C-section - Post Natal Slimming Method?

jenny_yong

I hv delivered my baby 1 month ago via c-section and my tummy is still flabby.

Does anyone has any good advise on how to get rid of those fats?

Any good recommend binder to use after c-section ? to help to heal the wound, and slimming..

Jennie,
Take your time.

I had C-section for 1st boy too. My hubby was in the operating room and told me what he saw - my gynae cuts through 3 layers of tissues to the womb. SO just imagine, you outer skin may hv heal after 2 weeks, but there are deeper tissue still healing and you cant rush your body's healing time. DON'T GO FOR MASSAGE YET and strenous tummy exercise not advisable too.

The only safe thingy I was told is Lipase enzyme supplement to help breakdown fats in our body. Can be taken even for breast-feeding mothers.

Hi Kook car,

Thanks for your advice.

My hospital binder is not good already after 1 mth use..so have to change binder.

What binder u use you can recommend?

When u start using the slimming binder?

hi jennie,
me too is c-section abt a mth ago and also very anxious to lose the tummy flabbiness but i dun think its advisable to start early for any massage or slimming programme as what kook_car mentioned. for me, i will consider gng for a massage another mth later.

im also thinking of getting a new binder as the one i use for a mth one is already very "old" and somehow lost the tension. at the same time im also thinking if i can start wearing the Wacoal Brand tummy girdle, its something like a big panty (covers from upper tummy till half of your thighs)but very tight that kind. any idea?

Hi Ladies,

I too had a c-sec and i gave birth to my baby boy on 1st Jan 07. Am feeling and experiencing all that you are going through.

I had my post natal masssage as early as 1 week but of cos, the massage lady didnt massage my abdominal area. She massages above the navel and it helps in reducing the flabby tummy. You may want to visit http://www.motherneeds.com/Nursing%20aids%20frontpage.htm and purchase the javanese tummy wrap. The one i bought at the hospital has lost its tension and im using a trimline brand purchased from Avon..but i had purchased this way back even before i got pregnant to help tone my stomach.

You should use the binder immediately..well that's what my confinement lady told me too and so far it helps. I went back to office to see my colleagues and they complemented saying my tummy look flatter in just 1 month. Of cos, slight flabbiness lah when you take off the binder, but not as bad as having dropping tummy.

hi serry,
the javanese tummy wrap seems good but looks very long, it stretches to cover the whole buttock till the thighs, does that mean it needs to be unwrap for every toilet visit?

btw, can you recommend your massage lady?

Hi

I had c-section end of Nov 06. Tummy really flabby. I only approached massage lady recently as I gave my wound time to heal. I asked for postnatal massage but two of the massage ladies told me I need sliming and not postnatal as it is too late and I would be wasting my money. So sad.

Hi Crispy,

No.. its not very long.i felt it was a bit cumbersome at first but after putting it on.. i feel great.. It gives you that certain tightness around the stomach and the abdominal area. I just had to flip the bottom portion up for toilet visit.

J2Rs, yalah.. you should have done it earlier. I was a bit scared at first to do the massage after my c-section but i went ahead cos i wanted the massage lady to relieve my engorgement through massage.It really helps.She also help to "break down" wind points in my body. She insisted that i should bind my stomach but not with the traditional long cloth binder bcos of my c-section. She says to continue using the one i bought at the hospital but i channged to the javanese tummy wrap ( see above post) and my stomach is so much flatter now.Just need to tone it a little with occ sit-ups.

And as for slimming, i really dont know how.. they say to give urselves at least 6-8 months for slimming but ive seen others who lost 10-15kg in a month. So envious of them..well, i guess every body is different
happy.gif

me had c section as well...been one month already, but my stomach still so flabby and i cant wear all my previous clothes, so sad. Now i still cant do any abdominal exercise cos doc says can only exercise after 3 mths...still scratching my head wat to do to get my my figure before i start work...else got to change all the clothes in my closet liao...

ya...may i know wats the difference between the abdominal binder and the javanese wrap? I have the binder but didn't see much effect after wearing it leh...maybe me not so hardworking enough to wear it everyday...

huh, really cannot massage ?
my massage lady said need to start latest by 3rd week of delivery otherwise not effective anymore

I had massage for both my C-section deliveries.

They (I had 2 different massage lady) just avoid the tummy area, rub on the head, shoulder, back and legs. Quite alright, didn't press on my tummy at all, just wrap for me the tummy area after massage

Hi All,
I had my massage on the 3rd week of delivery too. As what my massage lady said, c-section mums can start as early as 2nd week and it has to be done before 1st month as that is the time when our body and bones are still able to adapt to the massage and "shrink". After the 1st month, our body will not be able to see much improvement with the massage as the bones are beginning to "harden" already.
Not sure if its true, but I do agree that though the massage doesn't really cover the tummy area, its really effective in reducing the tummy bulge and improving the overall body contours.

Hi Jennie
You can do massages with the javanese wrap six weeks after delivery, but don't wait too long as well, once you're past 2 and a half months after delivery there is not much point anymore.
As long as the wrap is done 6 weeks after delivery, the results are just as effective.

For more information, visit my website at
www.mummymassages.com.sg

cheers!

hi

it has been almost 2.5 mths aft my c section. my weight is not a problem as i didn't put on much during pergnancy but my tummy & backside is still big. wat should i do? i stop my binder after a week as it was too hot and got rashes over mt waist and started adain abt 2 weeks back. do you think i still got hope to trim? i chance upon Body Perfect centre, anyone here use them before?

<font color="ff6000">motherof2</font>
Dont be discouraged. Always got hope to slim down. Take your time.

Whatever slimming centre you try, just make sure you inform them abt your C-section if they do massage. It'll be tricky if they are eager to slim your tummy & tear your internal wound.

Hi Motherof2

My gynae do not encourage to go to slimming centres. They are doing the biggest con job in the world. After u stop going for their sessions, your weight will come back. My fren who is running facial salon also does not encourage me to go to slimming centre stating the same reason as my gynae. According to her, exercise & controlling your diet is the best method.

I cut down on carbo & take more meat & veg & bf. Lose all preg weight. Still got a bit of tummy. Now I stopped bf but din cut down on the amt of food I eat. So I put on 1 - 2 kg after stopping bf. Now eating only 1/2 bowl of rice & eating more veg & meat & continue to do yoga. It seems to work so far.

Thanks kook_car & Athen.

My weight is still managable coz I cut down on food. As I am on maternity leave so I took brunch (usually econ meehoon), a slice of bread for afternoon tea & 1/4 plate rice + veg + fish & soup.

It my flabby tummy and hugh bump that I am more concern. It juz doesn't seem to get smaller and I am going back to work in 2 weeks time. So need to trim it urgently.

Now as I bring my elder one to school and chance upon those pretty and slim mum, I am so envy of them. Looking myself at the mirror make me feel so depress...
sad.gif

But whenever my 2 gals make me laugh, I feel so fortunate to have them and to be their mummy. That's life...
happy.gif

Thanks kook_car & Athen.

My weight is still managable coz I cut down on food. As I am on maternity leave so I took brunch (usually econ meehoon), a slice of bread for afternoon tea & 1/4 plate rice + veg + fish & soup.

It my flabby tummy and hugh bump that I am more concern. It juz doesn't seem to get smaller and I am going back to work in 2 weeks time. So need to trim it urgently.

Now as I bring my elder one to school and chance upon those pretty and slim mum, I am so envy of them. Looking myself at the mirror make me feel so depress...
sad.gif

But whenever my 2 gals make me laugh, I feel so fortunate to have them and to be their mummy. That's life...
happy.gif

hi motherof2,

Your food quantity not alot, but food choice can be improved. Econ beehoon very high in carbohydrate & oil. Can try more protein food + complex carbo fod -- eg, wholemeal bread + cereal (not 3-in-1 those are high in sugar too), or egg salad + yogurt + soya bean

Also exercise is important too. Possible to squeeze out an hr a week to pamper yourself with yoga or aerobics?

Hi motherof2,

Don worry about your tummy & bump. When I went back to work after 3 mths ML, I can't fit into my pre-preg wear. I was in maternity pants for I think 2 mths b4 I can fit into pre-preg wear. I was bf then. So if u can fit into your pre-preg wear, u r very good liao.

Yes, agree with kook_car. exercise is important. Consult your gynae b4 doing any exercise. Yoga is good. No need to go to those fitness centre where they offer unlimited no of sessions. U won't have time. Those classes conducted by CC once a week is good enough. (if u r able to squeeze out an hour week.)

Hi ladies,

It's true that after a certain time, post natal massages will simply not be effective. You might want to try slimming tummy massage, this treatment focuses mainly on stubborn fat, flabbiness and toxins that refuse to budge after weight has dropped every where else on the body.

The treatment includes a detox seaweed scrub, essential oil slimming serum with lymphatic drainage massage and ends with the application of a tightening and firming seaweed wrap paste.The tummy will then be wrapped in bandage and cellophane to ensure maximum absorption and re-shaping of the waist and tummy.

Email all your questions to [email protected].

hi mummies,

For C sect ,it advisable to start at least after 3 weeks . most important is that the wound heals. Post natal massage is effective is u do it within 2 months after delivery.My post natal massage lady was from origins jamu massage and she teach me how to slim down. her massahe uses jamu herbs that helpe me get rid of water rentention and wind and tighten stomach muscles. then i must religious use slimming cream with binder everyday ...

i do see results but of cos we have to also manage our food intake. C sect not recommend do any strenous exercise at least 6 months ... so to go slimming centre a bit scare too cos they use machine etc...

for those mtbs , you can go see the website [email protected]

if i have a natural delivery, can use a binder straight after delivery or have to wait a week?
(having my jamu massage abt a week after delivery, but thought of bringing an additional binder to the hospital to wear before discharge)

Hi Michele

Just inform the doctor n nurse tat U will like to put on binder straight after the delivery.
It sure helps.

Hi, I tried the binder but it only seems to work if there are slimming creams used to accelerate the fat burning?

But binder cannot be used on arms, thighs, hips and of course our face... so what do you mummies use?

Hi mummies, if you are looking for slimming solutions, or solutions to treat your sagging tummy skin or stretchmarks, cellulite, now there's a solution. Body galvanic spa! If anyone wants to know more, there's a special workshop on Sun', 18/11/12 on 'Shape Your Body' from 1030-1130am at lavender. You can learn more on how the machine works and more about the technology behind the fantastic machine that you can own! You can contact Roz at 98006632.

Hi mummies,

I have natural delivery and my jamu was already putting a binder on me 1 week after delivery. I find it cumbersome and hot so I don't wear it all day long. I do rub firming cream and massage my flabby areas especially tummy with pressure daily.

No aerobic exercise for me for 3 months. Only light stretching exercises and a controlled diet. I try slimming centers but find it expensive and not effective. I end up trying a weight loss program which works better due to a super hectic schedule juggling baby, family and work. It's certainly no easy feat to keep to a strict diet and I hardly find time to exercise and sleep. Kinda stressful and I end up binging on comfort food.

I am glad I am on this weight loss program coz my crazy schedule makes it hard to stick to proper meals especially dinner.

Nowadays its much more easier to lose weight or get rid of those unsightly fats with the help of TRA and galvanic spa machine which mummies can do it at home without having to go to facial salon and face those hard selling consultant anymore.
Best of all no weight rebound after finishing 3 months TRA and more shapely figure. If u need help can PM or email to [email protected] for more info

Just did my c section last week. Right after the op, my gynecologist already put the binder on, apparently it is better to protect the wound area and hold the stomach muscles in place.
After 1 wk of confinement , binder and bf I lost 2kg. Not significant but on the right track so jia you all mommies!

For c section mummies... afta del theres a binder dat u shud put on to protect ur wound..whereas afta 3-4weeks afta del, u too wud wan to continue wit e post natal session..hehe.. confinement day is important tho..
So i wud like to recommend a massage lady Diana@94793566. This is her new no...:)

Back