Chicken pox Vaccine taken inadvertantly while pregnant.. Help! worried...

macam

Hi all, I just realize that i am pregnant and after taking the digital clearblue test. im '3+' which would mean > 5 weeks preggie. However a month back i tested negative and took a Chickenpox vaccine as i did not get it before and came into contact with a relative who was having it.
In the information leaflet it says that you shouldnt try to conceive when you take the vaccine till 3 months later after the 1st dose. The lousy GP also did not mention anything about pregnancy and i only found out after reading the leaflet at home.

Anyone with such experience?? or know of anyone who did and baby came out safe?

Hi all, I just realize that i am pregnant and after taking the digital clearblue test. im '3+' which would mean > 5 weeks preggie. However a month back i tested negative and took a Chickenpox vaccine as i did not get it before and came into contact with a relative who was having it.
In the information leaflet it says that you shouldnt try to conceive when you take the vaccine till 3 months later after the 1st dose. The lousy GP also did not mention anything about pregnancy and i only found out after reading the leaflet at home.

Anyone with such experience?? or know of anyone who did and baby came out safe?

Hello, i suggest you make appt to see a gynac in a hospital, explain to them the situation, i do not believe your is the 1st of such case in Singapore. Let the expert give you proper advice and reccommend to you the correct course of action.

All the best

The GP should have informed u! I did mine too and the GP actually took out the pamphlet n highlight it to me that I should not get pregnant within 3months.
I also called my gynea to double check, gynea is even more conservative she said I should only start trying after 5 menses cycle.

Back