Please help to choose NUH gynea

Lititia

Hi ladies.

I'm planning to switch to NUH during my late pregnancy and now trying to choose a gynea. I was given a list of NUH doctors who support natural birth, but since I'm not familiar with any of them, can you help me to choose?

Anyone had any experience with the following doctors?

Female:
Dr Vanaja (Senior Consultant) ?
Dr Anupriya (Consultant) ?
Dr Citra (Consultant) ?

Male:
Prof Chong Yap Seng (Senior Consultant) - read reviews that his consultations are always very rushing and he's not very attentive with clients. Anyone can confirm it?

Prof Mahesh (Senior Consultant) ?
Dr Tan Eng Kien (Senior Consultant) ?
Dr Lim Min Yu (Consultant) ?
Dr Ng Ying Woo (Consultant) ?

thank you.

Hi I recommend Dr Ng Ying Woo. Although he is just a consultant but he is the best gynae I met so far, always so encouraging and he used the best techniques whether is it surgical skills or the medicine he used. Previously I always go for senior consultant but they didn't cure me of my fibroid agony. Hence, I was not able to conceive. Dr Ng Ying Woo helped me to remove my fibroid through just a single hole laparoscopy (He is the only doctor in Singapore doing a songle hole laparoscopy besides another private doctor and I manage to conceive within 9 months. This is despite a famous Chinese physician said that with my health I won't be able to conceive. This has been a six years wait for me. I just gave birth and I am really greatful to him so want to say a good word about him.

Hi Amberrabbit, thank you, I will check him out. I also heard that many senior consultant are too rushing and too busy to attend to the patient fully. Though, it might be a general problem for all Singapore doctors. :) So far I have met a few (on subsidized route) and yet to find the one who is willing to spend time patiently answering your questions. :D

Hi ladies.

I'm planning to switch to NUH during my late pregnancy and now trying to choose a gynea. I was given a list of NUH doctors who support natural birth, but since I'm not familiar with any of them, can you help me to choose?

Female:
Dr Citra (Consultant) ?

Male:
Prof Chong Yap Seng (Senior Consultant) - read reviews that his consultations are always very rushing and he's not very attentive with clients. Anyone can confirm it?

thank you.

Hello, i do not know any of these doctor because i have never consider NUH. Please do not get me wrong, i got nothing against NUH and i am sure there are a lot of successful, uneventful delivery that take place there on a daily basis. But if i must choose from your list, i will go by elimination method.

My first cut will be to remove all those doctor that are holding "Consultant" rank. Again, there is nothing wrong with this rank, it is actually quite a senior rank already. However, my personal preference is to choose from the pool of "Senior consultant" only. It is my belief that they must have done something well or/and for very long in order to earn this rank. This belief might not be correct but then again, this is afterall my personal belief only.

My 2nd cut will be to decided whether i have certain gender/race preferrence. Again, whether a doctor is good or not have absolutely nothing to do with his gender/race. It is my belief that there are excellent doctors in NUH that are coming from every different race and different gender. Having said that, giving birth is a big operation, it is highly important that you as the mummy must feel very comfy & confident with the gynac that you choose to work with. What other ppl say or/and think are totally irrelevant.

Last but not least, after you have chosen a gynac and after the appointment, for whatever the reason you do not feel comfy or/and confident with that doctor, it is perfectly ok to pick another gynac and give him/her a try. Continue to try different gynac until you found one that you feel really happy about. Do not allow anyone to tell you otherwise ya.

All the best.

I'm currently seeing DR EK Tan. I feel pretty comfortable with him as he will spend time explaining my questions to me about my pregnancy, I'm a FTM btw. And if I have those non urgent questions, I always email him and he will try his best to reply me within 2 days. Although I have yet to deliver, I'm pretty assured that I'm in good hands.

Hi ladies.

Female:
Dr Citra (Consultant) ?

Male:

thank you.

Hi,

Have you chosen your gynae? I recently visited Dr Vanaja. I had my doubts about her. But after seeing her, I decided that I will just stick to her. She is very patient and answers all of my questions even though this will be my second child. I have heard good reviews about Dr Citra but she is fully booked.

I had very good experience with Dr Anupriya. She was my ivf Doctor and my Gynae. I am a high risk mom with twins and she was Able to keep my babies and I safe despite my medical issues diabetes high blood And obesity. I am thankful for Her dedication and passion as a doctor. Highly recommended.

Hi Fazitis, so coincidental, I was also planning to go with Dr. Citra, but found out that she is fully booked till November.

So I signed up with Dr. Anupriya (queby77, thanks for feedback!), hopefully we like each other. :)
How is the waiting time for her, by the way?

Hi there, my 2 pregnacy was with doc citra Too.. 2013 and 2015. She was patience and good.. my first baby was natural birth and was done by her. But my 2nd baby wasn't as she was out for overseas seminar and I was emergency csect by other doc last yr Oct. And they accidentally cut my bladder 6cm.. my recovery was long. Due to infections. So I'm now scare to go back nuh lor...

Hi ladies,is NUH private patient cost comparable or cheaper than KKH tps patient?I read about another recommended gynae who is Dr Su Lin Lin,anyone with her?thanks :)

Hi Fazitis, may I know why you had your doubts with Dr. Vanaja? Curious as I'll be meeting her on 3june. Don't know what to expect
Hi,

Have you chosen your gynae? I recently visited Dr Vanaja. I had my doubts about her. But after seeing her, I decided that I will just stick to her. She is very patient and answers all of my questions even though this will be my second child. I have heard good reviews about Dr Citra but she is fully booked.

Hi Fazitis, so coincidental, I was also planning to go with Dr. Citra, but found out that she is fully booked till November.

So I signed up with Dr. Anupriya (queby77, thanks for feedback!), hopefully we like each other. :)
How is the waiting time for her, by the way?
Waiting time coincides if she has any emergency or she needs to do iui, or ivf octyde retrieval or not. The max I waited was 2 hours but otherwise the wait is often ok. The next time u saw her pls tell her I missing her lol! Had wanted to bring my twins to take photo with her but no chance. She knows me by my name lee Ching.

Hi Fazitis, may I know why you had your doubts with Dr. Vanaja? Curious as I'll be meeting her on 3june. Don't know what to expect

Its just that i have not read any reviews by her. By now, you would already seen her right? she is really okay! doesnt rush at all.

Yeap, I have seen her. Apologies as I was pretty occupied and forgot to update here.

I was lucky that I didn't have to wait to see her. The minute I arrived, did the necessary registration and proceeded to meet her.
If I was 5mins late, I would've had to wait at least 1.5hours though - as she was rushing off to do a c-section delivery.

She seem friendly and nice at first interaction. But she could only manage a scan and had to rush off already so I didn't get to speak to her or ask her any questions.

She prepared a booklet regarding water birth for me beforehand as she heard from her nurse that I was interested in water birth- so that's a good initiative on her part.

I will be meeting another gynae in a few weeks time and will then decide.

Hi I recommend Dr Ng Ying Woo. Although he is just a consultant but he is the best gynae I met so far, always so encouraging and he used the best techniques whether is it surgical skills or the medicine he used. Previously I always go for senior consultant but they didn't cure me of my fibroid agony. Hence, I was not able to conceive. Dr Ng Ying Woo helped me to remove my fibroid through just a single hole laparoscopy (He is the only doctor in Singapore doing a songle hole laparoscopy besides another private doctor and I manage to conceive within 9 months. This is despite a famous Chinese physician said that with my health I won't be able to conceive. This has been a six years wait for me. I just gave birth and I am really greatful to him so want to say a good word about him.
Hi I would like to find out how much was ur fibroid removal by dr ng ? Hope to hear from you :)

Hi I would like to find out how much was ur fibroid removal by dr ng ? Hope to hear from you :)
Hi I am so sorry didnt log in. i cant remember but think is about 7k. The other gynae wanted to charge me 15k but thats becos Dr Ng was a government doc last time.

hello everyone! Just to borrow this thread..I am entering my 3rd trimester and also thinking of switching to Nuh.

Lititia may I know which nuh doctor you chose in the end to see? I have shortlisted'
,also because of availability - dr Chong yap Seng and dr anupriya.

I am hoping to do a vbac and hoping to find a doctor who is supportive of that as many Doctors prefer to just opt for a csection again.

I'm currently seeing DR EK Tan. I feel pretty comfortable with him as he will spend time explaining my questions to me about my pregnancy, I'm a FTM btw. And if I have those non urgent questions, I always email him and he will try his best to reply me within 2 days. Although I have yet to deliver, I'm pretty assured that I'm in good hands.

Hi pandaPoP.

Hope you had a successful delivery...
I would like to take him as my gynae and would like to check how is he... cos I am changing gynae and I’m v skeptical
Can kindly advize

Hi ladies.

Female:
Dr Citra (Consultant) ?

Male:

thank you.
Hi! Which doctor did you go for and how did you like their service?

Hi everyone. Riding on...
I’m looking to switch to NUH from private.

I’m having my 3rd Csection but I haven’t seen any recommended csect gynae from NUH so that doesn’t give me confidence to switch.
I don’t even know where to start?
How was your deliveries?

Back