IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all..im a newbie here...im Indonesian and im planning to go with ivf too..we did checked to several doctors in jakarta and tried to concieve naturally but i still dont get pregnant..hubby got hormonal problems so the sperm count is pretty low...i did research about ivf in penang and the cost is much cheaper than ivf in sing but we both are not familiar with penang..i also sent an email to the doctor in penang..he said i should go under ivf program due to the hubby sperm and hormonal problem..So, sisters..which hospital should i choose for ivf? My in law suggest us to go to NUH..but i googled KKH is good too and cheaper than NUH...

If you feel that you don't want to wait and try naturally anymore, then yes, IVF is an option. I waited 6.5 years before deciding to go for IVF and a part of me wished I had tried earlier.

I think there are Drs in KL and Thailand too with whom the sisters here have done IVF. But I'm not sure where exactly.

In SG there are several popular IVF Experts.
KKH - Dr Tan HH & Dr Sadhana (And some vouch for Dr Jerry Chan also)
NUH - Prof PC Wong
TFC - Dr SF Loh
You can also try Dr Sheila Loh from RH. I did IVF under her.

Ultimately, go for a Dr you can trust because in this journey, you need to have trust in your Dr.

Hi all..im a newbie here...im Indonesian and im planning to go with ivf too..we did checked to several doctors in jakarta and tried to concieve naturally but i still dont get pregnant..hubby got hormonal problems so the sperm count is pretty low...i did research about ivf in penang and the cost is much cheaper than ivf in sing but we both are not familiar with penang..i also sent an email to the doctor in penang..he said i should go under ivf program due to the hubby sperm and hormonal problem..So, sisters..which hospital should i choose for ivf? My in law suggest us to go to NUH..but i googled KKH is good too and cheaper than NUH...

Hi! Cost for ivf in NUH is 10K-13K private patient for fresh cycle (Depending on how much meds required) The doc is PC Wong. I am with him at the moment and hoping to do ivf in my next cycle. The lab is closed for 2 weeks in April and I think he is also planning to go on leave in May. All the best! :)

@lavendercupcake Hi! thank you so much for your info dear...wow Dr. PC Wong soo busy...i hope i can make an appointment on march or april
Call early to make appointment. No loss anyway. You can still do your own research after that to decide where to go eventually :) the only thing is you need to be in Singapore throughout the whole procedure as they need to monitor you very closely

@kitty16 is it possible to ask how much is the blastgen and if you did use embryogen, how much is it too? Does this mean that blastgen is used in the lab while your embryos are being fertilised? Sorry if my questions sound very noob.

Hi, no prob. I'll go dig my past receipts. I seemed to have kept it somewhere during spring cleaning now I can't find it anywhere. Yes I m quite sure I used both. At first they used the embrogen medium for my embryos, then they transferred them into blastgen medium. (But I can't remember at which day)

Yup I did my IVF in RH. For private hospitals, there is no subsidy so the cost is the same for all. I paid abt 20k including medications, scans etc. Actually if you intend to start in March, then I suggest you look around now and book your appointment asap cos the popular IVF Drs may have a long list of patients waiting to do IVF with them.

My IVF was done with delayed embryo transfer (FET) and I got pregnant. Good luck to you too! :) *hugs*

Yup I did my IVF in RH. For private hospitals, there is no subsidy so the cost is the same for all. I paid abt 20k including medications, scans etc. Actually if you intend to start in March, then I suggest you look around now and book your appointment asap cos the popular IVF Drs may have a long list of patients waiting to do IVF with them.

My IVF was done with delayed embryo transfer (FET) and I got pregnant. Good luck to you too! :) *hugs*

wow! price is double for private hospitals compared to govt ones (before subsidy)

@kitty16 thanks for taking efforts to find it. Today I began my 1st jab for my 1st fresh. I asked the nurse to check with Dr Yu. Apparently embryogen and blastgen is out of stock for now. So I guess no choice liao. But for future reference, in case I need to do again. Cross fingers

Hi, no prob. I'll go dig my past receipts. I seemed to have kept it somewhere during spring cleaning now I can't find it anywhere. Yes I m quite sure I used both. At first they used the embrogen medium for my embryos, then they transferred them into blastgen medium. (But I can't remember at which day)

Hi Ladies.... Need some advise...
Started my IVF journey earlier... Did my ER on 1/2/2016 (Manage to have 24 Egg Retrieved) however didn't do any transfer as doctor was mentioning that is not ideal as I have taken a longer Jab (I have PCOS) and they are worry that I might experience OHSS... KK informed me a few day later that I have 13 embryos all frozen now...

Started my menses on 8/2/2016... Went for doctor appointment yesterday and he suggested that I will skip the transfer for this menses and wait for march...

Any one have similar experience?

What should I do during this period while waiting for my next menses... ?

As someone with PCOS, I have concern that my menses will not come naturally.. and doctor seems pretty cool about it and told me to see him 6 week later if menses don come naturally...
Doctor has order for a blood test to be done on day 21 of my next menses.. Any idea what test is it for? What do I expect after the blood test....

Thanks in advance!

Started my IVF journey earlier... Did my ER on 1/2/2016 (Manage to have 24 Egg Retrieved) however didn't do any transfer as doctor was mentioning that is not ideal as I have taken a longer Jab (I have PCOS) and they are worry that I might experience OHSS... KK informed me a few day later that I have 13 embryos all frozen now...

Started my menses on 8/2/2016... Went for doctor appointment yesterday and he suggested that I will skip the transfer for this menses and wait for march...

As someone with PCOS, I have concern that my menses will not come naturally.. and doctor seems pretty cool about it and told me to see him 6 week later if menses don come naturally...
Doctor has order for a blood test to be done on day 21 of my next menses.. Any idea what test is it for? What do I expect after the blood test....

Thanks in advance!

Somewhat similar experience for me too. Started my fresh (short protocol) at the beginning of Dec 2015 and doctor told me to postpone ET, due to risk of OHSS. Got 24 eggs retrieved, but I only have 6 to freeze. Then, AF came 1 week early at end of Dec 2015, but I was told to skip the cycle and start FET in end Jan. But I very unlucky, suay suay kana the CNY block out days. So now I am waiting for my Feb AF. Wasted 2 cycles in between :(

I'm with KKH too. I have no idea if I have PCOS or not. Didn't do any BT on CD21. I didn't bother to do anything different while waiting to start FET... except that I indulge in coffee, alcohol and all the nonsense rubbish food that I wouldn't be able to eat after ET. Perhaps would be a good idea to see TCM, but I didn't go because the last time I saw my TCM, she say nothing wrong with me... just no fate with baby yet.

Thanks in advance!
Hi AAOM! I am the same as you! i have PCOS too. IVF was done last month and they managed to retrieve 34 eggs but i was down with OHSS! Same as you cant do ET. I am waiting to see my dr this mth end for review and arrange for FET. your dr didnt allow u to do it this mth was it due to the dates too close and not in time for the meds? I am also in KKH too..

Thanks in advance!

I can't shed any light on your questions.. but I'm sure one of our sisters here can.

On hindsight, I realised that we IVF ladies have a lot of anxieties and worries. That can't be helped, but we have to try our best to be relaxed. If not... may delay onset of mensus as well :) Believe in your body, your eggs and your doctor k. All shall be well, especially since you've had a chance to rest and purge your body of the chemicals. My sinsei says that my first tri symptoms were especially bad because I'm an IVF patient. The body did not have a natural cycle (after all the stimming and everything), and the hormones had to play catch up unlike the ladies who conceive naturally. The hormones then wrecked havoc on my body and I think I puked more than the merlion!

Hopefully for you, that can all be avoided. Jiayou ok! :)

Somewhat similar experience for me too. Started my fresh (short protocol) at the beginning of Dec 2015 and doctor told me to postpone ET, due to risk of OHSS. Got 24 eggs retrieved, but I only have 6 to freeze. Then, AF came 1 week early at end of Dec 2015, but I was told to skip the cycle and start FET in end Jan. But I very unlucky, suay suay kana the CNY block out days. So now I am waiting for my Feb AF. Wasted 2 cycles in between :(

I'm with KKH too. I have no idea if I have PCOS or not. Didn't do any BT on CD21. I didn't bother to do anything different while waiting to start FET... except that I indulge in coffee, alcohol and all the nonsense rubbish food that I wouldn't be able to eat after ET. Perhaps would be a good idea to see TCM, but I didn't go because the last time I saw my TCM, she say nothing wrong with me... just no fate with baby yet.
Oh yes.... please drink wine and have more sashimi... if you like spicy food, eat more too!

Nowadays I see wine and sashimi I salivate like crazy. And I glare at my husband who indulges in them.

Don't say suay ok! The period of rest for your body may make it easier for you and your body stronger as well! Jiayou!

I can't shed any light on your questions.. but I'm sure one of our sisters here can.

On hindsight, I realised that we IVF ladies have a lot of anxieties and worries. That can't be helped, but we have to try our best to be relaxed. If not... may delay onset of mensus as well :) Believe in your body, your eggs and your doctor k. All shall be well, especially since you've had a chance to rest and purge your body of the chemicals. My sinsei says that my first tri symptoms were especially bad because I'm an IVF patient. The body did not have a natural cycle (after all the stimming and everything), and the hormones had to play catch up unlike the ladies who conceive naturally. The hormones then wrecked havoc on my body and I think I puked more than the merlion!

Hopefully for you, that can all be avoided. Jiayou ok! :)

Your sinsei anyhow say one lah. Nothing to do with IVF cause of bad symptoms. Its just up to individual body and genes. I never had any bad symptoms. No merlion too.

Fed up conceive by IVF only, people will say, artificial baby, mother not strong, baby may deliver some sickness blah blah blah!

Hi ladies,

I just did my ER on Thursday 11th Feb. My lower abdomen hurts like crazy and my stomach is so bloated. I've been taking panadol for pain relief.
I've had diarrhea and the nurse thinks it's the antibiotics causing it. No weight gain so I've ruled out OHSS.

Monday 15th Feb is my ET. Did anyone suffer badly after ER and still went ahead with ET?

Hi ladies,

I just did my ER on Thursday 11th Feb. My lower abdomen hurts like crazy and my stomach is so bloated. I've been taking panadol for pain relief.
I've had diarrhea and the nurse thinks it's the antibiotics causing it. No weight gain so I've ruled out OHSS.

Monday 15th Feb is my ET. Did anyone suffer badly after ER and still went ahead with ET?
How many eggs did u retrieved? I think it might be ohss cus i had painful abdomen n v bloated. Lets hope it gets better. Do drink more water.

How many eggs did u retrieved? I think it might be ohss cus i had painful abdomen n v bloated. Lets hope it gets better. Do drink more water.

10 eggs retrieved 7 matured and 5 fertilized.
I had intensed pain this morning at 6am. Popped 2 panadols and hugged my hot water bag to sleep. Now I'm ok again. Really comes and goes.

Did you do your ET after that?

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

@pbb
I too did my ER on Thurs 11th Feb, maybe we were in the same ward at day surgery. Had gastric-like pain and bloating till yesterday (I have pcos), but am better today! Hydrated myself with isotonic drinks, water, soya milk, ate egg whites etc... Took charcoal tabs for the diarrhoea and tummy seems more settled today; its a known side effect for Augmentin. Please ensure you take charcoal 2hrs after your oral meds. Also, do inform the nurse on-call if your pain is getting worse.
Feel better soon k and all the best! :)

#sending every positive thought and prayer to everyone :) :) :) let's share hope and faith!

@pbb
I too did my ER on Thurs 11th Feb, maybe we were in the same ward at day surgery. Had gastric-like pain and bloating till yesterday (I have pcos), but am better today! Hydrated myself with isotonic drinks, water, soya milk, ate egg whites etc... Took charcoal tabs for the diarrhoea and tummy seems more settled today; its a known side effect for Augmentin. Please ensure you take charcoal 2hrs after your oral meds. Also, do inform the nurse on-call if your pain is getting worse.
Feel better soon k and all the best! :)

#sending every positive thought and prayer to everyone :) :) :) let's share hope and faith!

Thanks @Miaou..... I was in bed 14. Nuh. Where were you?

I'm scheduled for ET tmr. How about you?

10 eggs retrieved 7 matured and 5 fertilized.
I had intensed pain this morning at 6am. Popped 2 panadols and hugged my hot water bag to sleep. Now I'm ok again. Really comes and goes.

Did you do your ET after that?
Nope.. was hospitalized.. anyway dont think too much. Drink more water and all the best for your ET!

Hi any one can share for kkh on the day of blood test, after the nurse taken our blood what is the next step? Stay there and wait for result? Got to see dr?

Need advise from sisters who did medicated FET!!

My last dose of mercilon was on Saturday. Saturday itself I had some cramp and some spotting, like 3-4 drops of blood.

Sunday started to have abit more blood, volume similar to day 4-5 of menses. Today also similar. Is this normal Menses or just spotting? This is not normal for me. As i need to do blood test between D1-3 of menses, I don't even know if this is the start of my menses. Called Nuh CHR but Nurses busy now.. Need to wait for them to call back

Anyone had similar experience?

hi Dreamscometrue. I took mercilon too. Was told that it mensus wont come till we continue with this medication. After i stop, i too had spotting but was told by NUH CHR nurse must be spotting. Almost a month i sitll didnt hve my period. Called nurse and doc said to count from the time i had spotting as my period day. Sigh so confusting. and CHR is closed in apr and my doc Dr Chew is leaving for 2 weeks holiday. Feels like CHR is just rushing things and i dont feel like im treated with extra care. If this cycle fails its another for them but not sure if they know that every cycle is extremely important for us.

Good to know another person going to NUH CHR from this group.

Can i check what is the procedure like for medicated FET in KKH? Will be gg for dr review next Friday. Hope to hop on to do FET next mth.. Would appreciate if anyone could share. Thank you. :)

Hi everyone,

Started my ivf cycle officially today, went down to KK for ultrasound & medication collection (2 types). Noted that I belong to "fresh" on one of the document..

Given orgalutran & puregon.

Due to go back on 24 Feb for ultrasound review.

Really hope that my follicles will grow. Cos my last iui treatment only 1 grow, the rest is hibernating.

Last edited:
hi Dreamscometrue. I took mercilon too. Was told that it mensus wont come till we continue with this medication. After i stop, i too had spotting but was told by NUH CHR nurse must be spotting. Almost a month i sitll didnt hve my period. Called nurse and doc said to count from the time i had spotting as my period day. Sigh so confusting. and CHR is closed in apr and my doc Dr Chew is leaving for 2 weeks holiday. Feels like CHR is just rushing things and i dont feel like im treated with extra care. If this cycle fails its another for them but not sure if they know that every cycle is extremely important for us.

Good to know another person going to NUH CHR from this group.
Hi! So u missed that cycle? What happened in the end??

Hi everyone,

Started my ivf cycle officially today, went down to KK for ultrasound & medication collection (2 types). Noted that I belong to "fresh" on one of the document..

Given orgalutran & puregon.

Due to go back on 24 Feb for ultrasound review.

Really hope that my follicles will grow. Cos my last iui treatment only 1 grow, the rest is hibernating.
Hi Rachelstarz, eat more egg whites, red bean soup and avocado.It helps for your lining build up.All the best.

Reactions: pbb
Trying to do that :)

Saw from Internet that ppl do puregon first then by oraglaturan. Dunno y I was asked to do opp way.
Hi Rachelstarz, don't worry too much. It's just a tweak in protocol. As I understand, some doc start Orgulatran earlier so as to suppress the LH hormone at earlier stage. This will ensure that follicle growth is mostly influenced by the FSH stim med (ie Puregon in your case) and not interfered by your body's natural LH, thus enhancing the uniformity of your follicle & egg size across all the follicles. LH can influence growth rate of follicles and can cause less uniform growth in the stimulation process.
Make sure you have balanced healthy diet while taking more protein rich foods, have adequate hydration and ample rest. All the best! Jia you!

Hi ladies, for those who did IVF with Dr Loh at TFC, may I know what is the final cost of your entire IVF procedure?

His website says that his IVF package is $8,599 (Inc 7% GST), but I am sure that is just the bare min and the cost defers from people to people. So would like to know eventually on average how much does it cost for the entire procedure for you ladies?

Back