Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Yeah likely if everything goes well. Which part of March u doing? Think mine will be mid march depends when my Jan period comes

I'm supposed to have my ET last week but it didn't happened cos the position of my cervix after birth is too high so we need to freeze one embryo. So now I'm waiting for my menses to come this month and then next month, when it's the second menses cycle, I will need to start eating the medicine and then prolly 21 days later should be doing the FET. So looking at it, I think should be early to mid of March.

Dear sisters, I've a few boxes of Blackmore conceive well expiring end feb. I bought too many and I can't finish them before expiry. Anyone interested to get for a much Lower price pls pm me for details

I'm supposed to have my ET last week but it didn't happened cos the position of my cervix after birth is too high so we need to freeze one embryo. So now I'm waiting for my menses to come this month and then next month, when it's the second menses cycle, I will need to start eating the medicine and then prolly 21 days later should be doing the FET. So looking at it, I think should be early to mid of March.
I thought we supposed to start to medicine on day 2 of our January menses?

Hi @andreanie

Are you from NUH too?

I heard that the IVF lab will be under Reno from Mar to Jun. I haven't checked with the doctor but if they are under Reno, we can still do FET?

Hi @andreanie

Are you from NUH too?

I heard that the IVF lab will be under Reno from Mar to Jun. I haven't checked with the doctor but if they are under Reno, we can still do FET?

Hi! Yes I am, I did my first Ivf in 2012 with NUH and now doing another fresh cycle in Jan but resulted in having to do FET instead in March. My gynae, Stephen Chew, didn't mention anything about any reno nor did the nurses say anything so I think should not be a problem.

Anyway I find it ridiculous if they are not able to do any FET or any cycles during March to June cos then everyone's cycle will have to stop. I'm pretty sure that they are all well prepared and have other alternative arrangements, otherwise the patients will start to complain as everyone will be affected. So far nothing has been conveyed to me or my hub. Infact after my menses in February, I calculated I should be doing the FET in March and that was being planned by my gynae too.

Last edited:
Hi! Yes I am, I did my first Ivf in 2012 with NUH and now doing another fresh cycle in Jan but resulted in having to do FET instead in March. My gynae, Stephen Chew, didn't mention anything about any reno nor did the nurses say anything so I think should not be a problem.

Anyway I find it ridiculous if they are not able to do any FET or any cycles during March to June cos then everyone's cycle will have to stop. I'm pretty sure that they are all well prepared and have other alternative arrangements, otherwise the patients will start to complain as everyone will be affected. So far nothing has been conveyed to me or my hub. Infact after my menses in February, I calculated I should be doing the FET in March and that was being planned by my gynae too.
I have confirmed with CHR nurses that NUH lab will be closed from end Mar to Jun for fresh cycles, I'm told to call only in May for fresh cycle in Jul. They said CHR will still be open for other procedures but not fresh, not very sure about FET. Best is to call CHR to check.

Oh we are seeing the same doctor! Haha

I failed my first fresh in Dec and I'm left with only one frozen embryo. I'm thinking whether I should do another fresh in Feb to increase the quantity of frozen embryos for transfer in the future.

Did Dr Chew explain what cause the fresh cycle to fail? I will be seeing him tomorrow and I have a list of questions to ask him haha

Oh we are seeing the same doctor! Haha

I failed my first fresh in Dec and I'm left with only one frozen embryo. I'm thinking whether I should do another fresh in Feb to increase the quantity of frozen embryos for transfer in the future.

Did Dr Chew explain what cause the fresh cycle to fail? I will be seeing him tomorrow and I have a list of questions to ask him haha

Hey same! I'm left with one frozen embryo too! I didn't have any to freeze in the 2011 cycle but resulted in pregnancy and now my boy is turning 4 this Feb! :)

Mine is cos Dr Chew can't get the catheter into my cervix cos after birth the womb moved much higher than it was before birth cos of my csect wound. One embie got lost inside me during the transfer, so he quickly save the other embie and told me that they are gonna freeze it and going to do FET instead. He already have a plan for me, so now just waiting for my second menses to come and then we will proceed with it. Actually I'm also thinking of doing another fresh to increase my chances but prolly will reconsider doing another fresh after this FET. Hopefully this FET will result in another pregnancy and save me from those injections again. Although my second fresh is short protocol, compared to 2011 one which was the long protocol, I had to jab over a month compared to now only 2 weeks! :)

Wow you have a 4 year old boy

I have no idea why my first fresh failed. I had 41 follicles but only 4 eggs retrieved. The rest probably didn't mature and I'm wondering if my dosage was too low.

My uterus lining was 12mm triple layer and the embryo was a 8 cell good grade embryo so I was disappointed when it wasn't a BFP.

I took supplements, went for TCM, ate healthy and exercised regularly. I did almost everything right but still, it was a BFN.

The nurse thought I had PCOS but I really don know if I have it. Dr Chew didn't tell me about PCOS except he said I had high ovarian reserve (AMH 119.5) and I might be at risk for OHSS, which I did develop after my ET. Not sure if my health, which took a downturn after ET (bloating, fever, back ache), affected the implantation too :(

Hi... just fyi... yes, if the reno is ongoing, the expected period will be April to May. And yes, the entire lab will close...and all will not be able to do any ER or ET or any of the sort. Your gynae probably didn't mention since you are to complete the procedure in March. And...the reno's confirmation is pending because they are waiting for the approval.
There is no other arrangements. NUH will not bring the entire team to another lab when the lab is closed for reno.

@bbcaromel Then looks like I can only do my fresh after their Reno in Jun/Jul :( Mar-Apr is my office peak period.

In that case, I will probably schedule a FET in Feb with my one and only frozen embryo.

If I did a fresh cycle in December, BT was on 8 Jan and BFN, menses came on time on 10 Jan, can I start the FET in Feb?

Hi... just fyi... yes, if the reno is ongoing, the expected period will be April to May. And yes, the entire lab will close...and all will not be able to do any ER or ET or any of the sort. Your gynae probably didn't mention since you are to complete the procedure in March. And...the reno's confirmation is pending because they are waiting for the approval.
There is no other arrangements. NUH will not bring the entire team to another lab when the lab is closed for reno.

Thanks for the info, I hope it will not affect FET. Will ask the nurses personally when I go for my appt in Feb. To wait for June if to do Fresh cycle again, it's too long cos I aim for a 2016 baby heh.

Wow you have a 4 year old boy

I have no idea why my first fresh failed. I had 41 follicles but only 4 eggs retrieved. The rest probably didn't mature and I'm wondering if my dosage was too low.

My uterus lining was 12mm triple layer and the embryo was a 8 cell good grade embryo so I was disappointed when it wasn't a BFP.

I took supplements, went for TCM, ate healthy and exercised regularly. I did almost everything right but still, it was a BFN.

The nurse thought I had PCOS but I really don know if I have it. Dr Chew didn't tell me about PCOS except he said I had high ovarian reserve (AMH 119.5) and I might be at risk for OHSS, which I did develop after my ET. Not sure if my health, which took a downturn after ET (bloating, fever, back ache), affected the implantation too :(

Wow you have very high AMH and 41 follicles woot! My first cycle I am also scared of getting OHSS cos Dr Chew said "just incase" but I didn't get it. Ate a lot of protein, but I only have bloating but that's about all. I do know a friend of mine who had OHSS and got a negative after ET. However after one round of FET, she got pregnant with that one. Somehow I read it's best for people who suffers OHSS or tend to have OHSS to do FET instead of ET. I hope you get a BFP in your coming FET! :)

@bbcaromel Then looks like I can only do my fresh after their Reno in Jun/Jul :( Mar-Apr is my office peak period.

In that case, I will probably schedule a FET in Feb with my one and only frozen embryo.

If I did a fresh cycle in December, BT was on 8 Jan and BFN, menses came on time on 10 Jan, can I start the FET in Feb?

Your menses came quite fast! I'm still waiting for my menses to come after stopping all progesterone. Now is already 1.5 weeks but still nothing. Don't know if my lost embryo stick or not but I doubt so. So frustrating to wait!

Yah u can start eating the medicine on first day of Feb menses if you wish to do FET in Feb. Did Dr Chew prescribe you any medicine?

@andreanie My menses came on time. I was very surprised myself. Heavy flow for 2-3 days but menses only lasted 5 days.

I just saw Dr Chew, he will be scheduling me for natural FET in Feb. I asked him about the Reno and he said there's no confirmation about it yet. He said the budget for Reno is $100K but they were quoted $500K, which is too exp so maybe there won't even be a Reno haha

He said my BFN could be due to a chromosome issue. Either sperm or egg quality issue or both. Do u take supplements? Dr Chew doesn't seem to believe in the need for them hahaha

@andreanie My menses came on time. I was very surprised myself. Heavy flow for 2-3 days but menses only lasted 5 days.

I just saw Dr Chew, he will be scheduling me for natural FET in Feb. I asked him about the Reno and he said there's no confirmation about it yet. He said the budget for Reno is $100K but they were quoted $500K, which is too exp so maybe there won't even be a Reno haha

He said my BFN could be due to a chromosome issue. Either sperm or egg quality issue or both. Do u take supplements? Dr Chew doesn't seem to believe in the need for them hahaha

Lol! So there may not even be a Reno after all! If there is, at least we now know and will be well prepared.

What is natural FET? Did he say?

Oh I don't eat any supplements. Yah i agree that he seems to not believe in them lol cos during my pregnancy last time I asked him if it's ok for me to eat this supplement for prenatal, he said can but just folic acid will do actually and eat good natural food hehehehe but he did supplement me with iron cos I had placenta prévia and lost about a liter of blood during one of the bleeding episodes.

@andreanie

Yes, I hope there will not be any Reno if not will have play the waiting game again :(

Natural FET doesn't involve any medication. Means the doc will allow my body to ovulate naturally.

I asked Dr Chew whether I needed to take supplements like Coq10 since he suspected a chromosome issue but he said "nah no need" LOL
He can be quite funny sometimes. Now I have to hope that my embryo will thaw beautifully :)

@andreanie

Yes, I hope there will not be any Reno if not will have play the waiting game again :(

Natural FET doesn't involve any medication. Means the doc will allow my body to ovulate naturally.

I asked Dr Chew whether I needed to take supplements like Coq10 since he suspected a chromosome issue but he said "nah no need" LOL
He can be quite funny sometimes. Now I have to hope that my embryo will thaw beautifully :)

Lol! I do find Dr Chew funny too! He's full of energy and the way he explains is sometimes so funny but makes sense and can understand in layman terms. I like a happy go lucky doc like him, doesn't make me feel so stress lol! Funny yet caring and very knowledgeable.

Lol! I do find Dr Chew funny too! He's full of energy and the way he explains is sometimes so funny but makes sense and can understand in layman terms. I like a happy go lucky doc like him, doesn't make me feel so stress lol! Funny yet caring and very knowledgeable.

Ya! I always laugh very loud hahahaha

But I find him more lively in the women's clinic compared to CHR. CHR he is more reserved.

Have you tried any fertility massage before? Or what did you do/eat to get a BFP?

Did my HSG this afternoon & OMG! Despite taking painkillers & mentally prepared, the pain was too much for me.. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones who find it unbearable...

The only comfort part is I only need to do it once.. My big salute to all the ladies who are going through all these just to have baby.. ;)

Hi all, my twins turn 1 month old and I will be returning 100 red eggs to zhu Shang niang niang at Toa payoh shuang lin si on 23 Jan (sat) at 3pm. Baby dusts!
Hey!!! I happen to just pop in & saw your post!!
Yeah!!! Hope u are doing fine with your darlings. Mine almost 3 mths.
Everyone jia you, whichever stage u are at :)

Hey!!! I happen to just pop in & saw your post!!
Yeah!!! Hope u are doing fine with your darlings. Mine almost 3 mths.
Everyone jia you, whichever stage u are at :)

Hello!! Yaya I'm good and my babies are turning a mth old today.. Time flies, hope ur enjoying your motherhood as well..

Yes Jiayou to everyone in the forum. This is a challenging journey but you will get there some day, press on!

Lol! So there may not even be a Reno after all! If there is, at least we now know and will be well prepared.

What is natural FET? Did he say?

Oh I don't eat any supplements. Yah i agree that he seems to not believe in them lol cos during my pregnancy last time I asked him if it's ok for me to eat this supplement for prenatal, he said can but just folic acid will do actually and eat good natural food hehehehe but he did supplement me with iron cos I had placenta prévia and lost about a liter of blood during one of the bleeding episodes.
Huh so got Reno or no Reno? I wanted to in apr but bring forward just because of the Reno....

im starting my medicated FET. Anyone still rem the jab to be taken on day 14 of mercilon is it ok to do on day 13? Cos day 14 is a sat and the nurse insist they are busy on Saturday so ask me to do it on Friday... I'm feeling abit upset as previously another nurse told me can do it on Saturday

Last edited:
Just finish my 3 weeks of nor-e as they do not want to clash with CNY, will be goin back to NUh on the 3rd of February. So anyone doing IVF same cycle as me?

Hi sisters, anyone here with nuh did endo scratch and BFP?

Can share how is endo scratch done? When should it be done? Where is it done? Is it done by prof or by another dr?

Thanks
hi just read ur post here..hope not too late replying ..I did that scratch on the very cycle of icsi on cd14, then a few days later on cd18 started suppression stage with nor e, I did under a slight sedation so I was asleep dun feel anything but woke up spotting lots+a tiny cramps. Done by Dr Fong at nuh cos prof does not do it. I did hysteroscope together with the scratch. Ended up bfp that cycle with gb twins now 8mths exactly:)

Ya! I always laugh very loud hahahaha

But I find him more lively in the women's clinic compared to CHR. CHR he is more reserved.

Have you tried any fertility massage before? Or what did you do/eat to get a BFP?
Yikes! Not sure if I replied U already or not!

I never did any fertility massage before but my first cycle with my BFP, I only ate Brazil nuts 2-3 nuts a day. And rested for 1 week, really didn't go out and was most of the time just being lazy lol! But second week, I went out a few times before the blood test but just nearby malls. :)

Last edited:
Hi, may I know if the Utrogestan and Estrofem pills is covered under the ivf package or we have to fork out on our own cash? Was quite surprise as a first timer using the subsidise and medisave package I still have to fork out some cash. I read up somewhere that 1st timer usually do not need to fork out any cash as all is within the limit. Furthermore mine is a short protocol.

Hi, may I know if the Utrogestan and Estrofem pills is covered under the ivf package or we have to fork out on our own cash? Was quite surprise as a first timer using the subsidise and medisave package I still have to fork out some cash. I read up somewhere that 1st timer usually do not need to fork out any cash as all is within the limit. Furthermore mine is a short protocol.
I think all are covered but u may need to fork out cash if you require high dosage of jab. What's your dosage?

Yes it's covered. I'm on short protocol this time and need to pay cash $800 plus. My first round in 2011 was a long protocol one and need to pay cash $1000 plus.

Yes it's covered. I'm on short protocol this time and need to pay cash $800 plus. My first round in 2011 was a long protocol one and need to pay cash $1000 plus.
Alright thanks. Will ask CHR again about this. May I ask your $800 is the excess of the medisave and govt subsidies right? Which includes all the medications,blood tests and procedures?

Hi ladies,

I just did my ER on Thursday 11th Feb. My lower abdomen hurts like crazy and my stomach is so bloated. I've been taking panadol for pain relief.
I've had diarrhea and CHR nurse thinks it's the antibiotics causing it. No weight gain so I've ruled out OHSS.

Monday 15th Feb is my ET. Did anyone suffer badly after ER and still went ahead with ET?

Oh that's pretty Low dose. I was on 300 over but don't rem paying much cash. Both u and hubby singaporean? Or do u have a lot of frozen embryos? They will give u a breakdown of the cost at the end of the cycle.

Maybe because of my age? I am only 25 yo this yr. Tomorrow will be my ER.

Need advise from sisters who did medicated FET!!

My last dose of mercilon was on Saturday. Saturday itself I had some cramp and some spotting, like 3-4 drops of blood.

Sunday started to have abit more blood, volume similar to day 4-5 of menses. Today also similar. Is this normal Menses or just spotting? This is not normal for me. As i need to do blood test between D1-3 of menses, I don't even know if this is the start of my menses. Called CHR but Nurses busy now.. Need to wait for them to call back

Anyone had similar experience?

Need advise from sisters who did medicated FET!!

My last dose of mercilon was on Saturday. Saturday itself I had some cramp and some spotting, like 3-4 drops of blood.

Sunday started to have abit more blood, volume similar to day 4-5 of menses. Today also similar. Is this normal Menses or just spotting? This is not normal for me. As i need to do blood test between D1-3 of menses, I don't even know if this is the start of my menses. Called CHR but Nurses busy now.. Need to wait for them to call back

Anyone had similar experience?

If me i would treat the spotting 2nd day as my mensus and just go for the D1 - D3 blood test. Coz from blood test result den doctor will decide and chr nurse will call when to start progynova. So just go for the BT.

If me i would treat the spotting 2nd day as my mensus and just go for the D1 - D3 blood test. Coz from blood test result den doctor will decide and chr nurse will call when to start progynova. So just go for the BT.
Did u experience the same thing as well?
Was there any full flow of menses later or it just remains Low volume?

So it was ok for u and u started prognova the next day after BT?

Back