MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

For me,
Hi, Im starting to look for strollers, thinking of twin strollers. But my hubby prefer in-line stroller, claiming that it's inconvenient to go around in malls and if one is being hand-carried, it's still in balance.
Will like to know why you choose twin stroller instead of inline stroller?

What's a in line stroller? You mean tandem stroller or single stroller?

For me, I prefer side by side to tandem because tandem stroller is usually used for 1 older child and 1 baby. For twins, side by side is more suitable. And like I said, I feel that both twins should have the same view of the outside world... Imagine you bring them to the zoo and point to the giraffe... But only one of the twins can see.

is depend on the brand.. you need to see both is suitable for newborn babies.

for alot of tandem, only 1 is suitable for newborn, you need to buy infant car seat for another slot.

The baby jogger city mini double supposedly suitable from birth... But I didnt really bring the twins out until they are a few months old.

You can read here
http://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-mini-double/

Another very similar one is the Britax agile double stroller

It's easy to push... Even my mom says it's very easy to push. But of course when you go to malls, you can't use the escalators... Gotta use lifts.
I prefer to use strollers than carrying my babies... So using a twin stroller is a no-brainer for me.,I don't carry my babies.
But I do have a single stroller from my elder daughter, so if I bring one baby out, I've the flexibility of using a single stroller.

Do you all feel strong fetal movements? I feel mine not very strong :(
Recently feel some movements which i related it to hiccups.
Mine is quite active. I can feel & see them pushing and moving arnd my tummy. The skin of my tummy will pop up. Their weight is 1.2kg n 1.3kg / week 30. Not sure coz the fat between my babies n tummy skin is only 3 cm so more obvious.

Last edited:
Do you all feel strong fetal movements? I feel mine not very strong :(
Recently feel some movements which i related it to hiccups.

My babies' movements are strong like Pixie but I think they are getting squeezy in my small tummy. I'm in my 29th week. Maybe yours will start moving vigorously soon!

Hi anyone of U bought pregnancy insurance and being rejected because of thyroid or surgery problem?

I didn't buy pregnancy insurance as I checked with my friend who had preterm delivery that she used her medisave to pay all her KK hospital bills. Premium is higher for twins and some insurance plans are tie to investment link plans which I find the premiums quite high so in the end didn't get.

Hi anyone of U bought pregnancy insurance and being rejected because of thyroid or surgery problem?
I bought mine at wk 18. Coz can claim $200 per day for each baby for nicu. I bought from axa so 1 policy cost bout 1k is used for 2 babies up till 6 yrs and is not investment link.

Oh ya. I think i need to get some insurance for them. Maybe will get the axa policy.
I really hope the fetal movements get stronger in the coming weeks.

Oh ya. I think i need to get some insurance for them. Maybe will get the axa policy.
I really hope the fetal movements get stronger in the coming weeks.
I think quite worth it. Coz twins definitely need nicu. Spend 1k on policy but we definitely will claim at least 1k for the nicu plus can cover up till 6yrs. So actually the insurance up to 6yrs old can consider foc. I only kw axa is not investment link & most coverage as compared to the rest

I think quite worth it. Coz twins definitely need nicu. Spend 1k on policy but we definitely will claim at least 1k for the nicu plus can cover up till 6yrs. So actually the insurance up to 6yrs old can consider foc. I only kw axa is not investment link & most coverage as compared to the rest
Hi pixie, is ur policy mum's advantage? Anything to customise? Thanks!

Hi Pixie,
What is the name of the AXA policy that you bought?

Hi mummies,

I'm currently 12+ weeks preg with twins and looking to have jamu massage after delivery. Can I seek your recommendation on good jamu massage lady and the price?

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi do u girls have any maid agency to recommend? I am trying to find someone who can take care of new born twins. Thanks

I'm letting go my twins breastfeeding pillow (doubleblessings brand), comes with additional cover. Pls pm for pic. Self collect at Sengkang. Selling at $65.

Hi mommies, at how many weeks do you intend to go off for your ml? I hope I can last till 33 weeks then use my leave to rest at home.
I have been taking hospitalisation leave since 2nd trimester. 60 days last yr & planning to use 60 days this yr if needed. Will only use my ML after i give birth

I have been taking hospitalisation leave since 2nd trimester. 60 days last yr & planning to use 60 days this yr if needed. Will only use my ML after i give birth
Wah your coy so family friendly! Lucky lucky. For me, sick still have to report for work and lots of moving for me:( I am so glad I have come this far.

I think there is only 1 maternity insurance under axa.. mum advantage
Hi babe, so it is not a standalone ?
I will still need to buy an endowment plan for both babies when they are born?
Can give me an estimate of the premiums to pay? Thanks

Wah your coy so family friendly! Lucky lucky. For me, sick still have to report for work and lots of moving for me:( I am so glad I have come this far.
nt really family friendly, HL is like MC.. MOM states that all employees will have 60 days HL. as long as your gynae issues your HL, you can omit work

Hi babe, so it is not a standalone ?
I will still need to buy an endowment plan for both babies when they are born?
Can give me an estimate of the premiums to pay? Thanks
err... not sure what u mean by standalone...
maternity insurance is like insurance for your maternity in case got complications, etc
endowment is not insurance, is more like a saving plan.

for me, i pay arnd 1K on week 18. different people will have different premiums., i dun think it is a fixed price. i also bought additional endowment plan for my babies as education funds.

Hi pixie ng,

Cos I cannot find just a maternity plan only. Seems like all maternity plan is linked to some savings or investment plan or require you to purchase a endowment fund or savings plan for the babies with it.

So you paid 1k for twins ah? That seems a good deal.

Thanks so much

Hi pixie ng,

Cos I cannot find just a maternity plan only. Seems like all maternity plan is linked to some savings or investment plan or require you to purchase a endowment fund or savings plan for the babies with it.

So you paid 1k for twins ah? That seems a good deal.

Thanks so much
Axa maternity insurance is not link to any endowment plan or investment. And has win awards for several yrs.

If u need i can give u my agent hp. U can check with him.

Axa maternity insurance is not link to any endowment plan or investment. And has win awards for several yrs.

If u need i can give u my agent hp. U can check with him.

Thanks babe!

I have an agent friend, will check with him.

Thanks for all the information

Hi mommies,
Do you ever feel you will crush one of the twins by sleeping on your side? Currently at 29 weeks but never felt comfy skeeping on my side.

Hi mommies,
Do you ever feel you will crush one of the twins by sleeping on your side? Currently at 29 weeks but never felt comfy skeeping on my side.
yes! that was why i placed a supporting pillow on my back and i kinda slept on my side but not entirely cos there was support that pushes me to an angle Cos sleeping on back is not advisable.. But hang in there you are almost there already!

Neither sleeping on the left or right seems right..
I'm coming 33 weeks and sleep will get worse when babies move up bustline as if pushing against your stomach. I told my hubby I might end up sleeping on the arm chair one day..

yes! that was why i placed a supporting pillow on my back and i kinda slept on my side but not entirely cos there was support that pushes me to an angle Cos sleeping on back is not advisable.. But hang in there you are almost there already!
Thanks! I tried but somehow doesn't seem to work. Haiz just hope I don't crush them :(

Thanks! I tried but somehow doesn't seem to work. Haiz just hope I don't crush them :(
Dun think anything will help at all... since 3rd trimester i only can sleep 3hr or so straight. Either babies wake me up coz too much movement or they are pressing the nerves which causes numbness in my legs or i sleep too long on 1 side also cause numbness or they are pressing my pelvic which cause pain or i having false contraction.

Anyway need to endure 3 more weeks!!!

Same. Since third trimester, I feel my tummy very heavy and quite bad backache. Easily tired and very breathless. How many weeks are you delivering your twins? By c-sect?

Same. Since third trimester, I feel my tummy very heavy and quite bad backache. Easily tired and very breathless. How many weeks are you delivering your twins? By c-sect?
Gynea has not confirmed yet...now i wk 35 so most likely should be wk 37 to wk40.. most likely c sect but if got chance both head down at last min, will definitely opt for natural

3rd trimester is no joke also.

Can't sleep well at night as they will press against my stomach or lung and propping 3 pillows to sleep now. So got to take naps to make up for the loss sleep. Feet and ankles super swollen also. Pelvic pain when walking with heavy tummy.

I'm week 34 plus now and has chosen my csect date in mid 37th week. Hopefully can tahan until then. If babies head down, will opt for natural but i doubt so as their position never change since week 25 and i feel my tummy getting squeezy for them.

wow so many of you popping soon! jiayou ok almost there already tahan tahan..@pixie ng, wah 3hrs very good already i was like 1hr or 2 only cos to make matters worse, my upstairs neighbour kept knocking/working on something in the wee hours

I am at week 32 and experiencing backache and breathlessness especially at work when it gets stressful. Was very upset that my gynae wouldn't grant me HL as I feel that I need a good rest from work. Can I check if any of the mommies here sometimes experience pulling pain around pelvic area?
Talking about delivery, I don't feel very comfortable to deliver the twins at 37 weeks because I feel my womb doesn't have enough space and so afraid of the umbilical cord posing a danger to the babies as the babies become bigger.

I am at week 32 and experiencing backache and breathlessness especially at work when it gets stressful. Was very upset that my gynae wouldn't grant me HL as I feel that I need a good rest from work. Can I check if any of the mommies here sometimes experience pulling pain around pelvic area?
Talking about delivery, I don't feel very comfortable to deliver the twins at 37 weeks because I feel my womb doesn't have enough space and so afraid of the umbilical cord posing a danger to the babies as the babies become bigger.
pulling ard that area is very usual now esp the bbs are getting bigger and their weigh is weighing down adding to the pressure. Try to put legs up often and not walk too much sit as these adds to the pullings. Hv you asked your gynae abt the c-sect date yet? Maybe ask if can be earlier provided if everythings ok..ie babies weight and position etc etc?

oh and also i sat down on a plastic stool while showering as the standing made the pressure worse, u might want to try that. Get a sturdy with anti slip legs one..

Errm... so weird that your gynae dun gv u HL when u r week 32... maybe mine is private so easier?

Since 2nd trimester i already have pelvic pain.. even i lie down n turn also pain.. doc say is normal though...

My edd pull in to this fri coz doc say he arrange everything already n babies also more than 2kg each n boy position not so gd so scare waterbag will break, so he wants to csect earlier.. my tummy is 43inch now ☺

So good your gynae not delivering the babies blindly as in try to stretch up to 37-38 weeks. So you will be which week when you deliver? I will also propose to have c sect earlier of babies more than 2.5 kg. I just can't afford to risk after coming so far.

So good your gynae not delivering the babies blindly as in try to stretch up to 37-38 weeks. So you will be which week when you deliver? I will also propose to have c sect earlier of babies more than 2.5 kg. I just can't afford to risk after coming so far.
Will deliver tmr.. will be week 36+6

Congrats Pixie! Hope you had delivered your babies and all is well! Take care!

Ocean, I'm coming 36 weeks and delivering week 37+4. Hopefully can tahan until then. I feel it's better to bake babies longer in our tummy for their lungs to develop. I'm glad I don't really encounter much breathlessness or backaches.. Just that it is getting difficult to walk with some pelvic pressure, swollen feet and turning sides on bed with my big tummy.
U Jiayou also! We are almost there!

Jeannie, you must be very excited now as you are just left with one week plus to go! Oh you are lucky. I do have breathlessness and backache. However they are still bearable especially when I am very engrossed with work. My only gripe is sleeping at night as I really don't like to sleep on my side. Can I know how often you saw your gynae from week 32 onwards and when did you start seeing your gynae weekly? Jia you!

Back