2016/07 July babies

I m seeing my doc tomorrow . Think will ask him any chance of natural...although in the beginning he mentioned c section coz of my blood pressure.
My first was delivered through emergency c.
What did the gynae say today about that, gan?

Whichever way is the safest and stressless for both mummy and the bb shall be the best way. I believe most of us are less than 10weeks to go. I'm getting really excited (at the same time anxious).

I have received the bra and the quality not bad leh.. Quite soft and comfortable. I think with the price paid, it's worth it.

And yes we are abt 10 weeks to our bb!! Super excited though it's my no. 3! Although sometimes I will dread the sleepless nite and the confinement and the super sweaty body and in the meanwhile can't shower as and when I like.. Argh!!
I'm having signs of heavily pregnant coz i will feel heartburn, more severe backache. Now when I reach home after work, I juz want to laze on my bed. Sometimes really wish that I can give birth immediately yet scare of my bb is born prematurely and having low bb weight.. Haiz so many dilemma..
So mummies here, if given a choice will u want to give birth now or r u all still enjoying the pregnancy?

Hahah that's a fun question verluv.

For me I think I wanna stay pregnant for now because I haven't done much nesting for her. If now pop or days later I sure garung gabok. Heh. Weekend I'm doing some shopping for her and I should be about done since I do have a lot of pass downs. Next week will do all the clothes washing.

I'm not so big still therefore discomfort is quite minimal. A new symptom I have since days ago is pressure on my pelvic bone so I try to sit more than to walk too much. Just mild.

I have received the bra and the quality not bad leh.. Quite soft and comfortable. I think with the price paid, it's worth it.

And yes we are abt 10 weeks to our bb!! Super excited though it's my no. 3! Although sometimes I will dread the sleepless nite and the confinement and the super sweaty body and in the meanwhile can't shower as and when I like.. Argh!!
I'm having signs of heavily pregnant coz i will feel heartburn, more severe backache. Now when I reach home after work, I juz want to laze on my bed. Sometimes really wish that I can give birth immediately yet scare of my bb is born prematurely and having low bb weight.. Haiz so many dilemma..
So mummies here, if given a choice will u want to give birth now or r u all still enjoying the pregnancy?
Not so enjoying the pregnancy now as I feel so heavy and clumsy. Find that when I sit down, I tend to use one arm to push my body as upright as possible so there's more space inside, else feel very cramped and chuan. Oh, and this baby hardly sleeps! She's kicking when I sleep, when I am at work, and also when I wake in the morning.
I need to locate my float before I'm ready to pop. Was going around with the float for around 2 weeks after giving birth the previous times as the stitches really hurt if I sit without the float :(

Last edited:
Tuna: were u not given painkiller? I rem taking painkiller for almost a week..
Oh talking abt washing those pass down clothes, I also haven started yet.. Think for that still have lotsa time la..
I also feel clumsy now and will bump into people more frequently..
So r u all getting seats in mrt? So far so good for me.. Those people in train will give up their seat to me.. Maybe I look big.. Ha ha but my bb measuring small on ultrasound..
Actually I sort of lose count of how many weeks I am now.. Juz looking forward to my gynae appt in 2 weeks time..
For this bb, think she is more gentle.. She dun kick as much as my previous 2.. Or is it I have too much fats liao till I can't feel much of her kicks?? Ha ha

Are U given medication for high blood? I was given med to control.
Bunny no...in fact I was on hbp med before preg and once I confirmed pregnancy, I went to see my gp and asked if I can stop as my pressure was back to normal range and he gave the ok.

At dr Loh , pressure is around 130 plus and the lower value high is around 90 at times but dr lob didn't say need to take hbp med. but the last visit on wed, he'd mentioned about watching out for protein in urine. So far pee on the strip is ok.

I didn't really enjoy my pregnancy too, just like other mummies feeling clumsy and fatigue. However, don't wish baby to pop yet because I'm not prepared >< Coming appointment will be next Wednesday (week 30), guess I only left with another 8 weeks or so to prepare myself. HAHA

My Edd is adjusted to 1Jul @ 39weeks. I feel I'm running out of time. Haa better get more things done soon.

Redvel: u still have a lot of time.. I'm mostly due in mid of June...
I'm starting my maternity leave on 29th may!! Wooooohooooo

Redvel: u still have a lot of time.. I'm mostly due in mid of June...
I'm starting my maternity leave on 29th may!! Wooooohooooo
So early! Wow! Doc advised u to rest at home is it? Then it will end around early Sep? Or u going on hospitalisation leave first?
I don't remember taking painkillers, though I vaguely recall being discharged with some. No wonder so pain.

@redvel - doc inducing you by 1 Jul, or he adjusted your EDD and you will be around 40 wks by 1 Jul?

I'm also not prepared,yet so many things to be done in the house. N my shopping list not all fulfilled yet... Haven't wash bb's clothes , no helper and hubby hurt his back so Gota do it slow n steady on my own but so excited about 9 more weeks.... So surreal

Looks like we are all same same not so very prepared. But my sis said no matter how much you think you're covered, there sure to be a few things left out. That's when your hubby or friends or inlaws can help along/buy.

Oh I didn't know what to ask when my doc told me about my 39weeks. But he said if my sugar level is controlled, likely 39weeks. If my sugar not controlled (aka baby is big), then perhaps 37weeks (I guess that means inducing?). Btw my blood sugar dipped all time low at 3.7 today. I've been watching my diet past week as in hardly any white rice. He said it's too low; I shouldn't eliminate carbo. So I'll have to eat more balance hereon.

Can I ask when determine the start of maternity leave? I'm actually on home rest and work from home. So the day that I pop will be the day I inform my employer the start of the maternity is it?

When telling people another 2months to go sounds like still a distance to go. But when saying 8 more weeks to go seems like it's just more days to go. OMG!~

Still.so.much.to.learn!!! Thanks to you mummies I am as ready as can be for now, cot is here, filled to the brim with clothes, breast pump, diapers, toys, bedding, towels, bottles...only stuff missing is diaper covers, baby bath liquids, and disposable diapers as advised, those will have to be trial and error'd with when she's here!!! Nesting is in full swing - I'm usually not a hoarding type, but lately keep feeling like buying more and more stuff in case I can't move le huhuhu

Reading about childbirth and the various options shared here makes me wonder how prepared or unprepared I am for it. Guess it'll be another adventure for me!

Next Wednesday is the next detailed scan (29 weeks), seems a tad early isn't it? But the docs and nurses kept reminding me this is an important scan and not to miss it, in fact it was booked for me since February O.O

How's everyone so far? Not long more to gooooo!!

Looks like we are all same same not so very prepared. But my sis said no matter how much you think you're covered, there sure to be a few things left out. That's when your hubby or friends or inlaws can help along/buy.

Oh I didn't know what to ask when my doc told me about my 39weeks. But he said if my sugar level is controlled, likely 39weeks. If my sugar not controlled (aka baby is big), then perhaps 37weeks (I guess that means inducing?). Btw my blood sugar dipped all time low at 3.7 today. I've been watching my diet past week as in hardly any white rice. He said it's too low; I shouldn't eliminate carbo. So I'll have to eat more balance hereon.

Can I ask when determine the start of maternity leave? I'm actually on home rest and work from home. So the day that I pop will be the day I inform my employer the start of the maternity is it?
Maternity leave usually starts on the day u pop, however some choose to start maternity leave earlier for various reasons. Ur home rest means ur own vacation leave or medical leave? If yes, then can just inform ur employer on the day u pop and ur 16 wks of maternity leave will start from that day.

I think I will ask my gynea if I can play my music. Cos when I did MRIs last time, they played my music, 1h passed fast. If gynea is ok... I will invest in a good headphone to muff out external sound. My hubby can chat with the gynea instead.

If halfway I panic, can't change mind about the GA anymore right?

Good to tell your hubby not to chat with the gynac, this way the gynac can focus on his job. He should just hold your hand, encourage and kiss your head.

Half way you panic also i dun think you can change your mind, afterall, your lower half of body is already quite immobilise.

BOSE, have very good noise cancelling headset. Less then $500 can get you a good set, but do check with your gynac first.

Is it if take painkillers the stitches won't be pain at all, can pee and poo as normal no pain??
I'm already 32wks but so scare of labour !

For me, they didn't want to give me too many pain killers and said can only take a certain no. each day.

And will only give panadol when discharge I think. Mild ones... :(

Is it if take painkillers the stitches won't be pain at all, can pee and poo as normal no pain??
I'm already 32wks but so scare of labour !

Hello, Pain killer is not magic pill ya. Still will pain de. but it is suppose to make it much more bearable.

Jia you.

Hi redvel, I engaged a Malay massage lady used by my friend. So far I read her review quite good and have booked her 7 session package.
Thanks for sharing. I also got some masseur recommendation but haven't got to booking. Should do soon hor.

Today is day1 of washing. Hubby saw and commented "omg so many". Heh. Mostly onesies and tops which are passdowns. Have another couple rounds of bottoms and mittens and blankets to be washed next week.

Oh and they smell heavenly babyish after the wash!
ImageUploadedByForum1462691698.554194.jpg

Oh I'm starting on hospitalization leave first and then on the day I pop I will start my ml. Let me see what I haven do... Actually come to think abt it, I'm almost ready.. Jus washing of the bb clothings. I have gotten all breast pump, diaper, liquid soap, powder, ru yi oil, bottom balm, baby cot..
Oh ya, I haven booked the Malay masseur.. May I know roughly how much u all pay for each session? I tot $70-80 per session v exp and only prepared to pay ard $50 per session.. However the last 2 masseur that I had not really very fantastic. Dun have that very comfortable feeling after the massage. Rem when they put that dunno what herb on me and the herb crumb keep falling off.. Make me feel more dirty esp we can't bathe very frequently... Think my job is to search for a good one for this time round.. Since after this, I'm closing shop!!
As for pain killer, I think more or less it really helps.. I'm one that is very high tolerant in pain de, but I still take pain killer for the 2nd one.. Dunno why?? Coz my 2nd one is juz tear naturally and nvr cut. Furthermore my gynae still say it's juz a small tear but it seems like more painful than the 1st one..
For the third trimester scan, I also nvr heard before.. For my last 2, gynae din recommend... And for this he also no mention.
Anyway I'm jus sooo looking forward to the whole birth process.. It's juz an amazing process and after which u will see the little bb in your arms!! Wow....
By the way, why need to start to count the bb movement? Care to share more?

Thanks for sharing. I also got some masseur recommendation but haven't got to booking. Should do soon hor.

Today is day1 of washing. Hubby saw and commented "omg so many". Heh. Mostly onesies and tops which are passdowns. Have another couple rounds of bottoms and mittens and blankets to be washed next week.

Oh and they smell heavenly babyish after the wash!View attachment 638756

That is really a lot! Hahaha but I think I bought a lot too....never keep any new born clothes from my first born...so bought new clothes for number 2. Today just went muji to buy the plastic drawers ...will start washing next weekend!

Mummies which bath soap u will use for baby?

I've booked my massage lady too. Had her since my number 1, am very comfortable with her. Find her charges very reasonable, less than $50 per session. I'm not the kind who really know how to enjoy massages because I find them painful and the idea of someone looking at my fat butt ain't exciting, but I slimmed down to below pre-pregnancy wt quite fast both times, so I attribute it to both the massage and breast feeding.

@verluv - wow! I am super envious of your hospitalization leave! U'll be on that for over 1 mth? What reason to give office? I am seriously contemplating that too.
I've always thought natural tear should be less painful than cut, but from ur sharing, maybe I assumed wrongly. I asked doc not to cut the last time, he said he will see how, end up cut.
I forgot ru yi oil! Thanks for reminder! For diaper, u got Merries is it? I haven't bought any.

@gan - I got Aveeno for bath.

@redvel - forgot to ask which laundry detergent u are using for baby's clothes. I've yet to buy any. Still very sensitive to scents, don't dare to go sniff them out.

Everyone here is on the true nesting stage now :)

I read that counting movement is to monitor if bb is in distress (eg cord around neck). Slowed down movement maybe need to see doc. That's all much that I know. Will see what my gynae says next visit.

I'm using Pureen laundry cleanser. Tuna, you're still sensitive to smell at this point?

I was told by a nanny and a doc not to use ru yi you (too acidic and too hot). Er but I grew up with it and I'm ok leh. Anyway my plan is to use this instead. Less hot for bb.
ImageUploadedByForum1462710475.283045.jpg

Few bad press about Johnson & Johnson.. So I'm getting the sebamed body lotion instead (less sticky; good for this humid and hot weather). Anyone getting NUK oral wipes? Need to? My sis says it's used after shower to clean bb tongue.

Few bad press about Johnson & Johnson.. So I'm getting the sebamed body lotion instead (less sticky; good for this humid and hot weather). Anyone getting NUK oral wipes? Need to? My sis says it's used after shower to clean bb tongue.
Redvel....clean baby tongue will just use cloth with boiled water for me.

Number 1 was using sebamed... My pregnancy brain..was thinking so hard just now what I was using for my elder.
Started with avent and then switch to sebamed after few months

Guess will use this for number 2 too

Gan1972, ya my sis says it's not a must. Just good to have on the wipes. Guess I will stick to cloth.

Haha pregnancy brain is real. For me.

Thanks gan and redvel. I can sort of rem the pigeon laundry detergent smell, though I really like the fragrance when my sense of smell is normal, the thought of it now makes me feel a little overwhelmed.
Yea, redvel, I'm still very sensitive to smells now, though less so than before. Everyone at home is still at my mercy when it comes to the type of detergent and soaps used. So thankful there's only 9 more wks at max to go.
Will check out the eucalyptus oil u shared redvel!

Me too, will just use cloth or surgical gauze dipped in boiled water to clean baby's tongue.

Yup I know ru yi oil is very hot but I really like the smell. For new born, we don't really apply on the skin. Juz rub our hand and cup it over the tummy. So the oil din really touch the skin directly.. I think with that should be ok.
For the mouth and tongue, I'm only using he gauze and boiled water. Din buy any special liquid or soap for that.
For bathing, I'm juz using back Johnson and Johnson since both my 2 girls still using them. Anyway juz put a bit into a tub of water and shower the bb and not applying directly on her skin so I think ok too la.. Haha
For laundry I din use any special detergent wor.. Juz those freebie that is included. Finish le then I juz use the normal detergent. So far so good la.. Hope the third one also nt so sensitive. But maybe I think I wi go and buy la since all the mummies here buying too.
Oh ya, so how much movement is required per day or per hr to know that the bb is not in distress? I Thot so long the bb moves can liao.. Quite difficult to monitor coz sometimes too engross in work leh.
For my HL, most likely 2-2.5 weeks only coz based on past experience, I usually give birth on the 36-37 weeks. Anyway preg is the biggest.. Dun need to feel paiseh to tell the company. It's the gynae who gives me the hl, not I ask for it ma..(though I really ask for the hl la) but no one in get company will know. Juz make sure all handover done swee swee can le.. :)

I have the same thought too about the movement count. Sometimes so out and about we can't really monitor it. But i guess doc will have some kind of "formulae"? Let's see then.

Back