Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

I just had my first scan at 6 wks and the KKH Dr actually ask me to stop duphaston at around 8wks. Reason given was "can stop by then".
I wonder if anyone has encounter similar situation?
I was under the impression that duphaston is to be taken throughout first trimester.

I just had my first scan at 6 wks and the KKH Dr actually ask me to stop duphaston at around 8wks. Reason given was "can stop by then".
I was under the impression that duphaston is to be taken throughout first trimester.

I stopped my support medication after week 12. Week 8 seems early because placenta has not fully take over. However those under natural conception do not need support med like us so probably your dr feel it is not necessary.

Thanks! However, I conceived via IVF too.
I had a miscarriage before and the Dr did advised me to take duphaston once I am pregnant again.
Maybe I will seek second opinion.

Hmmm... I think it's not uncommon ba. I was supposed to stop at 8 weeks but I started having spotting around week 5 or 6. So doc told me to continue taking. I stopped it at week 10 because of terrible nausea, and also because I stopped spotting already.

Think if the pregnancy seems stable and your natural progesterone level is ok, the doctor will not make you take more than necessary. But diff docs diff practices la.

We're not far apart! I'm 26 weeks and I feel like a duck. *waddle waddle*
And both my back and butt hurts too! And I'm only having a singleton. I salute the twins or triplets mummies!

My tailbone hurts too! At 22 weeks, my stretch marks on my thighs are phenomenal... my kid can probably play Thomas the train on my stretch marks as the traintracks liao LOL! Can't wait for the wait to be over and for baby to be in my arms!

Do U feel your feet start to swell ? All my shoes are too tight.

For moms who are carrying twins/triplets, how will you be managing the care after your maternity ends?

I'm having problems engaging a confinement lady now because not many r willing to do multiples. I'm not really into getting a helper because of the many horror stories.

I think the first 3 mths may be manageable because I can look after them with help from my mother n in-laws. I cant be SAHM because my husband's salary alone will not be able to sustain the household. So my main concern is when I return to work cos my mom is still taking care of my 16 mths old baby niece and my in-laws r working, and I'm not too confident in placing the kids in infant care either :(

Anyone can share their plans for my reference?

For moms who are carrying twins/triplets, how will you be managing the care after your maternity ends?

I'm having problems engaging a confinement lady now because not many r willing to do multiples. I'm not really into getting a helper because of the many horror stories.

I think the first 3 mths may be manageable because I can look after them with help from my mother n in-laws. I cant be SAHM because my husband's salary alone will not be able to sustain the household. So my main concern is when I return to work cos my mom is still taking care of my 16 mths old baby niece and my in-laws r working, and I'm not too confident in placing the kids in infant care either :(

Hi i hired a cl for the first month. Also I employ a helper to come in before my due date to help out cleaning etc before bb arrive. It's not easy for one person to handle twins and this has been the comment from most twins mummies. So helper has to look after one and your mum look after another. One helper cannot look after two infant at the same time.
Yes even though I have heard stories of bad helpers but there are good ones too. U need someone to help with housework and washing of babies stuff. When U come back from work U will be exhausted and I personally feel a helper is necessary. I will be too overwhelm to come back work and take care two babies as well as doing household chores.

I got my cl from thomson confinement and they have train nannies who can take care of twins. You may want to consider them.

Hi anyone feels less bloated once they stopped their progesterone pills ? Like tummy softer etc so getting abit worried ...

You mean stretch marks will come out already is it? I've been putting the oil for stretch marks but not regularly cos of sheer laziness and I'm scared at the stretch marks I'll find after I give birth. :-/

Hi anyone feels less bloated once they stopped their progesterone pills ? Like tummy softer etc so getting abit worried ...

I stopped duphaston and progynova once I go into the 2nd trimester and that time I did feel less bloated and tummy seems to become smaller. But later it'll grow bigger gradually again cos of the growing precious one inside. :)

Hi i hired a cl for the first month. Also I employ a helper to come in before my due date to help out cleaning etc before bb arrive. It's not easy for one person to handle twins and this has been the comment from most twins mummies. So helper has to look after one and your mum look after another. One helper cannot look after two infant at the same time.
Yes even though I have heard stories of bad helpers but there are good ones too. U need someone to help with housework and washing of babies stuff. When U come back from work U will be exhausted and I personally feel a helper is necessary. I will be too overwhelm to come back work and take care two babies as well as doing household chores.

I got my cl from thomson confinement and they have train nannies who can take care of twins. You may want to consider them.

Bunny33, can you share the cost of the CL you got from thomson confinement? Did you get the experienced one or the experienced with more than 6 cases type? Thank you very much..

I am very kiasu...duphaston & utrogestan seem to be my security blanket. I am still taking them though I just crossed the initial trimester. Mine can last me for another 2 more weeks.

Did harmony. via phone call, baby healthy. Followed by another call, Sex Chromose is Unidentified.
Nurse mentioned something like blood unable to trace, hence Unidentified. Waiting now Doc to call back and explain report. :(

Did harmony. via phone call, baby healthy. Followed by another call, Sex Chromose is Unidentified.
Nurse mentioned something like blood unable to trace, hence Unidentified. Waiting now Doc to call back and explain report. :(
Hope it's nothing serious. stay calm and wait for the doc. waiting for your update!

Hi Towkayneo, have you done your panaroma test? There is this additional test that cost sgd 300. Did you do as well? I'm doing mine next week but couldn't decide to do the additional test anot. I'm 36 this year.

Nope, I am doing the basic Oscar test with KKH :p

what is this additional test about? If it gives you ease of mind, close one eye and spend the 300 bucks..

Nope, I am doing the basic Oscar test with KKH :p

what is this additional test about? If it gives you ease of mind, close one eye and spend the 300 bucks..
This is in additional to pananoma. Pananoma already costs 850. Hmm ok, any sisters out there can share their views pls?

Bunny33, can you share the cost of the CL you got from thomson confinement? Did you get the experienced one or the experienced with more than 6 cases type? Thank you very much..

There are actually two types. One is under thomson medical and they have daytime cl or night cl or stay in cl. So U get to choose. Their cl from spore. Pricing is around 3k plus n for twins add additional 480 dlr.
ImageUploadedByForum1455529938.032678.jpg

Another is confinement angels accredited by thomson medical and they only have stay in cl and from malaysia. I chose confinement Angels and paid around 3700 dlr for twins 28 days.

This is in additional to pananoma. Pananoma already costs 850. Hmm ok, any sisters out there can share their views pls?
from what I heard harmony and panaroma are the same just diff company. They are already 99 percent accurate so I feel no point add 300 for additional test. Unless U feel the additional test is necessary

There are actually two types. One is under thomson medical and they have daytime cl or night cl or stay in cl. So U get to choose. Their cl from spore. Pricing is around 3k plus n for twins add additional 480 dlr. View attachment 622525

Another is confinement angels accredited by thomson medical and they only have stay in cl and from malaysia. I chose confinement Angels and paid around 3700 dlr for twins 28 days.

Thank you thank you!! I saw the price under Thomson medical and find it really expensive. *heartache* In addition, the CL doesn't cook if hired for twins. I guess I'll try confinement angels instead.

I read in your earlier post that you have a helper. Does the CL require a helper? I don't have a helper and don't intend to get one since my parents agreed to help me with the twins when they arrive.

Thank you thank you!! I saw the price under Thomson medical and find it really expensive. *heartache* In addition, the CL doesn't cook if hired for twins. I guess I'll try confinement angels instead.

I read in your earlier post that you have a helper. Does the CL require a helper? I don't have a helper and don't intend to get one since my parents agreed to help me with the twins when they arrive.

No they did not said a must to have helper but suggest another person to help the cl if possible. Mum or mil is fine. Cos not easy for cl to handle two babies and cook at the same time. When is your due date?

17 Jul 16 at 37 weeks.. I hope I can carry them till 38 weeks though.. When did you deliver your twins?

Yah, understand.. it's definitely not easy n would be better with another pair of hands.. yap, will check PEM out as well.. hope that can settle confinement nanny soon, worried that they are not available anymore..

thanks to all the ladies for their reply on my question.
I realise you all have supportive mums or mil that helps your brew birdsnest. so lucky!!
Must it be self-brewed? What i have is those birdnest concentrate in a bottle. those that you take a teaspoon a day.
I dun see TCM so i really do not know the pros and cons of bottled birdnest.

I guess the bottled ones you just have to take note of the sugar level content as I heard that it can be pretty sweet.

Thanks! However, I conceived via IVF too.
I had a miscarriage before and the Dr did advised me to take duphaston once I am pregnant again.
Maybe I will seek second opinion.

Perhaps you can check and remind your doc on your previous history so that he/she can advise you again. I guess some of us here including myself are having a lot more support med and on longer duration as we encounter either spotting or bleeding in the 1st tri. So we didn't stop those med/jabs till at least we reach end of 1st tri when everything is more stable.

Do U feel your feet start to swell ? All my shoes are too tight.

Yes!! Mine started to swell and I didn't even realized it until my family told me about it, thou I did feel that my shoes are slightly tighter than usual! Happened that I shared with one of my gf & she recommend me her massage lady. Just did my 1st session with her last sat and glad to have gone to her. Coz she was saying if I delay any longer, once it becomes more swollen, it will be harder to resolve. Swollen legs are caused by poor blood circulation so she will press on all the accupoints at the base of my feet and to my shin area to improve circulation. Maybe you can consider pre-natal massage also to help relieve.

I had the same headache as you earlier and posted the same headache seeking advises from the mummies here! Really need to sit down and work things out. If you can't get CL from your own sources, guess you'll have to fall back on those agencies. But whether you'll be assigned with good CL, it's also purely luck already. Much as most of us are not comfortable with a helper at home either due to privacy issues or having a nitemarish helper, with twins, you definitely need that extra pair of hands. My initial dilemma was I don't have someone to keep an eye on the helper and babies. So after discussing with my hubby & mum, we decided to work out as follow:-

1. Same as @Bunny33, we'll be engaging a helper to come in before the babies pop. To let her familiarize with the environment & to help out the CL thereafter. Thou my CL didn't mention that I need to have a helper before she commit on our assignment, my mum reminded me that if it's just the CL alone, it will be tough on her taking care of 2 babies, preparing confinement meals and washing up etc. My mum will be doing the marketing so in that sense, that saves her some time doing marketing and washing/packing those raw foods. My mum prefers that the CL focus her attention on purely taking care of me and the babies. The washing etc to be done by helper.

2. After the confinement period is over, I'll either work on flexi days or work from home. I'm still in discussion with my boss. On those days that I need to head back office, my mum will come over our place to jaga the helper and babies and help around till I'm back. In that sense, I don't have to over-tired my mum and she still has her free time for her own social activities.

3. When the babies are 6 mths old and have most of their vaccination jabs done, we'll leave them at infant care. Helper to stay at home to do household chores, cook dinner and importantly, help out with night duty. In the event the babies are sick, there's still a helper to 'see front see back' and help around.

With the above arrangement, these 2 items are a MUST. (1) CCTV & (2) A Safebox. Well, not stereotyping the helpers but I guess it's more of safeguarding everyone's interest. And 1 word of advice from my massage auntie, she says try not to micro-manage. Otherwise, my life will be every miserable. Well, I hope I'll able to do that by then!

Yes!! Mine started to swell and I didn't even realized it until my family told me about it, thou I did feel that my shoes are slightly tighter than usual! Happened that I shared with one of my gf & she recommend me her massage lady. Just did my 1st session with her last sat and glad to have gone to her. Coz she was saying if I delay any longer, once it becomes more swollen, it will be harder to resolve. Swollen legs are caused by poor blood circulation so she will press on all the accupoints at the base of my feet and to my shin area to improve circulation. Maybe you can consider pre-natal massage also to help relieve.

My shoes all become tight so I know it must have swell though I can't tell from outlook. So fast leh I seriously thought only last tri then will become bigger.

I had the same headache as you earlier and posted the same headache seeking advises from the mummies here! Really need to sit down and work things out. If you can't get CL from your own sources, guess you'll have to fall back on those agencies. But whether you'll be assigned with good CL, it's also purely luck already. Much as most of us are not comfortable with a helper at home either due to privacy issues or having a nitemarish helper, with twins, you definitely need that extra pair of hands. My initial dilemma was I don't have someone to keep an eye on the helper and babies. So after discussing with my hubby & mum, we decided to work out as follow:-

1. Same as @Bunny33, we'll be engaging a helper to come in before the babies pop. To let her familiarize with the environment & to help out the CL thereafter. Thou my CL didn't mention that I need to have a helper before she commit on our assignment, my mum reminded me that if it's just the CL alone, it will be tough on her taking care of 2 babies, preparing confinement meals and washing up etc. My mum will be doing the marketing so in that sense, that saves her some time doing marketing and washing/packing those raw foods. My mum prefers that the CL focus her attention on purely taking care of me and the babies. The washing etc to be done by helper.

2. After the confinement period is over, I'll either work on flexi days or work from home. I'm still in discussion with my boss. On those days that I need to head back office, my mum will come over our place to jaga the helper and babies and help around till I'm back. In that sense, I don't have to over-tired my mum and she still has her free time for her own social activities.

3. When the babies are 6 mths old and have most of their vaccination jabs done, we'll leave them at infant care. Helper to stay at home to do household chores, cook dinner and importantly, help out with night duty. In the event the babies are sick, there's still a helper to 'see front see back' and help around.

With the above arrangement, these 2 items are a MUST. (1) CCTV & (2) A Safebox. Well, not stereotyping the helpers but I guess it's more of safeguarding everyone's interest. And 1 word of advice from my massage auntie, she says try not to micro-manage. Otherwise, my life will be every miserable. Well, I hope I'll able to do that by then!

Ya I agree sometimes have to close one eye on household chores. If not will vomit blood. Even bb go infant care also good to have a helper because with bb there are so many things to wash and take care of and we are working mum. I intend to install CCTV too.

Just joined this thread.. Just got a BPF this week after many attempts at IVF. Would like to ask if you need to continue your progesterone support throughout your first trimester? I am currently taking 4 crinone applications daily on top of two proluton jabs every two days. The two med are really ex, around $100 a day, So I'm wondering when did you all reduce or stop your progesterone support med? Thanks!

Congrats! :)

Think the best person to ask is your Dr. Personally, I feel that the more support = more peace of heart. For mine, I continued with 2 crinone for a few days and simultaneously started duphaston + progynova. I took duphaston + progynova until 1st trimester ended.

Congrats! :)

Think the best person to ask is your Dr. Personally, I feel that the more support = more peace of heart. For mine, I continued with 2 crinone for a few days and simultaneously started duphaston + progynova. I took duphaston + progynova until 1st trimester ended.
Thanks very much for your view! I feel abit shy about asking my doc cos it may appear that I am stingy. I even thought of sourcing for crinone in Canada cos it's only a fraction of the cost in Singapore. If I were to continue the same med until end of first tri, I need to spend another 5k plus on support med alone... Feeling very broke already, but I certainly wouldn't want to compromise my baby's health for anything.

Do you know what is the progesterone level in your 4th week? Mine is 30 plus and dr think it's abit on the low side... I googled and it's seem to be quite ok. I think my doc is very careful, which I appreciate too. :)

Wow 4 crinone per day seems a lot. U can discuss with your dr to change support med. Yes I feel it is better to continue support med till first tri.

Thanks bunny33!
Yes, I will be seeing my doc next sat for my first scan.. Will discuss with him then if can change to cheaper meds... I'm also currently taking progynova and duphaston.. Still got folic acid, vit D, metformin (for pcos), fish oil, coq10... Feel like a medicine box sometimes... But i know all will be worth it! :)

Thanks bunny33!
Yes, I will be seeing my doc next sat for my first scan.. Will discuss with him then if can change to cheaper meds... I'm also currently taking progynova and duphaston.. Still got folic acid, vit D, metformin (for pcos), fish oil, coq10... Feel like a medicine box sometimes... But i know all will be worth it! :)

Yes definitely worth it :)

Thanks bunny33!
Whoa, which hospital are you from and which doc are you under? :p

Hi towkayneo, I'm under dr Yeong CT from tow yung clinic. I did my transfer at Bangkok superior sart as I have recurrent implantation failure. It is actually the Bangkok doc who advised I increase my dose to 4 crinone a day as she checked my progesterone level is rather low before the day of transfer. Dr Yeong concur that there's no harm to increase support to 4 crinone a day. The meds are much cheaper in Bangkok though... Wish I had bought more when I was there!

After 12 weeks can stop

Hi towkayneo, I'm under dr Yeong CT from tow yung clinic. I did my transfer at Bangkok superior sart as I have recurrent implantation failure. It is actually the Bangkok doc who advised I increase my dose to 4 crinone a day as she checked my progesterone level is rather low before the day of transfer. Dr Yeong concur that there's no harm to increase support to 4 crinone a day. The meds are much cheaper in Bangkok though... Wish I had bought more when I was there!
bo bian lor, just maintain the support meds...

I am very kiasu...duphaston & utrogestan seem to be my security blanket. I am still taking them though I just crossed the initial trimester. Mine can last me for another 2 more weeks.
I can understand the feeling. I will see how it goes as I plan to seek second opinion next week.
Currenly, I'm only on duphaston and folic acid, No extra supplement.
I recieve advice to take supplement but Dr say no need.

As much as I like to stay with KKH, I didn't receieve much info about the pregnancy. I haven't hear the bb heart beat or know what is the heart rate, as their machine was only able to show me the "flickering'. I am not able to access the ultrascan measurement, except of the bb size. And the print out quality is really bad.
Any KKH mum to be have the same experience? Wonder is it because I am under subsidy scheme.

Perhaps you can check and remind your doc on your previous history so that he/she can advise you again. I guess some of us here including myself are having a lot more support med and on longer duration as we encounter either spotting or bleeding in the 1st tri. So we didn't stop those med/jabs till at least we reach end of 1st tri when everything is more stable.

Thanks for the advice.
I will definitely check with the Dr again

I can understand the feeling. I will see how it goes as I plan to seek second opinion next week.
Currenly, I'm only on duphaston and folic acid, No extra supplement.
I recieve advice to take supplement but Dr say no need.

As much as I like to stay with KKH, I didn't receieve much info about the pregnancy. I haven't hear the bb heart beat or know what is the heart rate, as their machine was only able to show me the "flickering'. I am not able to access the ultrascan measurement, except of the bb size. And the print out quality is really bad.
Any KKH mum to be have the same experience? Wonder is it because I am under subsidy scheme.
I am on Kkh private scheme but at least my scan experience at AMC is similar to yours.. Going for my first scan with doc this week, hope I get a better experience..

To add on, I guess if your P-level is low, it's better to have support meds. Else the last thing you want to see is spotting etc. Play safe lor..spend money to get a peace of mind.
Ya, given I already spent ten of thousands on past attempts... Must try my best to preserve this BFP... Just that I just quit my job to focus on Ttc full time so no income now haha, so feel like can save, try to save... But of course on the basis of not compromising my preg care :)

Hello! I am with Dr Yeong CT as well and like you, just got a BFP last week. Congrats! Similarly, I am also on 4 crinone a day and find it really expensive, but I guess we don't have a choice....