IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters, I'm negative on urine test of hcg! Woohoo! Can I dance now? finally can close a chapter of my story. Moving forward, thh will do a new cycle for me even thought we still have one frozen left. but he asked me to go for HSG to check if tubes are swollen. If yes, clip or remove before ivf. Then before cycle starts we will do an endo scratch with him.
This will be my 5th cycle OMG. When can I graduate lei?
Congrats muff! Jiayou jiayou!!!

hi all, may i know did you keep a secret from the company when going for all the checks? how to hide it from the company when taking all the mc and leaves?

For my first fresh IVF, it was during Dec, so i told everyone im going for holiday. Except for my immediate boss the rest i kept it a secret including my own family.

What about trying for long protocol? May work though more jabs required.
I've read about it online.. It says it's not for people with Low ovarian reserve as it starts with a suppressed stage, so it may be even more difficult to stim them.. Of cos all these are read online.. Not sure if it's true

Anyone here on Long protocol before?

i agree with you. Govt gives us support when the baby is born but nobody supports in terms of monetary at the conceiving stage. Govt shd do more if they want more babies. Like u said no point helping and promoting to those who dont want babies.
@Wanbaby agreed with u. even now we also worry about taking long leave for ivf.

may i know average how many days of leave to take in between for each stages such as ivf briefing/daily injection review, egg retrieval & egg transfer,

Hi Ladies, need your advice... we went to see this TCM which charges are not by per visit. They charge a one time consultation fee of $300 for senior consultant regardless of how many visits you go.... But the med that was prescribed will be a standard cost of $35 per pack for 1 day consumption regardless of the combination , was prescribed 1 week med...and doc say normally it takes 3mths to see results so if you your math

1week -7x35=245
1 month - 4wksx245=980
3month -980x3=2940

Do you think the pricing is reasonable?
@odie24 i went to eu ren sheng for me and my hb to improve nature conceiving

Breakdown
2 weeks medicine powder for hb = $8+ x14
1 week medicine power for me = $8+x7

about $200. Not sure can help us or not.
medicine for me is to eat for ovulation to get better womb condition.

I've read about it online.. It says it's not for people with Low ovarian reserve as it starts with a suppressed stage, so it may be even more difficult to stim them.. Of cos all these are read online.. Not sure if it's true

I was on long protocol. I think I was on lucrin for 6 weeks and puregon 2 weeks.

Sisters, I'm negative on urine test of hcg! Woohoo! Can I dance now? finally can close a chapter of my story. Moving forward, thh will do a new cycle for me even thought we still have one frozen left. but he asked me to go for HSG to check if tubes are swollen. If yes, clip or remove before ivf. Then before cycle starts we will do an endo scratch with him.

I admire your courage and perseverance. Jiayou muff! I'm sure you'll have a little one soon!

I only did long protocol. Mine was cos I had a cyst and endometriosis. But despite the long protocol, I only had 1 normally fertilised embryo. It did suppress the endo though.
Actually I realised that harvesting as many eggs as possible is important because the eggs go through layers of "shortlisting" like if they are good enough to be fertilized or if they can withstand freezing & thawing. Think many are like me, will go "Nooooo" at long protocols cos of the numerous jabs, but if can yield additional eggs, why not?

Muff happy for u too! Now moving on to a new chapter and this cycle will be the one! Take good care of your body and prepare yr body well :)

@towkayneo; you did not take any supplements or going to tcm to tiao your body prior you bfp?
Like drink red dates longan tea, eat Brazil nuts, drink red bean soup.... etc etc etc?
Nope, I did not..I only ate folic acid & drink a cup of soya bean milk every morning to build up the lining. I personally do not believe in TCM.

I was on long and short protocol before. It might not be true that long protocol is only for women with normal/high ovarian reserve.
My AMH was normal, but i only yield 6 eggs after a month long of injections, of which only 3 fertilized. In fact, my short protocols yield more; i had more than 25 retrieved and about 17 fertilized. Coz i bfp-ed under the long protocol, i requested for Dr to put me on long instead of short. He explained that there is not much difference btw long and short protocol. Just that long protocol allows more time in stim stage and thereby the smaller follicles could catch up with the lead one. Usually in long protocol, follicle growth is more balanced. As for short protocol, less injections. IVF is really a trial and error journey, no one knows for sure which suits each individual. Dr can only recommend a protocol based on medical research and make adjustments later on.

Hihi ladies! anyone doing frozen cycle in June? Can anyone educate me on medicated frozen cycles protocols in kkh? TIA
@hopeful_still, my medicated frozen cycle is like this:
CD1 - call KKIVF
CD4 - start progynova 4mg daily for 5 days
CD9 - progynova 6mg daily for 5 days
CD10 (Fri) - scan at KKIVF to check lining
CD12 - start Crinone gel inserts twice daily until BT
CD14 (Tue) - ET. progynova 4mg daily until BT
CD31 - BT

The day for your lining scan may not be exactly on CD10, I read that some other have it on CD9 or CD11. Once lining grow to at least 8mm, ET will be scheduled.

i have low Amh and jus failed an Ivf with no eggs retrieved... Anyone here also has this experience? What is your next step??

@odie24 i went to eu ren sheng for me and my hb to improve nature conceiving

Breakdown
2 weeks medicine powder for hb = $8+ x14
1 week medicine power for me = $8+x7

about $200. Not sure can help us or not.
medicine for me is to eat for ovulation to get better womb condition.
Fel C, Thanks for your reply... OMG and this like for the 2 of you $200 plus....

i have low Amh and jus failed an Ivf with no eggs retrieved... Anyone here also has this experience? What is your next step??
sorry to see this. Did the Doc explain anything? Growth not idea or eggs not matured or just no growth? .............

Back