** Losing my job !! Anyone can help ? Mentally down and need a job to support my baby ! Help me Please !!!!

Actually i don't quite understand, the salary that our employer pays us during our maternity leave is claimable from government, right? They are not losing actually, but how come they still treated pregnant mum in this way?

I truly feel hunnymummy 's words are very well-said !!

same Sentimentals exactly !!

my situation is very much like hunnymummy

further to my earlier post, I have tendered resignation despite the loss of a highly paid salary & 4 mths maternity. I faced alot of exclamation from friends though, sounding out to me that I am so silly etc but only true friends and Mummies who will truly understand the need and priority of placing your baby and health above anything else after hearing my story!

I tender my resignation when i was in week 11.

Before that I was in a great dilemma and was in great depression, causing not only depression and stress to the unborn baby inside me, but also my hubby and parents who truly cared for me, their heart ache seeing me like this.

At week 11, I was already feeling much better in my Morning sickness already. but situation in the office doesn't get much better. it was becoming worse. Director (who is also overseeing HR) wanted my GM to reassign job JD. isn't things obvious ? and whenever she saw me, she will start to give me the kind of "i dun like you" stare look. and other dept see me as a free lodging & clerk as well, started to scream at me at slightest thing, many times alot of things are unknown to me or not my fault at all. I cannot scold back, because I am pregnant. I tolerated I expressed my displease to my GM, but my GM is also facing the same treatment, so he just asked me to let go. everyday i go back feeling down. and i can sense baby inside feeling likewise because I started feeling nauseous again which i don't experience during weekends when I am not working and by right the MS nauseous shd be subsidizing.

I read, when you are stress up, or low in spirits, your hormones tend to be up to help you maintain stability in your pregnancy. and these hormones causes you terrible sickness.

now I am into my week 15. just started staying at home to "yang Tai" for 2 days...

I admit I started off feeling a bit out of place on Day 1, because seeing everyone going to work, while I go to market for breakfast, doesn't feel good..i started thinking about the Money, alot of "what if" comes across my mind. feeling useless, feeling the loss of a high paid salary...tears fall again in the evening..Hubby comforted me, told me, though we have no money, but we are happy, he never feel so happy and peaceful before, I should feel the same too.

today i feel calm. because I know the baby inside me is happy...after reading hunnymummy post, i feel more glad too...this is my first baby, i definitely want my baby to be a happy, secured baby. not a crybaby like me...so I will go on and tell myself to be strong.

one of my friends is encouraging me to open up for business opportunity...

i wrote my pregnancy journal this morning..

recalling back the joy and happiness when first knew i was pregnant, yet the next moment, all the ups&downs emotionally, suddenly feel i have given too much stress to baby from week 5 - week 11..time to make up for baby...

i surf the net looking at cute babies pictures...

thinking of what I can help my hubby, eg iron his clothes, so that he can focus on his career

thinking how to take care of myself eg ensure I drink enough water, eat regularly...

thinking how to make myself light hearted...

watch a comedy , enjoy music...

my friend told me, her 5 mths old baby like to laugh out loud, she feels this probably due partly of her pregnancy, she was taking things positive and light-hearted. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i definitely feel the truth in what hunnymummy says. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes now I am still looking out for a job...i try not to lose hope..though i know the chances of getting a job /company that hire a pregnant woman may be low, though I want to lower down my expectations. but still, never know until you try..so i just try..whenever i see a suitable posting will just apply first.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

meanwhile, this is a 6 mths holiday break for me, till delivery..

yes yes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i keep telling myself, i worked for almost 7 years..never never really have a break, i don't need any travelling trips...i just need some time by myself, time to do things i like, relax and sleep the way i always want and not restricted by weekends ..now is the time to do it !

4 months maternity leave ???

forget it forget it...

yes ... there are many things you need to buy for newborn baby, for your pregnancy, ...but we can always scrimp and buy 2nd hand or ask for handsdown..

but there are many many more things you cannot buy with money...laughter, smiles, happiness, blissful ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i was thinking through Jolin (jolinr) question.

most companies have this sterotype thinking pregnant women will not give their heart and soul in their work, and tend to skive taking MC to go on gynae reviews etc..but have they think about, what about those smokers ? haven't they been taking breaks every now and then from work and went on smoking breaks ?? and what about those who surf net, play facebook, watch youtude in office ? aren;t they even worse than pregnant women ??

actually personally now being a pregnant women, i feel they are even more hardworking than others because they know they need a job more than any others if possible and all they hope is employer can be understanding. it is reeally tiring especially your body going through so much changes, and yet you are trying to give the best to the company

at the same time, actually the government may have overlook this factor, by giving 4 months maternity is actually depriving many women from being productive, because company tend to discriminate them instead !!!!

government intention of giving 4 months is to encourage working women to give birth, but many knew if they are preggie, the company might discriminate them !!

so why is the 4 months / 2 months claimable from govt, given to only working women ??

cos govt want productivity yet also want babies...

singaporean women are deemed as super women ???

what about those stay at home mums, or pregnant women who can't find a job ?? shouldn't the government be thinking of them as well ?

they are doing their part as well to produce little singaporeans for singapore as well !!

well perhaps they prefer to give the tax-payers $$ to support the growing population of FT...rather than taking care of true singaporeans who are burden down by difficulties of finding a job in midst of pregnancy..

Dear All mummie

image your babies been unhappy inside you !!!

You will start to cheer yourself up.

I am not the only one who will tell you that, But i think i have been thru the low period and i start to think of my future for the baby. They can ask you to left your job but they cant ask you not to want your baby. Decision will be hard to make and time may be tough. I think i learn to bite the bullets and look at things on the better sides.

They can bully me and make me work like hell but i keeping myself in the job is for myself and my baby. Get yourself a life, speak to us (mummies to be in this forum) and i think i get lots of support and courage. You will know not it its not end of the world.

Baby moving inside your body is something that not a 2nd person can share. We should just enjoy it. God will provide. Family will help, Friends will support and encourage.

The world will be better day by day. Remember whats goes around comes around. If they bully you, someday someone will bully them. Remember been kind and good to ppl will help you to be more happy and help to gain good karma for your baby. You can always resign anything you want or just leave after your maternity but happiness during the period of time relay on your mind and your doing.

Take a deep breath and look at the bright side, your baby is by your side.

Like i am writing this now, my little one is moving in my body and supporting the things i write.

To all Mummies - JIA YOU.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sharing my experience, I was retrenched in Feb after my ex-company founds out that i'm pregnant, but i'm not able to get any compensation/ maternity benefits due to I was 1 week short from my 3mth. Till now i have been looking out for a job...

I got an offer on last tue and was goin to sign the letter, but after make known to them that i am pregnant & going to due in aug, they rejected me.

I'm very stressed & depressed now due to being jobless and financial wise is very tight as my hubby's take home pay is ard 2k plus less then 3k and we have lots of bills to pay.. not to mention the delivery charges etc....

hi,i've gt 3 kids n my youngest is 10mths old.i'm oso facing alot of stress at wrk too.my boss is a male n i'm e only sg mther in my dep.there r mummies too but r malaysians.so their kids r in jb.i take care of my kids at nite myself.all 3 will slp with me.my colleagues r olways complaining n gossiping behind me dat i'm owaz on leave or mc.my boss will oso join them in gossiping.i'm rili tired of this work life too n no motivation at all.sme times my boss cn even ask me hw cum i cn't ask my mum or other family members to help bring them to doc take care of them.i mean,yup,my mum is helping me n i gt 2 maids.but they cn only help me but nt take over my responsibilities as a mum rite?my mum is also suffering from depression.so i rili cn't leave her wif kids for too long or wen they're sick.my boss transferred me to another division which requires to work long wrking hours n he's nt increasing my ot allowance.he used to be my ass manager but coz my actual boss retired so he's promoted to my boss nw.he oso stated to me that he WILL NOT approve any of my upl if i ever finish my al.he transferred me over coz he don like me to go bac early.i official time is 5.30pm but i leave bout 6+pm.nw i start at 8.30am n leave earliest 9.30 smetimes 10pm.i gt to wrk on sat too.i cn't do anyting coz i gt no qualifications.so i cn't resign as will be difficult for me to find jobs dat pay me as much as nw as i've wrked in tis co for bout 5 yrs.tho considered low for a 5 yrs service but no choice lor.there's nothing i cn do as my boss picks on me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i feel that government wants us to hav mre kids but oni verbally sets law but nt much actions.rili puts us mums in a dilemma.

Hi Lamb & crescent, do not feel despair...

at this moment must cheer up and take things easy

for the sake of the little one inside us...

i agree with Lamb, our govt wants us to have more kids but only verbally ...there are NO laws that protect pregnant women from discrimination etc

unlike in other countries, there are laws that protect pregnant, for instance if employer unreasonable increase work or reject you (after they express interest in hiring you) upon knowing you are pregnant ..etc..they can be fined / face penalty

too bad our government do not see this ...

well..so we have to depend on ourselves...

crescent, we can explore ways to earn income

it may not be as much as before, but at least we know we are putting on efforts to help ourselves and earn some pocket money for baby..use what you are good at and see if they can help you earn some income...for myself, i am good in handicrafts, so i did some corsages and try to sell online..

lamb, understand how you feel...dun bother what people say people do...focus on yourself and baby, tell yrself you must hold on to the job for the sake of $ and baby

they want to pick on you, let them be, so long you have clear conscience. it may be unbearable, but keep reminding yourself, they are not related to you....you have a husband that love you, parents who cares for you...what's more impt than these. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also been through the depression stage..

especially shortly after I left my job per above

i feel useless and feel the financial stain when my hubby tells me we need to save on this and that

I breakdown and keep crying...

but thanks to my hubby and parents and friends...they encourage and did not give up on me

they give me ideas on what i can do at home, and help to relieve my hubby burden for instance, help to do some light housework like wiping, cleaning the pots etc, and cook a nice dinner for hubby, so that he gets to eat homecooked food after a hard day at work. at this moment, hubby may not be earning alot, but every cents count so mentally yr hubby must feel yr support as well since he is bringing the bacon back

at home, you can also surf net...no need to buy first hand for baby stuffs...we can get 2nd hand stuffs ask around...

we can do it one !!!

Jia You !!!

Hello all,

I've also been through this stage as well, when I got to know I was preg, I told 2 of my closest colleagues and asked them to keep mum about it. Disclosed it during the 3rd month into the pregnancy to them. One of my big mouthed management team actually went straight and told my boss about it, so on that very same day, he asked us (a few colleagues and me) for a meeting, from there he hinted that if we are not happy with our job, we can simply leave. Don't you think it's really obvious? That's the first hint I have gotten, I struggled on...

Lots of things happened after, he went on to transfer my workloads and reorganised me to another team this April. It was really a tough period to go through as the importance of me being at work is being reduced day by day. I felt I am not needed at work. Further, being in another team required me to learn new stuffs from scratch, the stress added on with my close colleagues drifting away from me, having outings by themselves, not asking me out.

Now, i'm being totally ignored by one of them. My boss refuses to talk to me, I am not asked to join meetings, emails are not being forwarded to me ever since my announcement of maternity leave which will be starting soon.. Fortunately, all things are going to be over soon and i'm still counting down to the day where I can leave this company after my maternity leave have been exhausted.

crescent: your due date is in Aug 2010? Don't worry, it's going to be over soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all, I'm new here! ^_^

Am facing the same problem as most of you..

I am currently 14 weeks and EDD is on 31 Dec 2010 and working as a contract staff in EM.. I started working there in Dec last year and contract is supposed to end on 31 Oct 2010. However, I was previously told that the contract is renewable..

When I discovered my pregnancy, I told my head abt it.. At first, she reassured me tat my contract renewal will not be affected by my pregnancy. They may either renew it till 31 Dec 2010 or even till next year.

Fri morning, she arranged for a meeting together with my recruitment agent (cos my headcount is under the agency). Apparently, my manager told the agent tat they will not be extending my contract. Main reason she gave was tat though the company do need the headcount but due to business needs, they need someone to be physically working. Meaning to say she cant extend my contract as I will be on leave and will not be working physically in the office...

Damn disappointed with the way things turned out. I tot being a mum herself she shd understand my situation but apparently not.. Juz bcos I am pregnant my contract is not renewed.

And I recently went for an interview wif an investment bank. I was already confirmed for the position and went down to sign the offer letter. However, after I signed the appointment letter, I informed de manager tat I am pregnant (cant hide cos I am required to go thru a medical check up) and on the spot, they retracted the offer!! How unfair is it! Discriminating issn't it?~

And now I am stuck, with my contract not being renewed and not able to find a new job..

Damn stressed about this!

oh guessed i am not the only one after reading you mummies' stories. my boss trf me back to the head office and gave me a new scope that i knew nuts about...reason being she cldnt justify me fitting the original scope since I am preggie...dun push it all to the pregnancy..i was upset for 2 whole weeks and decided i will hang on for the next 3 1/2 mths just for the maternity and bonuses. hang in there all mummies!

Dear MTBs,

I have 2 temp job vacancies at the moment. assignment is till Oct 2010 - but may extend.

Deskbound job, hourly paid, rates depending on experience. Government agency located at bukit merah.

Basically you are just required to do:

- occasional research

- marketing duties (e.g sourcing for quotations)

- do up powerpoint presentations

- other admin work required

Please note as this is a temp assignment, if you need to go on leave, it will be no pay leave, no medical benefits either.

Friendly working environment, I would say 80% of the time the work is stress free. (I'm in one of the position myself, leaving coz popping soon)

It is ideal if you are currently not employed, and able to commit for the next few months.

Interested parties please email me at inexed at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Hi mummies,

I am helping my fr to look for a part time helper for his salad shop around Raffles place area. Basically working hours is from 11 am to 3pm. He can only employed Singaporean or PR.

Can PM me for details if interested. Thanks

Hi,

sorry to be more precise, the job required standing on the feet for at least 4 hours and helping with food preparation and serving customers. May not be suitable to preggy mummies as it may be tedious and dangerous for them as the kitchen is quite small and tend to bang into each other.

It will be more ideal for those mummies who had some spare time while taking care of their children.

After reading all the posts, I can't help but share my story too. I have also been a victim of discrimination at my workplace. It really sucks cause we are viewed as liability to the company and have to work doubly hard just to prove otherwise. The worse part is no one appreciates it. At one point I was under so much mental stress that my baby was not putting on weight. This was the final straw.

I have also chosen to forfeit the maternity leave for my own sanity and dignity. I figured that my dignity and health is worth more than the leave.

As course money then becomes another issue especially when we are so used to double income and with a baby expenses will go up. But I agree with other mummys here that there will be a way out. I tell myself that if I am not working, I will not need to buy clothes, shoes etc and will not have to eat out for lunch etc. Cooking dinner at home also helps to cut cost. Afterall this will be a passing phase and I'm sure all of us can find something soon. Else, I tell myself that at least I'm around for my baby's firsts. Jia you everyone.

Hi all...

I'm sad to hear that u guys r facing difficulties at workplace just cause u guys r preggy.. I'm currently 25 weeks with identical twins.. came to work today and got send home(not sacked) but on No pay leave cause my boss forced me to rest and so does my gynea... I had used up my Hospitalization leave cause i had an earlier accident that put me on cast for 3 mths.. So i had no choice to take NPL. Terribly looking for a part time job as well cause hubby just quitted his job.. Gosh.. Good luck everyone and hopefully all will make it thru.. And anyone needs to hire to inform me.. Able to work for another month or 2..

Hi all.. Yeah.. Damn sad tat we are facing such discrimination. I emailed to MOM to ask for advice & they referred me to the Fair Employment Tripatrite. But no use oso.. They say if the company dun wan to employ preg women we oso cant sue them or wat..

Asked them if got any organization that helps out preg women looking for work & they cant give me any.. Damn sad..

I oso in need of money urgently cos previously owe credit card + study loan.. Every month need to pay $1.5K in total.. Haf been doing so cos now still got job.. Cannot imagine once my contract ends, how I am going to come up with this amount..

Damn damn sad..

Same thing happened in one of my pregnancy. my company --a US company, keep giving me pressure, asked me travel continuously even knows I got pregnan, I was exhausted and depressed. I tried to fight back, but they told me that if I could not take the job, I can resign.

I tried stay on, and i got miscarriage at 4th month! God damn that stupid company -- many many people there divorced and got all kinds of mental problems, HR are just puppies to the US bosses and never really care about local employees.

later in my next pregnancy, I quit immediately after I noticed my pregnancy. It just does not worth that much pain -- you can fight, but yourself and baby will suffer...

Now I am working for myself, and helping mommies. if you would like to consider some work opportunity, can contact me. we may not be rich by this work, but we will be happy and flexible.

Hi joycelyn,i think can help you if you need to find a job,or a part time.can call or mail me if you need my help coz i know a few friend in different trade

Darris

91910427/93369546

[email protected]

hi,

I just came back from Australia last mth and was 4th mth into my pregnancy by then.. no luck in finding job as i noe firm dun employ pregnant woman..

my hubby frez introduce mi to his friend.. talk over the phone.. but nvr get back to mi.. now currently 5.5mth preg..

hubby going back australia for 1 more year studies.. if there is any temp or part time job, i do not mind taking up.. my edd is 1 may..

baby, overseas study and new flat coming next year.. really stain finance..

email me at [email protected] for any lobang..

thanks a million

hi,

I just came back from Australia last mth and was 4th mth into my pregnancy by then.. no luck in finding job as i noe firm dun employ pregnant woman..

my hubby frez introduce mi to his friend.. talk over the phone.. but nvr get back to mi.. now currently 5.5mth preg..

hubby going back australia for 1 more year studies.. if there is any temp or part time job, i do not mind taking up.. my edd is 1 may..

baby, overseas study and new flat coming next year.. really stain finance..

email me at [email protected] for any lobang..

thanks a million

Hi Mommies,

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have quit my job a few months back. Now I'm with a company working on my spare time and generating passive income for myself. They are expanding now and are looking for more people. If you are interested to find out more, you can either PM me or email me at wenykho at gmail.com

Hi, I am a mummy of 2 also and work on my own time on consulting, accounting and hr jobs as well.

My company actually paying commission to person who introduce new clients to us on Recruitment matters. I think this is suitable for mummies who really like to earn some extra money and no commitment of time and work required.

Very easy, just introduce us the HR in charge for the companies and engage us as their recruitment consultant. No cost for the engagement to the client. So long the company hire someone through our company within these 2 year time and the introducer will get the commission of certain % on the fee.

If you are interested, do pm me for detail.

HI,

this is a very simple referral / data entry job which is online based.. i have tried it out and is working well for me.. so far i have earned some money thru this.. just click on the below link to find out more..

http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=498393

Cheers,

Lai Chuen

ps. no startup cost involved..

hi,

its sad to hear that the companies are so heartless in treating pregnant woman. I do understand that being away for 4mths is a long time but its a huge adjustment that the new mother has to make.

Fret now. I have a friend who found a job when she was 5mths preg. And they paid for her full 4mths of maternity leave. Have faith in God and he will provide.

cheers!

I've gone thru this before. My company knows I'm pregnant and force me to work in the busiest branch (got stairs to climb up and down) During my mid preg, I have bleeding no choice but to rest but my boss (married woman with no kids) kept stressing me. HR department was informed by my request but they turn down my request. And my lady boss and male boss force me to sign paper the paper that I agreed to leave. They ask me to go in the (small conference) room to talk. They ask me to sign if not I can't leave. I went thru interrogation asking me numerous questions like whether I still can continue to work? Why not stop working? Am I normal? Questions and questions! I'm just an admin but need to do sales. (The rest there dun care about their sales) in the end tendered. After I tendered I left another 3 mths to my edd, I suffered depression and give birth to pre term bb. Medical expenses cost abt 30k (I wasnt prepare) Ive no choice but to ask family for help. My poor son staying in ICU everyday, tried forcing doctor to let me bring him home but unsuccessful coz he stopped breathing. Twice doctor tried and still the same so everyday I pray for him. His body full of tubes and his veins swelled badly so need to poke different part of hands. My heart sank! I learn kangaroo baby from nurses, he start to get better! Although now he fully healthy but I thank GOD for giving me strength and courage to go thru all this.

Mummies out there dun give up juz becoz u have such inhuman bosses! Shld fight back! Let them know how inhuman and cruel they are!

i m oso jobless soon..i m on a contract job but its going to be expired soon, i told my mgr about my pregnancy n asked her whether i will have contract renewal? cos i need the maternity leave..she said my pregnancy wont affect the contract renewal n ll keep me posted after the status of my contract..after 2 wks, i asked her n she told me there is no approval for contract renewal...tis is reli bullshit excuses, isnt it? she muz b dun wan to gif me the maternity leave benefits,tats y dun wan to renew my contract..rite now,i m so vexed n donno wat to do as contract staff r not protected by MOM laws once the contract is expired...i tried to find new jobs but once companies heard tat i m pregnant, they dun wan to interview me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i m so worried abt financial expenses..cos only my husband is working,plus wif baby expenses in future,i scared we cannot cope wif the expenses [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anyone have any part time or home based jobs to recommend, pls email me at [email protected], thanks alot!

Hi chloe,

Sad to hear your situation...

I sent you an email, dunno if its thru coz i cant find it in my out box...

I think i can help you with a part time or home based job...

You may call me back if you wish or maybe check your email 1st...

here goes my story....i was 6 mths pregnant when my boss left me for Dubai, his business partner told me that the company situation is not doing good, they then asked my boss workers(foreigners mostly Bangalas/Indians) to leave but wif salary given. I was there as the office clerk still confused coz my boss told me not to resign. So after a few months later still my boss partner asked me abt my boss whereabouts and I told them he went to Dubai to work and he never contacted me or updated me at all. I was frustrated whenever my boss partners asking me abt him. My boss's partner was an Indian M'sian guy(not frenly). So one day when I was chatting wif my colleauge I told her that if they sack me they have to pay me and I have to make a report to MOM. So at that time my boss's partner overheard our chat he quickly called me into his room the next day telling me that my boss company was abt to close down and I had to leave and they will give me 2 mths salary (2years working).
After I left, I sms personally my boss that I am leaving the company. He replied and he told me to stay but it was too late that I am leaving. I was only 6mths pregnant and the company is not doing well and yeah I was devastated too, under depression I guess. I dont know whether this is the right way to leave or have to make a report to MOM. ...what do you think ladies??

Jocelyn Tan, had u delivered? I can help you look out for jobs.
hi there, now i am looking for homebased job or freelance i can do admin data entry printing stuff like dat or even transcribing and i am IT savy in MSpowerpoint, words and excel...i really need a job at least i can support my family now and saveup some. pls reply tq.

i can see that the present companies now dislike pregnant moms... they refused to give maternity leave and that they're asking pregnant mom to do more work or to leave...being a pregnant mom is not easy in singapore...is stressful making more singaporeans to leave to other countries where we can make family peacefully. Singapore companies have not yet settle down wif this matter of pregnant mothers....they have to look deeper and deeper abt this if they want the citizen to have more babies...

I am looking for blogs like this... I am retrenched and I am 6 weeks pregnant.. Now I am so worried as I still have a long way to go.. Is there any possibility that i can find a job.. So stressed.. Sleepless nights..

Back