Cesarean (Csect) Mummies

CTTC

Hi, any Cesarean mummies can share the after operation pain, how to manage it, and also since we cannot so tummy massage, how to lose the weight and how long after can we start carrying heavy things etc! Thank you.

For me, pain level was 7/10. Had to get down from bed to start walking the day after my operation. some mummies say using tummy binder helps ease the pains little but it depends on individual actually. Can go for post natal massage 6 months after operation to get rid of the 'wind' depending on how fast your wound heals. :)

anyone knows after c sect, after how long can get preg again? I read online somewhere minimum of 6 months.

For me, pain level was 7/10. Had to get down from bed to start walking the day after my operation. some mummies say using tummy binder helps ease the pains little but it depends on individual actually. Can go for post natal massage 6 months after operation to get rid of the 'wind' depending on how fast your wound heals. :)
Are you a person who can tolerate pain? After Csect, I heard immediately cannot take care of baby and needs to be bed rested?? Is that true?

ditto to that.. everyone's constitution is different, so you may want to follow up with your gynae to check if your body is strong enough to continue with the next pregnancy. Afterall, C sect is a highly invasive procedure..

as for the weight-bearing, don't do it during the first month of healing, for sure. You might risk splitting the wound. I was advised to not carry heavy weights as long as as much as possible.

Have to get down and start walking the following day after csec. The initial was painful but e earlier you start to walk, the faster it heal. I'm low tolerance for pain but my gynae stitches were very good and with the binder, I was off pain killer 2 days after csec. No weight bearing things during the first month. After that, try not to as long as possible. Continue to wear binder for 3 months. I did post natal massage 10 days after delivery.

Have to get down and start walking the following day after csec. The initial was painful but e earlier you start to walk, the faster it heal. I'm low tolerance for pain but my gynae stitches were very good and with the binder, I was off pain killer 2 days after csec. No weight bearing things during the first month. After that, try not to as long as possible. Continue to wear binder for 3 months. I did post natal massage 10 days after delivery.
Can I check who is your gynae? 10 days after delivery wound already recovered enough to do post natal massage??????

My gynae is Dr H K Ho from Mt A.

According to my massage lady, not everyone is confident to massage after 10 days. My friends tried and recommended her to me. But I was still scared. Turned out ok.

According to my massage lady, not everyone is confident to massage after 10 days. My friends tried and recommended her to me. But I was still scared. Turned out ok.
Do you mind sharing your massage lady's contact?

Do you mind sharing your massage lady's contact?
Me also done a postnatal massage ard 10-14days after csect. My massage lady used her herb to apply on my stitches. Heal faster. I would say with my gynae's skills n her herb. At my post doc review, my wound heal nicely. Experience massage lady wouldn't massage at our wound areas. Tummy wise also very gentle.

for me pain level 8/10 for the 2nd and 3rd day after delivery. I can walk on 2nd day already slowly without help. Else it's kinda ok healing. I took care of my twins my own with some help form mum and my hb. I still carry bbs. And also carry things like groceries stuffs etc..now almost a year after. Im so much slimmer as lost weight while taking care bbs and breastfeeding (pump)

Me also done a postnatal massage ard 10-14days after csect. My massage lady used her herb to apply on my stitches. Heal faster. I would say with my gynae's skills n her herb. At my post doc review, my wound heal nicely. Experience massage lady wouldn't massage at our wound areas. Tummy wise also very gentle.
can you share the contact? Thanks..

all csection must walk on the 2nd day then will assess if u can be discharge on the 3rd day else the dr will recommend to keep u hospitalized longer.
the pain was 8/10 when coming down from bed to walk. thereafter subsequent walking is fine and can be done unassisted just have to walk baby steps.
i was off pain killers on the 3rd day. it is manageable.
my gynae recommend me to do massage only from 3/4 wks post surgery to be safe, bcos we never know the skills/ experience of the massage therapist so better to err on the safe side.
can breastfeed from the start, the nurse will bring the baby to u and u can BF straight away.
i dont feel the pain while BF, just normal womb contraction.
hold the baby cradle/ football position and not resting on the wound area, on top of it ( tummy) its ok and manageable, so dont fret about not able to BF which was my initial worry.
rest well and try to minimize walking during 1st week, u will recover fast
:)

for me ..it is not pain but numbness and tightness .. with occasion mense like cramp cos womb shrinking

breastfeed no issue .. the nurse will teach you how

as for massage.. i did it for my #1 and see no result so i didnt bother to enage one for #2 lolz ..

the most important thing for C sect is make sure you get a binder .. it really help alot ..which explain why i dun feel pain lolz

Best time to do post natal massage after c-sect is 3wks. Thats what my gynea told me cos thats when the stiches shld be dried up n the internal wound shld healed too. For those who keen to hv their tummy flattened u can try my massage lady name Aunty Yati 93838749. In 3 days u can see the difference. I took the 7days package n she charged $450.

Hi mum, I'm also with Dr. HK Ho. 1st time mum due in Sept'16.

I'm really glad to read from your post that his skills are still good... hahaha...I was worried he may be losing his touch cos he looks quite old liao.
I'm also thinking of elective c-sect and that's the reason why I chose Dr. Ho cos many forum members feedback that his sewing skill is good.
Thus it's definitely reassuring seeing your post. :D

Just a quick question regarding the binder...
(1) Will it be provided by the hospital (Mt. A) or we buy ourself?
(2) If we buy ourself, any particular brand or type of binder that's good? I see quite a few choices on Qoo10. Must it be medical/hospital grade?
TIA for your advice. :)

for my #1 my gynae gave me
for my #2 i bought from gynae cos she dun give anymore lolz

i dont bother with Q0010 .. i rather pay more for hospital grade

I have always thought my pain tolerance level is very low. But I was surprised to find myself feeling only 6/10 pain after my spinal went off.

And walking around off the bed was 7/10 pain I feel. By the 3rd day I was able to walk to toilet myself. By the end of first week I can feel not more the 3/10 pain (with painkiller). At the end of 2nd week with stitches removed, it is only 2/10 pain (no more painkillers).

I showered, washed dishes and took care of my newborn as usual (full breastfeeding). Only avoided house chores and carrying heavy items. And I started my jamu massage at the 4th week after c-sect as I am nearly fully recovered. I am at my 7th week post ops now and totally pain free.

So I guess it depends on individual, before my ops I read so many horror stories about the pain and slow recovery process for c-sect it made me so stressful! Oh and yes, the tummy binder saved me hell lot!! So it's good to invest in a good one :)

I have always thought my pain tolerance level is very low. But I was surprised to find myself feeling only 6/10 pain after my spinal went off.

And walking around off the bed was 7/10 pain I feel. By the 3rd day I was able to walk to toilet myself. By the end of first week I can feel not more the 3/10 pain (with painkiller). At the end of 2nd week with stitches removed, it is only 2/10 pain (no more painkillers).

I showered, washed dishes and took care of my newborn as usual (full breastfeeding). Only avoided house chores and carrying heavy items. And I started my jamu massage at the 4th week after c-sect as I am nearly fully recovered. I am at my 7th week post ops now and totally pain free.

So I guess it depends on individual, before my ops I read so many horror stories about the pain and slow recovery process for c-sect it made me so stressful! Oh and yes, the tummy binder saved me hell lot!! So it's good to invest in a good one :)

I think my pain tolerance is non-existent...worse than you...hahaha...at most can tahan menses cramps I think. :p
Based on your judgment, how would you rate normal menses pain...like on the 1st-2nd day of menses? From your rating, I will get a rough idea of what 7/10 feels like..lolx
By the way, is it painful when removing stitches?

I think my pain tolerance is non-existent...worse than you...hahaha...at most can tahan menses cramps I think. :p
Based on your judgment, how would you rate normal menses pain...like on the 1st-2nd day of menses? From your rating, I will get a rough idea of what 7/10 feels like..lolx
By the way, is it painful when removing stitches?

Haha! First menses day ah, maybe a 5/10 on really bad days.

Nope, not at all, just a weird feeling of a thread moving thru your skin. Like the weird feeling when they are gonna remove your urinal cathedral.

The real pain for me was the engorgement :( So painful I cried and shivered in cold sweats when the lactation consultant came and help me express my colostrum. I think from what you describe of your pain tolerance, it would be rather painful for you too.

But then maybe you underestimated yourself? Hehehe~ Maybe you are strong enough to take it! Jiayou!! :)

Yup, maybe I m underestimating my body's capability to tolerate pain...but what to do, my brain is instilling a lot of fear into my body right now.:(
Other than engorgement, another thing I'm also not looking forward to is the cervical dilation check...it's like everyone on the forum is saying how horrible it is....
Reading too much is definitely not a good thing now :confused:

Yup, maybe I m underestimating my body's capability to tolerate pain...but what to do, my brain is instilling a lot of fear into my body right now.:(
Other than engorgement, another thing I'm also not looking forward to is the cervical dilation check...it's like everyone on the forum is saying how horrible it is....
Reading too much is definitely not a good thing now :confused:

Babe, you going for elective csect or just prep-ing yourself of the pain in case of emergency csect?

Because for me, I chose elective csect and there was no dilation check at all because all was planned.

Babe, you going for elective csect or just prep-ing yourself of the pain in case of emergency csect?

Because for me, I chose elective csect and there was no dilation check at all because all was planned.

Is it? No dilation check for elective c-sect ar....*PHEW* I want to go for elective c-sect!!! :D

I thought gynae will perform cervical dilation check at around wk36 regardless of whether you are going for natural or elective c-sect....as usual, I read it from some forum.:oops:
Thought it's unavoidable regardless of delivery method cos gynae wants to make sure you are not dilating or showing signs of early labour.

Is it? No dilation check for elective c-sect ar....*PHEW* I want to go for elective c-sect!!! :D

I thought gynae will perform cervical dilation check at around wk36 regardless of whether you are going for natural or elective c-sect....as usual, I read it from some forum.:oops:
Thought it's unavoidable regardless of delivery method cos gynae wants to make sure you are not dilating or showing signs of early labour.

Oh then maybe it's up to your gynae? Though I was indeed checked via a vaginal scan at 36 weeks cause I had a fall and contractions after that. So my gynae had to make sure my water bag didn't break and I'm not in labour.

Hi mum, I'm also with Dr. HK Ho. 1st time mum due in Sept'16.

I'm really glad to read from your post that his skills are still good... hahaha...I was worried he may be losing his touch cos he looks quite old liao.
I'm also thinking of elective c-sect and that's the reason why I chose Dr. Ho cos many forum members feedback that his sewing skill is good.
Thus it's definitely reassuring seeing your post. :D

Just a quick question regarding the binder...
(1) Will it be provided by the hospital (Mt. A) or we buy ourself?
(2) If we buy ourself, any particular brand or type of binder that's good? I see quite a few choices on Qoo10. Must it be medical/hospital grade?
TIA for your advice. :)

Hi hi! Nice to know that you are with dr ho. The binder will be given to you on the day of Csec by the clinic. Chargeable thou..... Then you bring the binder to the delivery room. So you don't have to worry. I used the binder for more than 3 months. No need to buy extra one...but if you want can also.

Oh then maybe it's up to your gynae? Though I was indeed checked via a vaginal scan at 36 weeks cause I had a fall and contractions after that. So my gynae had to make sure my water bag didn't break and I'm not in labour.

Thanks for the advice...I will beg my gynae to use the vaginal scan if possible... if he really has to check.

Hi hi! Nice to know that you are with dr ho. The binder will be given to you on the day of Csec by the clinic. Chargeable thou..... Then you bring the binder to the delivery room. So you don't have to worry. I used the binder for more than 3 months. No need to buy extra one...but if you want can also.

Thanks for the advice too...I will check it out with the clinic when the time comes.

I had 2 CSECs. 1st was a nightmare, 2nd was a breeze. My pain tolerance is high and I was overconfident during my round 1. I didn't expect I will be so dysfunctional after the 10cm cut! And I didn't expect that I was made to walk on the 2nd day. It was really hell for me. Plus breastfeeding without aircon/fan makes things worse, sunk into severe depression after that.

2nd one was surprisingly a breeze! I was cut on the same area where it was already been numbed by the 1st cut. I was able to get down the bed without no help on 2nd morning.

I feel it boils down to how psychology well u r prepared for it. Everyone is different. As long as you heard enough horror stories on the pain, you are more or less prepared.

Given a chance to restart my motherhood again, I will still choose CSEC as my delivery mode again!

Good luck to all upcoming csec mummies!

I had 2 c-sects and my pain tolerance level is very low, never did I get to know that my threshold for pain is so good.
for both my c-sects, I did not rely on any pain killers at all as the pain was bearable and manageable. I was asked to get down to do a slow walk on the 2nd day after ops.
everything well went, so mummies that are going for c-sect, no worries about the pain u going to face on the 2nd day.
regards to the removal of stitch, oh my~ the first removal was smooth without any pain but the 2nd removal was horrible, really pain and can feel the sharpness slicing through, yucks! I was told by my gynae that the pain level gets more & more challenging.

I had 2 CSECs. 1st was a nightmare, 2nd was a breeze. My pain tolerance is high and I was overconfident during my round 1. I didn't expect I will be so dysfunctional after the 10cm cut! And I didn't expect that I was made to walk on the 2nd day. It was really hell for me. Plus breastfeeding without aircon/fan makes things worse, sunk into severe depression after that.

2nd one was surprisingly a breeze! I was cut on the same area where it was already been numbed by the 1st cut. I was able to get down the bed without no help on 2nd morning.

I feel it boils down to how psychology well u r prepared for it. Everyone is different. As long as you heard enough horror stories on the pain, you are more or less prepared.

Given a chance to restart my motherhood again, I will still choose CSEC as my delivery mode again!

Good luck to all upcoming csec mummies!

Hi, can I check with you, did the doc slice at the same exact spot of your 1st csect? Or it will be a different spot ? How was the healing? Same as the first time round, no issue?

Can pls share your massage lady’s contact? Thanks!

Can pls share your massage lady’s contact? Thanks!

Back