(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My bb fell down from our king size bed to single bed again. Diving..... Then her body weight pressing against her head/ neck. She cried super hard.. I tried to pacify her, bring her outside walk ard, she stopped crying.. But I am wondering if I should bring her to see doc? She can still do her usual activities such as standing, cruising, crawling, kaypoh looking left right.. think that means she is allright. My hubby super worried her muscle twisted ytd. Any opinion?

Sigh.. Just so happen, the day before ytd she landed her head on e playmat. She stands, then sit down, then out of sudden fall on her back. She cried super hard too that night.. But we fed her milk, and she fell asleep..

Same for me. But I don't latch my boy, we pat him back to sleep.. I'm luck as my husband will also wake up to pat pat my boy.. Hope this phase will passed soon..
My hubby wake up only if I m too tired and didnt hear my bb cry. I also hope this phase will be over soon. Its been 8mths!

Btw, were u the one wanting to changw ur bb chinese in birth cert? I havnt given her chinese name when she was born, but now we decided on one. Thinking to add to her birth cert.. What is the process like? And where to go?

My bb fell down from our king size bed to single bed again. Diving..... Then her body weight pressing against her head/ neck. She cried super hard.. I tried to pacify her, bring her outside walk ard, she stopped crying.. But I am wondering if I should bring her to see doc? She can still do her usual activities such as standing, cruising, crawling, kaypoh looking left right.. think that means she is allright. My hubby super worried her muscle twisted ytd. Any opinion?

Sigh.. Just so happen, the day before ytd she landed her head on e playmat. She stands, then sit down, then out of sudden fall on her back. She cried super hard too that night.. But we fed her milk, and she fell asleep..
Oh no! I feel heartache for your baby. I think for a peace of mind, u may want to see the pd or check with pd during the next appointment.

My hubby wake up only if I m too tired and didnt hear my bb cry. I also hope this phase will be over soon. Its been 8mths!

Btw, were u the one wanting to changw ur bb chinese in birth cert? I havnt given her chinese name when she was born, but now we decided on one. Thinking to add to her birth cert.. What is the process like? And where to go?

I'm planning to go to ICA tomorrow to change.. Bring along marriage cert

I'm planning to go to ICA tomorrow to change.. Bring along marriage cert, birth cert and both parent IC to level 3.. Both parents need to be present..

Hi, I just went to ICA to change my boy Chinese character.. They will take back the original birth cert and issue a birth extract..The process is pretty fast, not much Q for this service and the birth extract cert will be ready in an hour. The cost is $60 each character and $40 for the birth extract.. If change name will only be $73. No more SG50 birth cert liao...

Anyway I also ask the officier if during birth registeration never input Chinese characters and want to do it now can a not. He said for this case need to seek approver and wait a few month. One of the parents must be Chinese.. Each character will be $60...Alternatively will be go through lawyer and do a deed poll..

Hi, mummies here, I'm a new mummy, looking after my bb alone. I'm curious on this latch on demand, any mummy doing latch on demand here? Is it every time when changing diaper carrying and burping doesn't stop bb cr
ying mummy start to feed again?
Hi, if u don't mind, will like to recommend a facebook breastfeeding closed group since u have issue on bf related qns. The group name is Breastfeeding Mums. Hope the group will be able to help on your bf journey.

Hi, I just went to ICA to change my boy Chinese character.. They will take back the original birth cert and issue a birth extract..The process is pretty fast, not much Q for this service and the birth extract cert will be ready in an hour. The cost is $60 each character and $40 for the birth extract.. If change name will only be $73. No more SG50 birth cert liao...

Anyway I also ask the officier if during birth registeration never input Chinese characters and want to do it now can a not. He said for this case need to seek approver and wait a few month. One of the parents must be Chinese.. Each character will be $60...Alternatively will be go through lawyer and do a deed poll..

Huh.. You mean $60 each character, so if added 3 new characters cost $180??? That's ex... Birth cert issuance was only $20-30.. Sweat.. Thanks for asking though! Hmm deed poll costs $150 I think.. Aiyah, then I shall wait and see.

Huh.. You mean $60 each character, so if added 3 new characters cost $180??? That's ex... Birth cert issuance was only $20-30.. Sweat.. Thanks for asking though! Hmm deed poll costs $150 I think.. Aiyah, then I shall wait and see.

On top of $60/ character still got $40 for the birth extract..

Why my baby nowadays cryin when see strangers even another young infants? anyone encounter this?

Mine! He only want mummy mummy mummy and will refuse to let strangers carry! I read that babies around 9m are experiencing separation anxiety. My lo will keep crying and shake his head. Haha

She also reject. Sigh.
We had a short period of that, when the baby was trying to flip over, but was not good at it, so then sleep on the back, she don't want, but sleep on her front, she is not used to it. If we carried her long enough before transferring, we had better luck in getting her to continue sleeping. We also found that putting her on her side allowed her to go to sleep much easier, so we gave her a bolster. At that point in time, we also established a bed time routine, like the lights are dimmed, she will get a wipe down and her clothes will be changed. I think she then associated that with going to sleep. Hope one of these helps you.

Mine too..she will smile at strangers but when she sees relatives who are super friendly towards her she cries badly.
Yeah, ours is like that too. She likes the attention, but does not like people to touch or try to carry her. She has like a personal zone that she doesn't like people to invade. It was worse about a month ago, where sometimes we cannot even hand her off to each other. Its getting better now. I think she realises, somewhat, that we are not trying to abandon her. Eh heh.

Hello Mummies!

I'm conducting a Psychology research on our fathers in Singapore who has child(ren) of 0 to 18 months of age. It is important to understand more about our daddies and their psychological well-being for future designing of family policies and support programmes. It is very appreciated if you could help to ask your spouse to complete this questionnaire that will only take a short time.

URL: https://goo.gl/660XHP

Participation is entirely anonymous and confidential. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much and Happy Chinese New Year!

Last edited:
Can I ask what is your feeding schedule like? I'm currently just giving milk with solid during lunch and I think she's not having enough at 9 months. Not sure to start breakfast or dinner next. Also, what solid do u give? Thanks.

Can I ask what is your feeding schedule like? I'm currently just giving milk with solid during lunch and I think she's not having enough at 9 months. Not sure to start breakfast or dinner next. Also, what solid do u give? Thanks.

Our baby feeds about every 3hrs during the day, and we give the solids in between. So say she has milk at 9, then solids at 10-11 and then milk again at 12. She gets about 2-3 solids feeds a day. If your baby is putting on weight, she is probably fine. They will let you know if they are still hungry. :)

Solids given in the morning: Puree (apple/pear/pumpkin/carrots/banana/any fruits)
Afternoon: Puree or rice/pasta with some mashed carrots and chicken/pork/fish
Evening: Rice/pasta with mashed veg and chicken/pork/fish

Amount of each feed ranges between 40g to 100g.

Hope this helps.

Wakes up at 8am..first milk feed at 9am 160ml. Lunch would be usually bread with egg yolk and chicken. Or porridge with brocoli and salmon..or fruits with cereal. 1pm milk feed. 4pm snack time (usually fruits or puff). 5pm milk feed..645pm dinner (usually the same as lunchtime but she eats way lesser). 8pm last milk feed. Milk intake once every 4 hours. Average about 680ml per day. I try not to stress myself by cooking two different meals daily cos she eats little during dinnertime. Hope this helps!

Yeah, ours is like that too. She likes the attention, but does not like people to touch or try to carry her. She has like a personal zone that she doesn't like people to invade. It was worse about a month ago, where sometimes we cannot even hand her off to each other. Its getting better now. I think she realises, somewhat, that we are not trying to abandon her. Eh heh.
Hahah same here! She's ok to smile at strangers but cries when ppl comes near her. She would give the puppy eyes to look for either her dad or me.

If she is active as per normal, no vomiting should be fine. Mine fell from our queen size bed on the hard floor with loud bang! Cried very hard then stop after pacifying. Baby seems alright eat as per normal no vomiting. But later part of the day we still worried so we brought him to KKH (becoz is a sun no pd clinics open). The doc also asked us to monitor and gave us a pamphlet with the signs to look out for.. like red eyes, blood oozing out from ears, eyes of mouth, extra cranky or sleepiness, unconscious, vomiting. If no such it is ok & common for kids to fall. At young age their bones still soft so it is nt easy to get fractured. So... we spent $103 at the A&E and was asked to monitor at home anything then bring back. Lol!

Mine is morning will have milk once..around 8+ 9am. (Slept from 11pm till morning). Next feed lunch is porridge, then 3 hours after porridge is milk feed, then bath at 5+pm and ard 7pm have milk and last feed ard 11pm. Milk feed ranges from 100-150ml depending hw much he eats. Not every feed he finishes 150ml. Most of the time he eats around 100ml. But we planning to start 2 solids a day already.. lunch & dinner so will substitute away one milk feed. Everything is 3hrs apart, unless he is sleeping then may stretch to 4-5hrs

Ours have fallen off the bed several times now. First few times was by accident. The last time was intentionally crawling off the bed and I couldn't get to her in time. Now she has learnt what the edge of the bed is and knows how to stop there. Like what icyjol said, as long as can pacify, eat and no vomiting, the baby is fine. They are quite light, and the height of the fall is not that high (as in from the bed or if they lose their balance and fall from sitting), so the most they will get is a bruise. Of course if they fall on something sharp, then better watch more closely.

Our baby feeds about every 3hrs during the day, and we give the solids in between. So say she has milk at 9, then solids at 10-11 and then milk again at 12. She gets about 2-3 solids feeds a day. If your baby is putting on weight, she is probably fine. They will let you know if they are still hungry. :)

Solids given in the morning: Puree (apple/pear/pumpkin/carrots/banana/any fruits)
Afternoon: Puree or rice/pasta with some mashed carrots and chicken/pork/fish
Evening: Rice/pasta with mashed veg and chicken/pork/fish

Amount of each feed ranges between 40g to 100g.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Your baby already tried so much variety compared to mine. Mine is feed milk at 7am, 11am, solid at 12.30pm, milk 4pm, 7pm n before sleep.

Happy new year mummies!

I latches my LO every2.5 hrs to 3 hrs. Now I feed her 2 meals if possible. Usually lunch and dinner. For lunch will be oats and fruits, dinner porridge with veg and fish. Only use meat to cook stock for the porridge but not to feed LO as my mum says bb can't digest.

For pasta, how do you cook it? If I cook for myself, will cook in water with olive oil and salt but LO can't take salt. Ok for olive oil? After that, you mashed it up?

Is it ok to feed bread since there is some sugar and salt added to it? White bread or wholemeal cos I eat wholemeal bread.

Thanks. Your baby already tried so much variety compared to mine. Mine is feed milk at 7am, 11am, solid at 12.30pm, milk 4pm, 7pm n before sleep.
My bb takes solid 3x a day. Morning breakfast porridge with chicken stock and chicken/beef meats and some vegies such as carrot, broccolli, asparagus, etc. Afternoon ard 2-3pm is fruits time. Evening ard 6pm another porridge, same as morning. In between we feed milk but she doesnt drink much, at most 30ml each feed. At 8.5mths old, her weight finally hits 8kg. I follow schedule guidelines based on her age. I guess you can start giving her more solids..

If she is active as per normal, no vomiting should be fine. Mine fell from our queen size bed on the hard floor with loud bang! Cried very hard then stop after pacifying. Baby seems alright eat as per normal no vomiting. But later part of the day we still worried so we brought him to KKH (becoz is a sun no pd clinics open). The doc also asked us to monitor and gave us a pamphlet with the signs to look out for.. like red eyes, blood oozing out from ears, eyes of mouth, extra cranky or sleepiness, unconscious, vomiting. If no such it is ok & common for kids to fall. At young age their bones still soft so it is nt easy to get fractured. So... we spent $103 at the A&E and was asked to monitor at home anything then bring back. Lol!
Yeah, my bb looks fine shortly after the incident. Now she is still active as ever, only that, she still dunno that edge of the bed is dangerous!! So now we put our mattress on e floor n sleep on it together. Put more pillows n bolsters ard her too. Taught her how to get down from the bed, but seems she just ignore and keep crawling instead. Aiyoh...

I try to insert the solid feeds in between the milk, so if you wanted to add another feed, you can consider between the 4 and 7pm milk feeds. Maybe you can even have the baby have dinner with you (if you have early dinners). I noticed that ours show interest in what we are eating, so sometimes we feed her a bit of what we are having. I think main thing is to do what you feel comfortable with, as you will know best whether your baby is receptive to more foods. :)

And well, even though she has that many feeds and types of foods, she is still small sized. :) So...oh well, good that she is portable I guess. Easier on our arms. :p

Sigh.. Luckily i m not alone! But the question is, when will it stop?

I think it should get better in a month or two. But I think a lot of it also depends on the experiences the baby gets. The more unfamiliar people the baby meets with the parents, the less big their reaction will be. Essentially it is trying to get the baby to the stage where he/she realises that you are not going to abandon them, and that as long as you are around, they are safe. So, need to give the baby time to figure that out. :)

Yeah, my bb looks fine shortly after the incident. Now she is still active as ever, only that, she still dunno that edge of the bed is dangerous!! So now we put our mattress on e floor n sleep on it together. Put more pillows n bolsters ard her too. Taught her how to get down from the bed, but seems she just ignore and keep crawling instead. Aiyoh...

Ah, I think they need to learn about where their bodies are relative to the bed, or any higher surface for that matter. I realised that the times when she slipped off unintentionally did not teach her anything at all. It had to be the time when she intentionally crawled off and then realised that there was nothing to hold her, then she learnt. We noticed that she also started to drop things off the edge of the bed and look at the toys on the floor. So I guess she is learning something.

My boy now are 9 mths plus like to cry n shout a lot.. he will do it when he is tired.. hungry.. can't get the things he wants etc etc.. he can really cry n shout for a long time. He also very very active nowadays. He dun fancy his walker anymore n like to crawl a lot. He can't rest for even 5 seconds. It is getting very tiring for me. Just wondering are the bbs all the same or just my bb hyper active?

My boy now are 9 mths plus like to cry n shout a lot.. he will do it when he is tired.. hungry.. can't get the things he wants etc etc.. he can really cry n shout for a long time. He also very very active nowadays. He dun fancy his walker anymore n like to crawl a lot. He can't rest for even 5 seconds. It is getting very tiring for me. Just wondering are the bbs all the same or just my bb hyper active

My boy also getting move active given that he knows how to crawl now.. We will put him in the play yard for him to play or crawl.. But he needs someone to be with him.. He also shouts more now, he wasn't like that in the past.. Worse is this few nights he's shouting in his dream.. -_-"'

My boy also getting move active given that he knows how to crawl now.. We will put him in the play yard for him to play or crawl.. But he needs someone to be with him.. He also shouts more now, he wasn't like that in the past.. Worse is this few nights he's shouting in his dream.. -_-"'
My girl also shout at night, once she cried v loud with closed eyes. Dunno if thats bcoz she is dreaming or just one of the day. Every night she still wakes up 2-3x. Short one, then continue to sleep.

My boy now are 9 mths plus like to cry n shout a lot.. he will do it when he is tired.. hungry.. can't get the things he wants etc etc.. he can really cry n shout for a long time. He also very very active nowadays. He dun fancy his walker anymore n like to crawl a lot. He can't rest for even 5 seconds. It is getting very tiring for me. Just wondering are the bbs all the same or just my bb hyper active?
TOTALLY THE SAME. my bb cant stay still for more than 3 sec. Keep moving n crawling n standing n cruising n crawl n shout and play ard and make noise when she is bored or she wanna go out. Gosh...... Actually she has been like that since birth. Seldom sleep in a day, light sleeper too. :(

TOTALLY THE SAME. my bb cant stay still for more than 3 sec. Keep moving n crawling n standing n cruising n crawl n shout and play ard and make noise when she is bored or she wanna go out. Gosh...... Actually she has been like that since birth. Seldom sleep in a day, light sleeper too. :(

My boy is light sleeper too. Seldom sleep at day time. Luckily can sleep thru the nite. Whenever he sees his Papa taking the stroller out of the house, he will start making noises n want to go out. At home he will do exactly what u have mentioned. Non stop until he is very tired then he will shout n cry. We are very tired loh.

Hi All, I read that if the babies doesn't want solid must we see a dietitian cause my LO isn't interested with solids. Been trying to give all sorts from purée to fruits, she hates it to max. Must we see one? Just curious!

Abit late but still in time. Happy CNY to all mummies and your family. Hope the celebration was great.
It must have been tiring now that our LOs are all crawling around. Mine is trying to stand and getting many bumps on his head. Really need 100% attention, all the time. They are really growing so fast. Was so tiny few months back.

What solids has she been taking?

I'm having the same issue.. bb started solid around 7 MO and was ok, then he fell sick and totally don't want solid and it's hard to give him med for e 2 weeks.. After he recover he totally reject any solid and water... not sure what to do next cos he's 8 m+ now.. any ideas mummies?

I'm having the same issue.. bb started solid around 7 MO and was ok, then he fell sick and totally don't want solid and it's hard to give him med for e 2 weeks.. After he recover he totally reject any solid and water... not sure what to do next cos he's 8 m+ now.. any ideas mummies?
May I know what kind of solids you were feeding previously? Maybe try another type of solid bb nv eaten before so he would be interested in novelty?

Hi All, I read that if the babies doesn't want solid must we see a dietitian cause my LO isn't interested with solids. Been trying to give all sorts from purée to fruits, she hates it to max. Must we see one? Just curious!
I guess if babies are losing weight it's the first sign of concern. Milk is still their primary nutrition below 1 yrs of age.

May I know what kind of solids you were feeding previously? Maybe try another type of solid bb nv eaten before so he would be interested in novelty?

He had porridge w pumpkin and sometimes brown rice cereal.

We tried giving him porridge w sweet potato or other veg but he refused to open his mouth. He's rejecting even e brown rice cereal after he got well.

Sigh...

He's 8m + and weigh 9.5 kg, used to be 10.2 kg before he fell sick but doc say his weight gain slow down as he's more active now.

Does he refuse milk too? U can try to let him crawl and play until v tired, so he will feel hungry and wont refuse food. Thats what i did for my baby. Also, possibly he is teething, coz mine also refused to eat when she is teething. Will keep biting toys, spoon, etc.

These few days my bb girl can stand on her own without support for 5sec!! But each time I wanna take video, she couldnt stand that long. I put toys or my phone higher than her so she is curious to reach them, and suddenly she stands. Still unstable though. Everyday seems to learn something new. Bought her play yard, so far ok to stay inside, but when she started to walk, my mom said she wont stay still.. My nephew 1mth older, still cant crawl. Either that, or he will skip crawling stage.

He had porridge w pumpkin and sometimes brown rice cereal.

We tried giving him porridge w sweet potato or other veg but he refused to open his mouth. He's rejecting even e brown rice cereal after he got well.

Sigh...

He's 8m + and weigh 9.5 kg, used to be 10.2 kg before he fell sick but doc say his weight gain slow down as he's more active now.
How about trying non cereal or non porridge items? I usually feed my LO with a cut of fish. About 4cm. And then feed directly. Then after fish I will feed sweet potato.

Back