Baby having flu,cough & fever... :(

Relaxurmind

Now my LO is 6mos n hd his flu for e 3rd times... :(
Im nt sure for 6mos bby cn i try home remedies to cure his flu & cough...care to share..

Hi getting cough , fever is cold fr babies .. My pedia used t say that these are developmental colds n Not t worry much

Always Ensure that fever temp does not goes up . U hav t monitor d temp alone ..

Indeed - coughs, colds, and fever is part and parcel of growing up. It seems terrible and such a torture to parents and child, but they all have to go through it. It makes them stronger later in life.
For stuffy nose, can try things like Sterimar, which is a kind of natural salt water solution. Helps to clear the nose. Other nose prescriptive drops should be used as per doctor's advice.
For coughs, many are caused by back-drip of nasal fluids.. For this, taking the flu medicine (anti-histamine) will reduce the night coughs.

As for home remedies, you need to specify which one. And be doubly careful - i.e. plain onion soup is probably quite harmless for babies above 6 months, but onion under the feet could give terrible blisters if the child is allergic to it.

Hi getting cough , fever is cold fr babies .. My pedia used t say that these are developmental colds n Not t worry much

Always Ensure that fever temp does not goes up . U hav t monitor d temp alone ..
Ya babe, hv to check e temp every now n den.. to ensure dat temp is nt above 38.5...

Indeed - coughs, colds, and fever is part and parcel of growing up. It seems terrible and such a torture to parents and child, but they all have to go through it. It makes them stronger later in life.
For stuffy nose, can try things like Sterimar, which is a kind of natural salt water solution. Helps to clear the nose. Other nose prescriptive drops should be used as per doctor's advice.
For coughs, many are caused by back-drip of nasal fluids.. For this, taking the flu medicine (anti-histamine) will reduce the night coughs.

As for home remedies, you need to specify which one. And be doubly careful - i.e. plain onion soup is probably quite harmless for babies above 6 months, but onion under the feet could give terrible blisters if the child is allergic to it.
Thanks for e advice... its betta to consult doc n med prescribe fm doc... i thnk remedies for bby is nt possible...

Wen our LO r sick... omg im jus so sad looking at their pale face n they r so weak... cnt do much to help..

Ya that ll b Gud .. Ensure it does not exceed d temp limit ..
Thanks babe... :)

Its been 6 days ive nt been sleeping well.. awake all nite to really ensured dat my LO is ok. Tdy, his bck to normal, bt flu n cough still haunting him..:(

Thanks babe... :)

Its been 6 days ive nt been sleeping well.. awake all nite to really ensured dat my LO is ok. Tdy, his bck to normal, bt flu n cough still haunting him..:(
That happen always ..Everyday babies ll always scare us with all new new problems .. My pedia say never can give medicines fr all For babies unless they r really in need .. And never can go Hospitals / clinics all day ..

Jus monitor ur baby .. As Long as he is active n playful , no need t worry much ..

That happen always ..Everyday babies ll always scare us with all new new problems .. My pedia say never can give medicines fr all For babies unless they r really in need .. And never can go Hospitals / clinics all day ..

Jus monitor ur baby .. As Long as he is active n playful , no need t worry much ..
True....

Im a lil worried cos dis time round my LO is unactive n so weak.. he appetite drops too. Bt afta 6 days of all e weakness..hes bck to normal now...

If have cold , take little amount of baby Vicks ( can get in Watson ) , rub on ur palms n apply the warmth t baby chest and sides.. Use very very little amount n don't ever massage or don't use more t baby ..Later give them warm shower by patting their shoulders gently .

But do all these gently .. This can feel them better ..

Back