IVF/ICSI Support Group

Don't mention babe....n yes some dr r pretty insensitive n etc when they speak so just take their comments as a ear in n a ear out...dun be distress at all by tt...if government think at late 30s dun hv a chance at conceiveing be thro ivf/Iui , they won't even bother to give the grant for the procedure at all right?

First time ivf n managed to, ptl....don't think I will be able to at 1st cos low ovarian reserve (only hv 3 egg mature ), still hv cysts on 1 side of tube ....

LO is a preemie ( born 2more days to 36ww) n I hv been pretty stress regarding his weight gain n etc...n yup busy bee lately...

Thanks n jia you okay...easy to say then do but press on n hv the faith/trust u will hold ur LO one day...**baby dusts to all**

Congrats on your newborn! My son was an IVF baby in 2012 and he's a premmie too. Born 35+6 days. Have to be in NICU for 2 weeks cos fear of bacterial infection cos my water broke, had strong contractions but I didn't know I was in labour cos I have a very high pain threshold! :/

But fear not cos preemies grow to be beautiful chubby babies! Some chubbier than babies born full term! :)

Thanks for those encouragement babe. Yup lets pray together and hope to hold our LO in our arms soon. i've decided to do some exercise, im way overwieght at 91. Doc told me to lose some weight before trying for the next cycle. Though difficult but have to start trying.
Yup let's jiayou! I've started to take Dhea and going for acupuncture etc..hopefully can help with my egg quality and qty. When are you planning to go for your next cycle or taking a break first?

Hajar try earing beef if your religion permits u..

It helps alot as well.

My last scan was 7mm on a wed n the following week tue it was 8mm..

I ate beef and drank soya milk! Sadly they din do a lining scan before transfer the following week.. guess it shld be ard 8.5mm..

Hello ladies today i am into my day 7 of jabs. 2nd day on purego. I dont feel any side effects at all or any bloatedness. I wonder if the medz are not working on me. Any body care to share yr experiences?

LOL .. me too no symptoms until I was wondering if I am doing the jabs the right way!

Hi. Any1 knows Wats the standard lining measurement? Suppsely 7mm? Any ways to improve?

I didn't eat anything special. My first scan was 5mm and doc upped my progynova tabs to 4 tabs twice a day. It rose up to 8mm 3 days later and do my ET 4 days later. So maybe should be at around 10-11mm by then. Standard lining measurement is 7mm.

Yup let's jiayou! I've started to take Dhea and going for acupuncture etc..hopefully can help with my egg quality and qty. When are you planning to go for your next cycle or taking a break first?

I did ask Dr Chew abt DHEA but he said he's worried that might give me side effects and hence he ask me to take 10pills of COQ10 (300mg) daily plus folic acid to continue. Any recommendation for acupuncture?

Hajar try earing beef if your religion permits u..

It helps alot as well.

My last scan was 7mm on a wed n the following week tue it was 8mm..

I ate beef and drank soya milk! Sadly they din do a lining scan before transfer the following week.. guess it shld be ard 8.5mm..
Beef also helps? Okay shall try this..Thanks!!

I did ask Dr Chew abt DHEA but he said he's worried that might give me side effects and hence he ask me to take 10pills of COQ10 (300mg) daily plus folic acid to continue. Any recommendation for acupuncture?
yeah I read abt the side effects and was worried initially too but ok so far, been taking for abt 1-2mths now..I'm taking Ubiquinol 300mg as well. For acupuncture, I'm seeing Dr Zhao at Raffles TCM.

I didn't eat anything special. My first scan was 5mm and doc upped my progynova tabs to 4 tabs twice a day. It rose up to 8mm 3 days later and do my ET 4 days later. So maybe should be at around 10-11mm by then. Standard lining measurement is 7mm.
Seems like typically et falls on cd 16 to 18? Did they do progesterone test or lining scan b4 transfer gal.

Seems like typically et falls on cd 16 to 18? Did they do progesterone test or lining scan b4 transfer gal.

Before transfer they didn't scan, the last one doc scan was 4 days before transfer. As long as the last transfer you hit 7mm or more, you're good to go! :)

Oh and on transfer day, don't wear any deodorant or perfume, cos embies hate strong smells!

Is this the raspberry tea for lining?
Yea I am taking this brand from Guardian @ $9.70/box of 16 bags. So far I managed to buy at Northpoint Yishun and Ngee Ann City outlets, not all outlets do carry. iherb carries and cheaper, u may check it out :)

Hi any ladies who've gone through IVF but failed to have any matured eggs? Was there any delay in your mensus?

Went to doc's review after my failed 2nd IVF fresh cycle. I failed to have any matured eggs to transfer. When i entered doc's room, the first thing he told me was "Its all mother nature. She decides how many eggs to gvie you. This time no eggs to transfer and also due to yr age..hmmm do you still want to continue?" I was so demotivated by this. It was like the doc gave up hope on me. I went to NUH CHR on the same day to inform the nurses that i will be continuing after 3 cycle. The nurse there was much more encouraging then the doc. She said there were many cases she came across that got pregnant naturally after failed IVF. So she encouraged me to try naturally as well. I felt better after that. Wish the doc was more encouraging, i left my hope in his hands and if he himself is not confident how can he carry our my IVF postively?

AND why is it so hard for us gals to get pregnant?????? Im already 38, if im going to get pregnent at 40 or 45 wah liao where got any engergy to run around little ones when i suppose to be in the ageing category????
Dear Wanbaby, I am not very good in consoling nor encouraging. Just want to be here to give you a very big hug! Maybe you would like to take a short break and go on a vacation with your hubby to breath in some new fresh air before continue the battle with your hubby together hand in hand. Don't give up your dream after listening to the discouraging words from your doctor, at the same time do not stress yourself so much as stress is harmful to our general health and fertility as well. Then... Just keep on fighting! Hugs...

Hi, sisters with kkh, may I know for short protocol, we only go for scanning on day cd14? Today is my cd3 and I have went for the 1st scanning.
The nurse told me to come back on 3rd June only. If everything is fine, then we will proceed for trigger shot is it? Cos I'm working and I need to inform my boss when I will be on hospitalisation leave in advance.. appreciate your advise. thanks in advance!

Hi, sisters with kkh, may I know for short protocol, we only go for scanning on day cd14? Today is my cd3 and I have went for the 1st scanning.
The nurse told me to come back on 3rd June only. If everything is fine, then we will proceed for trigger shot is it? Cos I'm working and I need to inform my boss when I will be on hospitalisation leave in advance.. appreciate your advise. thanks in advance!
It all depends on ur follicle size and lining..For me i went scan twice.day.7 & day.11.Once dey tink u r good to go,trigger will start next day And soon Er den Et.
Thruout scan no HL given.Et given HL till blood test.

My D11 scan today & dr scheduled my OR on 25/5 noon. So far I have only 1 fol on right & 5 on left. Dr told me my left eggs all r good size for retrieval but the right egg is not in good size (14) & may not carry an egg :( Lining is at 12mm now. Just had my last Menopur, and later at 0.00 will need to jab my trigger jab.

Pray hard for my cycle now. Just passed my 40th birthday yesterday. Hopefully I can get my best birthday present for this week.

My D11 scan today & dr scheduled my OR on 25/5 noon. So far I have only 1 fol on right & 5 on left. Dr told me my left eggs all r good size for retrieval but the right egg is not in good size (14) & may not carry an egg :( Lining is at 12mm now. Just had my last Menopur, and later at 0.00 will need to jab my trigger jab.

Pray hard for my cycle now. Just passed my 40th birthday yesterday. Hopefully I can get my best birthday present for this week.
All d best! May god hears ur prayer.. i only had 4 retrieved.And U only need 1 to change ur life around.Your lining bam gd! I wish that was mine..Take care...

Saw some posts on sperm storage. Just like to share some cost info: KKH charges $200 plus for sperm "preparation" which is the process of freezing. Another $200 plus for sperm storage for 1 year.

So if frequent travel or cannot produce fresh sperms for whatsoever reasons, can consider this option but at ~$500. This is non-subsidized cause I'm a private patient at KKH.

Whether it works as well, I'll let you know after July... >.<

Hey don't worry! My first Ivf I only have 2 embies transferred, none to frost and I had a BFP! Think happy thoughts!! :)

All the best HLing for yr ER this Wed.

Did my 1st jab today. Wann ask if we mz stick to the injection timing. I was told to inject btween 7 to 8am. Cannot earlier cannot later. Cz I.go.out way b4 tht..if bobian thn I might haf to tk the injections out to off..

Did my 1st jab today. Wann ask if we mz stick to the injection timing. I was told to inject btween 7 to 8am. Cannot earlier cannot later. Cz I.go.out way b4 tht..if bobian thn I might haf to tk the injections out to off..

Yes pls follow the timing. I always bring my trigger shot out for both times I have to do it. And both times I do it in my car lol!

Before transfer they didn't scan, the last one doc scan was 4 days before transfer. As long as the last transfer you hit 7mm or more, you're good to go! :)

Oh and on transfer day, don't wear any deodorant or perfume, cos embies hate strong smells!

so late already.... was wearing deodrant but not perfume!

Hey hajar, thanks for ur sharing!

Hey Hling, thanks! Hope everything turns out well for U! Belated happy bday to U! May U get the most wonderful gift this yr! Jia you!

Yes pls follow the timing. I always bring my trigger shot out for both times I have to do it. And both times I do it in my car lol!

Hmm. Thn it seems I haf to do it whn I reach office alrdy

Btw I asume each individual dosage of puregon shd b the same? The nurse told mi by the end 12th day which is e ultrasound test again. I will haf 300units left nd to brin bk to.hosp. Did the nurse tell u all e same ting?

Btw I asume each individual dosage of puregon shd b the same? The nurse told mi by the end 12th day which is e ultrasound test again. I will haf 300units left nd to brin bk to.hosp. Did the nurse tell u all e same ting?

She said I will haf 100unit left so nd brin bk. I reached hm thn I realised hw m I goin to brin it..if I gt 2 of such tubes nd brin bk..

Pardon my many qns cz its my 1st cycle..

Attachments

• 1464017834509.jpg
    1464017834509.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 103
Hey hajar, thanks for ur sharing!

Hey Hling, thanks! Hope everything turns out well for U! Belated happy bday to U! May U get the most wonderful gift this yr! Jia you!
No problem!!! Sharing ia caring bcoz all of us here wish and pray for the same miracle...:)

Yes if there is balance I have to bring back last time. The second cycle no balance cos use all.

So u left an entire new box or leftover fr the 2 other boxes?

I only have 1 box of Puregon and first Ivf I left a few units. The second one I have one box and used all. Can't remember how much was left the first one but I know the nurse will check and if I'm not wrong will not charge the balance.

yeah I read abt the side effects and was worried initially too but ok so far, been taking for abt 1-2mths now..I'm taking Ubiquinol 300mg as well. For acupuncture, I'm seeing Dr Zhao at Raffles TCM.

300mg of UBIQUINOL, 10 pills? I find it such a hassle to eat 10 pills everyday. So i break it up 5 morning and 5 evening after meals. How's Dr Zhao at Raffles, and his charges like? I might wana try TCM as well.

Dear Wanbaby, I am not very good in consoling nor encouraging. Just want to be here to give you a very big hug! Maybe you would like to take a short break and go on a vacation with your hubby to breath in some new fresh air before continue the battle with your hubby together hand in hand. Don't give up your dream after listening to the discouraging words from your doctor, at the same time do not stress yourself so much as stress is harmful to our general health and fertility as well. Then... Just keep on fighting! Hugs...

Thanks Dear, you are very encouraging. Ya i thinking of going for a short break to Bintan Nirwana Resort my fav place for a hangout.

Maybe you like to ask for Dr Anu. I bfp under her with twins. Baby dusts to you.

Thanks Babe, i was initially under her before i switched to Dr Chew. I guess its not the Doctor but our bodies reaction to meds hence i will be patient and carry on with Dr Chew. Perhaps in my next appt with him will ask if he cld do some changes to the med for my 3RD ivf cycle.

300mg of UBIQUINOL, 10 pills? I find it such a hassle to eat 10 pills everyday. So i break it up 5 morning and 5 evening after meals. How's Dr Zhao at Raffles, and his charges like? I might wana try TCM as well.
1 pill of 300mg Ubiquinol, I got it from iHerb. I like her accu so far, very relaxing and always fell asleep. I used to have very bad cramps before and during AF but really improved a lot now. They have fertility or IVF packages which is $400+ for 5 accu sessions. Meds excluded.

1 pill of 300mg Ubiquinol, I got it from iHerb. I like her accu so far, very relaxing and always fell asleep. I used to have very bad cramps before and during AF but really improved a lot now. They have fertility or IVF packages which is $400+ for 5 accu sessions. Meds excluded.

Thanks dear. Was really useful. I try to book for accu too.

Sisters does progynova make u feel bloated. Feel more urge to pee and like can't control. Even night also must wake up.

Back