Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan currently open or not?

Hi,

After my review consultation with the recurrent miscarriage Professor Choolani last Sat morning, he said that it is okay for me to see Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan uncle again if I want to, since now there is a treatment plan for my next pregnancy.

I remembered last year around this time, Uncle Chan was away on a cruise with his family and only back on 2 Jan. Wonder if it is the same this year.

Want to see him as soon as possible, so think will drop by his shop tomorrow afternoon when I go out to see if any notice pasted besides his medical hall, unless someone from this forum replies me and tells me otherwise.

It would be best to call the medical hall to check especially if you want/need to see the physician asap.

Anyway, since there's already a treatment plan for you, why do you need to see the TCM again? I thought it would be better to try for the "new treatment" first and decide later whether or not to proceed with TCM?

It would be best to call the medical hall to check especially if you want/need to see the physician asap.

Anyway, since there's already a treatment plan for you, why do you need to see the TCM again? I thought it would be better to try for the "new treatment" first and decide later whether or not to proceed with TCM?
This shop ah.... doesn't always pick up phones one.... hahaha...

Hi tinklebbdust,

The "new treatment" is only for when I get pregnant next time. The Professor said that as long as the meds prescribed by Uncle Chan is to be taken a few days before ovulation and several days after the positive ovulation to aid implantation chances, there is no harm in seeing him if I want to. Plus now I am only taking multi-vitamins, and not start any jabs yet (as for next pregnancy, need to start jabs the day that I test BFP, so probably Professor would not allow me to see tcm.)

My cycle day is usually 26 to 28 days.

Today is day 26 for me, but I still have not seen any AF. Nor any sight of it on the way. Just kind of feeling funny.

If I am seeing the Marine Parade old uncle Chan tomorrow, do I still need to be in the queue? I meant to see him for the December cycle, but he was away on holiday till Jan 1.

Hi jselyn1983,

I have no idea too and was about to ask the same question. I am currently out of town, and am eager to find out too. I will be back in town this Sat (Feb 13) night.

Shall be seeing Uncle Chan next Wed (Feb 17) morning if he is open, to tiao (restore) my health back.

Maybe you can just pop by his door to check tomorrow, and then revert back to me here.

Much appreciated. :)

Hi jeslyn1983,

Sorry, spelled your name wrongly in the previous post. :(

Alternatively, you can call at 8:30 a.m. to until 9:00 a.m. tomorrow as that is when they pick up the phone during their operating hours.

Ladies. Jz wann share. Saw uncle tis morning. I thought he was goin to giv mi.herbs to.brew to drink. End up he jz ask mi continue taking the capsule
女宝. He say stable. Bt I wondering no nd tk herbs alrd..?

Does anyone knows if uncle Chan is a qualified tcm physician or NOT?
I feel truly uncomfortable upon seeing him.

I went to see him upon friend's recommendation as I am planning for my next pregnancy and at the same time feeling flu-ish.

First, he said I am just slightly heaty and it's due to ovulation period. He told me to just take some fruit juice or Liang Teh. What!? Then I see you for what?? I have been feeling heaty for a while and my ovulation is still far from near. Don't tell me I've been ovulating for a few weeks OK.

Then he proceed to instruct me to take his medicine for helping with implantation, instead of addressing my issue.

Without me asking, he went ahead to inform me that he doesn't charge ridiculous price for the herbs because it will have bad karma. And whatever 'recipe'his ancestors pass down, he just carry on (this makes me wonder if he really knows his stuff?) I asked him if can 'choose' gender or not (which I've asked another tcm physician before: she gave me a very scientific and logical answer) and uncle Chan reply was he follow the Chinese amalac. So if this month conceive will be a boy and next month will be a girl (Huh, so everyone who conceive this month will have a boy is it??)

When I was collecting the herbs from his staff (a aunty) , I asked her what are the herbs. Her reply: I tell already you also don't know one la. The western doc also never tell you what they give you. Yeah right, even though we don't know the exact compounds, all the names of the medicine will be documented and given to patients. So I retailate. So she went on to say, I need to go learn tcm if I want to know. Otherwise, I would have been behind the counter (meaning her position) instead of being a patient. What!? I wanted to ask her some more, she simply brush me aside and said its good for you one la, I have no time to slowly explain to you (FYI, Uncle Chan takes super long for each appointment. Each couple takes about 20-30mins, most of the time the aunty was staring into space or doing nothing until the patient is done and passes her the prescription. Duh. And because it's a open concept, I can hear very well what he says to all other patients and bulk of the time was spent on 'useless'talk, like telling me how he was registered since 2002 blah blah blah, selling himself.

Undeterred, I went to see another tcm and told him about my condition. He promptly prescripe me medication for my heatiness and explain the causes etc. I showed him the pack of herb and he said its too heaty for my body type and suggested adding a few more herbs to it to make it suitable for my body type (his clinic doesn't sell herbs so he doesnt have any vested Interest.)

Next, i went to a medical hall to confirm what the second tcm told me. Indeed, the prescription was just a usual 八珍汤 plus a few more herbs. The medical hall guy told me it can be bought at his shop for $5.

So I am wondering if he gives all the patients the same herbs, Banking on our ignorance?

My friend told me he doesn't charge for consultation only herbs. Then uncle chan tells me his herbs price very reasonable without me even asking (highly suspicious right??)

And so I wasted 3 hours (with only 4-5 couples ahead of me) and $60 on 2 packs of herbs which I can easily get from a medical hall for $10.

I urge all of you to check your packs of herbs what does it contain!

Last edited:
Ladies. Jz wann share. Saw uncle tis morning. I thought he was goin to giv mi.herbs to.brew to drink. End up he jz ask mi continue taking the capsule
女宝. He say stable. Bt I wondering no nd tk herbs alrd..?

Hi jeslyn1983,

Well, uncle chan also prescribed me the same capsules as you, as I have a few recurrent miscarriages in the last 3.5 years. When my husband asked him not the previous herbs for prior to ovulation etc, he said no, as with that herbs, I managed to conceive but the pregnancy did not last very long (in fact, was gone by 9 weeks, measuring only 6 weeks); and he said he won't prescribe that to me again, as later on I conceived again but then lost it again, he will be very paiseh (hokkien) himself. So asked me to take the capsules instead, as he said that one of his patients took it for 2 months, then conceived and gave birth at 35 weeks slightly over a year ago.

Tks for yr reply tryingtoconceive2014. I onli saw him lik 2mths back. Tis e 3rd mth im seeing him again. Whn I went to counter the wife jz said to tk e capsules a few days after. Im jz curious hw come no nd take le. The 女宝was prescribed as I told him my bank reserve was low. So he said tking tt will help in it..tts wat I rem..

Hi ladies. Just passed my menses recently n tinkin if to go bk to see uncle chan or just continue tkin e capsules n see hw it goes. Cause the prev time I went, he juz chked pulse, ask mi buy capsules wo prescribin any other medicine..

Anyone visiting the TCM, can help to chk if the physician is going to be off anyday next week? Asking on behalf but the phone is forever busy

Hi Merainy,

Don't bother calling them as they will never pick up the call after 9 a.m., as that is when they start to get busy.

Yes, they are closed on Mon and Tue.

Thanks..i heard of that about calling...just that the person wanting to see physician is not residing in SG so afraid if he is away on holiday kind of thing...so if anyone goin there do help to ask

Also if go on weekday around 10.30am will be the consultation be ongoing till he finish all patient or got limit on no of patient to allow him end on time..given that some ppl go q very early, am afraid if by 10.30am alredi cut off

Hi Merainy,

I do not think that there is a cut off time to his queue, as previously one time I went at 1:30 p.m. close to his closing time (as his medical hall closing time is 1:30 p.m.) there were still 2 rows of people waiting to see him.

Back