IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually whenever we embark on a new cycle, they will ask us to sign a form.. In the event blah blah blah, would u like to 1) destroy the embryos, 2) donate solely for research, 3) donate the embryos as donar eggs something like that.. Then if couple choose to donate eggs, then where will the embryo go? Overseas?
Actually I also dunno. I wonder about if I choose donate but dunno the couple and in SG, I kiasee if one day my children so fated and fall in love (watch too much drama I know lol), how? So if I donate, I would rather find out if I have the choice of donating to a couple I know or what are the options, risks etc before deciding to donate.

Actually I also dunno. I wonder about if I choose donate but dunno the couple and in SG, I kiasee if one day my children so fated and fall in love (watch too much drama I know lol), how? So if I donate, I would rather find out if I have the choice of donating to a couple I know or what are the options, risks etc before deciding to donate.
Haha ya.. The same thoughts went through my mind..

Nope, I did not..I only ate folic acid & drink a cup of soya bean milk every morning to build up the lining. I personally do not believe in TCM.
Hi towkayneo,

What type of soya milk do u drink? The normal can types? Or if organic where can we buy??

I m also in the mid of building up my lining.
Thanks dear.

I should be doing my Medical FET in May....

For Crinone gel inserts is there anything to pay attention ? Just do it once in the day and a 2nd time at night ? Any specific time ?

Did you take HL after ET ?
My bosses is already "complaining"that I am taking too much off from work.....
Just wondering if it is necessary to like have the HL and jus rest at home....
I'm also doing my medicated FET in May! If AF comes on time, my ET should be end May. I took 2 days HL for my last cycle in Feb. I'm hoping that my ET will fall on Friday for this cycle, so that I only need to take 1 day off from work.

It's usually for medical research, so though I don't have the same thoughts as Dawn :p I fear the idea that the embryos are used in surrogate wombs (be it human beings or animals), I don't want them to turn out like a scientific experiment (think Frankenstein) before being killed after the scientists got their desired results.

i just saw this. no gonal on previous cycle. just menopur and saizen. the upcoming one also no gonal. just pergovis and saizen. Will check with thh.
I read somewhere gonal f is similar to menopur.. Im hoping I can do somewhere in Aug/sept.. We might be Cycling buddies! Will u do a fresh transfer?

I read somewhere gonal f is similar to menopur.. Im hoping I can do somewhere in Aug/sept.. We might be Cycling buddies! Will u do a fresh transfer?

Gonal is pure FSH jab so it is different from Menopur le. Menopur is FSH + LH. it depends on my lining if it will chao tah hahaha if it is ok i guess thh will do fresh. yay cycling buddies!

Hi, did doc say why he suggest donar eggs when u can still have 2 embryos produced? Singapore got donar eggs?
Higher chance with donor eggs rather then do another fresh and risk no eggs retrieved I guess..Singapore do not do donor eggs unless you can find your own donor.
Which doc will guarantee BFP de.. Don't tell me ur doc is sf loh.. Haha
haha not sf loh..was dr charles lim..but I've heard stories abt sf loh and my first fresh was with him when he was still at kkh ;)

All 5 are fresh cycles. Yr result better than mine... My cycles at most 2-3 eggs each time. See, yr Amh lower than mine but can have 6 eggs. U taking dhea?

@tsf0205 no doubt my 2nd cycle retrieved 6 eggs, but only 2 out of 4 eggs are successfully fertilised. :( How was yr fertilisation success rate for yr 1st few cycles?

Yap, I started taking DHEA yesterday. I heard that it is good for ladies with low egg reserves like us. We both jiayou ok!! :D

I should be doing my Medical FET in May....

For Crinone gel inserts is there anything to pay attention ? Just do it once in the day and a 2nd time at night ? Any specific time ?

Did you take HL after ET ?
My bosses is already "complaining"that I am taking too much off from work.....
Just wondering if it is necessary to like have the HL and jus rest at home....

For crinone, I just do it about the same time during the day and night. After putting it in, walk around for about 10-15mins.

Muff, gonal f = pergovoris
really?!!!! I object!!!! I didnt do well with gonal F !! on 2 cycles. but then again thh told me pergoveris is the same contents as menopur jus that it is different brand. Menopur is FSH + LH while Gonal is pure FSH. I dont want i dont want. :eek::D

I will tell him during my next visit, we have to review HSG and do endo scratch first before cycle so still have time to amend memo.

really?!!!! I object!!!! I didnt do well with gonal F !! on 2 cycles. but then again thh told me pergoveris is the same contents as menopur jus that it is different brand. Menopur is FSH + LH while Gonal is pure FSH. I dont want i dont want. :eek::D

I will tell him during my next visit, we have to review HSG and do endo scratch first before cycle so still have time to amend memo.
Gonal f not same as pergo.. Gonal f pure FSH, pergo is FSH + LH. I read menopur is difficult to use cos need to mix? Not sure about pergovaris

Gonal f not same as pergo.. Gonal f pure FSH, pergo is FSH + LH. I read menopur is difficult to use cos need to mix? Not sure about pergovaris
it is in a powder form, u need to syringe in the liquid and mix it well. thats all. Quite easy. I have never used pergo before.

For my job nature I think it's necessary.. Some ladies here doing office work didn't take the entire 2ww..
Due to all the roller coaster events which happened to me.. I've almost used up the entire year worth of HL.. I don't know what will my boss say to me when I return to work.. What if she ask me to leave if I want to do another cycle in the next few months.. Sigh

Yup Same for me... I took some MC earlier and claim that I was gg for Female Check up...
My boss was not v happy about it and ask me "Whats wrong with you and you got to go for so many check up"....

For me my work isn't v stress type but it jus to in time to meet that someone is leaving from my work place and I have 2 new colleague coming in....
So my absent will be sort of a problem !

It's not necessary. In fact working can keep your mind off if U are those who obsess with symptoms. Maybe U can try taking medical leave plus annual leave. What I did previously I took annual leave for few days pretending i go holiday n come back I took 3 days mc after holiday come back sick lor. It's tough to find excuses when working. Unless U don't mind to tell your colleagues n bosses. I didn't tell because I don't want people to keep asking me or look at me pitifully when I fail again.

Like you I'm more afraid of the anticipation from the rest more than the failure....
Plus I feel im those type who think too much...
So part of me feel that work really will help distract me a lot.... But another part im afraid that will work make me too tired and I lose them...!

Pergoveris is definitely mix of FSH and LH coz I checked before when doc introduced this into my protocol for the first time in my last cycle. My last cycle included gonal-F first then added Pergoveris mid way then use Cetrotide to suppress LH to prevent maturation before ER. Doesn't make sense to add another pure FSH med I think.
Pergoveris is by Merck. Can check this out -
http://biopharma.merckgroup.com/en/products/fertility/infertility/pergoveris/pergoveris.html

it is in a powder form, u need to syringe in the liquid and mix it well. thats all. Quite easy. I have never used pergo before.
Pergoveris is also powder and solvent and need to be mixed like Menopur. I used both before and find it's ok though of course a little more hassle than Puregon or Gonal-F which is just solvent and just need to jab.

Pergoveris is definitely mix of FSH and LH coz I checked before when doc introduced this into my protocol for the first time in my last cycle. My last cycle included gonal-F first then added Pergoveris mid way then use Cetrotide to suppress LH to prevent maturation before ER. Doesn't make sense to add another pure FSH med I think.
Pergoveris is by Merck. Can check this out -
http://biopharma.merckgroup.com/en/products/fertility/infertility/pergoveris/pergoveris.html
How u find your yield when using pergo?

Hi all.. i am gg for ivf in may cycle in kkh with dr sadhana. Likely 3rd wk of may. Do u know of any place i can go for acupuncture other than tm? Anyone w dr sadhana?

It was my best fresh cycle of all 3. I got 18 fertilised embryos.
thanks dawnbb for your replies! Me on pure FSH dont work. gonal F, puregon is yucky. I also had the best cycle with FSH + LH although lesser fertilized embryos, but more quality. :D

thanks dawnbb for your replies! Me on pure FSH dont work. gonal F, puregon is yucky. I also had the best cycle with FSH + LH although lesser fertilized embryos, but more quality. :D
Yes I found that with LH added after starting with FSH in my case did achieve the following - spur the smaller follicles hence eggs to grow/ catch up and ultimately more uniform growth across the follicles, higher number of mature eggs, and improved quality of mature eggs. My 2nd cycle was Long protocol whereby LH was suppressed before FSH stim and the yield was Low although more uniform and better quality compared to short protocol with pure FSH stim. Doc said that some ppl respond better with a stim from a little LH on top of the FSH so he added Pergoveris for my 3rd cycle. True enough it did provide some magic for me.

muff, to give a clearer picture on gonal-f, pergoveris, menopur:

Gonal-F: pure FSH
Pergoveris: under the same company as Gonal-F. Combination of FSH and LH as 150 units of FSH and 75 units of LH per vial.
Menopur: Combination of FSH and LH as 75 units of FSH and 75 units of LH per vial (if using the 75 units vial). It's available in the multidose version of 600 units per vial, so it's 600 units of FSH and 600 units of LH for this version.

So comparing Pergoveris and Menopur, Pergoveris has more FSH content than Menopur (FSH:LH ratio of 2:1 for Pergoveris, 1:1 for Menopur). For calculating of dosage, the doctors will use the FSH content. So it's likely that for your upcoming cycle, the FSH dosage is increased (switching from Menopur to Pergoveris), while adding the LH component since it has worked for your last cycle.

Hope this helps.

Sisters who are taking supplements like c,d, coq10, etc how do you all take them? I start to take them during breakfast or lunch but realize my stomach doesn't feel well. I was thinking to spilt it to two batches. Anyone doing that?

Sisters who are taking supplements like c,d, coq10, etc how do you all take them? I start to take them during breakfast or lunch but realize my stomach doesn't feel well. I was thinking to spilt it to two batches. Anyone doing that?
I felt OK having all together in morning. If you feel tummy unwell, I read that for CoQ10 you can split the daily dosage to spread out the intake throughout the day. Also make sure you take these supplements after food if you tend to feel tummy unwell.

I felt OK having all together in morning. If you feel tummy unwell, I read that for CoQ10 you can split the daily dosage to spread out the intake throughout the day. Also make sure you take these supplements after food if you tend to feel tummy unwell.
Ohhh ok thanks!!

Pergoveris: under the same company as Gonal-F. Combination of FSH and LH as 150 units of FSH and 75 units of LH per vial.
Menopur: Combination of FSH and LH as 75 units of FSH and 75 units of LH per vial (if using the 75 units vial). It's available in the multidose version of 600 units per vial, so it's 600 units of FSH and 600 units of LH for this version.

So comparing Pergoveris and Menopur, Pergoveris has more FSH content than Menopur (FSH:LH ratio of 2:1 for Pergoveris, 1:1 for Menopur). For calculating of dosage, the doctors will use the FSH content. So it's likely that for your upcoming cycle, the FSH dosage is increased (switching from Menopur to Pergoveris), while adding the LH component since it has worked for your last cycle.

Hope this helps.
Wow thanks! Good info!

Hope this helps.
Wow very detailed! How about saizen? What is it?

Oh.. So this cycle u had 18 embryos? Now left 16?
Nope. I used 3 day-2 embryos for fresh cycle bfn. Then they discarded a few grade 3 embryos (grade 1 being best) but can't recall now how many to freeze the rest. For FET I had 10 frozen day-2 embies left, we thawed 5 to grow to blastocysts. Managed to have 2 blastocysts for transfer while one arrested on day 6 and the rest not good enough to to freeze. So now left 5 frozen day-2 embryos.

Wow very detailed! How about saizen? What is it?

Saizen is synthetic human growth hormone. It supposingly helps in improving the egg quality/follicle development especially for older women or poor responders. Not sure about the mechanics though. There are studies showing that it works, but other studies show no linkage. Think there are a few sisters here who tried saizen, some say it works while some say it doesn't improve anything, so it's pretty dependent on individual's response.

Saizen is synthetic human growth hormone. It supposingly helps in improving the egg quality/follicle development especially for older women or poor responders. Not sure about the mechanics though. There are studies showing that it works, but other studies show no linkage. Think there are a few sisters here who tried saizen, some say it works while some say it doesn't improve anything, so it's pretty dependent on individual's response.
Older women ! That's me! Lao zhar bor liao. :p but I guess it sort of work somehow. For me hehe

Thats awesome! When are u gg for yr ivf? :) sorry to ask..
I've already done 1st fresh cycle in Dec, retrieved 24 eggs and 6 made it to the freezer. I didn't do fresh ET. In mid Feb, I started medicated FET cycle, transferred 2 embryos, BFP on this cycle but miscarriaged at week 5+. Mid Mar going to start 2nd medicated FET.

Back