2016/07 July babies

@tuna I am scared too but there wasn't much pain at all. My IV drip poking was more painful. And of course no pain when delivering bb. Cannot even feel contractions. :p

Hence, I didn't push well. BTW mummies, how should we push? The nurses said is like pushing to poop is it? I thought was pushing on my abdomen, more towards the top instead of towards the a**...

Last edited:
Finally managed to log in, got sign out ... Forget my password then forget which email I used to register so couldn't retrieve password which was send to me...
Now mostly all in 3rd trimester....hope all r doing well
Talking about delivery... In oso scared of needles poking .. Was put on drip while hubby settle some administrative stuff n I was freaked out. N also checking of dilation or bursting of water-bag
Yes pushing feeling is like pooping ... Can feel one huge lump pushing out near the perineum, those who had constipation should have an easy job pushing hehe
My daughter supposed to come out in the 2nd or 3rd push but I ran out of breath n breathe in so the next push I tahan hold n gek n finally she's out

I also heard popping bb is like trying to get out of a constipation scenario. Just two weeks ago I had the worst constipation encounter ever. Think back gives me chill. I was in the toilet for a solid 2 hours. I called all gods already. Saving details...finally it came out and after that I was so exhausted I knocked out into a nap.

Such a serene feeling now we are all in 3rd trime. I'm meeting my bb on the screen tomorrow. Jia you mummies.

@3p1m Wow, you can push out in 2 of 3 pushes? I took more than an hour to push le. They asked me to try for vacuum but I didn't want and they even have to press my sides do for me which I read was bad after that.

So I got 2 nurses, 1 on each sides pressing my tummy and hubby holding my head and I pushed til face red red and baby still cannot come out until after a while. Hahahah..

@MistyCloud
I think for u maybe it's due to epidural so can't feel the pushing,
I duno if dealing with constipation helped but my girl was small at 2.5kg so perhaps it was easier. and I already tahan the pushing feeling for some time as my gynae only reached when I'm about to push. Pushing the side seems scary leh, but u managed to push out in the end right, must be exhausting

Yes, I read up after that and it's called fundal pressure pushing and it's not recommended. :eek:

My ribs did hurt a little after that. Good thing baby was a ok. This time around, I'll definitely push like pooping.

I also remember it was like trying to push a super big poop out. And cannot breathe in too hard, else baby will slip back in a bit, waste effort.
@misty - could u feel the pushing or did the epidural numb that area too? My friends told me nearer the end they would lower the epidural dosage so u can feel a bit. Is that true?

Hehe so must remember don't breath in too hard while pushing.

Today bb is at 1.278kg. Saw her 3D face and it's amazing indeed.

Didn't know there's a 3rd trime scan. Will be going for it at 31/32weeks. Any mummies doing too?

@tuna I was so scared and told them not to lower.... but after some time they lowered and I still didn't feel a thing. :p

I didn't feel a single thing during childbirth!!! Hahaha... my gynae said since I'm so scared of pain, she allowed me to finish my epidural as there was a bit left.

Only pain I felt throughout the whole process was my initial contractions which was like menstrual cramps.

I thought I had a good birth as my labour was only about 6 hrs for a first timer. So I'm hoping I can be 2nd time heng heng again.... more unlikely I guess. :/

@tuna I was so scared and told them not to lower.... but after some time they lowered and I still didn't feel a thing. :p

I didn't feel a single thing during childbirth!!! Hahaha... my gynae said since I'm so scared of pain, she allowed me to finish my epidural as there was a bit left.

Only pain I felt throughout the whole process was my initial contractions which was like menstrual cramps.

I thought I had a good birth as my labour was only about 6 hrs for a first timer. So I'm hoping I can be 2nd time heng heng again.... more unlikely I guess. :/
Haha, don't waste the bit of epidural left hor? But how abt side effects after? Puking or shivering? That seems so scary.

Asking for C section mama,

Who has done it awake? I did it under GA last time. Gynea is persuading me to do it awake instead. I worry about being awake n listening to all the "operation sounds n discussion". I never liked dentist experience with all the cling clang dang.

Can share your experience? Pros n cons?
My 1st one c-sect awake. Hubby can go in togather. Understand that baby will not take in the med when carry out both mummy n baby is awake. Stay in recovery room shorter. Cons: can hear doc voice n the sound. Can feel the gas the pump to ballon your tummy n abit movement. No pain. My Gynea keep talking to me during the procedure. Under GA baby will be drowsy too.

@tuna I will find out more about the 3rd trime scan when I see my gynae 2weeks later. I'll be 30weeks then and then he'll send me for the detailed scan later.

This is what I gathered from Mr Google:

3rd Trimester Scans
Fetal wellbeing scan

This scan is usually carried at about 32 weeks of pregnancy. Some obstetricians advise that this scan is offered to all women. Others reserve such scans for those women who have had previous complications of pregnancy such as pre-eclampsia, growth restriction, diabetes, stillbirth, and for those women who develop a problem during the course of their current pregnancy.

At this stage of the pregnancy we can determine the growth and health of the fetus. If the fetus is too big or too small for dates, or if there are any warning signs related to placental function, these findings will be discussed with the obstetrician and careful monitoring of the pregancy will follow. The wellbeing scan includes:

Estimation of fetal weight using measurements of the fetal head, abdomen and thigh bone
Examination of fetal movement
Examination of placental position, appearance and function
Measurement of the amount of amniotic fluid
Assessment of placental and fetal blood flow using colour Doppler ultrasound

Asking for C section mama,

Who has done it awake? I did it under GA last time. Gynea is persuading me to do it awake instead. I worry about being awake n listening to all the "operation sounds n discussion". I never liked dentist experience with all the cling clang dang.

Can share your experience? Pros n cons?

Hello,
Unless doctor advise you to go for GA, i will encourage you to be awake while the C section is being perform. GA carry a tiny tiny risk.

Are you ok with dentistry procedure type?

I'm trying to access if I might have panic attack...
My 1st one c-sect awake. Hubby can go in togather. Understand that baby will not take in the med when carry out both mummy n baby is awake. Stay in recovery room shorter. Cons: can hear doc voice n the sound. Can feel the gas the pump to ballon your tummy n abit movement. No pain. My Gynea keep talking to me during the procedure. Under GA baby will be drowsy too.

Gynea is encouraging awake. But I'm having cold feet to hear everything.

Hello mummy, understand what you mean. How about telling yourself you wanna to hear your baby first cry. That might give you of incentive to follow doctor advice. Thinking out of the box, maybe you can ask doctor whether you can wear ear plug while he operate on you, then ask your hubby to help you to remove the ear plug just before the baby is scoop out from your tummy.

Jia you.

Hello mummy, understand what you mean. How about telling yourself you wanna to hear your baby first cry. That might give you of incentive to follow doctor advice. Thinking out of the box, maybe you can ask doctor whether you can wear ear plug while he operate on you, then ask your hubby to help you to remove the ear plug just before the baby is scoop out from your tummy.

Jia you.

It's a great idea! Appeals to my left brain.
My right brain is freezing :p

How about feeling the tugging and all?

It's a great idea! Appeals to my left brain.
My right brain is freezing :p

How about feeling the tugging and all?

Hello,

I am sure you will do just fine. Whichever way you finally decide to take. It is going to be a sui sui uneventful delivery.

Honestly speaking, the feeling of entering an operating theatre is really not good and frightening for me too. mine was an emergency C Section and since i was already on epidural, i think what they did was they top up the epidural juice to prolong the effect then do the c section while i am totally awake. Everything was in a daze to me, i am totally exhausted after a prolong period due to trying to go the natural way. Hearing the baby cry was magical moment to me. It is like the signal that it is finally over. But in reality, it is really only the beginning. ha ha

Are you ok with dentistry procedure type?

I'm trying to access if I might have panic attack...
My anesthetist kept talking to me and asking me questions that I didnt even realised I was being cut up. I think the epidural was more frightening than the csec. The csec happened so fast that before I knew, the first baby was on me. Then they continued with second baby. I only remembered seeing the second baby and my hubby following the babies out. Then I fell asleep.....

My anesthetist kept talking to me and asking me questions that I didnt even realised I was being cut up. I think the epidural was more frightening than the csec. The csec happened so fast that before I knew, the first baby was on me. Then they continued with second baby. I only remembered seeing the second baby and my hubby following the babies out. Then I fell asleep.....
So you can't hear any sound or feel any tugging?

Hello,

I am sure you will do just fine. Whichever way you finally decide to take. It is going to be a sui sui uneventful delivery.

Honestly speaking, the feeling of entering an operating theatre is really not good and frightening for me too. mine was an emergency C Section and since i was already on epidural, i think what they did was they top up the epidural juice to prolong the effect then do the c section while i am totally awake. Everything was in a daze to me, i am totally exhausted after a prolong period due to trying to go the natural way. Hearing the baby cry was magical moment to me. It is like the signal that it is finally over. But in reality, it is really only the beginning. ha ha

In honesty, I'm happy to boot baby out ASAP! I enjoy babies much better! I don't fancy pregnancy and childbirth as much.

Highly my last birth. If hubby wants more, I prefer adoption :D

Thanks for sharing the experience. My second one was emergency too as the child was showing signs of distress. But I chose GA. He was in ICU and I did not see him till 3rd day after I could get off the bed.

He is healthy today. Participate in triathlon. A far cry from being the less than 5 pounds he was 13y ago :)

Wow suddenly this thread becomes active again.. Guess everyone is excited when talking abt childbirth. While some dread it, some looking forward to it. For me, I'm looking forward to it.. But of coz not so looking forward to sleepless night. Now at least I still have peaceful nights! Looking at the bright side of it, I will have 4 months of leave without any work stress!
For my previous 2 birth, as my bb are small it's still quite easy.. Normally they says it takes abt half the time to deliver the 2nd one. If u took 6 hrs to deliver the first one, the ordeal will end 3 hrs for the 2nd one. I would say my 2nd one is really very fast. From the time the water bag burst till my bb is out is only less than 1 hr. Hopefully this one also easy birth..
Keeping my finger crossed

I'm starting to get mild heartburn now at 29weeks. Can't eat too much. And my immune system is dropping; having flu and Im one who hardly fall sick (touchwood).

Rant aside, yeah jia you everyone! Oh who is going to the prudential baby seminar talk tmr? I'm going because my gynae is giving his talk and he was selling me the tickets lol. Support him lor.

Last edited:
I was distracted by the conversation. I suppose if you are not distraction by something you will definitely be aware of the sound. Dont remember I feel any tugging. Numb.
I think I will ask my gynea if I can play my music. Cos when I did MRIs last time, they played my music, 1h passed fast. If gynea is ok... I will invest in a good headphone to muff out external sound. My hubby can chat with the gynea instead.

If halfway I panic, can't change mind about the GA anymore right?

I'm starting to get mild heartburn now at 29weeks. Can't eat too much. And my immune system is dropping; having flu and Im one who hardly fall sick (touchwood).

Rant aside, yeah jia you everyone! Oh who is going to the prudential baby seminar talk tmr? I'm going because my gynae is giving his talk and he was selling me the tickets lol. Support him lor.
I have palpitations and chest muscle tightness. Too heavy now.

I'm 9 weeks to C section...

Heartburn, I tried gaviscon. You can try. Ask your gynea.

Wow suddenly this thread becomes active again.. Guess everyone is excited when talking abt childbirth. While some dread it, some looking forward to it. For me, I'm looking forward to it.. But of coz not so looking forward to sleepless night. Now at least I still have peaceful nights! Looking at the bright side of it, I will have 4 months of leave without any work stress!
For my previous 2 birth, as my bb are small it's still quite easy.. Normally they says it takes abt half the time to deliver the 2nd one. If u took 6 hrs to deliver the first one, the ordeal will end 3 hrs for the 2nd one. I would say my 2nd one is really very fast. From the time the water bag burst till my bb is out is only less than 1 hr. Hopefully this one also easy birth..
Keeping my finger crossed
If 2nd only 1h, your 3rd hv time to go hospital?

Mrs Ler, I had epidural csec for my 1st born. Can't feel the cutting at all. Only feel a bit of discomfort when they try to push the bb out after cutting me up. There were 3 pairs of hands on my body pushing the baby out and I felt like suffocating but it was matter of seconds.

In fact, I'm opposite of you. I'm thinking of doing GA csec so that I can get ligated at the same time. But I worried about sleeping and not being able to wake up again. Paranoid. I rather know what's going on and that everything is fine a not.

btw, anyone has recommendations for online websites to get nursing bras?

I dunno what will be my symptom for the third one to prepare me to go hospital. Anyway I trusted my gynae.. He always joked that if I dun react fast I will give birth in car.. Ha ha..
Think closer to delivery date, he will see me every week so I guess it's fine. Anyway I will update everyone here on my birth story after I give birth.. :)

I think I will ask my gynea if I can play my music. Cos when I did MRIs last time, they played my music, 1h passed fast. If gynea is ok... I will invest in a good headphone to muff out external sound. My hubby can chat with the gynea instead.

If halfway I panic, can't change mind about the GA anymore right?
Don't worry too much. Everything happens very fast. At least with epi csec you can see your baby once he or she is out and your recovery is faster as compared to GA.

Mrs Ler, I had epidural csec for my 1st born. Can't feel the cutting at all. Only feel a bit of discomfort when they try to push the bb out after cutting me up. There were 3 pairs of hands on my body pushing the baby out and I felt like suffocating but it was matter of seconds.

In fact, I'm opposite of you. I'm thinking of doing GA csec so that I can get ligated at the same time. But I worried about sleeping and not being able to wake up again. Paranoid. I rather know what's going on and that everything is fine a not.

Hello mummy, the sleeping and not able to wake up risk of doing GA is real, but it is a tiny tiny risk especially for young and healthy ppl. Therefore this is not a completely paranoid on your part ya.

Cheers

My gynae already asked me if I wanna try natural maybe around week 24? Is that too early to be asked? Anyway I will ask him again this Friday. I'm opting natural for sure.

I am thinking of asking my hubby to do ligation instead. :p

Anyone has experience or know of adverse side effects?

My gynae already asked me if I wanna try natural maybe around week 24? Is that too early to be asked? Anyway I will ask him again this Friday. I'm opting natural for sure.
I m seeing my doc tomorrow . Think will ask him any chance of natural...although in the beginning he mentioned c section coz of my blood pressure.
My first was delivered through emergency c.

Back