Dr Wong Mun Tat from TMC

Hi simbaobao, ya.. try not to lie flat on ur tummy... when getting up from bed, also remember to turn one side first then use hands to push u up. Sometimes I still forget and jump from bed, then I have slight cramp after that... think bb protesting to mummy... anyway, I think when ur tummy is bigger, u'll remember not to lie on ur tummy
happy.gif

For Dr Wong, he's quite a patient man but also man of few words. It's good to prepare a list of questions and he'll be very patient with u. He did go thru a few pointers what to take note on my first appt..

Jaster: Yeap i hope i won't lie on my stomach when i sleep now.. haha very careful with my sleeping position now.

Babysee: Thanks for sharing..
happy.gif
psst.. we know each others *wink*

Hi All,

I am now seeing Dr Wong after tested positive. I find it nice generally but I was wondering if it is normal for him not to conduct any blood test or weight check or blood pressure check for patients during the first few visits? The friends i ask all say their gynae perform blood pressure checks and weight check on every visit even before 12 weeks... so i am puzzled and a little concerned if i am not given the rightful attention ?
anyone care to share their experience with Dr Wong on this ? Thanks.

For me he only check on my weight. blood pressure. After 12 weeks .. Urine test on every weeks after week 18 N blood test done when week 20. Unless u have certain family history or not feeling well.. U can request him to do a check.

Thanks simbaobao,

Not sure why he is the only gynae who does that as all other gynae check these on the very first visit ? I sometimes wonder is it because he think before 12 weeks still unstable so no point to check? Me first time mum so abit insecure.

I am oso a 1st time mummy
happy.gif
dont worry too much.. If u r unsure if tings.. Do ask him.. He will b most willing to ans u.. I noticed his practice is differ from other gyane too but dun worry too much.. He wont risk his patient's life.

If he feel there is a need, he will advise.

My stand on gyane.. U must b comfortable n trust him/ her... If not no point sticking to him/ her.. U got to face that person till baby's out.

Thanks simbaobao... I am comfortable with him but just wonder y he practise differently. so i suppose the prenatal vit will only be given after 12 weeks also ?

=) ZuW,
best is don't compare with other gynaes... i just gave birth... most of my thread mommies gynaes will do pap smear for them but Dr Wong didnt do it for me wor... hahaa... ai yah... anyway.. he's a great gynae so we are all safe in his hands...

i actually didn't really want to have csect de! but hor... bo bian cos bb's hb irregular sia... his stitching skills are good.. just in case u all are wondering ya...

n can understand first time mummies very gan chiong one... but hor... try to be as happy as you can!!! dun be so paranoid like me... Jovan came out frowning de hor! hahaa...

=) jia you everyone... and jia nai for your moo moo career in time to come!

Hi All,

I am now in my 15weeks and coming 16. So far so good & I agree with Jaster to not compare la, of cus the doc wont risk his patient's life.. just that first time mummy really ganjiong !!! Jaster hope you have recovered well from your c-sect! :D

ZuW,
all the best to you... =) have a smooth and fast delivery yeah?

think my pain thresh hold is quite high! hahahaa... after i went back home i was already like climbing stairs every day lor..

Thanks Jaster.

Wah... climb stairs everyday! you really kangho ! Anyway, I am still not getting my urine test.. haha.. probably the next appt on 8 Aug which by then I will be 21 weeks. ha :p

All the best to you too !

hi is anyone seeing dr wong now? what are his charges (for package) now and what is it inclusive of?

I am hesitating between NUH private and Dr Wong. think package shd be cheaper..

Hophop,
i hope my reply is not late... =) his stitches was nice! after i delivered, had breast inflammation... went to KK A&E.. the Dr asked to see my csect wound and so i showed her... she commented it was very nicely stitched lor...

was chatting with my hub recently of whether to change gynae if we have our #2... he was like "ehhhh... his stitches is nice leh... no need to change"....

hahaaa... =) well i dunno if my threshold for pain is high or not but when i was discharged, i didn't take the painkillers... and was still feeling okie...

and like i mentioned previously, was already climbing stairs many times a day when i got home lor... =)

anything just PM me yah... =P

Thanks Jaster, no you are not late. Ha.. I was worried about his stitches as this is my 3rd bb and first 2 was fr a different gynae but those stitches he had done were 'nice'. Didn't go back to him as i think his appt was always very full. I am currently seeing Doc Wong and find him very nice and friendly. However, i am worried about his C section stitch. I am glad to see your reply. Thanks!

Hi Big Dee,

Dr Wong's package is about $700 plus now (sorry forgot the actual price). Includes normal consultation, ultra sound scan and multi vits. I'm in my 34 weeks now and so far happy with him.

But one thing I wanna check here is that, do you get asked to book your ward prior to your delivery date. Cus I ask him the other day he say no need, can book it when i check in for delivery. But other friends of mine who also deliver at TMC (but other gynae) were asked to book in advance. I am confused now, any advice?

ZuW, ask the nurse to help do the booking. =) that's what i did... anyway, it's first come first serve basis.. doesn't mean you book you'll be entitled to it lor... like i booked.. but ended up there isn't any single bedded ward and so i had to upgrade to the premium single ward...

is this your #2 or #3? hahaaa... thought i saw you posting in mummysg or smh forum sometime last year?

CONGRATS to you!!! hee..

Hi Jaster, this is my first one only leh... hee hee. First time so very scary to me.
But since you book the single bedded ward, when you get upgraded to the premium single you still pay the normal single ward price right ?

Cus i want to play cheat, book 4-bedded then get upgraded to 2 bedded at 4 -bedded price.. like what all my friends did. :p save cost.

ZuW,
nope! i paid for the premium though i booked for single ward. it depends on the gynae I think leh... maybe you can try asking the nurses if there are free upgrade for Dr Wong! hahaa...

oh issit.. I thought if you book for single ward then not available they should upgrade u FOC.. that's the purpose of booking mah?? Hmm.. anyway.. i will check with the nurse ba. Thanks Jaster ! :D

My experience with Dr Wong Mun Tat was not good, quite upsetting actually... Regret choosing this doctor who didn't do a proper job delivering my baby. He patiently answers all qns before I signed the package with him. After signing the package with him, he becomes impatient when answering qns, sometimes cutting my qns off. But i thought this is a small matter and that he is just busy, so I actually still recommended him to my colleague.

However, on the day of my delivery, When I was about to give birth at 5.30 at the delivery ward in the hospital, the nurses and mid-wife told me that any further push, baby will be out so don't push yet, must wait for doctor and I did as told. They notified the doctor at 5.30 but Dr Wong took a long time to arrive, he came only at 7.30pm. It wasn't because he was stuck in a traffic jam or what. Coincidentally, my colleague was at the clinic on the day of my delivery at 6.30pm to see Dr Wong and she was ther last patient Dr Wong saw before leaving his clinic to come to the hospital to deliver my baby. I wonder why he can take two hours to come and continue to see so many patients when I am about to deliver anytime. And heres, what upsets me so much to this day, when he arrived, he didn't give me time to push the baby out, he just told me that baby's heartbeat is too rapid, too high, need to vacuum out.

I didn't know Is better for me so of course I listened to the doctor. My baby had a horrible bump on the head for months after that and has to endure risks that vacuuming brings, all these could be avoided if he bothers to come early. I'm upset knowing the reason for his delay.

During check ups, he also made me do unnecessary things.

I did not kick a fuss in front of Dr Wong, I'm just disappointed and want to share my story here. And I really don't think he's a good doctor. He has so many patients and do so many deliveries everyday, he can't remember me or what he did during my delivery. When I went back to him for post natal check up, he has the cheek to ask to take photo with the baby and ask me to send him one. I think he wants to put. It up on the wall so people can see he how popular a gynae he is. I of course did not send him any picture.

I just had my delivery with doc wong..my bb also had a rapid heartbeat and need to put in ICU for observation..well,same as boyboygirlgirl, i was asked to hold the bb for abt 1 hour to wait for doc's arrival..not sure is it the cause bb's breathing is too rapid.. but he had the worst anesthesiologist! I was poked for 6-7 holes to find the correct position n rmb anesthesiologist is attached to gynae!
But overall experience with doc wong still not bad during the 9 mths pregnancy

Hello all,

Does anyone of you have updated antenatal charges (packages) from Dr Wong? I am in a dilemma whether to visit him or Dr Clfiton Chan from SWC. Advise me! Thanks!

Back