Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi All, I am new here! Also under Prof Wong. Started Nor-E since 1 May and need to eat twice a day for 14 days. However, I have been spotting since 8 May. Called CHR and the nurses said this is not common. Any advice? Any sisters here with similar symptoms? Am worried this is going to affect my IVF cycle... =(

Hi All, I am new here! Also under Prof Wong. Started Nor-E since 1 May and need to eat twice a day for 14 days. However, I have been spotting since 8 May. Called CHR and the nurses said this is not common. Any advice? Any sisters here with similar symptoms? Am worried this is going to affect my IVF cycle... =(

It's best to check with the doctor. You can ask CHR nurse to check with your doctor whether you should still proceed with the fresh cycle with the spotting.

Hi All

I am going for my bt 10dp5dt in 2 days' time and am really anxious as for the last two days, I have been moist and mucusy in the v area like i do whenever my menses is about to come. Is this normal or is it because my recent fresh cycle failed and the inserts r preventing my menses from coming? :(

It's best to check with the doctor. You can ask CHR nurse to check with your doctor whether you should still proceed with the fresh cycle with the spotting.

Thks Day Dreaming. Doc told me to increase dosage to 2 pills twice a day!! Hope nothing else wrong with me.... sigh

Hi everyone, new to this thread. Just failed IUI with PC Wong, going to IVF soon. Will take Nor-E this month & IVF in June. Anyone also the same?

Hi everyone, new to this thread. Just failed IUI with PC Wong, going to IVF soon. Will take Nor-E this month & IVF in June. Anyone also the same?
Hi i will take Nor-E this month and start June as well. :)
So far havent receive call fro CHR on when to start the med. As menses came last 2 days and CHR suppose to call me today but till now havent receive their call.

Hi i will take Nor-E this month and start June as well. :)
So far havent receive call fro CHR on when to start the med. As menses came last 2 days and CHR suppose to call me today but till now havent receive their call.
Hi ylgoh :) Great to hear from you.

My menses came yesterday. I called CHR this morn and they said they will call me later this afternoon. haven't heard from them too. Did you do IUI with PC Wong, if yes how many times?

Hi ylgoh :) Great to hear from you.

My menses came yesterday. I called CHR this morn and they said they will call me later this afternoon. haven't heard from them too. Did you do IUI with PC Wong, if yes how many times?
i didnt do any IUI this is my 2nd time IVF with him. 1st time was success and my gal now is 2.5yo. I did not have any frozen embies and only one embryo fertilised and success.
Hopefully this time round also can have the same result. :)

i didnt do any IUI this is my 2nd time IVF with him. 1st time was success and my gal now is 2.5yo. I did not have any frozen embies and only one embryo fertilised and success.
Hopefully this time round also can have the same result. :)
Ic wow. Were you on short or long protocol? And is it normal that the protocol for IVF is for patients to go on birth control pill like Nor-E for one month b4 IVF? My friend doing IVF is SGH didn't remember doing that. And now I heard SGH has PGA (selection of embryos) and some better meds to improve quality of embryos & blastocysts.

Ic wow. Were you on short or long protocol? And is it normal that the protocol for IVF is for patients to go on birth control pill like Nor-E for one month b4 IVF? My friend doing IVF is SGH didn't remember doing that. And now I heard SGH has PGA (selection of embryos) and some better meds to improve quality of embryos & blastocysts.
last 2 years i did ivf they havent implement this nor-e.

What I heard about PGA or Nuh call it PGD is its for couples with strong history of family history of genetics abnormalities or for ladies with recurrent mc.. Have they relax the criteria recently?

What I heard about PGA or Nuh call it PGD is its for couples with strong history of family history of genetics abnormalities or for ladies with recurrent mc.. Have they relax the criteria recently?
I'm not sure though. I didn't even hear of PGD during the ivf counselling. Will ask the nurse when i go down to collect nor-e. So pgd is available in NUH? I have 2 recurrent mc. I wonder if I'm eligible. Anyone done PGD in Nuh?

Hi ylgoh, has CHR contact you? They haven't contacted me.

I wonder how long it takes...
Hi,
Finally CHR called me. They are so busy and i keep calling them everyday and said will call me back but till today just call me back brief me on my schedule. How about u Jue, did they call u?

Hi all,
Anyone did acupuncture at TMC @ NUH medical centre?
Can share the experience and the charges?

Hi ylgoh,
I just signed up with the IVF package at TCM Thomson Medical @ NUH - there is a promo package for NUH patients - $448. 6 sessions.
Did my first one last week. So far ok. Dr Kuai seems experienced and my first accupunture session with her was very relaxing as compared to the other TCM clinics I have visited. Feels like going for facial as you get your own room - black out with music.

Just saw Dr Chew this morning for my Day2 Scans. Seems like only 3-4 follicles on each side. Is that normal? Sounds a little low. Will be starting my stimulation jabs tomorrow. Does anyone here have the same situation and ended up with more follicles after the jabs? Worried! Dr Chew also says there is a cyst on my right ovary... eeeks!

Hi ylgoh,
I just signed up with the IVF package at TCM Thomson Medical @ NUH - there is a promo package for NUH patients - $448. 6 sessions.
Did my first one last week. So far ok. Dr Kuai seems experienced and my first accupunture session with her was very relaxing as compared to the other TCM clinics I have visited. Feels like going for facial as you get your own room - black out with music.
Hi Lewezs,
Thanks for your sharing. How did u arrange the time? after scan the go for acupuncture?
Need to make appointment with Dr Kuai or just walk in? Will the waiting time very long?

Hi Lewezs,
Thanks for your sharing. How did u arrange the time? after scan the go for acupuncture?
Need to make appointment with Dr Kuai or just walk in? Will the waiting time very long?

I made my first appointment with her while I was still on Nor-E. The following appointments will mirror the appointments at CHR during stimulation phase. I had my first scan (Day 2 scan) this morning. I went over to update her on the results and as I am still having my period, I arranged my next accu session to be on the same day after the 2nd scan next week. Almost negligible waiting time. I really like it that it is in the same place - very convenient. Really dislike the long waiting times at those famous TCM clinics...

I made my first appointment with her while I was still on Nor-E. The following appointments will mirror the appointments at CHR during stimulation phase. I had my first scan (Day 2 scan) this morning. I went over to update her on the results and as I am still having my period, I arranged my next accu session to be on the same day after the 2nd scan next week. Almost negligible waiting time. I really like it that it is in the same place - very convenient. Really dislike the long waiting times at those famous TCM clinics...
Have u started accupunture yet? Did she say whether accupunture can help increase more follicles?

That's good that no waiting time. I like it too.
I will call and make appointment.

Have u started accupunture yet? Did she say whether accupunture can help increase more follicles?

Yah, started last week. My next one is next week. Accu is to increase blood flow to the uterus - not sure it helps to increase follicles. I can help ask the next session I see Dr Kuai.

yah with PC Wong but not sure if my ER and ET can wait for him to return from his holidays. no side effects on Nor-E but I started spotting 7 days after starting Nor-E and the spotting continued all the way till my period started. Its not common so not sure what happened there.

Hey sisters,
Just want to share, a long story in a short manner, to encourage all of u while not bringing up too much of tearful past.
Both hubby and i are in our early thirties, both have some issues but fixable with ivf. So went through 2 fresh cycles n a few frozen cycles in one year plus with no results. Everytime lining was good, embryos were good to very good
quality. The last cycle the dr whacked me with everything he thought was reasonable n evidence based but still no results. My 38 yo sister who failed ivf fresh n frozen a few times found herself got pregnant naturally after a few mths of tcm n accupuncture. This encouraged me to give it a go properly ie both hubby n i took tcm together and i went for accupuncture weekly then later twice a week (hubby cannot tolerate the accupuncture). At the same time i adopted a rabbit and found she helped me get rid of lots of negative thoughts and have better relationship with family n learn to be good parents. Never delay to get a pet for fear of getting pregnant anytime soon because it reallyis therapeutic in itself. More lately my sister mentioned above delivered a healthy baby boy which strengthened my faith that God has given us an innate ability to reproduce and it is his desire for us to be fruitful n multiply. all things will be beautiful in His time. Ok ok so long story short, i got my bfp "naturally" without ivf recently and i m thankful to God who provides and gives. He is the Creator of medical science and traditional chinese medicine and He sent us good drs and tcm physicians to helpus in this not so ideal world. I want to encourage some of u who have multiple unexplained failed ivfs to try to see tcm with an open mind and consider giving it a go. My hubby and i are the strongest resistance in the family for tcm because of our jobs. It was even harder for my hubby to consider. But now our lives are sweetly changed by tcm and we are grateful.
Just curious, what are your jobs?

Hi all.. I am doing ivf in NUH...did ER in Mar 16 but did not manage to do fresh ET as doc said there was fluid in my cavity and suggested doing FET.. Did FET in May 16 but tested negative..left 7 D3 embryos...do you think if I should make all D3 embryos to blastocyst and see which one can survive before transferring? Many thanks in advance=)

Sorry hear abt yr BFN.. don lose faith and jia you!

If this is your 1st fresh, you may try to blastocyst all! Most of them said blastocycst stands a stronger success to BFP..

You are with Dr Prof as well?

Thanks for your reply! Yup, is my first fresh..I am with Dr Lim....I just randomly choose a doc without researching...haha...will discuss with him on the blastocyst in the upcoming appointment=] Was thinking of transferring 2 embryos/ blastocysts in the next FET..higher chance coz I only transferred 1 embryo during first FET..

Dreamscometrue, sorry for my late reply! Din come in for some time... Yah, I saw him many times when I was subsidised patient. My last cycle went to prof, but I actually prefer dr lim. Cos he's more personable and anyway, prof still looks at subsidised patients' files and gives his input accordingly.

At all? So if i want to do IVF i can get on the next month's cycle instantly? Wow.
Can consider..

Of course you need to go for all the necessary checkups and blood tests before going straight for IVF. But I know NUH doesn't have a waiting time or q like KKH does. At least that's what my friend who is with KKH told me, she have to wait for her turn to start Ivf last time. Not sure now though.

Of course you need to go for all the necessary checkups and blood tests before going straight for IVF. But I know NUH doesn't have a waiting time or q like KKH does. At least that's what my friend who is with KKH told me, she have to wait for her turn to start Ivf last time. Not sure now though.

Personal experience:
1st pre IVf consultation was in 26/5/15. Then luckily my menses coming every month end, so my 2nd appt was D2 of my MC (beg of June) for all neseccasry scanning & BT. Then in July we met Prof Wong. I started my 1st cycle of Ivf in August.

2nd cycle, we started after our long trip in Mar. Call CHR when my MC came beg of Apr, and today I did my OR.

Hi ylgoh,
I am with TCM Thomson Medical @ NUH too. But I am with Dr Ho, a guy. He is a nice guy...environment is relaxing n I think Dr Ho is really good. He will give some general advise on what food, that r maybe too cold for the womb to avoid taking etc...

Personal experience:
1st pre IVf consultation was in 26/5/15. Then luckily my menses coming every month end, so my 2nd appt was D2 of my MC (beg of June) for all neseccasry scanning & BT. Then in July we met Prof Wong. I started my 1st cycle of Ivf in August.
2nd cycle, we started after our long trip in Mar. Call CHR when my MC came beg of Apr, and today I did my OR.

I was just scanned once by Dr Tan at KK on 28 Apr when I saw him for first consult to tell him i want to do IVF. No subsequent scan liao, and unfortunately I also have not seen Dr Tan since, there is no more follow up appt de (just like that?!) and the next time i go to the KK, will be for my IVF shots liao and I am miffed that I won't even be seeing Dr Tan for sure for that appt, it might be just some nurse or sonographer. Quite jia lat. What to do this is public hospital for you. My IVF slot is in July. So there is a 3 month gap. And it seems like NUH queue length is the same.
What BT is there to do? Is it because you have not done any treatment before? So if I have done my blood work elsewhere like anti mullerian, HIV, all this, can I just bring the test results over and thus no need to wait?
I am just wondering what is the NUH queue length that is caused by the backlog of people doing IVF and got their slot before me, and comparing with the same thing at KK, queue length that is caused by the backlog of people doing IVF and got their slot before me.

Last edited:
Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Back