Young child for adoption.

Wyn

Hi all.

Sadly, I have decided to put my 2 years old son up for adoption. I am a Chinese single mum & I am afraid I cannot afford his future. Hoping to find a good family who is willing to groom him, give him a better future as well giving him a complete family.

He is 2 years old now, very shy boy. He doesn't know how to speak yet, that makes me worry as well. Applied him into preschool but no news from them yet. The estimated waiting time for the pre school is 3 to 6 months.

Any interested parties willing to give him a better life, please contact me.
I am not sure about the law procedures so please guide me along as well.

Thank you.

Possible to seek help with MSF? Your son is 2 now.... u have been taking care of him for the past 2 years..... Whatever that u r going thru now, it can't b any harder den when he was a baby.

Do think twice.

Hi all.

Sadly, I have decided to put my 2 years old son up for adoption. I am a Chinese single mum & I am afraid I cannot afford his future. Hoping to find a good family who is willing to groom him, give him a better future as well giving him a complete family.

He is 2 years old now, very shy boy. He doesn't know how to speak yet, that makes me worry as well. Applied him into preschool but no news from them yet. The estimated waiting time for the pre school is 3 to 6 months.

Thank you.

Hi Wyn

Not sure what it means by "give him a better future"? Perhaps to some, having a complete family, wealth etc. means giving a kid a better future. I'm sure as a mum, you want the best for your child. But i always ask myself, who will love the child most. I believe no one will love him more than u do. In Singapore, i don't think any child will be denied of a chance for education (which in a way, will help him towards a better future).

Maybe is good to think back why did you decide to give birth to him... Just hope you won't make a decision that you will regret later.

Hi all.

Thank you.

Dearie, I'm sure your son needs you more than he needs anything else. I think it'll be heartbreaking and life-changing for him to have to separate from you. That will leave a scar in his life. So please don't give up just yet. I'm sure things will only get better and you will be able to support him. There are places you can seek assistance from etc. *hugs*

I agreed with most of the posts here, you brought him to this world and already spent good and bad time with him for 2 years, you've been gone through the most difficult stages, why give him up now? You need to ask yourself will you regret the rest of your life if you make this decision today? Sorry im not good with words but I read this article online, hopefully you will reconsider your decision:

" I regret adoption with all of my heart. You will too. So will your child. The only thing a baby wants and knows is his/her mom. Your child will suffer a tremendous loss without you if you chose adoption. You will never fill the empty arms and heart that adoption leaves you with. Your baby will be lost to you forever.

Everyone told me not to abort, that adoption was the "loving" option. It totally wasn't. My child was raised in an abusive home. She would've fared much better with me. She has suffered because of adoption, and so have I.

Abortion and adoption both have consequences. There are no easy answers. If I were to chose between the two....hands down....it would be abortion. A small mass of cells removed from my uterus vs. a lifetime of sorrow and pain......no contest. Of course, I am talking an early abortion. My overall choice would be to keep my baby!

Whatever YOU decide, do not listen to the adoption propaganda fed to you. It is not a disney movie. There is no such thing as better parents. You are absolutely the best for your child. Money, youth, being unwed.....these are all temporary things....adoption is permanent.

Open adoptions are NOT legally enforceable and used soley by the industry to get a young pregnant women to sign over her baby. Do not fall for that! Adoption is not a gift to the infertile. You do not owe anyone YOUR baby.

Adoption is not what your child wants. I don't think you do either."

To have come to the forum to post such, you would have reached a milestone in your decision making.

As a single mum, after exhausting the social support available, if you still want to give your child up. Do so quickly through official resources.

Doing so online will only invite scams and cons taking advantage of the situation.

Back