Baby shower

mylove

Hi all, anyone can share your baby shower wif me? My time is very tight . I m doing all alone , my hubby just relax and let me plan . I got less than 3 wks to plan and book everything. Looking for venue to hold . Isit mainly a chit chat eating session or there is games I nd to include in it. Can I hold two separate days instead of one coz I gt large no of pple, which is better? Which cake house is gd and reasonable price . I try nt to spend so much .help help pls. Thx you!

hi kacie

just to share my bb shower experience:

it was a very simple affair with around 40pax, held at my 5-rm flat. I staggered the event time, 11-2 (family & close frds) & 12-3 (colleagues) so that i won't have a big group at buffet line.

No cakes as my in-laws & parents couldn't agree on a common date to distribute. They pantang say can't distribute on different days so we fed up and dropped the whole cake thingy. Save $$ too! Some mums in my thread ordered from Sweetest Moments coz packaging is nice & reasonable pricing.

It's more of a chit chat session for us. There were a few kids but they self-entertained themselves. No need for games. With a large no of pp, it's hard to chat with everyone and manage bb at same time, not to mention include games for kids lor.

As for location, can try hotel & country club function room if got bigger budget. Else will be multi-purpose area if flat or function room if condo.

Some mums in my thread with large grp of pp held it on same day but 2 different sessions, lunch & dinner. As for holding over 2 days, it depends on whether u pantang or not lor. In case u're not aware, for bb girl should celebrate b4 actual 1 mth, boys on actual day. Pantang belief also lah.

I only spent on the catering which cost less than $1k. Angbao for bb covered the cost liao, even "earned" profit! ;p

Thx for sharing usaginoko,
Mine is 3 rms flats only, nt sure if I can manage so many pple at home . Coz mine coming close to 80-100 pax . which catering u choose ?

Anyone tried xinyipin catering? The package looks attractive . Still comes with cupcake and glutinous rice .

My frd living in 3rm flat did it at home too. Quite a large grp of pp, at least 50 with many kids n a few bb. He has a long corridor outside his place so everyone sat outside except those w bb was in his hall n room. I saw the caterer coming to refill food at 2pm, so I believe his was staggered timing too.

I ordered from Chili Padi. Yummy peranakan
food but a little ex compared to other caterers. But still managed to cover cost n earn extra for diapers. Hehehe ;)

I have three kids and always use a function room/ playroom/ event hall in clubs. Usually invite about 70 pax.

You can ask close friends who live in condo (usually there are playgrounds so children can self entertain) or try The Grassroots Club or Orchid Country Club or Safra.

I order my ang ku kuehs by searching for food reviews online. Next month I'll be having a baby shower for my 3rd kid and have ordered my ang ee from Singapore Mochi. Recommended by some mothers in this forum.

Food wise, if you use some venues, they had official caterers. If not, I've tried chilli api and its really great. Glory catering is good too for nonya food. This time I'll be engaging Eatz so will update if they are good or not.

Hope this helps. Let your fingers do the surfing. Lots of contacts and services are now online for you to plan while you're at home!
happy.gif

Sharing my experience. I use xinyipin catering. Overall, the food is not up to expectation . The rice is dry and prawn not fresh. The curry chicken and teriyaki pork is nice . The baby cupcake although look nice and taste nice but is nt popular maybe my guest mostly is elderly who dun like sweet stuff ba.
The full month cake I order from e-creative coz is same company as XYP. The cake is ok .hope this will help for those preparing baby shower .

I recently threw one for a friend. It wasn't fancy but was filled with close family and friends. Pot luck is often a good choice that means you won't have to do all the work. Organise fun but easy games like guess the circumference of the bump etc! and lastly send out an invite email along with a list of things to buy if they would like. Hope this helps!

Back