinda addressed all of it even before I could ask.

Enjoy your break.. You will be doing it in June right? Keep us updated!
dear, is this your first time seeing him and straight away booked the IVF cycle? i'm only booked for next consultation to see blood test result..hmm..

dear, is this your first time seeing him and straight away booked the IVF cycle? i'm only booked for next consultation to see blood test result..hmm..

Hi, yes first consult then straight away booked cos I already did 3 cycles elsewhere. I also have a blood test n scan n another appointment with him to review results before starting ivf . We were anxious not to delay n communicated that to him I guess..

I'm in great dilema whether to opt for IUI or IVF. I have PCOS and gynae given highest dosage of Clomid but I still do not ovulate.

Anyone with PCOS had a successful IUI?

I fixed an appt with Dr Tan HH in June. For first appt, must Husband attend the consultation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, doctor did blood test on you only on the first appt?

hi dear, went to see dr Tan, waited for about 1 hour+, he didn't talk much as i had the letter from Dr Loh, he basically checked my eggs reserve thru ultrasound and said "very very good". was sent to do blood test and now need to wait to see him again regarding blood test result on the 15th of June (SO LONG)..

is this common to wait so long for the results or can i call in to make earlier appointments? any comments from experienced ladies here? :) thanks!

4th day of Orgalutran jabs! Starting the Gonal F tomorrow!
Anyone same cycle as me?
Hi pompeepee.. me same as you! I jus finish 4 days or orgalutran jav 2 days ago. Yesterday started on puregon. This is my first cycle! :)). Jai you. I am w dr sadhana in kkh. How about you?

Hi pompeepee.. me same as you! I jus finish 4 days or orgalutran jav 2 days ago. Yesterday started on puregon. This is my first cycle! :)). Jai you. I am w dr sadhana in kkh. How about you?

Hello @mspau !
Same Dr as you! this is my first cycle too! Today is the 7 day of jab (Gonal F) and going back on Friday for scan!

Reactions: cen
Hi! Am in CD 2 and just went to KKH for my appointment. Given gonal and orgalutron and next appointment will be next Friday! Super nervous and excited

Good luck to all!

Thanks! May I ask if anyone is taking or has Ensure Life during the ivf process?

I read many different articles to support or against drinking it, so am a little confused.

Quick check.. if i go to kkh as a private patient i can still enjoy cofund for ivf? Planning to see dr loh first and if really need ivf den go kkh. Is that possible?

Quick check.. if i go to kkh as a private patient i can still enjoy cofund for ivf? Planning to see dr loh first and if really need ivf den go kkh. Is that possible?

Yap. U can still enjoy govt co-funding for IVF even if u r a private patient at any of the govt hospitals (which includes KKH). :)

Hi all. I've been a silent follower for some time. I've been married 3.5 years and seriously TTC for 2.5 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago and have had 2 failed IUIs so far. Am currently on CD 11 STIMS 9 for my first IVF cycle with Dr Sadhana.

Just had my CD 8 Stims 7 scan 2 days ago and I was told to continue with my jabs as I have many follicles but they are all small - 9.5 is my largest and average is from 6 to 7. I'm a little worried about this and want to check if anyone had similar sizes that led to a viable cycle? I'm going back for another scan tomorrow.

My biggest fear is cancellation of this cycle due to not having enough viable eggs

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks :)

Hi all, may i know the schedule date for ivf. is it the date to do the operation or it start with injection?

You must made appt with hospital for ivf then once give you the month to do ivf. First will inject first then follow mini operation

i may be late in responding but just came across this thread and i feel i should respond too.

did my ivf in KKH in year 2009, my first IVF done under Prof Loh (he was the Head / IVF at that time). it was a successful treatment and now my son has just turned 6th.
Prof Loh is no longer with KKH but he has his own clinic in Thomson Medical.

For those who wished to ask more, do email me at [email protected]. I am more than happy to support and share :)

May God Bless each one of you whom are going through the treatment right now.

Hi twooonethree,
How have you been?
Are u on leave already and started your cycle?

Hi ladies today is my 4dp2dt .. I am experiencing some bleeding with clots. The bleeding is a brownish type.. any concerns on that?

Hi Ladies,

I have just done my ET on last friday, 030616..
Now so excited and nervous at the same time..

anyone also doing ET on same day as me? or any tips to share during this "long waiting leave"..

Thank you
melody

Hi Melody
My blood test on 17 wor .... Ya .. Bedrest on ET and nua-ing until now. Haha

Hi PomPeePee

oic, baby dust on you...
same..lets "Jia you"..
i have been slacking during this period too..
jus sometime feel boring as nothing much can be do aso..

been nervous and excited too..
seeing some online forum say pineapple is good, do you try?

melodychua

I don't dare try the pineapple thingy thou. Jus plenty rest + chicken essence + water + folic + soup. Hope that is sufficient ...

Back