IVF with Dr Tan Heng Hao from KKH

Hello Emily Tan,

Thanks so much! I'm feeling very nervous about the ultrasound scan tomorrow actually. Hoping to be able to see my baby's heartbeat and that baby is healthy, alive and growing well. :) Are you also seeing Dr Tan? :)

It is an exciting day for u tmr! Hopethe scan is as perfect as can be!

No reason given for the miscarriage... Dr Tan just said cld be fetus is abnormal. But there were some signs that something was not right, like the fetus was growing slower than expected, etc. So even though we heard the heartbeat, it didn't grow after a certain point...

hi mumwannabe, I wanna see dr tan too. yet to make appt. but doin it soon once I sorted out some stuffs. a few questions to ask... if I want to see dr tan throughout, I cannot go n take ref letter and get subsidized right? I do not wan to see different gynaes all e time, it will confuse me and stress me up! thanks in advance.

hi mumwannabe, I wanna see dr tan too. yet to make appt. but doin it soon once I sorted out some stuffs. a few questions to ask... if I want to see dr tan throughout, I cannot go n take ref letter and get subsidized right? I do not wan to see different gynaes all e time, it will confuse me and stress me up! thanks in advance.

Hello Emily, if you choose subsidised rate, you wouldn't be able to choose the doctor you want to see. If you wish to see Dr Tan Heng Hao throughout, you will be charged based on private rates. I saw Dr Tan yesterday and he was in a mad rush. I think he was trying to clear as many patients as possible and I did feel he didn't have much time to spend with me to analyse my scans. But I think it could be a once-off situation as he had just returned from his conference and was trying to clear as many cases as possible.

My scan showed that I was 5.4 weeks (although based on online calculators, I'm supposed to be 6 weeks). Although I am slightly worried about the results, I am thankful that the sonographer said that the baby's heartbeat and fetal pole are both present and detected! The baby is only 2mm now though, when most online posts say that the baby is supposed to be around 5-7mm. So I am still quite concerned. There is nothing much I can do though, except to think positive and keep praying for baby to stay alive, grow healthily and be strong! Please keep me in your prayers too.

Dr Tan has prescribed me aspirin to try to reduce my miscarriage risk (cos I had a blighted ovum at 5.6 weeks previously) as it will thin my blood and improve the nutrient flow to my baby. I'm really hoping and praying hard that my baby can grow healthily and I can see baby growing well at my next scan in 2 weeks' time! Another 2-week wait! I am anxiously waiting again~

Keep us posted, Emily!

hi_mei, when did you know something was not right? I'm trying very hard not to be negative and scared (worried, anxious, etc), but my mind keeps wandering and wondering! Argh! Hope you are recovering well, dear!

Hi mumwannabe

Glad u could see ur baby and the heartbeat! Congrats!

Ya I suspected something not right at the first scan cuz at exactly 6 wks they could not find fetal pole. Dr Tan sounded qt negative that time and asked to come for rescan at 7wk. At 7wk can see the fetal pole and heartbeat. But the fetal pole measured 6wk4d. I thought was ok, mb just growing slowly. But at the next scan at 10wk no more hb liao.

This is just my experience. I think there are others with same situation turned out ok. Just have to try to be positive.

Hi mumwannabe

Glad u could see ur baby and the heartbeat! Congrats!

Ya I suspected something not right at the first scan cuz at exactly 6 wks they could not find fetal pole. Dr Tan sounded qt negative that time and asked to come for rescan at 7wk. At 7wk can see the fetal pole and heartbeat. But the fetal pole measured 6wk4d. I thought was ok, mb just growing slowly. But at the next scan at 10wk no more hb liao.

This is just my experience. I think there are others with same situation turned out ok. Just have to try to be positive.

I'm so sorry to make you go through the painful memory, but I really appreciate your kindness in letting us know... Jia you, hi_mei. I hope to hear good news from you soon! *hugs*

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. I've read everyone email tread & decided to join all.
I got married last year Dec and trying to have a bb soon as I'm not young. Unfortunately my gynea in SGH say that I've endometriosis, 2 fallopian tubes are block and enlarge uterus too. Recently Doc in SGH given me a jab call triptorelin (Decapeptyl) and my ivf program will start in Dec. I'm kind of worry becoz I've no idea how's the program going to be like will it be very painful during the hormone jab and extract of the egg etc. I need advise from everyone.

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. I've read everyone email tread & decided to join all.
I got married last year Dec and trying to have a bb soon as I'm not young. Unfortunately my gynea in SGH say that I've endometriosis, 2 fallopian tubes are block and enlarge uterus too. Recently Doc in SGH given me a jab call triptorelin (Decapeptyl) and my ivf program will start in Dec. I'm kind of worry becoz I've no idea how's the program going to be like will it be very painful during the hormone jab and extract of the egg etc. I need advise from everyone.
Hi gal, you should join IVF with KKH forum. Its more active & informative. Are u doing IVF w SGH?

Hi @Faith&Hope, not that I heard of... Only know there is a unit in NUH. But I have not asked Tan HH before though... I think u stay with NUH better? All the best babe.. I know it is a very long journey, but have faith u will get there one day :)

I tried intralipids with Dr Loh SF and it worked. Heard that it is useful for recurrent miscarriages. Maybe you want to check wjth him.

Im so happy to hear that! All this positive news brighten up my day. Take care and rest plenty. Im planning to start next year.

Hi,

Did anyone of you transfer out fr TFC (Dr SF Loh) to KKH (Dr Tan HH)?
Was the transfer challenging meaning did Dr Loh review the protocol or your medical records to KKH? Or is it difficult to draw all the records fr him?

I am considering if I should do a switch to save cost.

Hi,

Did anyone of you transfer out fr TFC (Dr SF Loh) to KKH (Dr Tan HH)?
Was the transfer challenging meaning did Dr Loh review the protocol or your medical records to KKH? Or is it difficult to draw all the records fr him?

I am considering if I should do a switch to save cost.
Hi I went straight to kkh on Dr Loh's advice.
Was randomly assigned Dr Tan. He is ok, don't worry. Just follow what he prescribes for u. Gd luck!
For medical records, everything that is printed I passed to Dr Tan. So don't have to go thru the tests again.

Hi Yvejen, is there a reason to transfer out fromo SF Loh?

I am doing my 4th cycle with THH at KKH. I did my IVF with SF Loh before, no results. Anyway the subsidy will help alot in cost. In terms of doctor experience, I think KK is ok except that you will need to endure the long wait. SF's wait is like 1hr + KK is probably double.

Hi ladies, if I'm a public patient at kkh, is it possible to opt for Dr tan HH and re-queue? I'm due to start my 1st cycle anytime next week. Somehow I had the impression It is cheaper to not have an assigned doc but I just realised I still can use Medisave after subsidy with dr tan, so the total costs will be abt the same as no assigned doc. Is that correct? Sorry so many questions, I m trying to decide if to call to cancel this coming cycle and re-queue for doc tan.
And anyone knows how many mths is the wait for him?
Thanks so much!

If i am not wrong, if u are subsidised patient referred from polyclinic (ie cannot choose doctor), it is cheaper.

If u want to choose doctor, it is more ex, tho there is still govt grant given to u to defray cost.

Hi correct me if I am wrong. The blood test before start of ivf has price different in terms of subsidies and private. But once in ivf Centre it is the same. But the private patient status will carry on after regency is detected which is where the expensive part comes in.

Ok thanks ladies for your replies, I've decided to get out of my public patient queue n start queuing for Dr Tan. Made an appt to see him in Apr.
Sian 3 mths wasted. Gd luck to everyone going for IVF here!

Back