IVF at KKH

Hi ladies, just had my first consultation at kkh today. I went in as private and was ordered to do some blood tests today. Previously, i was with dr SF loh of TFC but decided to switch to kkh after reading up on cofunding for ivf. I believe that we have unexplained fertility since the tests with dr loh all came back normal but I lost some of the test results and hence had to retake again today at kkh.

Was assigned Dr Khong CC and realized that there wasn't much gd reviews (mostly bad ones) of him on this forum. Not sure if I can ask to switch doctor for next visit? I was told to return 1 month later for an ultrasound and he would review the blood test results with me and see if I need to get a scope or not.

Want to find out what is the usual procedure for kkh before they decide if you are suitable for iui/ivf? Would it be better for me to stay on at kkh while they try to find out the cause of my infertility? Cus there is a small part of me that is thinking of returning to dr loh but if I were to eventually do ivf, cost would be a factor and i would prefer to use the cofund and medisave at kkh.

If money is a factor, think KKH will be a better choice as I do not think that under Dr Loh frm TFC we r able to use Medisave :)

If money is a factor, think KKH will be a better choice as I do not think that under Dr Loh frm TFC we r able to use Medisave :)

I was thinking of proceeding with IUI with Dr Loh from TFC and should it be unsuccessful after a few tries, then go for IVF at KKH.
I understand that medisave (for both IUI & IVF) can be used for both private and public hospitals, just that only cofunding for IVF is available at only public hospitals.

I was thinking of proceeding with IUI with Dr Loh from TFC and should it be unsuccessful after a few tries, then go for IVF at KKH.
I understand that medisave (for both IUI & IVF) can be used for both private and public hospitals, just that only cofunding for IVF is available at only public hospitals.
Not always the case.. some private gynaes dont allow u to use medisave, some do. Gotta check with ur gynae on the clinic's policy. My prev gynae in tmc didnt allow use of medisave for iui.

Think this is the links for TFC IVF Package cost :) http://thomsonfertility.com.sg/ivf-package/

However will still be better to call n check.
But if price is a factor it will still be better to go KKH cos the cost per consultation will still be cheaper than TFC. :)

KKH consultation for private is S$88.81 for subsequent visits , Dr Loh charges S$100 (before GST) for subsequent visits... think I'd rather pay for the $19+ difference to see Dr Loh first.
Just made appt with him and if he recommends, will go through iui first there. Crossing my fingers, I won't have to do IVF at all but if I have to, I will return to KKH. Thanks for your help so far! :)

KKH consultation for private is S$88.81 for subsequent visits , Dr Loh charges S$100 (before GST) for subsequent visits... think I'd rather pay for the $19+ difference to see Dr Loh first.
Just made appt with him and if he recommends, will go through iui first there. Crossing my fingers, I won't have to do IVF at all but if I have to, I will return to KKH. Thanks for your help so far! :)
@cottonbunbun no point paying for high fees for consultation as they only read out to you according to the report and give u the standard advise. more ever, the check are not perform by them. i went to kkh consultation through referral and each consultation cost $37 subsidies price

@cottonbunbun no point paying for high fees for consultation as they only read out to you according to the report and give u the standard advise. more ever, the check are not perform by them. i went to kkh consultation through referral and each consultation cost $37 subsidies price

Looks like i should have gone for polyclinic referral first. Wasted $200+ at kkh yesterday, Dr was being hurried to rush to another appt via phone. Paid 132 for that 5 mins consultation. Totally not worth my money at all!

Hi! Which doctor you see?

Was assigned Dr Khong CC. He seemed OK not as bad as what the reviews have shown but it is only 1 visit. I don't want to jeopardize a wrong diagnosis or anything so I'm still pretty wary.
However, still not totally worth the $ paid unless you go as subsidized patient. Dr Loh charges $150 for initial consultation but at least he did an ultrasound scan for me on my first appt and was not rushing off.

Was assigned Dr Khong CC. He seemed OK not as bad as what the reviews have shown but it is only 1 visit. I don't want to jeopardize a wrong diagnosis or anything so I'm still pretty wary.
However, still not totally worth the $ paid unless you go as subsidized patient. Dr Loh charges $150 for initial consultation but at least he did an ultrasound scan for me on my first appt and was not rushing off.

I see. :) Yap, no doubt subsidised patient pay much cheaper consultation rate as compared to private patients. But as subsidised patient, we don't get to choose the Dr that we like. So it all depends on yr comfort level. Hehe.

Err this is untrue. Advice differs greatly according to each doctor for infertility.
Also for private doctors, all scans are performed by the doctor and it's routine to have a scan every visit.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, just had my first consultation at kkh today. I went in as private and was ordered to do some blood tests today. Previously, i was with dr SF loh of TFC but decided to switch to kkh after reading up on cofunding for ivf. I believe that we have unexplained fertility since the tests with dr loh all came back normal but I lost some of the test results and hence had to retake again today at kkh.

Was assigned Dr Khong CC and realized that there wasn't much gd reviews (mostly bad ones) of him on this forum. Not sure if I can ask to switch doctor for next visit? I was told to return 1 month later for an ultrasound and he would review the blood test results with me and see if I need to get a scope or not.

Want to find out what is the usual procedure for kkh before they decide if you are suitable for iui/ivf? Would it be better for me to stay on at kkh while they try to find out the cause of my infertility? Cus there is a small part of me that is thinking of returning to dr loh but if I were to eventually do ivf, cost would be a factor and i would prefer to use the cofund and medisave at kkh.
I was Dr SF Loh patient. He suggested us to go kkh for ivf n even helped me write a letter to c Dr Tan Heng Hao. Did Dr Loh suggest iui/ivf for u? no harm seeking a 2nd opinion, I thought.
Dr Loh told me his charges not cheap. Bout $15k for my case. So he ask me go kkh since there is cofund.
Hope ya check at kkh oso norm. Then u dun have to go thru the costly cycles.

I was Dr SF Loh patient. He suggested us to go kkh for ivf n even helped me write a letter to c Dr Tan Heng Hao. Did Dr Loh suggest iui/ivf for u? no harm seeking a 2nd opinion, I thought.
Dr Loh told me his charges not cheap. Bout $15k for my case. So he ask me go kkh since there is cofund.
Hope ya check at kkh oso norm. Then u dun have to go thru the costly cycles.

I'm returning to Dr Loh to see what he suggests. We have tried only natural with clomid so far as per Dr Loh's previous advice. I read that if private dr write referral letter, kkh will still take you as a private patient. Is this true for you? I suspect that we have unexplained fertility but will see what Dr Loh says at our next appt. Have you gone to kkh yet for your ivf?

I'm returning to Dr Loh to see what he suggests. We have tried only natural with clomid so far as per Dr Loh's previous advice. I read that if private dr write referral letter, kkh will still take you as a private patient. Is this true for you? I suspect that we have unexplained fertility but will see what Dr Loh says at our next appt. Have you gone to kkh yet for your ivf?
Yup. I'm a private patient at kkh. But at least my doc is Dr Tan Heng Hao. I'm alr into my 2nd ivf cycle.

I dont think Dr Khong CC is with the Reproductive Medicine team at KKH. Why were u assigned to him? Sorry did u asked for him?

I dont think Dr Khong CC is with the Reproductive Medicine team at KKH. Why were u assigned to him? Sorry did u asked for him?

I had called in the appt hotline, requesting an appointment for the fertility clinic. I think I was assigned to him to check if I'm suitable to be referred to kkhivf. I suppose this is the usual procedure or am I doing something wrong?

yes it does, because of the residue that is stuck inside and near the opening. If the clumps drops out you will feel better.
Yes! I'll only feel beta after there is some discharge.
Only 4th day on crinone n I wash my vagina 3 times a day cos I can't stand the itch.
Smtimes I'll feel sore oso. It's ok rite?

Yes! I'll only feel beta after there is some discharge.
Only 4th day on crinone n I wash my vagina 3 times a day cos I can't stand the itch.
Smtimes I'll feel sore oso. It's ok rite?
Ya it's normal just wash regularly. It will help ease the itch!

Ya it's normal just wash regularly. It will help ease the itch!
Thank you! I really hope this time works. Previous cycle there was no implantation when I was using utrogestan but a lot of discharge even when I pee. This time crinone seems beta except for the itch...

Hi, I will be starting IVF at KKH in jul. Can I find out how long is the hospitalisation leave given by KKH? Is it 19 days from ER? Also, the injections will start from 2/3 day of mense and last for 14 days. And 2 days later ER? Is this correct?

Hi, I will be starting IVF at KKH in jul. Can I find out how long is the hospitalisation leave given by KKH? Is it 19 days from ER? Also, the injections will start from 2/3 day of mense and last for 14 days. And 2 days later ER? Is this correct?
I got 3 wks HL after ER. Jabs will depend on ya response to the med. ET is 2 days after ER.

I had called in the appt hotline, requesting an appointment for the fertility clinic. I think I was assigned to him to check if I'm suitable to be referred to kkhivf. I suppose this is the usual procedure or am I doing something wrong?

Babe all i know that in kkh, there are doctors for gynae probs and then theres doctors for infertility probs. Dr Khong is with the general O&G team. You can check this out at KKH website. He probably can advise for your gynae probs if any. For infertility, theres the Reproduction Medicine team headed by Dr Tan Heng Hao.

Just sharing yah. :)

Babe all i know that in kkh, there are doctors for gynae probs and then theres doctors for infertility probs. Dr Khong is with the general O&G team. You can check this out at KKH website. He probably can advise for your gynae probs if any. For infertility, theres the Reproduction Medicine team headed by Dr Tan Heng Hao.

Sorry I meant Reproductive Medicine. :D

I got 3 wks HL after ER. Jabs will depend on ya response to the med. ET is 2 days after ER.
3 weeks??? why urs so long? I thought normally is 2 weeks or they give is case to case basis?

Mine is July and I am thinking how to pass the time for the HL period....

Good morning everyone!
Any advice if cardio exercise (Zumba, etc) still can be done once the IVF process starts?
Having mix advise from people, some say continue, some discourage ....

Maybe I should call in to change dr but probably going to get referral from polyclinic if I decided to continue at kkh. I shall see what Dr Loh says first since next appt with KKH is only in June.

Good morning everyone!
Any advice if cardio exercise (Zumba, etc) still can be done once the IVF process starts?
Having mix advise from people, some say continue, some discourage ....

hah, if you ask me...... I will say no..... not because it is bad for the eggs but it is more of our ovaries will swell up due to the many eggs growing inside us. If your movement is overly intense, you may twist your ovaries. then you may be in trouble...... there are instances where it happened, you can check with the doc. light exercises are still ok!

Hi @ateo2290 how long did u wait to get the date for ivf?

Hi @ateo2290 , I aso starting mine in July...

Think KK give 2 weeks HL and start from ET. Normally jabs will start from CD 2 onwards and depends ur is short protocol or long protocol..ET will happen at least 2 days after the ER

Sky, wah 3 weeks HL? 2 days for ER and 19 days after ET is it? Total 21.
I didn't exactly count the no. of days. But my HL started from the day of ER 28 apr. 3wks later 17 May am going back for blood test which is the last day of my HL.
Previous cycle only given 2 wks. So I Guess it really depends.

Hi Fel C, I saw dr tth on 12 apr and 2 weeks later, the nurse called to schedule briefing on 8 jun and IVF in jul..

Hi all,
Would like to share my experience here. I went through 3 rounds of ivf ( 1 fresh, 2 frozen) at NUH under prof Wong ( who is experienced understanding n kind). Achieved BFP for first 2 cycles but unfortunately miscarried by week 8.
The last cycle I just did resulted in BFN.
Very disappointed and frustrated as I've been trying since 2014! And I"ll be 37 soon. My hub and mum feels that I should change ivf clinic to kkh as they seem to achieve higher success rates.
So I've booked appt with dr tan HH on 12 May. It seems like waiting time to start ivf at kkh is 3 months? That means I can only start earliest aug :( because at NUH there is no waiting list and I could start almost immediately. I guess that speaks for itself in terms of volume of patients.
So what do you guys think? Should I stick to NUH with shorter waiting time n familiarity/comfort or plunge myself into a different hospital ( prob have to go through tests all over again plus briefing blah blah) in hope that I achieve better results n break through this unlucky streak?
Whatever it is, i will keep trying until I have a baby in my arms.. Hopefully soon. Haiz...

Hi all,
Would like to share my experience here. I went through 3 rounds of ivf ( 1 fresh, 2 frozen) at NUH under prof Wong ( who is experienced understanding n kind). Achieved BFP for first 2 cycles but unfortunately miscarried by week 8.
The last cycle I just did resulted in BFN.
Very disappointed and frustrated as I've been trying since 2014! And I"ll be 37 soon. My hub and mum feels that I should change ivf clinic to kkh as they seem to achieve higher success rates.
So I've booked appt with dr tan HH on 12 May. It seems like waiting time to start ivf at kkh is 3 months? That means I can only start earliest aug :( because at NUH there is no waiting list and I could start almost immediately. I guess that speaks for itself in terms of volume of patients.
So what do you guys think? Should I stick to NUH with shorter waiting time n familiarity/comfort or plunge myself into a different hospital ( prob have to go through tests all over again plus briefing blah blah) in hope that I achieve better results n break through this unlucky streak?
Whatever it is, i will keep trying until I have a baby in my arms.. Hopefully soon. Haiz...
Hi @Ganbit i did my IUI in NUH since i had history of endometrosis back in 2010. So i thot i would just stick with NUH since they have my medical records.. But i wasnt convinced with NUH procedure. it cost way cheaper and i was not prescribed any medication after the procedure. There's also no follow up for blood test etc. So i decided to change to KKH as i heard so much success stories. I just had 2nd IUI in April and will be starting my IVF in June..

Perhaps u might want to give ur body 3 mths rest in that case. Yes i know time is passing but u must believe that the best thing is worth waiting. If u r meant to be a mom.. U will be.. One fine day. I know people all ard are getting pregnant and some with irritating mouth.. U have to be strong and let go. U alr know that u can be pregnant. Perhaps the time is not right yet. Dont be disheartened or discouraged. If u feel that way.. Just remember there r still people out there who couldnt bear a child probably due to medical reasons who has to face what we r facing for who knows how long.. So i hope this sharing makes u feel better..?

Hi twoonethree,

Thanks for sharing, yes I decided to continue at NUH due to my medical records being there too. Also because I had frozen embryos left over from first cycle.
Anyway nothing is holding me back now so I look forward to appt at KKH next week n see what Dr tan says.
And yea it sure feels horrible to hear pregnancy announcements all around me.. I guess what made me even more resentful is that I took sabbatical leave for last month's ivf n yet it didn't work.
Good luck for your ivf and update if u can..

Hi twoonethree,

Thanks for sharing, yes I decided to continue at NUH due to my medical records being there too. Also because I had frozen embryos left over from first cycle.
Anyway nothing is holding me back now so I look forward to appt at KKH next week n see what Dr tan says.
And yea it sure feels horrible to hear pregnancy announcements all around me.. I guess what made me even more resentful is that I took sabbatical leave for last month's ivf n yet it didn't work.
Good luck for your ivf and update if u can..

Hi Ganbit, for your previous MC, did you ask NUH to investigate the reason for MC? I assumed they did your D/C? If so they can take the tissues to investigate what happened. Like my cousin who also miscarried at KKH after IVF, the doc did an investigation after D/C. Turns out the it was a chromosome defect.

Actually a 3 months break may be good for resting and rebuilding. no point to keep going for cycles in between short periods if body is not ready. I have personally went through 4 cycles. no BFP except cycle 4 but pregnancy location unknown, in the end have to terminate.

Now i am also taking a 3 months break before going back to try my 5th cycle. I am taking supplements and trying to rebuild back my body! Trust your instincts to go for the clinic. Also, medical records can be transferred and I know interhospitals can do it easier (private excluded Mount E, Glen) Dont worry about medical history. As long as you re-update everything to your new doc, it is fine. I have switched hospital and labs as well. Good luck!

Hi muff,
First MC I did a d&c at a pte hospital n the doc says most likely is a once off so not advisable to test tissues as it's costly. 2nd MC I opted to pass it out on my own as didn't want another invasive procedure.
After the 2 MC, I was referred to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic at NUH. Prof mahesh choolani has a clinic consultation there once every month. After very intensive tests, everything turned out normal for me n hub. So basically is unexplained MC n infertility.
Yup I'll definitely update the new doc on everything n have gotten hold of most of my test reports . Looking on the bright side, I know nothing is medically wrong with us n I managed to get pregnant after all.
Are u at kkh too? Good luck for your next cycle too and rest well!

Hi muff,
First MC I did a d&c at a pte hospital n the doc says most likely is a once off so not advisable to test tissues as it's costly. 2nd MC I opted to pass it out on my own as didn't want another invasive procedure.
After the 2 MC, I was referred to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic at NUH. Prof mahesh choolani has a clinic consultation there once every month. After very intensive tests, everything turned out normal for me n hub. So basically is unexplained MC n infertility.
Yup I'll definitely update the new doc on everything n have gotten hold of most of my test reports . Looking on the bright side, I know nothing is medically wrong with us n I managed to get pregnant after all.
Are u at kkh too? Good luck for your next cycle too and rest well!

Ya at KKH. Always unexplained. hahahah unexplained is sian........ thanks and good luck for your consult!

how are u @muff still went back for BT? did your hcg drop? didnt come in here for a while so don noe how u are doing.

thanks jennycsy! Dropped to zero liao i guess. he only ask me do urine test on Tuesday it was negative le. Finally!!!!!!!!

thanks jennycsy! Dropped to zero liao i guess. he only ask me do urine test on Tuesday it was negative le. Finally!!!!!!!!
I see. which means you could start off with another ivf cycle in 3 months time? I got call from KKH yesterday and they given me a slot for my 2nd cycle in August.. :( which i see Dr THH in April.. Got to wait for so long.

I see. which means you could start off with another ivf cycle in 3 months time? I got call from KKH yesterday and they given me a slot for my 2nd cycle in August.. :( which i see Dr THH in April.. Got to wait for so long.
ya, july is full liao...... they called me yesterday also to slot me for August! :D

Back