IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters does progynova make u feel bloated. Feel more urge to pee and like can't control. Even night also must wake up.

Yes! Me!! When I first started progynova, I'm fine when it's just 2 pills twice a day but when dose went up to 3 pills twice a day, I started to have bloated tummy and diarrhea. Then went up to 4 pills twice a day. Doc said its normal and to carry on. Nurse said why not try to break up and eat every other hour to see if it helps. It sure does! I eat 2 tabs in the morning, 2 tabs afternoon, 2 tabs about 6pm and 2 tabs at night before bedtime. It sure helps and I have no more gassy tummy and diarrhea. I also made sure I don't eat them on an empty stomach. I only started peeing in the middle of the night while on 2ww so I don't think it's cos of progynova. I'm still eating 4 pills twice a day and may continue to do so if preg, I think for the first trimester.

Yes! Me!! When I first started progynova, I'm fine when it's just 2 pills twice a day but when dose went up to 3 pills twice a day, I started to have bloated tummy and diarrhea. Then went up to 4 pills twice a day. Doc said its normal and to carry on. Nurse said why not try to break up and eat every other hour to see if it helps. It sure does! I eat 2 tabs in the morning, 2 tabs afternoon, 2 tabs about 6pm and 2 tabs at night before bedtime. It sure helps and I have no more gassy tummy and diarrhea. I also made sure I don't eat them on an empty stomach. I only started peeing in the middle of the night while on 2ww so I don't think it's cos of progynova. I'm still eating 4 pills twice a day and may continue to do so if preg, I think for the first trimester.

I think the peeing is a sign of bfp....

@andreanie thanks for sharing ya. When I was on 2 pills ok. Then when started 3 got this bloat feel. Gassy. And urged to pee. Will try to split up. All the best for your bt tomorrow. Waiting to grab loads of babydust. Did u poas :p. Tomorrow my first scan for lining. Praying hard alls well.

Not for me. The least pill for side effects. I had it for 3 cycles. Not much issue
Maybe cause of my adeno condition where womb swell quite badly during cycle. think this is the after effect where the pill adds to the swell n press on bladder to pee more.

Any ladies did blood test to check vitamin d level? Can share where u did and cost? I checked a couple of clinics and seems not cheap, but i rem someone sharing that its not ex at the gp she did.

What support meds did nuh gave u gal?

They gave me Crinone to put in twice a day, Estrofem 4 tabs to put in once a day, 4 pills of progynova twice a day and 1 baby aspirin once a day plus your normal folic acid. And I ate my Brazil nuts 1-2 per day religiously.

They gave me Crinone to put in twice a day, Estrofem 4 tabs to put in once a day, 4 pills of progynova twice a day and 1 baby aspirin once a day plus your normal folic acid. And I ate my Brazil nuts 1-2 per day religiously.

Yr dosage seems higher.than me..

I am told to take 3 pills progynova twice a day, 2 pills of estrofem once a day, no aspirin...

Also fr NUH. Which doc r u under?

Yr dosage seems higher.than me..

I am told to take 3 pills progynova twice a day, 2 pills of estrofem once a day, no aspirin...

Also fr NUH. Which doc r u under?

Yup not surprised that your dosage is different cos everyone's different. Even my first Ivf and now I have different medications lol!

Yup not surprised that your dosage is different cos everyone's different. Even my first Ivf and now I have different medications lol!

I noticed you are little hesistant to mention which doc r u from..

Is there any reason? Cos we all would like to share our experiences with the diff hospitals, doc and their methods..

I noticed you are little hesistant to mention which doc r u from..

Is there any reason? Cos we all would like to share our experiences with the diff hospitals, doc and their methods..

Nope no reasons at all. Just felt to keep it personal lol! Just so u know I am with NUH from the beginning and has been with the same doctor. I'm a private patient as well. But definitely not under Prof Wong or any other female doctors there. :) otherwise you just back track all my replies lah, sure got mention one lol!!

Is anyone in the same predicament as me and still proceed with IVF?

I just went for my pre-ivf blood tests today and would only know the results next week during my appt with the Dr.
But was given my DH's sperm test result and it shows Teratozoospermia & Hypospermia. Does that mean even IVF would not help in my case?

Appreciate any advice :)

Nope no reasons at all. Just felt to keep it personal lol! Just so u know I am with NUH from the beginning and has been with the same doctor. I'm a private patient as well. But definitely not under Prof Wong or any other female doctors there. :) otherwise you just back track all my replies lah, sure got mention one lol!!

No worries... All the best to u for your BT tomorrow!!

Maybe cause of my adeno condition where womb swell quite badly during cycle. think this is the after effect where the pill adds to the swell n press on bladder to pee more.
Wow is it affecting you badly? Hope you are better soon

I just went for my pre-ivf blood tests today and would only know the results next week during my appt with the Dr.
But was given my DH's sperm test result and it shows Teratozoospermia & Hypospermia. Does that mean even IVF would not help in my case?

Hi babe, wanna check with you how much are the total in cost for the pre ivf blood tests?

Hi there,
My hubby has bad morphology too. But as Long as there are a few healthy sperms you should be fine. Just have to do ICSI instead of IVF.

Aiyo no such thing as IVF would not help because IVF is the "last frontier" of fertility treatments.
In fact in the case of poor sperm IVF is the most effective because SOIUI would not work. At the lab the embryologists can use ICSI to fertilize if your hubby has poor sperm. In fact IVF is the last hope for very serious Teratozoospermia & Hypospermia.

Hi any ladies who've gone through IVF but failed to have any matured eggs? Was there any delay in your mensus?

Went to doc's review after my failed 2nd IVF fresh cycle. I failed to have any matured eggs to transfer. When i entered doc's room, the first thing he told me was "Its all mother nature. She decides how many eggs to gvie you. This time no eggs to transfer and also due to yr age..hmmm do you still want to continue?" I was so demotivated by this. It was like the doc gave up hope on me. I went to NUH CHR on the same day to inform the nurses that i will be continuing after 3 cycle. The nurse there was much more encouraging then the doc. She said there were many cases she came across that got pregnant naturally after failed IVF. So she encouraged me to try naturally as well. I felt better after that. Wish the doc was more encouraging, i left my hope in his hands and if he himself is not confident how can he carry our my IVF postively?

AND why is it so hard for us gals to get pregnant?????? Im already 38, if im going to get pregnent at 40 or 45 wah liao where got any engergy to run around little ones when i suppose to be in the ageing category????
But we have forummers who tio through IVF at 40 and I know real life a Singaporean woman who tio second child at IVF at 41 (her 1st child was also IVF)
Please research into Saizen (its injections) this treatment that helps women above 40 with poor egg quality, it will add about S$1k in cash to the IVF cycle, I am sure KK offers it. I know that private clinics do.

I just had gastric and went to the GP who advised me against taking the TCM medication but carry on with the acupuncture if I'm going to have my IVF this July.

Any advice?

Anyone did acupuncture only with Physician Zou Yumin?

I just had gastric and went to the GP who advised me against taking the TCM medication but carry on with the acupuncture if I'm going to have my IVF this July.

Any advice?

Anyone did acupuncture only with Physician Zou Yumin?
I did acu with dr que at tangshan and no issue with herbs n acu. Maybe you can let dr zou knw that u r having gastric and she can change the herbs for you. I feel that the herbs are good for womb.

For this successful cycle, no, I did not have a triple lining.

This successful cycle is an FET, so I was rather pleased when I was given the green light for ET after the 1st scan of lining. It was 9mm.
Thanks dear. Today first scan and lining optimal liao. They told me to continue progynova and start progesterone tabs on monday. Wed transfer. Lucky dr tan backnon wed after leave. Was yrs day 2 embryos or blast? Hope you are doing well in your pregnancy and wish you a safe and smooth delivery.

Thanks dear. Today first scan and lining optimal liao. They told me to continue progynova and start progesterone tabs on monday. Wed transfer. Lucky dr tan backnon wed after leave. Was yrs day 2 embryos or blast? Hope you are doing well in your pregnancy and wish you a safe and smooth delivery.
Mine was a day 4 blastie.

Back