Confinement Lady To Recommend

Hi mummies,

Anyone engaged Aunty Mary before?

SG HP : 82619739

Msia HP : 0167421551

She says she fully booked till end this year but recommended me her jie mei Yu Lan.

Asking for $400 deposit

And does not give me Yu Lan's number saying can contact through her.

Aunty Mary claims she is in her late forties,

Just checking if she is reliable before I transfer the deposit to her.

Please help!!!

If not any good CL to recommend?

Hi newmom,

I've used ikare before and I won't recommend them. Had very bad experience.. Their rate is $2050 with an initial $500 deposit first. I haven't tried other confinement agencies so can't comment much about it.

Thanks for the revert Enxuan! Who did u use eventuallly? A freelance nanny?

Anyone else with a very good and reliable nanny recommendation?

Enxuan, I saw yr good post of a nanny before....now I no longer can see it. What happened on that post? That is not from ikare???

Hi Gigi, I used ikare when I delivered my twins in April 2011 n I have no regrets. U may want to arrange to meet w may before deciding?

At least tats wad I did.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gigi, why would you need the name of the bad nanny? Thought you finished your confinement already? And anyway, I don't exactly know what the auntie is called as I only refer to her as auntie and May didn't give me any details on the auntie. Just claimed that it's their exclusive nanny which I found out to be untrue anyway.

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Dear mummies,

U can check out GPLS & PEM agencies too besides I-Kare. U can google, call and check out their rates.

There are good freelance confinement nannies out there but sometimes recommendation may not be what u are looking. To one person, she may seems alright. Maybe to you, it will be a whole lot different.

We are all special, unique and individual beings. So after going through an unhappy confinement, I would strongly recommend to go through agency (if I am expecting my 2nd child).

I heard that if u are unhappy with the one that the agency sent, u can ask for a replacement.

Once bitten, twice shy (for hiring a freelance confinement nanny). Just sharing my thoughts. Decision is still up to all the mummies to decide. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cheers.

Yeah.. I agree to Helen.. And I think all MTB can check out others agency too..

My personal experience wif May is ok... we did have some misunderstanfing. but later it is resolved when my hubby complained....

( e.g before signing the contract she will agree to any terms u say and everything seem so wonderful, but after sign n start e confinement, s a different story.... no follow up from her.. no msg to ask if u are ok... and stuff... is onli after my hubby call and msg her.. then her service improve tremendously... )

i guess there is no harm looking around and decide which one you r more comfortable with. Cos the 1 mth confinement s impt for us.. n our emotional then s nt too strong... n definietly we do not want to go into post-natal blues.

Jus my tots though..

YJ, during yr confinement...

1) did you get the nanny you asked for?

2) did she initiate the change of yr CN (1st)?

3) how prompt was she to the replacement process... Did she asked you to wait for two days?

4) did she attempt to solve issues even had to buy groceries for her CN?

I will confront May with these questions for truth. B'cos it's very impt not to mislead by information post here. I too had recommended some mummies here to her agency. For all it's worth.... Personally I need to know.

I HAVE TO SHARE THIS MUMS....I can't believe the ridiculous service offered by this company and May from 'i-kare'.

After chasing her for more then 2 months for the contract to confirm the "Feng Jie' that she promised (we didnt even get to see Fen Jie's picture nor passport as she was 'renewing it', even though May promised to send it over), when we were overseas May finally sent us the contact. When we got back, we received a rude SMS stating that 'if you dont want Feng Jie I will let her go'. From her email to our return was 6 days, after calling her for more 2 days and when she finally answered; i explained that we were overseas and her curt response was 'you dont tell me how i know'. Hence suspicion set in.

On the day we spoke was the day we sent the contract immediate over. Out of good faith even though we were promised things, the contract had no coverage and minute assurance for the client; we still sent it in with A clause inclusion of what we thought was just- 'the nanny shall exercise due diligence for safety and hygience when caring for the Baby and mother'. With this another lengthy SMS came from May that I was being inconsiderate and insensible to have such a clause. Excuse me?!?! to ask that the nanny be safe and clean is not a worthy cause to protect the client?

Hence she found it unacceptable as it was her terms only and simply said 'its ok' and stopped all correspondence with us without even a discussion. Now i am left stranded 2 months before baby arrives. I simply MUST tell this incident to all mums to be to be cautious of this company. Just because we needed extra help to care for our newborn does not mean these companies can take advantage of our plight. I didnt want to complain to the registra of companies but if this is happening to me, it would happen to others too! I simply cant believe this....

Take heed mums to be;

xoxo STranded... and upset...

STranded,

I am actually keen in engaging the nanny you mentioned "Feng" during my confinement period - end Sept/early Oct. My husband and I were too 'chasing her' for nearly two months for Feng's confirmation. Because we were recommended by my cousin whom had engaged Feng 4mths back. Her reasons being 'she had been reserved' but reserved with no actual booking and we told her we wanted to reserve her on the very day but she told us that since she had reserved her (for some mommy) already we have to wait. ST, since you've 'reserved' her why didn't you booked her? Is it because didn't wanna confirm your booking so that you can pick and choose again or perhaps it's the reason you've penned here but ultimately, you choose not to confirm 'your choice' May is free to decide even not to let you engage her. In the end we didn't even get to book Feng. We are given another nanny 'Ping' but to be frank, upon reading your post.... I actually called her up to asked if Feng is still avail... but May replied she has put her on reserve list instead and had officially closed bookings for that month. When we mentioned we wanted a switch.... she said she'll not be making any changes. Now i know why she did that!

As a consumer.... i could understand your frustration of waiting. I do believe May is reasonable and you've chose to not to inform her when you've gone overseas... she 'reserved' her nanny for you and yet got 'back-stabbed' from you when she decide not to take up your offer....with integrity, she also didn't recommend Feng out too. You can complain but you didn't realise due to your 'hesitant' act another mummy was also affected at the other end too right?

Usually, this forum is a place for mummies and to 'share' experiences and hence also indirectly become a 'tool' for other motives.... sad.

Gigi,

we did not reserve her, we already Confirmed her. That is why we were so keenly pursuing for the contract. The agency chose to retract their services, not us by choice. Why would we have any motive or gain from this account of our experience... its what we went through and our hope that nobody else goes through this too.

ST,

Did u paid her deposit for yr cfm booking? If u did so... I would say she's unethical. Be fair to them... They don't wait just for you only.

ST,

I read with curiosity over yr issue.....Apparently u've not signed anything not to mention placing any deposit.

It's like going to a developer with an intention to buy a house but tell the developer 'I am definitely buying from you' but didn't place any deposit nor signed any contract and let the developer wait for 2 Mths n later 'tell' the developer yr terms not fair and later complain n tell everyone this company had 'bad service!! Because they reject u. Same scenario?

Justine- How do i pay the deposit when the agency does not sign back the contract (which we have signed when they finally sent it, they then retracted it?).....it took them almost 2 months to send the contract over, not the other way around...

St,

I believe u mention 'inclusion' by you in the contract.... Was it discussed before you sign? When you include inclusion all terms n conditions agreed before has to discuss again right? Either party have the right to consider again. If May has reserve yr nanny.... Two months wait is not the reason rather it's the 'inclusion' clause you have added prior discussion and attain agreement upon.

Anyone who need a good CL, hygiene & pro bf can PM me. My CL cum nanny is very good. She is with us for 3 months+

Sep onwards she will be able to take new task.

Hi,

My CL is also not bad and would like to recommend her if anyone interested. She's currently at my pl, 47 yrs old Cantonese. Didn't mind feeding and bathing my 2nd daughter. Cooks for my hubby n 2 other kids w/o extra cost. She's clean ( so far no complains). My gal has jaundice n hv to b e pl gor phototherapy at home but to b removed from it every 2 hrs if not will dehydrate and it's quite hiring actually... But she's ok wif it though only 2 nites, Im already thankful. I also sety alarm juz in case she overslept n my bb chaotah but so far I woke up wif her already on standby.

Hi ussgibb,

Did you engage auntie yuhua from I kare in the end? Can you share with me your confinement experience with her? I'm thinking of getting her too and agent said she is very hot and needs to confirm by this week. You can pm me. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi I am due in mid dec, will need a gd confinement lady who is willing to travel to japan to help me out.

any recommendation ?

Chermaine or whoever u r! Fancy trying to smear other ppl's or company. If you r genuine but you are NOT! From yr posts...

A Singapore Motherhood Portal for the Singapore Parents

Year 2004 and earlier Mums

Top 10 Primary ...

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 6:59 pm - not easy to get the space

Carpe Diem

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:01 pm - each teacher is different

Enopi Maths

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:05 pm - quite good.

MOMMY CLUB - Yr 2007 P1s (Yr2000 Millennium & Dragon Babi...

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:04 pm - i think most important is

Preggie Friends Since 2003

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:00 pm - where to see sample?

SOKA kindergarten

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:03 pm - good for children to lear

Year 2006 Mums

A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:06 pm - so fun.

Any mummy stay with mother in law?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:07 pm - i am so lucky too

Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:08 pm - ya depend on individual p

Year 2011 Mums

Confinement Lady To Recommend

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:01 pm - Upset! i had a very bad

Year 2012 Mums

Any good confinement lady for recomendation?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:15 pm - Upset! i had a very bad

Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies

! A good Confinement lady to recommend?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:18 pm - Upset! i had a very

bad

Look at the time n posts you have posted.... Yr intention was clearly painted! You post at diff threads just to increase the number of posts n finally write one long 'made up' story post...if you are genuine, what is the name of yr nanny? & why pay the nanny on her last day?

I will link this to I-Kare n let them decide if they could retrieve IP address of this registered account from motherhood forum n hope they will take action against for ppl doing false accusation n keep this forum decent n free from harassment...

Hi Chermaine,

You do not accept pm. Wanted to ask you what is the confinement lady you engaged from I kare? I'm very keen to know coz I too engaged their services for next year. You can pm me if you dun wish to post on the forum. Thanks.

I m having confinement now. My CL is still wif me till next fri.pm me if u need one. Can talk to her la. Btw she is from Indonesia.

hey,

I had a hard time too.

CL also from Ikare.

Very strict...

Time to eat, time to sleep, the CL also want control me. Even use computer longer, she will nag. She said cannot sleep with air-con, cannot open window cause will get wind, cannot blow fan. So hot the weather, how to take it?

To me, shower is very important as I fully breastfeed cause need to clean my body properly, to allow my baby sucks on my breast without any germ. Can imagine I sweating while feeding my baby all the time? Also the wound below got to keep very clean. So that won't get infected. CL insisted that I bath once a week. Having hard time explaining to her on the hygiene issue. Cl keep saying must follow else next time I will suffer. And when I insisted, she said up to you lar, if next time suffer not her business. :-(

Because she constantly nags, I tried bath fast in order she don't see I bath and I accidentally hit on my c sect wound and bleed, good thing my hubby was home, faster ask hubby fetch me see doc. Wound recovering. My confinement finally over now. Relief. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi pac,

are u a friend of I-kare?

i noticed u have been promoting I-kare everywhere in this forum and u get so agitated when i shared my experienced.

Hi fifiyo,

I had also engage a cl from ikare and will be due pretty soon. Can u share with me who is your strict cl from ikare ? I am worried is the cl that I select, then I can prep myself for it

I totally agreed yuong! I am going to due next month and hope the cl I engaged is not as bad as some mummies encountered [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so far I looked thru the threads I didn't see her name as bad or lousy cl which I assumed is a gd news.. Lucky I did not or not recommended to cl Irene which seem to be such a monster cl..

Nw I just prayed my cl is good and helpful but nt someone who gave me additional stress ..

I heard that Baby Hyperstore in Kaki bukit is having its Annual warehouse sale. The sale will start on the 4th to 7th of November. 5th and 6th will be the midnight sale. I am interested to go there and find stuff for my kids at very reasonable prices. See you there Moms and Dads.

I would like to recommend my confinement lady as well.. Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Im very grateful to my CL. So grateful that there is nothing I can do but to recommend more "business" for her.. She really takes good care of me and my baby.. She is strict with baby's routine in order to set a good habit for the baby (eg. like drinking milk at certain timings, not to carry baby immediately when they cry, encourages me to pump more breastmilk for baby, making plenty of different soup/drinks).

She is also very nice and ensure I am good and well.. She prepares breakfast, lunch, tea break, dinner and supper for me because she says those who are specially on breast feeding have to eat more so as to have more milk. Even if it means I need a milo nearing her bed time, she will be smiling and making it for me.. In fact, she is always happy that Im eating more coz I don't have much appetite during this period..

For those who are into breast feeding, she is very supportive of it. She will ensure I drink enough fluid to have enough milk and she don't let me do anything but always encourages me to rest and rest..

Of course, there are plenty of good things about her and Im very grateful to it..

Her name is Lily Goh or Yan Jie and anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

to all mums,

i wanna recommend my confinement lady auntie ah Kee if you are looking for a good reliable and trustworthy confinement lady.

Im still doing confinement now so if you wanna speak to her u may call her singapore number.84395879

I even extended her till mid august to help me.

Im not advertising for her. i jus find her V nice and wishes that she gets more jobs.

auntie Ah kee say as long as work happy, everyone happy can liao.

Pros:

1. Super clean, Baths and change of clothes after every cooking

2. Starts her day early ard 7

3. Very systematic. she bathes baby every morning are 9am and cleans her again in the evening ard 6pm.

4. prepares my water for shower every evening and after i shower she'll always ensure i have warm chicken essence/ birds nest.

5.easily awakes for night feeds and i can leave my baby in her good hands.

6. not lazy. evening if she has time for rest during noon she will only rest awhile then start to find things to do.

7.easy going. doesnt mind cooking for the family. she can eat left overs from us and she doesnt mind

8. always ensure im not hungry and my portion of food is always quite a huge serving. whereas, herself, she eats simple veg w rice or leftovers

9. doesnt mind sleeping in the living room as we have no rooms for her.

10.always makes HOT towel for me before BF and ensure i have my longan drink during BF and very encouraging when i dun have enuf milk

cons:

food has not much variation. however i dun mind as the food she cooks is tasty enuf.

Please email me if u need verification.

[email protected]

All mummies, pls do not hire Aunty Ah Bao from Johor..She is recommended by Aunty Xin Hua..

No standard..Super dirty, lazy and rude!...I've posted at Singapore forum Confinement Lady (page 7). U also can pm me for verification.

Back