Anyone battling with PCOS?

I told him that.. usually i will scan at about day 12.. then day 14/15 will do the trigger. but he said no need... this will give pressure. So he want us to try "naturally" first without frequent visit to hospital.
Last time when to Raffles gynae, I went for scan from day 12 to the day i trigger. but still with full monitoring.. it also didn't work...
Huh??? What pressure is there to do a simple scan? Try without knowing if you are even ovulating doesn't work! Actually only need to do one scan at either CD10 or CD12 to see if egg size is ok. No need scan everyday. Then use ovulation sticks to test for ovulation. Tan HH always ask Pple try naturally one but never thought about the condition we are facing and how time is running a race against us. You must insist to him you want the scan!

Huh??? What pressure is there to do a simple scan? Try without knowing if you are even ovulating doesn't work! Actually only need to do one scan at either CD10 or CD12 to see if egg size is ok. No need scan everyday. Then use ovulation sticks to test for ovulation. Tan HH always ask Pple try naturally one but never thought about the condition we are facing and how time is running a race against us. You must insist to him you want the scan!

okok.. u dun angry ok.. I didn't know his always ask ppl to try naturally. as this is my 2nd time seeing him.. the 1st time we do up a bunch of hormones blood test and checking. but I did make up my mind.. if this 3 months doesn't work.. I will push to go for IVF directly. at least i know egg is fertile.. and juts wait for 2 weeks to know the result.
and I have intention to ownself increase my letrozole dosage on the next cycle. I check online.. 5mg of letrozole is about 100mg clomid.. which.. doesn't really work for me last time.. So i guess this time also doesn't work.

okok.. u dun angry ok.. I didn't know his always ask ppl to try naturally. as this is my 2nd time seeing him.. the 1st time we do up a bunch of hormones blood test and checking. but I did make up my mind.. if this 3 months doesn't work.. I will push to go for IVF directly. at least i know egg is fertile.. and juts wait for 2 weeks to know the result.
and I have intention to ownself increase my letrozole dosage on the next cycle. I check online.. 5mg of letrozole is about 100mg clomid.. which.. doesn't really work for me last time.. So i guess this time also doesn't work.
how to ownself increase? if anything better to discuss with dr first...

No la I'm not angry! Just shocked he said that about the scans. Hahaha. Cos I myself also in such situation so I seriously hate it when they ask me to try naturally for long time and waste my time. Letrozole I think you ask him before changing the dosage better. Like tell him what you read online. Can email him if you have his email? Cos sometimes online information may not be true and if you ownself increase will endanger your health... :)

No la I'm not angry! Just shocked he said that about the scans. Hahaha. Cos I myself also in such situation so I seriously hate it when they ask me to try naturally for long time and waste my time. Letrozole I think you ask him before changing the dosage better. Like tell him what you read online. Can email him if you have his email? Cos sometimes online information may not be true and if you ownself increase will endanger your health... :)

I dont have his email.. I tried calling the clinic but nobody pick up. Forever nobody is free. So I leave my number and nobody call me bck either... Now I am waiting to test again.. usually 1wk later shld be quite obvious whether positive or negative right? If still negative I will just induce my period. Cos I feel very bloated and gassy.

U also know online alot temptation reading and information... lol... shall see how.. I dont know who to talk to also.. even want to speak to professional also hard.

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS and prolactinoma last year. Menses was extremely irregular from 28 days to 45days cycle. Saw Gynae and then referred to an endocrinologist, Was advised to lose weight and on metformin, ttc for about a year and now I'm just into 2nd trim (not ivf) so it's possible!

I dont have his email.. I tried calling the clinic but nobody pick up. Forever nobody is free. So I leave my number and nobody call me bck either... Now I am waiting to test again.. usually 1wk later shld be quite obvious whether positive or negative right? If still negative I will just induce my period. Cos I feel very bloated and gassy.

U also know online alot temptation reading and information... lol... shall see how.. I dont know who to talk to also.. even want to speak to professional also hard.
Maybe next time you see him you can let him know that and ask what is the fastest way to contact him for any emergencies or enquiries.

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS and prolactinoma last year. Menses was extremely irregular from 28 days to 45days cycle. Saw Gynae and then referred to an endocrinologist, Was advised to lose weight and on metformin, ttc for about a year and now I'm just into 2nd trim (not ivf) so it's possible!
Actually what is metformin for ah? Suppose to help reduce appetite and weight right?? But doesn't seem to work on me. Lol, my appetite doesn't seem to reduce.

congrats, chocolate chip!!

CTTC, metformin is actually a diabetic drug. Since most of PCOS sufferers have an elevated levels of insulin in the body (insulin resistance), metformin can help to bring the level down by making your body cells more receptive to the insulin produced by your pancreas.
i don't think it can reduce your appetite. Normally, your weight will go down with this drug, because once your body is more receptive to the insulin, then your body can naturally turn the glucose into energy. I think almost everyone here who are prescribed metformin are also being told to be strict on the diet.

I lost 4 kg in 2 months with metformin, exercise and diet and then the weight got stagnant.

For me, metformin did helped to curb my appetite, coupled with strict diet, exercise and I took meal replacements and lost 6kg in 2mths and a further 3kg in the next 2mths. Metformin made me feel like having motion sickness the whole day.
I also downloaded the app my fitness pal to keep track of my calorie intake and limit myself to 1000-1200 per day plus exercise.
I also had to take vitamin D supplements as PCOS also caused me to be vit D deficient.

Hi ladies

I have PCOS and would like to share my experience.

I have 2 children, both conceived naturally. My first child was conceived 9 years into my marriage. My second child 2 years later. I recently had an unplanned pregnancy which unfortunately, ended in a miscarriage.

Prior to conceiving my first child, we had tried casually. With age catching up, we consulted an ob who suggested that we give so-Iui a try. We agreed but managed to conceive naturally a month before going for so-iui.

In order to regulate my menses, I found that bai Fong wan from EYS to be extremely effective for me. I had started taking it several years before conceiving my first child and continued to take after his birth. We also conceived my second child on the first or second try. It may or may not work for you but it will not harm your body for sure.

When not trying to conceive, I would take a bottle a week after menses has cleared. When trying, I would skip after ovulation. Perhaps you can consult the sales person at EYS if you are keen.

All the best of luck to the ladies here.

Actually what is metformin for ah? Suppose to help reduce appetite and weight right?? But doesn't seem to work on me. Lol, my appetite doesn't seem to reduce.

Finally KKH did call me back.. but have to wait for Dr. Tan's assistant to call me back. I will get direct contact with her in any case i got enquiries.

Hi All,

I'm new here too.. I went to my first gynae doctor at Raffles Hospital for check up about 3-4 years back and he diagnosed me for having PCOS too. He prescribed me with Metformin for long term. But i can't take it because, i will feel extremely giddy whenever i took that medication, even with the lowest dosage.

I stopped to see him thereafter but continued with Metformin and i starts to have very very heavy menses. I remembered in 2013/2014, my bleeding never stop and i went to another doctor in Gleneagles. He told me that i do not have PCOS at all! I was shocked and he arranged for an emergency surgery for me in order to stop my bleeding.

Since then, I'm having problem with having natural menses. I am trying to conceive naturally but no luck till now.. I just had another surgery in Jan for removal of cysts on both of my ovaries too.

I heard evening primrose oil is good for hormones too? Is it better to take that than bai fung wan? Which one is actually better?

Thank you very much!

Hi All,

I'm new here too.. I went to my first gynae doctor at Raffles Hospital for check up about 3-4 years back and he diagnosed me for having PCOS too. He prescribed me with Metformin for long term. But i can't take it because, i will feel extremely giddy whenever i took that medication, even with the lowest dosage.

I stopped to see him thereafter but continued with Metformin and i starts to have very very heavy menses. I remembered in 2013/2014, my bleeding never stop and i went to another doctor in Gleneagles. He told me that i do not have PCOS at all! I was shocked and he arranged for an emergency surgery for me in order to stop my bleeding.

Since then, I'm having problem with having natural menses. I am trying to conceive naturally but no luck till now.. I just had another surgery in Jan for removal of cysts on both of my ovaries too.

I heard evening primrose oil is good for hormones too? Is it better to take that than bai fung wan? Which one is actually better?

Thank you very much!

I heard they metformin is to bring down sugar level cost PCOS tend to have higher sugar level? Sorry correct me if I am wrong. Because my doc do a test.. on my sugar level.. require to fast.. drink down a super sweet syrup.. and see if i needed metformin.. that is when I am with raffles. And he said i pass the test.. So my only concern is I am not ovulating.

as for primrose oil and bai fung wan.. I am not sure whether it is good anot. Currently I am seeing this TCM sinseh and so I am not taking additional supplements as my own period is already messy enough...
i heard it did help for some people.. and of cos there are some which does not work. it all depend on individual...

this ttc journey is not easy.. i suggest u do HSG test as wel to make sure tube is not block and also blood test on body hormones and etc.. which can be done with KKH...
I have gone through all the test.. and my concern is I am not ovulating. So now.. at the cross road once again... with missing period for 1 wk.. I have not test 2nd time yet.. Waiting for doctor to call from office...

Hi there,

I've done all my test and my hormones are ok. According to the raffles doctor, i may not need Metformin as my sugar level is ok. He just afraid that i might get diabetic if i am pregnant.

My Gleneagles doctor already did a test and check on my tubes, it's all cleared.

Me too, not ovulating naturally and my current doctor do not allow me to take anymore ovulating pills, scared of side effects.. Which TCM did you go?

Hi there,

I've done all my test and my hormones are ok. According to the raffles doctor, i may not need Metformin as my sugar level is ok. He just afraid that i might get diabetic if i am pregnant.

My Gleneagles doctor already did a test and check on my tubes, it's all cleared.

Me too, not ovulating naturally and my current doctor do not allow me to take anymore ovulating pills, scared of side effects.. Which TCM did you go?

the TCM i went to is at chinatown... so far.. her med.. I have not see much effect in regards to my period nor ovulation..
But generally.. it did "heat" up my body temperature. 1st time i take.. "overheat" me.. i am like a walking volcano.. hahaha... always hot.. even in aircon area..
subsequently she make it milder and i am ok.. but still warm.. the only good thing I realise is.. my gum don't bleed now.. I use to have bleeding gum very easily.. esp when i brush my teeth. but now it doesn't happen anymore.

seems like we are in same situation? I took lots of supplements b4 i went for check.. Vit D, Vitex, Folic Acid (still takeing now), chicken essence.. those whatever PCOS is deficiency in.. i took.. but nothing happen also la.

my last straw... or next meet up with my gynae if I am not pregnant.. will be IVF already. I do not want to waste time anymore. after 35 I am not trying anymore.. which left me a few yrs only.. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Vivlyn

I tried EPO and found that it made my complexion rather oily. I guess you would have to try to find out which suits you better.

Good luck.

Hi y0ngy0ng, i also noticed it too. I am still searching for the best supplements for myself to prep my body.. Thanks!!

Me and my hub planned to try anymore once we reached 35 too.. High risk actually.. I'm taking just folic acid and evening primrose oil, for the moment. Not much effect actually haha

I stopped my BCP in early Feb and went to the gynae 2 weeks back for a check-up (in any case I need additional meds to boost my fertility). She did a transvaginal ultrasound + pap smear (since I last did mine 2 yrs back). The ultrasound shows that there isn’t a lot of tiny cysts around my ovaries.. and I’m ovulating as well just that my cycle is longer than the norm. so my gynae told me to try naturally for 1 year first and if still no good news, then she will prescribe me with the necessary meds.

so for now, i'm still taking folic acid daily + i just bought the Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. Hope all goes well for us!

oh, she also told me since my HB and I are still young, can BD every 2 days for higher chance. Hahaha.

Hi All,

Thank you very much!
Bai Fung Wan will be better!

Me and my hub planned to try anymore once we reached 35 too.. High risk actually.. I'm taking just folic acid and evening primrose oil, for the moment. Not much effect actually haha
Hey girl, try taking blacksmore conceive well, and vit b12. :)

I stopped my BCP in early Feb and went to the gynae 2 weeks back for a check-up (in any case I need additional meds to boost my fertility). She did a transvaginal ultrasound + pap smear (since I last did mine 2 yrs back). The ultrasound shows that there isn’t a lot of tiny cysts around my ovaries.. and I’m ovulating as well just that my cycle is longer than the norm. so my gynae told me to try naturally for 1 year first and if still no good news, then she will prescribe me with the necessary meds.

so for now, i'm still taking folic acid daily + i just bought the Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. Hope all goes well for us!

oh, she also told me since my HB and I are still young, can BD every 2 days for higher chance. Hahaha.
BD every 2 days very tired leh. Lol.

yah! exactly what i told my husband too. plus we are all working adults.. most of the time come home already so tired.. where got 'strength' to BD every 2 days :/
Honestly I tried that before. End up both hubby and I unhappy cos of the stress to fulfill the every 2 days. My TCM say every 3 days will do. And I read online sperms can live for 3-7 days. So I think should be ok de also.

Honestly I tried that before. End up both hubby and I unhappy cos of the stress to fulfill the every 2 days. My TCM say every 3 days will do. And I read online sperms can live for 3-7 days. So I think should be ok de also.

Yah. Plus adding on more stress isnt making anything better too..

just to update on my case.. KKH finally return call to me.. and i explain to them my situation.. Till now.. almost 2 wks from due date.. i have not gotten my period. the clinic ask me to hold on till 10 Apr for safety sake. Should my test still negative, then i can induce my period.

Hi all, i am a PCOS mother of 3 kids (diagnosed by KKH). Was given Metformin and Clomic inorder to get preggy before 2007 (my 1st girl was born). Went to see Gynae as well TCM. After 1 year of consultation of TCM with those boiled medicine, and 2 months of taking the 白凤丸,i finally got pregnant in 2006 and gave birth to my 1st girl in 2007 - after 5 years from my marriage. In 2010, also after 2 months of consuming the 白凤丸, I got pregnant the 2nd time, and this time with twins (1 boy and 1 girl). I always recommend this method to those who wish to get pregnant. This 白凤丸 must be taken twice a week, after clear of your menses with warm water. Both my pregnancies are thru this method. Hope all TTC mummy will try as well and hope to hear you all good news soon.

Hi all, I am new to this thread. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago cos my periods didn't come for 6months and due to busy work schedule I thot it's purely stress. We had been ttc for at 1 yr plus without Med but decided to face reality and I had to eat clomid and metformin. Those are the terrible days with the side effects of these 2 Med. But finally I tested positive last year Jan. Faint line and some spotting and it ended in a miscarriage at 5th week. Very disappointed and stopped the metformin. Until few months ago I decided to eat metformin again and we tested positive ovulation on 15th March 16. So we tried. 2 days ago tested negative when I miss period. This morning tested v v v faint positive line after 3min. Very scared it will end up like my previous ... Keeping my fingers crossed. Want to check if anyone of you have good Gynae experienced for PCOS and successfully helped pcos pregnancies go through? I don't Wan to go back to my previous Gynae..

I had pcos but previously my doc did not have me anything to treat it, he straight away ask me to do IUI and I strike first time. By the way I am only slightly overweight and my period are very regular. So surprised that there are many treatments for pcos here!

Hi all, I am new to this thread. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago cos my periods didn't come for 6months and due to busy work schedule I thot it's purely stress. We had been ttc for at 1 yr plus without Med but decided to face reality and I had to eat clomid and metformin. Those are the terrible days with the side effects of these 2 Med. But finally I tested positive last year Jan. Faint line and some spotting and it ended in a miscarriage at 5th week. Very disappointed and stopped the metformin. Until few months ago I decided to eat metformin again and we tested positive ovulation on 15th March 16. So we tried. 2 days ago tested negative when I miss period. This morning tested v v v faint positive line after 3min. Very scared it will end up like my previous ... Keeping my fingers crossed. Want to check if anyone of you have good Gynae experienced for PCOS and successfully helped pcos pregnancies go through? I don't Wan to go back to my previous Gynae..
Can try Irene Chua or Jonathan Wee.

I had pcos but previously my doc did not have me anything to treat it, he straight away ask me to do IUI and I strike first time. By the way I am only slightly overweight and my period are very regular. So surprised that there are many treatments for pcos here!
I think gynae wanna earn your money haha.

Hi ladies, I was am diagnosed with PCOS and fallopian tube block on one side and have tried taking metformin for 3 months but no baby dust yet. Yesterday went to see Gynae again he suggest to go for operation to 'clear the passage way' and started me with clomid. Can i check with you mummies if i can take bai fong wan and clomid? What kind of other supplements can we take? TIA ladies:)
Hi! What doc mean by clear passageway? Means clear the blocked Fallopian tube? If one of your tube is functioning and not blocked, I wouldn't suggest invasive op! You can take blacksmore conceive well! Folic and vit b12. Western and Chinese medicine take 2h apart.

Anyone took microgynon30 for a month to regulate period and then take clomid the next month for pregnancy?

I took clomid few months ago due to PCOS. I got preg but ended up a miscarriage. After D&C, my period is very abnormal (like spotting and bleeding on and off for 2 weeks), so doc gave me microgynon30 and told me to take till my next period and then take clomid once my next period comes to try for preg again. Did anyone encounter this before and successfully get preg again?
Hi, was on clomid and metformin but no luck until clomid stopped and I still continue metformin. Tested positive last week. Waiting for scan next week. I was diagnosed with pcos also and had a mc 2 years ago. Didn't stop trying. Don't give up hope. You will never know what's in store for you. Just keep trying

hello a new pcos member checking in. is truly a struggle and trying times for pcos sufferers but i know is possible because i have a baby last year :) i don't even know what works for me hence im back to this forum for tips and encouragement as i have started to ttc again.

but i took folic acid, vit c and epo. but epo was just a little while and inconsistent. i still have a whole new bottle so i really don't know which one worked.

i stopped my BCP in mid feb. AF came on 22 March came after 32 days (which is pretty normal to me).. and now it's delayed again :( but throughout the past 1 week+ i had sore nipples, cramps, gas etc... but got a BFN :/

hello a new pcos member checking in. is truly a struggle and trying times for pcos sufferers but i know is possible because i have a baby last year :) i don't even know what works for me hence im back to this forum for tips and encouragement as i have started to ttc again.

but i took folic acid, vit c and epo. but epo was just a little while and inconsistent. i still have a whole new bottle so i really don't know which one worked.

Hi , Please read the following link, this is the lastest product recommended by Drs for PCOS. This may help
http://www.haldanepharma.com/view-products.php?id=9

Hi im new here too. I was diagnosed 2 years back, 2 mths aft my wedding.i suspected i had PCOS 4 years back but KKh Overlook this altho they done blood tests and scans. My menses have always been irregular since my puberty starts at 12yrs old.dun forget the acnes, excessive hairs and gaining weight over the years till its difficult to lose them. Its v depressing. Before marriage i dun really care but i start to worry when 1 of my bff pointed out that i might havesome pblems and forced me for check up.
As almost all of my friends who married at the same time as me got pregnant, the stress level just went really high.in the end i decide to go for private doctor since i lose hope in KKh. Im seeing Dr Law Wei Seng in Mount Elizabeth Novena after a recommendation from one of my Dr as he is specialised in Pcos. V understanding, a great listener and shows alot of empathy. He also gave alot of encouragement and support.
Frankly speaking, im not a easy patient to start with. I dun like to eat medications and very difficult to keep up with my medications schedule. Thats the reason why my treatment is delayed.
First few months he started me on metformin and clomid. But no success. 1. Cos i cant ovulate altho i tried clomid but the metformin helps to regulate my menses. 2. I stopped the metformin after lowering the dose from 1000mg per day to the lowest 250mg. But i still cant take it as the side effect is affecting my work and performance. Well i feel that i do lose weight cos i have no appetite to eat when im on metformin. Which make it more worst as i have no enough sugar in my body.in the end my menses stopped again and i just got carried away with work that i didnt realise i dint come menses for 4 mths.
Now after much counselling from my spouse , friends and family.. i went again to start my treatment. This time he gave me another set of new medications and routine to start. I will be on Nonethisone for the menses to come, REVOSIT fto replace the metformin (he said its less side effect), LETROZOLE for ovulation to replace Clomid and 1 other hormone tablet.. Lets hope it work this time. I realy hope i m strong enough to go another round of roller coaster ride. I will update again. Meanwhile.. jiayou everyone!

I have PCOS too, KKH didn't give me a diagnosis as well. When I asked them why I didnt ovulate even though my menses are regular and I have no other symptoms, the MO said they are not sure. However I was recommended to do SO-IUI and got pregnant. Sometimes KKH really jaded and won't bother explaining or read through your records before seeing you. But as long as they solve my problem I am fine. I am still not being treated for PCOS to date.

I have a PCOS and fixed an appt with KKH Dr Tan Heng Hao next month. Probably considering SO-IUI first. Hopefully will succeed on the 1st cycle.

Anyone succeeded via SO-IUI with first try?
I'm 28 and worried doctor will ask me try naturally which I dont wish to.

I tried TCM, Clomid (highest dosage) & natural for almost 1 year but to no avail.

I have a PCOS and fixed an appt with KKH Dr Tan Heng Hao next month. Probably considering SO-IUI first. Hopefully will succeed on the 1st cycle.

I tried TCM, Clomid (highest dosage) & natural for almost 1 year but to no avail.
Hi.. you can let him know your concerns he will still respect your decision de. Dont worry. I failed my so-iui and moved on to ivf. Best of luck to u!!

I succeeded in first try at age 28 with KKH too. My doctor don't believe in waiting too long, so he ask me to proceed to SO-IUI immediately after diagnosed. My husband also has low sperm count.

Just relax and carry on with normal life. Try not to stress. I didn't take anything special food or do special things except for the supplements doctor gave me.

Back