IVF at KKH

Hahaha me too. I knew this because I did a cycle private lab with CARE. They allow husbands to go in during ER. then I ask my husband how was it and my husband told me my mouth was opened during the ER. Whahhaha. Unglam.

Think husband go in better leh so that they know how hard it is, like doing a mini surgery...

Take care muff and good luck to u too!

Think husband go in better leh so that they know how hard it is, like doing a mini surgery...

Take care muff and good luck to u too!
Thanks!
I also think so. Most private can go in or see from the side. Kkh definitely no. TFC also no. Only CARE allows full access inside and Mount e beside the op theatre via glass screen.

Thanks!
I also think so. Most private can go in or see from the side. Kkh definitely no. TFC also no. Only CARE allows full access inside and Mount e beside the op theatre via glass screen.

I read from TFC website say can now... They have this simplified IVF thingy now

I think ET will be like insemination like that? But ER more pain that's why need sedation? Wa pierce through the ovaries to retrieve the eggs, hear Liao also pain.

Hello everybody.. I am new here and am scheduled to start ivf in late apr. I had a opt 2 yrs back to unblock my tubes (both were blocked) but dr only managed to unblock 1 side. have been ttc since then but still unsuccessful. kkh scheduled me for a HSG and dr informed that the 'working' tube is very inflammed. success rates would drop by 50% if i proceed with ivf in my current condition. residues in the tube would flow back to contaminate the embryo and prevent implantation. she suggested to clip or drain the tubes first before proceeding.
Am in a lost as i had waited for so long to do ivf. anyone here also facing the same prob?
I done op to unblock my tubes last year. But this year both are blocked again... Dr Tan also ask if I wanna clipped the tubes before I proceed with next cycle. I choose not to as I have done 3 ops in total already. Dun wanna go thru another op. I start my 2nd cycle today.

hmmm. not sure how it works. But I didnt had to go back scans that often, Maybe 3 times? in KK only twice hah! after my 2nd cycle most docs put me on auto pilot program - meaning I know what to expect liao and returning most twice during the stims is the max for me.

Maybe your eggs growth quite stable. I think they probably want attract foreign couples too, so the "simplified "became the key. I read the stages and procedures it looks the same like KKH.

Hi Ladies.. Went for my first consultation at kkh with Dr. Veronique as subsidized patient. Before this, I have a record with kkh 2 years back for the cysts/fibroid surgery, and hubby low sperm count. After the surgery, i am ovulating well, tubes are fine but hubby sperm still low count. Then just now, both me and hubby did blood tests. Hubby need to do sperm check and i need to do SIS both scheduled in may. Results appt with doctor in june whether to proceed with ivf. Any ladies here whose hubby have problems with sperm count?

Hi Ladies.. Went for my first consultation at kkh with Dr. Veronique as subsidized patient. Before this, I have a record with kkh 2 years back for the cysts/fibroid surgery, and hubby low sperm count. After the surgery, i am ovulating well, tubes are fine but hubby sperm still low count. Then just now, both me and hubby did blood tests. Hubby need to do sperm check and i need to do SIS both scheduled in may. Results appt with doctor in june whether to proceed with ivf. Any ladies here whose hubby have problems with sperm count?

I think a lot of us here have same problem. The sperm check will determine what type of procedure you should do to conceive.

Well mine was super low morphology like 2-3%. Count is ok.

Hi @Pinkgrrl, my hb has low sperm count too. came back from KKH. he did 2nd time sperm check and this time round get lower. Doc asked whether he want to do a blood test on chromosomes to check on genes issue and ultrascan but she mentioned that usually report came back to her will be negative. I checked with her the price on the blood test on chromosomes, it was $300 plus.

Doc mentioned that we are not suitable to do iui due to low sperm count in the end .we made the decision to do ivf. i give myself few month more for nature first.

Last edited:
Hi @Fel C, i think my gynae mentioned that there are pills made of herbs that can help boost sperm count / quality of sperm. Let me know if u need contact of my gynae..

Last edited:
Hi @Pinkgrrl, my hb has low sperm count too. came back from KKH. he did 2nd time sperm check and this time round get lower. Doc asked whether he want to do a blood test on chromosomes to check on genes issue and ultrascan but she mentioned that usually report came back to her will be negative. I checked with her the price on the blood test on chromosomes, it was $300 plus.

Doc mentioned that we are not suitable to do iui due to low sperm count in the end .we made the decision to do ivf. i give myself few month more for nature first.

Hi @Fel C.. So did your hubby do the chromosomes blood test? If yes, what is the result?

@muff Ic.. So which stage are you now on ivf?
Me ah.... I finished my 4th cycle of ivf. Sort of pregnant but cannot find the sac. In the end I have to terminate it with a jab because scared of ectopic repeating. Now measuring hcg through blood test weekly till hcg drops significantly. Hee

8th day of jab... Disappointing to know only have 5 follicles...
Sky don't be disappointed. I know you feel low in follicles in terms of numbers but I can tell you the most important thing you should focus is the fertilization rate. I share with you my story. I have 21 eggs extracted but in the end I only have 3 fertilized. So maybe our fert rate is high. Dn worry yet.

My previous two cycles worse. 23 eggs only 1 made it to blast :)

Sky don't be disappointed. I know you feel low in follicles in terms of numbers but I can tell you the most important thing you should focus is the fertilization rate. I share with you my story. I have 21 eggs extracted but in the end I only have 3 fertilized. So maybe our fert rate is high. Dn worry yet.

My previous two cycles worse. 23 eggs only 1 made it to blast :)
Thank you...
My 1st cycle only had 4 follicles n only 2 can be used. But end up no implantation.
This time I hope at least I can have a couple frozen.

Thank you...
My 1st cycle only had 4 follicles n only 2 can be used. But end up no implantation.
you should be fine. positive ! I meant your fert rate should be good!

Thank you...
Agree with muff that fertilisation rate is more important. I had 13 eggs retrieved in 1st cycle and so happy. Turned out all crappy and only 1 fertilised via icsi somemore! Good luck with ur 2nd cycle!

Hi Mummies.... this is my first forum.
Is there a funding for IVF if above 40? I was considering doing IVF instead of tube reversal.

Hi Mummies.... this is my first forum.
Is there a funding for IVF if above 40? I was considering doing IVF instead of tube reversal.
They go strictly by your birthdate. Once you hit 40 before the embryo transfer then no co fund will be given. Medisave you still can use it.

My beloved @Fafy so nice to hear from u again!! My 2nd cycle was BFN. Will try for my 3rd cycle a few months later. Hope u are coping fine my dear. :)
Oh dear... Hugsssss to u ~ did the doc says y? I hope u are coping fine there dear. Im alright now- gathering my courage to go throught this again. I hope im as strong as you ❤️ Take care @Marshmallow_BB

Hi ladies, just had my first consultation at kkh today. I went in as private and was ordered to do some blood tests today. Previously, i was with dr SF loh of TFC but decided to switch to kkh after reading up on cofunding for ivf. I believe that we have unexplained fertility since the tests with dr loh all came back normal but I lost some of the test results and hence had to retake again today at kkh.

Was assigned Dr Khong CC and realized that there wasn't much gd reviews (mostly bad ones) of him on this forum. Not sure if I can ask to switch doctor for next visit? I was told to return 1 month later for an ultrasound and he would review the blood test results with me and see if I need to get a scope or not.

Want to find out what is the usual procedure for kkh before they decide if you are suitable for iui/ivf? Would it be better for me to stay on at kkh while they try to find out the cause of my infertility? Cus there is a small part of me that is thinking of returning to dr loh but if I were to eventually do ivf, cost would be a factor and i would prefer to use the cofund and medisave at kkh.

Back