September 2016 Mummies!

Hello mummies to be...
I am new here and am at my 17 Week today. So very excited. After 2 mc this one becomes even more precious. My little one EDD is on 26 Sept. Can I also be added into the Facebook thread please? My email is [email protected]

Thank you.

Thank you. Congrats to you too!
Eh... but I just started my 17th week today. The date was given by kkh. Although the previously when I had my first scan with a PD, he gave my EDD as 2nd Oct. How huh? Will the dates still change?

hm, that's strange. My EDD originally given by doctor is 26 Sept. During first screening another doctor adjusted it to 25 Sept, but that is not very significant. After I entered the EDD into the phone app, it shows how many weeks I'm now and according to the app today I have started week 18, meaning 17 weeks and 1 day.

I'm also with KKH now, but may switch to NUH later.

Thank you. Congrats to you too!
Eh... but I just started my 17th week today. The date was given by kkh. Although the previously when I had my first scan with a PD, he gave my EDD as 2nd Oct. How huh? Will the dates still change?
hm, that's strange. My EDD originally given by doctor is 26 Sept. During first screening another doctor adjusted it to 25 Sept, but that is not very significant. After I entered the EDD into the phone app, it shows how many weeks I'm now and according to the app today I have started week 18, meaning 17 weeks and 1 day.

I think our EDDs will keep changing until baby's development rate is more stabilized...maybe by end of 2nd trimester.
Right now, my EDD is also fluctuating....When I had my check-up last Thurs, the recept nurse was arranging my appt for Week 20 scan, she asked me my EDD.
I told her I'm confused about my EDD liao :D......During 2nd scan doc told me 23/9/2016 & week 12 scan doc told me 25/9/2015...now dunno.
So nurse just put as 23/9/2016 based on initial calculation :p. I think EDD floating within a week range is ok ba.

Oh ya...the way EDD is calculated is slightly different for different platform/people.
If you try calculating the EDD using different websites or phone apps, the result is different even though what we input is the same.

I think our EDDs will keep changing until baby's development rate is more stabilized...maybe by end of 2nd trimester.
Right now, my EDD is also fluctuating....When I had my check-up last Thurs, the recept nurse was arranging my appt for Week 20 scan, she asked me my EDD.
I told her I'm confused about my EDD liao :D......During 2nd scan doc told me 23/9/2016 & week 12 scan doc told me 25/9/2015...now dunno.
So nurse just put as 23/9/2016 based on initial calculation :p. I think EDD floating within a week range is ok ba.

When I went to a private Dr.. he told me my EDD is 2nd Oct. And scheduled me to visit on my 10 week. Which was the same arranged date as kkh. So when I got scan at kkh.. they told me EDD is 26 Sept and at my 11 week already. Kkh say its based on sized of baby. So till now I am still confused. Hopefully as u all advised.. the date can be more confirmed by 3rd tri.

When I went to a private Dr.. he told me my EDD is 2nd Oct. And scheduled me to visit on my 10 week. Which was the same arranged date as kkh. So when I got scan at kkh.. they told me EDD is 26 Sept and at my 11 week already. Kkh say its based on sized of baby. So till now I am still confused. Hopefully as u all advised.. the date can be more confirmed by 3rd tri.

I think I came across somewhere or overheard from gynae (failing memory now) something like the ultra-scanning machine will auto calculate our gestation week based on the baby's scanned measurements...And from there the machine can also calculate the EDD at that point of scanning. True?

http://www.babycenter.in/x1045342/m...-to-my-stage-of-pregnancy-what-does-this-mean

I heard that the gestational age of the foetus is more precisely identified during the early weeks, maybe 1st or 2nd scan. Because after this each baby may be gaining weight and growing at slightly different pace, so may look larger than other baby of the same age. But when he/she is 10 weeks old or less, it's quite easy for doctor to measure the size and find out the age.
However, I heard a stories when the EDD was adjusted as much as 4 weeks during 3rd ultrasound (20 weeks+). so, I guess you don't need to worry if the date shift a bit here or there, after all it's only an Estimation date.

oh, btw, just to update that I've attended a seminar in NUH about the natural birth and completely made up my mind about it. :) now even my husband supports me now, even though before he had concerns that NUH is too far from our place and he's not familiar with this hospital.
Of course it is too early to predict if I need any intervention, like C-section or anything else. But I hope everything will go well and I end up giving birth without any medication. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

oh, btw, just to update that I've attended a seminar in NUH about the natural birth and completely made up my mind about it. :) now even my husband supports me now, even though before he had concerns that NUH is too far from our place and he's not familiar with this hospital.
Of course it is too early to predict if I need any intervention, like C-section or anything else. But I hope everything will go well and I end up giving birth without any medication. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

I admire your courage to go 100% natural! Jiayou!!! ;)
Is it going to be hypnobirth?

P3riwinkl3, thanks, but nothing to admire yet. :) only the intention is there, still a long way to go.... :D
It can be done via hypnobirth, for that need to attend a special prenatal classes. But I think I will go for simple one, no hypnosis.. :)

Have you made up your mind about your labour? I remember you were planning for epidural, right?

@Lititia , ya....I was initially thinking about natural + epidural only...... BUT..... now I'm seriously thinking about C-sect :p.

My logic is...natural birth (regardless with epi or not) will be more dramatic (water bag burst, bloody show, painful urination & moving bowel after birth, etc).
Whereas for C-sect, the pain is localized at the incision area only and less drama since I can schedule my C-sect beforehand...At most take painkillers during the first few days after C-sect :D.
Another logic is....in case I take too long for natural birth...I may end up having emergency C-sect anyway, so might as well do elective C-sect....If not hospital will charge twice for natural + E.csect for private hospital.

Then...I have my dilemma if I go C-sect:
(1) I will never know what labour pain is like or the actual delivery process...defeat the purpose of giving birth leh
(2) C-sect may affect my future birth plans (VBAC may not be easy, may need to C-sect again for future births)
(3) C-sect may injure my womb and affect my ability to conceive later on

So how???? I really need someone/something to hypnotize me to block off my fear for pain.
Even my hubby thinks I should go C-sect la cos he knows my threshold for pain is basically non-existent :D:p

Hello mummies to be...
I am new here and am at my 17 Week today. So very excited. After 2 mc this one becomes even more precious. My little one EDD is on 26 Sept. Can I also be added into the Facebook thread please? My email is [email protected]

Thank you.
Hi all the mummies to be here! I'm new here and my EDD is 28th of sept. Happy to join this forum and Pls add me to fb group: [email protected] Thanks!
Invites to the FB group have been sent to both of you!

P3riwinkl3, if you think that C-section is right for you, then go for it.
Most important that you were satisfied with your birth experience, and it does not mean that you have to go for natural and tolerate the pain. Everybody's pain threshold is different, if you cannot take it, don't torture yourself.
Plus, C-section is so easy to plan, (if it's planned), so why not to use this advantage.

Most important that you were satisfied with your birth experience, and it does not mean that you have to go for natural and tolerate the pain. Everybody's pain threshold is different, if you cannot take it, don't torture yourself.
Plus, C-section is so easy to plan, (if it's planned), so why not to use this advantage.

Aiyah...I'm still half-minded la...Keep telling myself so many women can do vaginal birth and survive, why can't I...lolx
I'll probably keep ding-donging until the very last min when my gynae asks me how I wanna give birth....maybe I'll toss a coin at that moment to decide my fate :D

Hi anybody is diagnosed with hypertension due to pregnancy? I am asked by my gyn to get med frm my family doc since she doesnt have them..in the end i ended up seeing a gyn from kkh for my med. Now it seems like i need to follow thru 2 gyns..:( nt forgetting i am paying pte rate at kkh too cause i walk in on wkend where the rates r pte charges n follow ups there after r gng b pte rates tooo_O

Aiyah...I'm still half-minded la...Keep telling myself so many women can do vaginal birth and survive, why can't I...lolx
I'll probably keep ding-donging until the very last min when my gynae asks me how I wanna give birth....maybe I'll toss a coin at that moment to decide my fate :D

Hello, everyone is different, other ppl can do it does not mean you will be able to do it OR/AND want to do it. It is a private decision that you will have to make for yourself and please do not let other ppl affect your choice ya. As long as you are happy can liao.

A few things to consider are as follows:

1) Natural child birth usually cost less then C Section

2) C Section usually will stay in hospital 1 day longer then natural

3) Recovery from natural is typically faster then C Section

4) Elective C Section means you can choose your baby birth date. This bring me to another point that you will not be able to wait till the very very last minute to inform your gynac your preferred choice beco if you want to do elective C Section, he will need to book a time slot of himself and also operating theatre in advance for you.

All the best

Hi All,

First post here... =)
Looking forward to get to know you all.
I'm in my 18th weeks now... ^_^
haven't confirmed baby's gender.. hopefully we'll know in the detailed scan next week! ;)

Last edited:
Hi JnJ_jnj, welcome.
wow, you have your detailed scan is pretty early. is it going to be your 19th week when you have it?
I also have in week 19+. Can't wait to see!

My detailed scan will be on my 19w + 6d so almost 20weeks
Yup very excited!!!
Where will you have yours?
Mine will be at Mt E Novena.. But haven't decided which hospital to deliver..

JnJ_jnj, mine is also around that time, almost 20 weeks. I'm with KKH now, but also have not decided where to deliver. Do you have any labour special preferences - epidural, c-section etc?

Hi all, this thread seems to have quieten down lately. Let's revive it again..lolx.

Any mums did their week 20 detailed scan yet?
I'm doing mine this Saturday...feeling a little jittery about it. Hopefully everything is fine with my little one. :)

Where are u going for detailed scan? I am going for my detailed scan on Friday. Heard that tmc will provide cd-rom of the pictures. Any idea if MA does?

My gynae is with MA, but he arranged for me to go TMC for the week 20 scan, saying their equipment is better.
My girlfriend's doc (she just delivered at Mt E Novena) also arranged her to get scanned at TMC. Maybe TMC is the 1-stop place to do this scan ba.

My gynae say can do at his clinic or MA. We chose MA as we also booked the maternity tour. I also read that most ppl go for detailed scan at tmc. I also paid so will stick to MA then. Looking forward to know if it's boy or girl! Last 2 scan at gynae'S clinic, baby's leg was blocking.

I also have detailed scan this Friday. The closer the date, the more nervous I feel... Hopefully everything will be fine.

Dun worry, I am sure all will be well for all of us. I am looking forward to see the little one during the scan! And yes, hope baby don't be shy

I also have detailed scan this Friday. The closer the date, the more nervous I feel... Hopefully everything will be fine.
Dun worry, I am sure all will be well for all of us. I am looking forward to see the little one during the scan! And yes, hope baby don't be shy

Yup, let's think positive and hope for the best results for our detailed scan.
Hopefully my happiness & positive vibes from my recent holiday will rub off on my baby and she is growing well happily...hahaha

Hello all mummies,
I just did my 20-week scan today, all good, thank god! :) Baby was in position so the scan didn't take long. So happy got to see the little one. All the best to those going for their scans soon.
How are you all doing? Enjoying baby movements a lot these days? :D

Yup, let's think positive and hope for the best results for our detailed scan.
Hopefully my happiness & positive vibes from my recent holiday will rub off on my baby and she is growing well happily...hahaha
Happy mummy = happy baby :) Where did you go for holiday?

Hello all mummies,
I just did my 20-week scan today, all good, thank god! :) Baby was in position so the scan didn't take long. So happy got to see the little one. All the best to those going for their scans soon.
How are you all doing? Enjoying baby movements a lot these days? :D
Happy mummy = happy baby :) Where did you go for holiday?

Hi @Elm ,
Happy for you that your scan went well. :) How long does the scan takes? Anything we need to note beforehand?
I read that we may need to fill our bladder so that the sonographer can see better?

Baby movements:
I think starting early this week, I started sensing a bit more activities at my lower abdomen area...Like there's a pinball game inside me (tugging and pulling) but I don't really feel much externally when I place my hand at my lower abdomen. 2-3 nights ago I thought I felt something externally, told my hubby to try and feel it but he can't differentiate if it's me or the baby moving...hahaha.

And nowadays, I get backaches and slight cramps...mostly when I slp lousily or after walking/standing a bit too long.
Plus I need to place a cushion between my knees while slping on my sides & I also need to elevate my legs when I slp...else my legs and knees will hurt or feel weird...I wonder is it due to water retention or poor blood circulation.

Holiday:
I went Tasmania F&E self drive with my hubby, sis, mother and mil....weird combo I know. But I'm lucky to have 2 experienced mothers looking after a pregnant me. :p
Cos we booked the plane tickets way back before I found out I was pregnant, we decided to go ahead with it anyway.
Amazingly, I could still do 1-3hrs hiking/long walks when coming to 5mths preggy, just that I was moving a bit slower and being supported like a dowager up and down steps/slopes...wahahaha:D
Overall we had a great time and this will probably be my last overseas holiday until my little one is ready to fly when she's older :(

Hi @Elm ,
Happy for you that your scan went well. :) How long does the scan takes? Anything we need to note beforehand?
I read that we may need to fill our bladder so that the sonographer can see better?

Baby movements:
I think starting early this week, I started sensing a bit more activities at my lower abdomen area...Like there's a pinball game inside me (tugging and pulling) but I don't really feel much externally when I place my hand at my lower abdomen. 2-3 nights ago I thought I felt something externally, told my hubby to try and feel it but he can't differentiate if it's me or the baby moving...hahaha.

And nowadays, I get backaches and slight cramps...mostly when I slp lousily or after walking/standing a bit too long.
Plus I need to place a cushion between my knees while slping on my sides & I also need to elevate my legs when I slp...else my legs and knees will hurt or feel weird...I wonder is it due to water retention or poor blood circulation.

Holiday:
I went Tasmania F&E self drive with my hubby, sis, mother and mil....weird combo I know. But I'm lucky to have 2 experienced mothers looking after a pregnant me. :p
Cos we booked the plane tickets way back before I found out I was pregnant, we decided to go ahead with it anyway.
Amazingly, I could still do 1-3hrs hiking/long walks when coming to 5mths preggy, just that I was moving a bit slower and being supported like a dowager up and down steps/slopes...wahahaha:D
Overall we had a great time and this will probably be my last overseas holiday until my little one is ready to fly when she's older :(
Hi P3riwinkl3,
My scan took me around 15 mins. Ya, do drink more water before the scan to fill your bladder. I drank quite a lot of water about 30-45 mins before the scan.

About baby movements, don't worry I'm sure you will feel it soon enough :)

I think the backaches and cramps are normal. I also try to sleep on my sides these days...will usually put a pillow between my legs too and another one behind my back, I find the one behind my back quite useful when I sleep. I also feel a bit more ache at my pelvic area, like my belly is getting heavier type of feel. Oh well we better enjoy our body now as it will get heavier and probably more uncomfortable soon :)

Hi @Elm,
Speaking of baby movement, I finally felt an obvious nudge yesterday. I was lying on my bed watching TV while waiting for dinner to be ready and I placed my hand on my left lower abdomen.
At that instant, baby pushed my tummy at that area causing my skin to protrude outwards onto my hand....So surreal!!! :D Think she's telling me she wanted dinner liao...hahaha

Amazed by how much details we can see from the bscan..bb was very cooperative! Finished within 25mins and sonagrapher mentioned that the bb was active.

Back