IVF at KKH

Can I check .. For these briefing / counseling session prior to ivf, is it mandatory for hub to attend too? My hub won't be around for quite a few months. Also, the consent forms, can it be pdf to my hub for him to sign and then he scans a copy back?

Hi twoonethree,

Thanks for sharing, yes I decided to continue at NUH due to my medical records being there too. Also because I had frozen embryos left over from first cycle.
Anyway nothing is holding me back now so I look forward to appt at KKH next week n see what Dr tan says.
And yea it sure feels horrible to hear pregnancy announcements all around me.. I guess what made me even more resentful is that I took sabbatical leave for last month's ivf n yet it didn't work.
Good luck for your ivf and update if u can..
Hi @Ganbit will there be a charge for frozen embryos? Dont feel resentful. A good boss will understand that the outcome is not within your control. U tried ur best. I had that same prob too. Cuz i am teaching in a pri sch and had taken 4 days MC on a wkdays my iui on a Tue. I feel bad for the loss curriculum n teachers who had to cover my duty. I dont feel peace but i had to give myself a rest. U know that dilemma. So i decided to take the whole semester 2 a break with no pay leave. Totally off from work. hopefully my family prove me correct that stress plays apart. Cuz i dont think im stress but working through the term esp end of term in like a mad rush with all the assessments n keying in results analysing bla bla bla. Im used to it but people do observe. Hahaha so i had to learn to let go n give the no pay leave a try.

yup storage charge for frozen embryos. I still have 1 more embryo at Nuh, but don't feel confident of the quality, though the embroyologist always tell me they're very good embryos.
Actually the hospitals will give at least 14 days HL from the date of egg retrieval, but I never utilise it, cos no one at work knows I'm going through this, not even boss. I just took a few days leave.
So yes, it will be good to give no pay leave a shot. And you don't have to feel bad. I was like you feeling the guilt and all but realized no one will be thankful for your hard wrk. Haha... Focus on yourself and keep thinking baby comes before work.
Try to keep yourself occupied as much as possible when on leave. Do things that u enjoy to take your mind off this. Otherwise u'll have a tendency to overthink. And I don't think total bed rest is necessary after embryo transfer. Just have to chill n relax.
I really hope you strike at first try and good luck again! :)

yup storage charge for frozen embryos. I still have 1 more embryo at Nuh, but don't feel confident of the quality, though the embroyologist always tell me they're very good embryos.
Actually the hospitals will give at least 14 days HL from the date of egg retrieval, but I never utilise it, cos no one at work knows I'm going through this, not even boss. I just took a few days leave.
So yes, it will be good to give no pay leave a shot. And you don't have to feel bad. I was like you feeling the guilt and all but realized no one will be thankful for your hard wrk. Haha... Focus on yourself and keep thinking baby comes before work.
Try to keep yourself occupied as much as possible when on leave. Do things that u enjoy to take your mind off this. Otherwise u'll have a tendency to overthink. And I don't think total bed rest is necessary after embryo transfer. Just have to chill n relax.
I really hope you strike at first try and good luck again! :)

Thank you @Ganbit I've got 101 thgs in mind that i would like to do. I will be having tuitions too. Ive got lots n lots tv series and dramas to catch. Hopefully i can conceive within my leave period.

So have u decided whats ur nx plan?

Hi All,

I'm new here, after trying for 3yrs of TCC , finally me and my hub decided to go for IVF treatment. i just make a booking with KKH to see Gynea next friday.
can i check with u all, from the 1st appointment to start of IVF treatment . how long would it take?

Hi All,

I'm new here, after trying for 3yrs of TCC , finally me and my hub decided to go for IVF treatment. i just make a booking with KKH to see Gynea next friday.
can i check with u all, from the 1st appointment to start of IVF treatment . how long would it take?
Hi! You will need to go for the compulsory counselling session, as well as some test before starting on the IVF treatment. For me, it was quite fast. Within 2 months, i was able to start on the treatment. However, i opted to go later when i am ready. :)
Think best to check with ur gynae on Friday. Which gynae are u seeing at KKH?

Hi! You will need to go for the compulsory counselling session, as well as some test before starting on the IVF treatment. For me, it was quite fast. Within 2 months, i was able to start on the treatment. However, i opted to go later when i am ready. :)
Think best to check with ur gynae on Friday. Which gynae are u seeing at KKH?
Hi kris0ng,

Was schedule to see DR. khong next friday, how abt you?

Hi all,
Would like to share my experience here. I went through 3 rounds of ivf ( 1 fresh, 2 frozen) at NUH under prof Wong ( who is experienced understanding n kind). Achieved BFP for first 2 cycles but unfortunately miscarried by week 8.
The last cycle I just did resulted in BFN.
Very disappointed and frustrated as I've been trying since 2014! And I"ll be 37 soon. My hub and mum feels that I should change ivf clinic to kkh as they seem to achieve higher success rates.
So I've booked appt with dr tan HH on 12 May. It seems like waiting time to start ivf at kkh is 3 months? That means I can only start earliest aug :( because at NUH there is no waiting list and I could start almost immediately. I guess that speaks for itself in terms of volume of patients.
So what do you guys think? Should I stick to NUH with shorter waiting time n familiarity/comfort or plunge myself into a different hospital ( prob have to go through tests all over again plus briefing blah blah) in hope that I achieve better results n break through this unlucky streak?
Whatever it is, i will keep trying until I have a baby in my arms.. Hopefully soon. Haiz...

Babe, you should check out other doctors. Especially after 3 tries at the same hospital. A change of environment may be good. And a change of "hands" too? Probably good for your self esteem and confidence too. Oh I have nothing against NUH. Ive spoken to a few doctors at KKH which couldn't help me and couldn't explain stuff and I couldn't accept that. Sighs. Now I finally found courage to do IVF and so I signed up as a private patient under Dr Tan HH. Just for a change of doctor. Lets see what happens. Wish me luck!

Hi All,

glad to meet you here, i'm on the same boat 3 year TTC and appointment next tuesday at KKH ! :)

Hi ekum,
No
Hi Grace,

Glad tat found some1 here..do you have any child? Which hyena are you meeting next wk?
No child yet. Meeting dr tan heng hao. I did 2x SO IUI with dr Loh at TMC last year and failed so he referred me to do IVF at KKh. Unexplained fertility so will see what dr Tan advises :) keep updated ya!

Hi ekum,
No

No child yet. Meeting dr tan heng hao. I did 2x SO IUI with dr Loh at TMC last year and failed so he referred me to do IVF at KKh. Unexplained fertility so will see what dr Tan advises :) keep updated ya!
Sorry for being insensitive..hope u don't mind.. Me too seeing Dc Loh , but didn't start any treatment with him as we wish to gv ourself another yr to try on. But seem no luck yet..so decide to go for Ivf with kkh.

Sorry for being insensitive..hope u don't mind.. Me too seeing Dc Loh , but didn't start any treatment with him as we wish to gv ourself another yr to try on. But seem no luck yet..so decide to go for Ivf with kkh.
Oops i think i typed too fast become double no haha. Dont worry not sensitive :) all the best with next friday!

Hi grace,

You are seeing which doc next wk? All the best to you..pls keep us posted here and encourage each other..

I'm using crinone for past 3 wks. Initially was white or pink discharge. Today is red/brown discharge. Does it mean my period coming? It's jus 3 days to beta...

Hi, I am new here.. 2yrs ago I quited my job and go for investigation at kkh under subsides, end up doctor advised me to go for ivf. But my husband refused to go even though I had have arranged the counseling course. Later on doctor suspected I got cervix cancer while Pap smear test, I did laser biopsy and luckily not the cancer. But I really hope to become mummy... I am thinking to go back kkh to do ivf. Anyone can share with me, if now I go back to kkh, do I need to take refer letter from poly again? As I want under subsidies, wondering if go private clinic kkh will be very costly. My husband is very busy on work.. Wondering if he need to go kkh with me every consulting or I can go alone?

D initial consultation u think your DH wld need 2 go They need 2 know dat both of u r on board together D process is quite tedious n it's gd 2 have a supporting spouse

Subsequent visits your DH can b excused But there will b 1 or 2 where his presence wld b required

But do bear in mind dat having a BB is a commitment by both.... U sure u wanna do this even if your DH may not b supportive?

Hi all, kkh called. I m in Aug cycle. 2nd time. Will do fresh cycle with higher dosage this time. All the best to all of us.

Hi Ganbit, for your previous MC, did you ask NUH to investigate the reason for MC? I assumed they did your D/C? If so they can take the tissues to investigate what happened. Like my cousin who also miscarried at KKH after IVF, the doc did an investigation after D/C. Turns out the it was a chromosome defect.

Actually a 3 months break may be good for resting and rebuilding. no point to keep going for cycles in between short periods if body is not ready. I have personally went through 4 cycles. no BFP except cycle 4 but pregnancy location unknown, in the end have to terminate.

Now i am also taking a 3 months break before going back to try my 5th cycle. I am taking supplements and trying to rebuild back my body! Trust your instincts to go for the clinic. Also, medical records can be transferred and I know interhospitals can do it easier (private excluded Mount E, Glen) Dont worry about medical history. As long as you re-update everything to your new doc, it is fine. I have switched hospital and labs as well. Good luck!
Even if its unexplained, you should go for ultralipid therapy if you have miscarried twice.
http://www.redbookmag.com/body/preg...scarriage-breakthrough-weve-been-waiting-for/

Hi Grace ,

wish u all the best and smooth appointment tomolo with Dr.Tan ya.. keep us update here.

hi dear, went to see dr Tan, waited for about 1 hour+, he didn't talk much as i had the letter from Dr Loh, he basically checked my eggs reserve thru ultrasound and said "very very good". was sent to do blood test and now need to wait to see him again regarding blood test result on the 15th of June (SO LONG)..

is this common to wait so long for the results or can i call in to make earlier appointments? any comments from experienced ladies here? :) thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm just here to share my journey with everyone.
I started my ivf journey many years back, like almost 10 years ago.

My doctor that time was Dr SF Loh, who was still at KKH. I actually went through a total of 5 cycles, which included 2 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. Throughout the 2 yrs, I went through a laparoscopy which detected my blocked tubes and I even had OHSS from one of my cycles which resulted me having a kidney infection. I even quit my teaching job as I thought it was too stressful for me to conceive.

Despite all these hurdles, I finally managed to conceived after my 5th try and now I have a wonderful boy and a girl.

For those who are undergoing the treatment now, I can understand the stress and anxiety that you are experiencing now. Just like to let you know, don't give up and stay positive. And I wish that all of you baby luck soon

Back