Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hey sisters,
Just wanna add,
I hope i have not overemphasized tcm in the way i told my story because i want to emphasize that my pet rabbit was the one important thing i thought about everyday (plus fuss about the past few mths) until i forgot about all the baby making stuff, which i believed it was a good destressing strategy.
Also my sister did quit her job completely to rest at home to prepare for more stress free baby making. I myself took a paycut to convert to part time working for the past few months to relax myself too. I guess we have to take all these into consideration.

Hey sisters,
Just wanna add,
I hope i have not overemphasized tcm in the way i told my story because i want to emphasize that my pet rabbit was the one important thing i thought about everyday (plus fuss about the past few mths) until i forgot about all the baby making stuff, which i believed it was a good destressing strategy.
Also my sister did quit her job completely to rest at home to prepare for more stress free baby making. I myself took a paycut to convert to part time working for the past few months to relax myself too. I guess we have to take all these into consideration.
Hi, which physician u and your sister saw? Thanks

i go to thomson chinese medicine in thomson medical centre (it is also much much nearer to my house as we need to go down there every week) while my sister went to thomson chinese medicine in NUH, the level 4 medical centre one.
if u gonna try, please do choose a good reputable one with good medical hygiene and physicians registered with singapore health authorities for your own safety. thank you.
hi...I am currently seeing thomson chinese medicine in NUH too....its convenient as I see PC wong at the same place. I not a success story yet but I do encourage sisters who are ttc to try accupuncture. U r right abt the good medical hygiene and physicians registered, as many needles are used during accupuncture...hygiene and safety is a MUST.

Hello! :) My injection is next week on the 7th! do you have to do any endo scratching?

I hope my bloatedness will soon go off!
Hi Andreanie,

I done my endoscratch with PC Wong in early Mar. I requested for it, although he explained that there is so far yet any medical proof that endoscratch has help in the success of ivf.

I am scheduled for FET on 29 Apr....Pray pray n pray....

Wish you luck too....I believe your FET is ard the same time as mine.

Hi Andreanie,

I done my endoscratch with PC Wong in early Mar. I requested for it, although he explained that there is so far yet any medical proof that endoscratch has help in the success of ivf.

All the best! You have done how many cycles already?

Hi Andreanie,

Hi babe! Good luck on your FET! Mine will be somewhere between 16 to 20 May I think. Today is my first day of upping the progynova tablet to 2 tabs twice a day and now im having diarrhea. I read somewhere some ladies have this side effect when they upped the dosage. Do you have it too?

My endo scratch went pretty well with no pain. I was expecting those painful cramps like what most ppl said but it was over within a second! And no pain, that's another relief also!

Ladies anyone know if prof is gonna be on leave from may 6th??

Tom is my day to up the dosage of progynova to 2 tabs too.. no diarrhea but having heartburn!! Is that normal??

Tom is my day to up the dosage of progynova to 2 tabs too.. no diarrhea but having heartburn!! Is that normal??
Hi baby luck,
Yes prof is gong to only on May 6 onward till early June.
he has planned for me to start the jab on 10 June which is after he back from his leave.
I will be taking the medicine on day 18 after my month May menses.
Is the tab u mentioned is the Nor-E?

Hi baby luck,
Yes prof is gong to only on May 6 onward till early June.
he has planned for me to start the jab on 10 June which is after he back from his leave.
I will be taking the medicine on day 18 after my month May menses.
Is the tab u mentioned is the Nor-E?
Is he around on 6th may? I'm supposed to have an appt with him on that day

So far no heartburn for me but damn the diarrhea is like still here on second day. I read in fertilityzone uk forum that some ppl will experience this. So sucky! And it will get worst the first few days when we need to increase to 3 tabs twice a day (that's 6 tablets in a day!)

Hi babe! Good luck on your FET! Mine will be somewhere between 16 to 20 May I think. Today is my first day of upping the progynova tablet to 2 tabs twice a day and now im having diarrhea. I read somewhere some ladies have this side effect when they upped the dosage. Do you have it too?

My endo scratch went pretty well with no pain. I was expecting those painful cramps like what most ppl said but it was over within a second! And no pain, that's another relief also!
That progynova is disturbing. I don't have diarrhea but when I am into 3 tabs twice a day, I feel nausea, no appetite, breast tenderness. I feedback to CHR nurses, she said there are ladies who vomited which they advised them to adjust to 2 tabs three time a day.

If any of you feel really uncomfortable when you increase the progynova, suggest you feedback to CHR.

my endoscratch went well too :)

Just to share with you, you will be asked to insert the Crinone (Progesternone vaginal gel) when you go for your next lining scan. I don't like to do this thing....have to do it everyday and insert into your vagina. :(

That progynova is disturbing. I don't have diarrhea but when I am into 3 tabs twice a day, I feel nausea, no appetite, breast tenderness. I feedback to CHR nurses, she said there are ladies who vomited which they advised them to adjust to 2 tabs three time a day.

If any of you feel really uncomfortable when you increase the progynova, suggest you feedback to CHR.

Just to share with you, you will be asked to insert the Crinone (Progesternone vaginal gel) when you go for your next lining scan. I don't like to do this thing....have to do it everyday and insert into your vagina. :(

Must insert Crinone??? *faint* cos that takes a lot of time inserting them in the morning lol! And will be so uncomfy to go to work knowing there's something down there lol! It wasn't bad when we have to do it when we are on the 2 weeks break lol!!

Im so not looking fwd to 3 tabs twice a day which will be this Saturday. Lucky it's a long weekend.

May I ask what do you ladies do during the 2ww?

My first Ivf I really just laze around at home lol! Didn't do much, just sit and be a couch potato. Only went out nearing to the end of 2ww. After 2ww wait is over, I'm back to normal routine and additional Infact since need to get progesterone in oil jabs twice a week at NUH for first trimester.

My first Ivf I really just laze around at home lol! Didn't do much, just sit and be a couch potato. Only went out nearing to the end of 2ww. After 2ww wait is over, I'm back to normal routine and additional Infact since need to get progesterone in oil jabs twice a week at NUH for first trimester.
Oh so u succeeded on first try! Now 1st FET? How old is your first child already?

I intend to be couch potato too.....haha :)

But I worry I keep thinking and worrying...

Oh so u succeeded on first try! Now 1st FET? How old is your first child already?

Yes, I succeeded in my first Ivf and now my son is already 4 years old. :)

We are on a fresh cycle again last year end but didn't manage to transfer during the ET and one embie lost inside of me during that difficult transfer. So gynae quickly saved the other embie and froze it. So here we are doing our first FET. No snow babies from our first ivf.

Yes, I succeeded in my first Ivf and now my son is already 4 years old. :)

We are on a fresh cycle again last year end but didn't manage to transfer during the ET and one embie lost inside of me during that difficult transfer. So gynae quickly saved the other embie and froze it. So here we are doing our first FET. No snow babies from our first ivf.
What u mean by lost inside u? The gynae doesn't know where the embryo went? This round left 1 frozen to transfer?

By the way sisters here are u all on Norethisterone protocol as well? Stim with gonal f? I wonder whether Nuh uses any other stim drug? I hear a lot just using gonal f

What u mean by lost inside u? The gynae doesn't know where the embryo went? This round left 1 frozen to transfer?

It dropped along the way while on the way into the womb. It's too tiny like a grain of sand, don't know where it got lost at.

Yup I left 1 frozen to transfer this FET. Hoping for the best it will thaw nicely.

It dropped along the way while on the way into the womb. It's too tiny like a grain of sand, don't know where it got lost at.

Yup I left 1 frozen to transfer this FET. Hoping for the best it will thaw nicely.
ER.. First time I heard of this.. Who was the doc who did the transfer for u? And how he/she knows it dropped?

ER.. First time I heard of this.. Who was the doc who did the transfer for u? And how he/she knows it dropped?

It's not uncommon if you have experienced a difficult transfer. My gynae is very skillful however luck wasn't on our side that day cos of my womb position that shifted higher after birth and what with the csect scar and all. A bit dissapointed that we lost one embie but however we are feeling ok and just leave it to God. I did however hoped that I fell pregnant with that lost embie but I didn't lol! My gynae did a smart move to stop the transfer and quickly decide to freeze the remaining embie. And my coming transfer I don't need for a full bladder cos for my case, we found out that I don't need a full bladder at all. The fuller my bladder is, the higher my womb will go and that will end up in a difficult transfer. We did a mock during the endo scratch without full bladder and voila.. Everything was perfect.

It's not uncommon if you have experienced a difficult transfer. My gynae is very skillful however luck wasn't on our side that day cos of my womb position that shifted higher after birth and what with the csect scar and all. A bit dissapointed that we lost one embie but however we are feeling ok and just leave it to God. I did however hoped that I fell pregnant with that lost embie but I didn't lol! My gynae did a smart move to stop the transfer and quickly decide to freeze the remaining embie. And my coming transfer I don't need for a full bladder cos for my case, we found out that I don't need a full bladder at all. The fuller my bladder is, the higher my womb will go and that will end up in a difficult transfer. We did a mock during the endo scratch without full bladder and voila.. Everything was perfect.
All the best!

Hi may we know which doc was this? Prof wong?

Nope not Prof Wong. I think it's better not to say whom my doc is since I don't want ppl to think he's not good and give a different impression of him. To me it's natures and God's will that it happened that way, not anyone's mistake. :)
Hi Andreanie, so nice of you. Hope everything will go on fine for you. ☺

nope. this is my 2nd time with prof pc wong. But is first time using this new protocol.
is there any side effect while using this med?

NorE don't really cause any side effect to me. How ever the jabs do make me felt extremely tired and headache. After 4days of Gonal-f, I felt like am on drugs. Tearing and yawning....

Nope not Prof Wong. I think it's better not to say whom my doc is since I don't want ppl to think he's not good and give a different impression of him. To me it's natures and God's will that it happened that way, not anyone's mistake. :)
I think it's ok to share.. When prof not around, ET might be done by other doc so we can make decision on which doc to choose.. Not saying it's the doctor fault.. But if this is kept in suspense.. sisters here will fear choosing any other doc liao..

I think it's ok to share.. When prof not around, ET might be done by other doc so we can make decision on which doc to choose.. Not saying it's the doctor fault.. But if this is kept in suspense.. sisters here will fear choosing any other doc liao..

I don't wish to keep u gals in suspense but I also hope everyone respect my decision. There's nothing to fear, all doctors are professional. :)
At the end of the day, it's whether you have a difficult transfer to do or not and even without a difficult one, anything can happen. It's all in God's plan. :)

Babe, do u have any side effects when you up the dosage to 12mg (6tabs) per day? I'm like having gassy tummy on and off. So frustrating! :S

I don't wish to keep u gals in suspense but I also hope everyone respect my decision. There's nothing to fear, all doctors are professional. :)
At the end of the day, it's whether you have a difficult transfer to do or not and even without a difficult one, anything can happen. It's all in God's plan. :)
No worries! When is your next ET?

No worries! When is your next ET?

The transfer would be between 16 to 20 May, not sure yet. Gonna meet gynae this week to confirm date. :)
Can't wait to actually stay home and laze around with my 4-yo after his school and catchup with Korean dramas and Netflix. Lol!

How's ur 2WW?

Initially when I up to 6tabs per day I felt sick too...after few days, I guess body adapt n I feel better.

Ok that's a relief to hear! I hope my tummy get settled down soon. It was bloatedness, diarrhea and indigestion for me. I even can wake up in my sleep cos got tummyache

Hi Andreanie,

Hey babe! So I guess you're in your 2WW now? I'm schedule for my FET this Saturday! Can't wait!

Yes u may i think. Its all about your comfortability...
Oh sorry what I meant is are you able to request Dr Anu. Actually for me last year is Prof was not around, so I was assigned to Dr Anu. Bfp on 1st fresh with boy girl twins. So hope the same will happen to you.

Back