IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, anyone went for fertility treatment/ivf in JB? Any tips
to share? I tot of gg to TMC JB outlet...my friend tried 3x ivf in KK but failed,
suceed for the 4th trial and gave birth to a boy in 2014. She said she is the oldest 42yrs old
In the hospital.

http://www.nipperstudy.com/About-Nipper

They are recruiting women who intend to get preg within the next 6 months for a study (and intending to deliver in NUH) to find out if the nutritional drinks (Supplements) are beneficial. see details in the link
Think u need to go back quite frequent for doc appt to monitor.. Is it they send u a letter on this? I received something similar but not sure is it the same study

Heard PGD is going to be available in SGH for fresh cycles soon. Anyone know of this and can advise what is the cost for PGD in SGH? Any other docs starting to do PGD in SG?

Heard PGD is going to be available in SGH for fresh cycles soon. Anyone know of this and can advise what is the cost for PGD in SGH? Any other docs starting to do PGD in SG?
Are you sure? Where did u read this? This has been debated for a while and i think moh's stand has always been no on the basis of not much concrete evidence that it is useful...

Are you sure? Where did u read this? This has been debated for a while and i think moh's stand has always been no on the basis of not much concrete evidence that it is useful...
I don't think it's available for everyone. This is an old article by SGH in 2011: http://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/News-Articles-Reports/Pages/Genderspenders.aspx

An extract:
"Singapore does not allow the use of PGD to choose a baby’s gender. It is allowed for the screening of genetic diseases only when a doctor determines that there are medical reasons to do so, said a Health Ministry (MOH) spokesman.
For example, PGD can be done for patients who are at high risk of diseases such as Alpha thalassemia, haemophilia A, Fragile X syndrome, spinal muscular atrophy, myotonic dystrophy and Huntington’s Disease, according to Dr Yu Su Ling, director of the Centre for Assisted Reproduction at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) ."

My friend just got to know from her SGH appt today and told me...trying to know more abt it here too

Yeah, Muff is super x10000 brave man.... I did one cycle but ended up with ectopic i freak out liao... Going for doc review in 2 weeks time... thinking of doing in Nov but well will have to see if i am mentally ready by then....

Those who are going through the injection phase, Gonal F, menopur do you all experience extreme tiredness, sleepyness, and backache? I seem to have all these symptoms and i cant wait to hit the bed at 8pm. At work i cant seem to keep my eyes open. Also since i cant drink my favourite teh tarik , i drink ensure milk which also makes me sleepy...how do u guys cope with all these?

Those who are going through the injection phase, Gonal F, menopur do you all experience extreme tiredness, sleepyness, and backache? I seem to have all these symptoms and i cant wait to hit the bed at 8pm. At work i cant seem to keep my eyes open. Also since i cant drink my favourite teh tarik , i drink ensure milk which also makes me sleepy...how do u guys cope with all these?

hmm i feel quite ok actually. perhaps your body is more sensitive to the drugs. How many days has it been? you should be better after the 4th day of jab as the body is trying to adjust to it

Arhhhh... Last min my hubby needs to fly in June and my boss going on long leave in June too. Just postpone my June cycle to Aug/Sept.
@muff we might be cycling buddies. Hee...
Jia you to those already start your cycle and those waiting to start your cycle.

She is yr doc now? She did lap for u?
Nope but from @spinsterella success story am v convinced shes good. They do alot of blood tests in raffles and monitor progression thru blood tests and others which kkh does not. So you may want to consider her.

My first lap by Dr sf loh in kkh 2010. 2014 Feb I did lap with dr tan HH in kkh and dec 2014 did lap with dr thong Pao wen in raffles. Dr tan was not able to remove the cysts competely so I had to go to Dr Thong.

I successfully conceived in the 2 ivfs after dr tan n dr thong lap but only to miscarry later. My fet also failed last oct. Got 16 eggs at both cycle but first time only 2 grade 4 second time 6 grade 4. Think pergoveris with menopur worked for me for more eggs n better quality. I had intralipid done on both cycles.

Now got 2 frosties waiting for me. I was planning to fet in dec but fell sick. Jan no menses. Then Feb menses came but was sick again and took a month to recover from flu n cough. Mar and April no menses. Am so sian and loss in this ttc journey. I motivate myself but on the other hand age is catching up. At 38 still struggling. Feel like inducing menses but on the other hand praying for natural miracle. I don't knw what I am doing. Will do fet n if needed one last fresh with dr thong Pao wen. She's also good.

I knw yr journey is no better. 5 fresh. Tough. But I believe yr perseverence will pay off soon. Jia you.

Nope but from @spinsterella success story am v convinced shes good. They do alot of blood tests in raffles and monitor progression thru blood tests and others which kkh does not. So you may want to consider her.

My first lap by Dr sf loh in kkh 2010. 2014 Feb I did lap with dr tan HH in kkh and dec 2014 did lap with dr thong Pao wen in raffles. Dr tan was not able to remove the cysts competely so I had to go to Dr Thong.

I successfully conceived in the 2 ivfs after dr tan n dr thong lap but only to miscarry later. My fet also failed last oct. Got 16 eggs at both cycle but first time only 2 grade 4 second time 6 grade 4. Think pergoveris with menopur worked for me for more eggs n better quality. I had intralipid done on both cycles.

Now got 2 frosties waiting for me. I was planning to fet in dec but fell sick. Jan no menses. Then Feb menses came but was sick again and took a month to recover from flu n cough. Mar and April no menses. Am so sian and loss in this ttc journey. I motivate myself but on the other hand age is catching up. At 38 still struggling. Feel like inducing menses but on the other hand praying for natural miracle. I don't knw what I am doing. Will do fet n if needed one last fresh with dr thong Pao wen. She's also good.

I knw yr journey is no better. 5 fresh. Tough. But I believe yr perseverence will pay off soon. Jia you.
You have gone through so much Mesara. Also a brave fighter. All the best for yr next cycle! I'm 38 too.. Also no achievement so I can totally feel u. Let's hope this year is the year for us!

Only God knows how much it took you to do so much in TTC. You are brave woman. Jiayou!

Anyone effectively managed to lose weight. How to shed all the weight gain by the meds side effects. I have a good 25kg to shed. At 85kg I really feel like an elephant. Any natural food helped u gals. Was planning to shed after pregnancy but seems like might explode if weight gain continues :p

Hi. I'm on my 8th day aft ET. On crinone now. But my breast tenderness is gone. Does it means it's unsuccessful?
I'm oso on Flagystatin for 3 days due to infection. But I'm unsure if it is safe for pregnancy as I googled n all says its not safe for early pregnancy. Can anyone advise?

@mesara... your preserverence and effort will also pay off de! Jiayou jiayou!:)

Really? Where u heard this news?
They call it pgs though. A gf of mine who saw prof wong was asked to do the trial. I do believe that there may be criterion for being selected to do the trial. Are you with nuh? If yes, I think you can enquire with them for the details. I don't have the full details but I do know that yes they are beginning the trials.

Back