Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Angry with Dr Tan's TPS assistant. Always 1st thing ask whether I need MC anot when I just sat down in his room. Haven't even started my consult. Called up to keep whether I need to go for the sugar montoring referral. She insisted that dr tan have say otherwise she wouldn't pas the form to dr tan. Maybe too soft I didn't hear. Arrrgh. Then say my 2nd reading is 7.8. I told her off I only failed my 1st reading n is borderline lo. Don't anyhow say without checking

Angry with Dr Tan's TPS assistant. Always 1st thing ask whether I need MC anot when I just sat down in his room. Haven't even started my consult. Called up to keep whether I need to go for the sugar montoring referral. She insisted that dr tan have say otherwise she wouldn't pas the form to dr tan. Maybe too soft I didn't hear. Arrrgh. Then say my 2nd reading is 7.8. I told her off I only failed my 1st reading n is borderline lo. Don't anyhow say without checking
Oh dear did she mix up ur details with someone else?
Do agree his clinic D assistants are nicer.
Don't be angry mummy!!

Oh dear did she mix up ur details with someone else?
Do agree his clinic D assistants are nicer.
Don't be angry mummy!!
Yes yes clinic D will prepare the stuffs for dr Tan n wait quietly. TPS assistant very arrogant as if she is the dr Lo.

I'm also considering donation, but heard that up to 80% of the donations are discarded leh.. Is it possible to check if your child's cord blood is successfully stored after collection if we donate?
Both times I donated, they were sufficient and good for storing. They called me periodically both times to check on baby's and mummy's health.. In case of any issue, they will discard the cord blood I guess. Didn't really hear about 80% of cord blood donations discarded, maybe there is not enough cord blood or contamination..

Ok thanks. I think I buy one pack 35cm n one pack my usual size.
for myself, I was quite kiasu, I bought this. Wore it day and night :p

kotex.png

Errrm personally i don't believe that... Cos when my cell cultures are contaminated, i will try to dump in antibiotics to save it but it never works... Once contaminated it is too late to save liao. Can only hope not contaminated lor.

Actually i get qt angry when salespeople make irresponsible claims like that. No way a doctor will put contaminated stem cells into a patient unless they want them to die from blood poisoning.
I told you liao, the sales person will luan luan xian, can anyhow promise just to grab that deal : /

me drinking one bottle of Yakult everyday. Consider probiotic not? :p

Why? you are trying to improve the GBS condition?

Yakult also probiotic.. but not strong enough :p
Yalor.. want to improve the GBS. I looked around yesterday and saw optibacs has one for woman which is suitable for pregnant woman. So I bought it and tried lor. It's better than putting a whole garlic down there cos that's what I read online. Ppl actually put a garlic there overnight. Lol.
Hopefully will reduce the GBS. Cos Dr did say that the antibiotics has to be taken 4hrs before baby come out so I'm scared if not enough time or anything. :-/

Hi hi mummy /mummy to be ...

Sharing a bit on confinement ...

Today is day 10 of my confinement n I am super tired plus sleepy. ..reason being

1.)I don hv a CL n I kind of regert not getting 1 cos my mum helping me ...I tot is gg be Easy but no...she forgotten how to take care of baby ....In the end I hv tired myself for at nite my mum not much of a help(she is 64 years old btw)...?

2.) I m doing breastfeeding (I allow 1 bott feed of my express milk although not much at nite only) in case causing confusions for baby between bott n breast. ..so it is like whole day sort of meal on demand ...n tt is tired....

In the end I role in my MIL to help also by her coming over at evening time. ..to stay n do the nite shift w me....so tt once I finished breastfeeding,I pass baby to her cum n I can start expressing my milk (cos always feed 1 breast express the other ) ....this way save time ...

So conclusion. ...try to sleep as much as u can now be 4 baby is out n once baby is out...role in as much help (if no CL) as u can..learn to let go (in term of juSt let whoever help u do the stuff like bathing n etc of baby)

Ok I need grab time for power nap. .Jia you to me...

Today is day 10 of my confinement n I am super tired plus sleepy. ..reason being

1.)I don hv a CL n I kind of regert not getting 1 cos my mum helping me ...I tot is gg be Easy but no...she forgotten how to take care of baby ....In the end I hv tired myself for at nite my mum not much of a help(she is 64 years old btw)...?

2.) I m doing breastfeeding (I allow 1 bott feed of my express milk although not much at nite only) in case causing confusions for baby between bott n breast. ..so it is like whole day sort of meal on demand ...n tt is tired....

In the end I role in my MIL to help also by her coming over at evening time. ..to stay n do the nite shift w me....so tt once I finished breastfeeding,I pass baby to her cum n I can start expressing my milk (cos always feed 1 breast express the other ) ....this way save time ...

So conclusion. ...try to sleep as much as u can now be 4 baby is out n once baby is out...role in as much help (if no CL) as u can..learn to let go (in term of juSt let whoever help u do the stuff like bathing n etc of baby)

So nice of you to share this with us despite being so tired le. Jia you mummy!

Oh no.. sounds tiring! Do take care Tsum tsum.

Hehehe, jia you! You will emerge stronger and be equipped with better hands-on on how to take care of your kid. Jia you jia you!

Yalor.. want to improve the GBS. I looked around yesterday and saw optibacs has one for woman which is suitable for pregnant woman. So I bought it and tried lor. It's better than putting a whole garlic down there cos that's what I read online. Ppl actually put a garlic there overnight. Lol.
Hopefully will reduce the GBS. Cos Dr did say that the antibiotics has to be taken 4hrs before baby come out so I'm scared if not enough time or anything. :-/
Oh my god, i wonder if the insides of the vagina will rot with the garlic inside :p
I think before the waterbag break, the anti-biotics have to be taken right because once waterbag bursts, the baby will no longer be in a sterile environment.

Garlic down under? Is this a primitive way of tackling GBS? Will the V-area rot? Will baby come out smelling like Garlic? Oh man!

Can I also check usually by d time baby is about 10 days old how much is his food intake?

Cos trying to fatten him up n but each time my breasts (combine )can only express 20-30ml per time...so cup feeding him wen I dun latch him...dun know can I feed him 40 ml now...

N 1 more question...does formula fatten baby faster? Thanks for d reply 1at mummy/mummy to be.....

Oh my god, i wonder if the insides of the vagina will rot with the garlic inside :p
I think before the waterbag break, the anti-biotics have to be taken right because once waterbag bursts, the baby will no longer be in a sterile environment.

Yalor.. it's yucky right! I think my baby will vomit if I put garlic inside. Lol. I can't even put garlic in my mouth now.. what more down there. Yah.. but what if the waterbag break before I get the anti-biotics?

Garlic down under? Is this a primitive way of tackling GBS? Will the V-area rot? Will baby come out smelling like Garlic? Oh man!

It's not primitive. Some ppl actually do it. Lol. It's yuckkkyyy right. If I do that, I think my baby will come out holding his nose. And the Dr and nurses who are waiting to receive the baby will wonder why got garlic smell!

Can alternate lactogg and vivomaxx?

Garlic is good antibacterial but maybe instead of putting down there, you try chopping, leaving out 10 min then swallowing it with water? I give my boys chopped garlic when they are showing signs of cold.

Can I also check usually by d time baby is about 10 days old how much is his food intake?

Cos trying to fatten him up n but each time my breasts (combine )can only express 20-30ml per time...so cup feeding him wen I dun latch him...dun know can I feed him 40 ml now...

N 1 more question...does formula fatten baby faster? Thanks for d reply 1at mummy/mummy to be.....

Appetite of babies varies. My #1 took about 60ml FM (or 80ml BM) at 2 weeks. #2 took 90ml FM (or 120ml BM) at 2 weeks. You have to watch out for baby's hunger cue to guage de.

I think BF babies are fatter and softer to touch. FM-fed babies have firmer "meat". Your supply will build up if you are latching/expressing regularly. Dun worry, ya? If really not enough, supplement with a bit of FM after the BM. Dun stress yourself up!

Jiayou!! It will get better with time! And yes, rest more and sleep whenever you can. Good thing is at least you still have your mum's and MIL's help, that's better than being alone. Hope you feel better soon!

Garlic is good antibacterial but maybe instead of putting down there, you try chopping, leaving out 10 min then swallowing it with water? I give my boys chopped garlic when they are showing signs of cold.

Ooh thanks.. where can I get lactogg or vivomaxx?

I've had garlic aversion since I got pregnant. Until now garlic and me = nausea. But I did read that garlic is good for GBS. :-/

Ooh thanks.. where can I get lactogg or vivomaxx?

I've had garlic aversion since I got pregnant. Until now garlic and me = nausea. But I did read that garlic is good for GBS. :-/
It's vivomixx! The autocorrect... Can get from guardian or unity. I'm planning to take them in my 3rd trimester..

Thanks for sharing. U are doing great!

Depend on your baby size. Some small eater. My LO big eater. My mother do confinement for me. At night I take care myself. Very tired. At night I gave FM let baby sleep longer. I can catch some sleep too. Daytime BF.

Hi Tsum tsum, thanks for ur sharing. Don't worry u are doing fine!

I also did not have CL for #1 and my mom came over in the day to help.

Maybe this will help:

1. When ur mom is around in the day, try to catch a nap when ur baby is sleeping.

2. My mom also dunno how to take care of baby (i think cos too long ago and in the first place, she had a CL so she nv actually took care of a newborn). My hubby bathed baby in the end. If u are worried, mb u let hubby try? He can watch youtube to learn. My hubby usually had to bathe baby ard 6pm, no choice as he needs to work.

3. If u are really tired u can opt to bottle feed a bit more? However, some babies are ok with both latching and bottle but some are not and end up only want bottle (like my #1). So it is a risk u take if u latch less. Though personally i pumped and bottle fed all the way in the end and did not really find it a problem. Either way u are already doing ur best :)

Maybe you can try feeding 40ml, if he rejects means he's full. Look for other cues 30 min after his milk intake, like touching mouth, rubbing face etc, means he wants to drink milk again.

Formula does fatten baby faster cos of the sugar content. But breast milk is the best for babies.

Hahaha, she said she cannot even put a garlic in her mouth now :p 1 garlic per day is good for general health, but the afterward breath is :O

take care Tsum tsum. thanks for sharing!

Jiayou, gal! It's especially difficult in the beginning but things will get better. =)

My boy was already fed 30ml of FM at Kkh after birth so at day 10 I was feeding him abt 50 ml of BM but had to supplement with 60 ml of FM for some feeds. (Cos supply was lower than demand) I am only giving expressed BM all the while cos bb doesn't like to latch. Dun worry about supplementing with FM. Once ur BM supply picks up, u can stop using FM. When baby latch on, they can actually get more milk than the amount we pump out.

U can slowly increase the amount u feed him to 40 ml and see if he can finish it.

I dun think FM babies are fatten faster. It's just that they get to drink more in the beginning. So it seems like they get bigger more quickly. Some of my friends with big babies feed their babies only with BM.

Try to get enough rest when u can. Take naps in the day when baby is sleeping.

Tsum, maybe either u up your BF or cut short the interval like every 1.5hrs. Both baby n you r still adjusting. Normally I up the milk by 10ml for abt 1wks to montior same interval. At night I slowly adjust n drag the interval after baby is abt 1mths old.

hmmmm, according to the consultants from the 2 private banks i spoke to, i remember they did say there's a small percentage for contamination cos the birthing environment is not sterile, and they will call to inform us if there's contamination and it's our choice if wanna continue storing or discard cos in life and death scenario, doctor can issue antibiotics to fight the contamination if need to use la..
Yup, agree with you.... For all my friends who have stored cord blood, including myself for my first child, we have not had any contamination cases though. Anyway i rather the company be truthful to me than to bluff me that it is suitable and continue storing and continue charging me... Imagine when you need it and it is actually spoilt... Anyway, my friend did mention about her regrets for not storing cord blood when her doctor asked for it when her child needs a transplant - guess it's impt to think through.

Yup, agree with you.... For all my friends who have stored cord blood, including myself for my first child, we have not had any contamination cases though. Anyway i rather the company be truthful to me than to bluff me that it is suitable and continue storing and continue charging me... Imagine when you need it and it is actually spoilt... Anyway, my friend did mention about her regrets for not storing cord blood when her doctor asked for it when her child needs a transplant - guess it's impt to think through.
But usually if the kid has genetic problems, wouldn't the cord blood be not suitable cos it came from the kid himself?

Me too confused. Don't know want cordlife, stemcord or don't put.
I think you can try to speak to their consultants and understand more? Me and my friends chose Cordlife, we all had good experiences with them as they were not pushy and have alot of experience and a great reputation. I would want to choose some place that is more stable la...

But usually if the kid has genetic problems, wouldn't the cord blood be not suitable cos it came from the kid himself?

That's what I thought too. The girl told me for sibling is only a 50 percent match. So is better i buy for two for twins. I don't know if it's marketing also. Still thinking whether to buy.

That's what I thought too. The girl told me for sibling is only a 50 percent match. So is better i buy for two for twins. I don't know if it's marketing also. Still thinking whether to buy.
If it makes you feel more assured, I think you should buy

Hang on there babe! Everyone also tells me the initial 1st 2 months are generally tougher esp for 1st time parents but you'll still survive somehow but just more zombified haha. You're doing a great job already. Jia you ok!

I bought for 2 also coz even twins, their DNA make ups are also different. I see it as buying like an insurance. Hope that don't have to use in future but touchwood if the need arises, I won't start questioning myself why I didn't store it during then. And for twins since we can't donate anyway & our financial means allows (can deduct from cda also), we decided to store for a peace of mind. I remember our edd abt the same? Probably u gota make a decision soon. I damn kiasu...already packed in the cord life boxes into my hospital bag! Haha

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah?

Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah?

Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.
I'm still on duphaston, seeing gynae on 16th may (12+ weeks), will ask him if I need to continue taking (my supply till 20+ May). How come your appt so long? 6 weeks apart?

I bought for 2 also coz even twins, their DNA make ups are also different. I see it as buying like an insurance. Hope that don't have to use in future but touchwood if the need arises, I won't start questioning myself why I didn't store it during then. And for twins since we can't donate anyway & our financial means allows (can deduct from cda also), we decided to store for a peace of mind. I remember our edd abt the same? Probably u gota make a decision soon. I damn kiasu...already packed in the cord life boxes into my hospital bag! Haha

Wow U are fast haha. I will ask Dr Loh on next consult n decide from there. Twin 2 charge lower right.

Back