Preparing essesntial baby items . Pls see the list

anesha

Hi mummies im preparing baby items for my Edd may 2015. Please see if i need to add on to the list
1. NB clothes few sets
2. Feeding bottle
3. Wet wipes
4. Diapers
5. Baby toilertories
6.baby oil- to get rid of wind*
7. Soft towel
8. Bath tub
9. Nappy rash cream*
Can mummies suggest brands for the * items

Most of my baby needs i will use Pigeon. And don't forgot about baby laundry detergent. I had been using Kodomo, this time round thinking to change to Tollyjoy. Any mummies use before?

You may want to consider the following

1) Steriliser to sterilise the milk bottles. Of course, you can choose traditional methods - i.e. boil water type but I thk steriliser is really easier.
2) Mittens. I thk is useful during initial stage to prevent baby from biting their fingers.
3) Swaddle. For the 1st 3 mths, babies will feel safer when you saddle them when they sleep. Is like in mummy's stomach where the environment is enclosed.
4) Bean bag. Again, is good to put on baby's stomach cos is like security to them. Sometimes they may get startled half way in their sleep. The bean bag does act as a 'security'.
5) Baby cot/Playpen.
6) Pillow
7) Cleaning detergent - for washing bottles etc.
8) Infant formula. Again, breastfeed is good but i thought is good to standby a small can in case you don't hv the flow initially. You can hv a mixture until you have the flow. But do note, some ladies don't have much milk. Is ok. Don't blame yourself if you can't breastfeed ya.

For baby oil, can consider Eucalyptus or Ru Yi oil. Pple said Ru Yi is more for chinna pple :p I like the fragnance of Eucalyptus. If possible, can prep both. Ru Yi oil can rub on baby's leg & chest if baby is having flu.

For nappy rash cream, lots of brand out there. Personally, i opt for value for money (e.g. Pureen) but it depends on the sensitivity of your baby's skin. Maybe you buy 1 and try 1st. If your baby can't take that brand, then try another brand.

I've been using Mustela vitamin barrier cream for my 2 month old girl, love it!

Maybe also consider buying disposable nursing pads, nursing pillow and nipple cream if you're breastfeeding?

Other things I bought were lots of small washcloths to bathe baby and for wiping milk off her mouth etc, a grooming kit with nail cutter and nasal aspirator, waterproof mattress liners to put under the bedsheet in case her diaper leaks.

And don't forget stuff for yourself too! Like TONS of overnight sanitary pads, and late night snacks for when you have to stay up and feed baby :D

I've been using Mustela vitamin barrier cream for my 2 month old girl, love it!

Maybe also consider buying disposable nursing pads, nursing pillow and nipple cream if you're breastfeeding?

Other things I bought were lots of small washcloths to bathe baby and for wiping milk off her mouth etc, a grooming kit with nail cutter and nasal aspirator, waterproof mattress liners to put under the bedsheet in case her diaper leaks.

And don't forget stuff for yourself too! Like TONS of overnight sanitary pads, and late night snacks for when you have to stay up and feed baby :D
Hi chuaj,
Can you please share more on why you like the Mustela vitamin barrier cream? I am thinking of getting this. Do you use it at every nappy change?

Hi chuaj,
Can you please share more on why you like the Mustela vitamin barrier cream? I am thinking of getting this. Do you use it at every nappy change?
It's almost odorless, unlike some diaper rash creams that smell very strong, and it has a nice texture, creamy without being too heavy (if that makes sense at all...) I haven't been using it diligently especially at nighttime diaper changes when I'm trying my best to do things fast, so there were times her bottom started to get red. When that happens, I apply the cream at every diaper change and later that same day or the next day, the skin is back to normal again.

It's almost odorless, unlike some diaper rash creams that smell very strong, and it has a nice texture, creamy without being too heavy (if that makes sense at all...) I haven't been using it diligently especially at nighttime diaper changes when I'm trying my best to do things fast, so there were times her bottom started to get red. When that happens, I apply the cream at every diaper change and later that same day or the next day, the skin is back to normal again.
Thanks chuaj. Is the cream easy to spread? Cause like you say there are many brands out there where the texture is a bit thick so it's quite difficult to spread on baby's skin.

Thanks chuaj. Is the cream easy to spread? Cause like you say there are many brands out there where the texture is a bit thick so it's quite difficult to spread on baby's skin.

Yeah it's smooth and really easy to apply on the skin, washes off your hands after that very easily too.

Reactions: Elm

Back