Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi all again, I'm 35w already did my check up today. Urine test no Gd . Bp as high as 155/81 urine sugar n protein present. And the most stressful part is my BB est 2.2kg only. So Doctor suggest next week I do a detail scan again. Is either my placenta not very Gd in delivering nutrients or wat. Then wat scared me is he told me if no movement, walk in straight to kkh. I freaked out n been feeling damn lousy n emo

Hello,

I know it is too much to ask of you to stay calm, but if you are successful in staying calm, your bb will be able to stay calm like mummy and grow even better. Alsway remember that worrying does not improve the situation one bit.

Follow your chosen doctor advise, one step at a time ya. Jia you. all will turn out ok for you de.

Hi all again, I'm 35w already did my check up today. Urine test no Gd . Bp as high as 155/81 urine sugar n protein present. And the most stressful part is my BB est 2.2kg only. So Doctor suggest next week I do a detail scan again. Is either my placenta not very Gd in delivering nutrients or wat. Then wat scared me is he told me if no movement, walk in straight to kkh. I freaked out n been feeling damn lousy n emo

From what I understand as long as baby above 2kg is quite safe. Can eat durian to boost baby growth but may affect your sugar level. Did dr put U on ctg scan? I have a fren baby also small and like not absorbing nutrients and dr put her on ctg every week to monitor and give her steriod jab to mature bb lungs just Incase bb need to come out early. Try eating oats too

walk-in need to wait long long but with appt also need to wait long long. At least I know the time. Anw nurse FELICIA will try her best to slot... Dr Tan will try to see walk in patients but if really in urgent, there's always O&G 24hr for standby... Not like private Hosp where the gynae will do everything on his own.

If just need prescription, can go GP.. The day when I'm in great pain, dr tan only prescribe Panadol and didn't test further even though he suspect I got uti cos he got another patient waiting to be delivered. So I went to my GP after a few days. Luckily I did company health screen and found out earlier.

I not helping them but I know their system cos I'm in healthcare industry too so can't rely on them most of the time.

Hello,

Honestly there is nothing to hide, IVF is neither a crime or something shameful.

You should in fact feel proud and happy as you will soon become a happy mummy of a twin. So many mummy out there are so envious of your current situation.

Jia you.

Sometimes u just wanted to hide from those hi bye or kpo friends cos they are not concern about the double bundle of joy but more of gossiping how unnatural the process is just to get twins...

But to my close friends and relatives, I told them openly as they are really there to support me.

Sometimes u just wanted to hide from those hi bye or kpo friends cos they are not concern about the double bundle of joy but more of gossiping how unnatural the process is just to get twins...

But to my close friends and relatives, I told them openly as they are really there to support me.
We all have been there and experience comments direct or indirect, with or without ill intentions. We just need to account to ourselves between hubby and wife as ivf treatment is a joint decision so we will embrace the outcome together. As for others opinions, we don't choose words that people use or mindset that they have, but we have a choice in how they affect us and our loved ones. We may be fertility challenged, we are not intellectually or emotionally challenged, we can assess and sense who really matters and care.

walk-in need to wait long long but with appt also need to wait long long. At least I know the time. Anw nurse FELICIA will try her best to slot... Dr Tan will try to see walk in patients but if really in urgent, there's always O&G 24hr for standby... Not like private Hosp where the gynae will do everything on his own.

If just need prescription, can go GP.. The day when I'm in great pain, dr tan only prescribe Panadol and didn't test further even though he suspect I got uti cos he got another patient waiting to be delivered. So I went to my GP after a few days. Luckily I did company health screen and found out earlier.

I not helping them but I know their system cos I'm in healthcare industry too so can't rely on them most of the time.
Apparently if I have to seek other avenues to get my issues resolved, I might as well be a subsidized patient. Perhaps it's just felicia's bad day that day, I didn't find her attitude good and that she lacks empathy. She's just a personal assistant. Without seeing or scanning, she can brush off my case as "it's very common to have bleeding in IVF patients" - it's just not responsible.

We all have been there and experience comments direct or indirect, with or without ill intentions. We just need to account to ourselves between hubby and wife as ivf treatment is a joint decision so we will embrace the outcome together. As for others opinions, we don't choose words that people use or mindset that they have, but we have a choice in how they affect us and our loved ones. We may be fertility challenged, we are not intellectually or emotionally challenged, we can assess and sense who really matters and care.

Thanks dawnBB for the optimistic opinion to accept the opinion. Generally just ignore the bad ones n accept the support we had. Tt makes our pregnancy better :)

Actually it didn't really matter if adults go through IVF to get pregnant or whether who really genuinely feel happy for you. I have thought this Q long & hard. The main focus is, how will your own kids think? They definitely do not have the ability to sense and put the negative thoughts at the back of their heads. Will it affect their development, psychologically?

Actually it didn't really matter if adults go through IVF to get pregnant or whether who really genuinely feel happy for you. I have thought this Q long & hard. The main focus is, how will your own kids think? They definitely do not have the ability to sense and put the negative thoughts at the back of their heads. Will it affect their development, psychologically?

One of my friends also went to ivf and she kept quiet and close herself at home... In sch I dun think ppl will say since I dun think neighbors will know but it's more of outings n gatherings ba...

Apparently if I have to seek other avenues to get my issues resolved, I might as well be a subsidized patient. Perhaps it's just felicia's bad day that day, I didn't find her attitude good and that she lacks empathy. She's just a personal assistant. Without seeing or scanning, she can brush off my case as "it's very common to have bleeding in IVF patients" - it's just not responsible.

Wah if she say that then I got nothing to say Liao... It's not common to bleed during pregnancy lo.. Be it via ivf or natural... Did u sound out to Dr Tan? Sometimes nurses r there like barrier to brush ppl off but if it's time which delay the treatment then it should be serious.

Last edited:
From what I understand as long as baby above 2kg is quite safe. Can eat durian to boost baby growth but may affect your sugar level. Did dr put U on ctg scan? I have a fren baby also small and like not absorbing nutrients and dr put her on ctg every week to monitor and give her steriod jab to mature bb lungs just Incase bb need to come out early. Try eating oats too
Nope he only ask me come back next week to do another detail scan as BB is blocking his face n tummy is squashed cnt get actual measurement. Yeah I trying to take more protein n cut my carbs down.

That's a real problem faced by professionals working in public sector. You see so many patients that you become desensitised. The patient becomes just one of the thousands you struggle to deal with on a daily basis. It becomes easy to forget that the patients come with real fears and need some hand holding - even if, in your professional opinion, the problems are common and inevitable.

After my experience with KKH, I think I've learnt to be more patient with my own customers!

These issues are very real and will continue to exist. We may have different approaches based on our experience and social conditioning to deal with them but one common thing for sure is as I believe, we will do our utmost for the best interest of our precious little ones. Jia you! :)

Agree totally, however, over year, i learn to distant myself from those kpo "friend". Intentionally to accidently remove them from my friend list. Of cos, if these kpo folks are my workmate, then i will limit my chat with them on work matter only. I will not even talk to them about basic things like weather.

Over time, my friend pool honestly become lesser and lesser but the quality improve very significant, i personally prefer it this way, of cos sure got other will prefer a super big pool of friend of various quality.

Cheers

Have not been logging in lately as I've been really moody dealing with very bad tailbone pain till I teared, itchy rashes all over my body and piles! But glad that these few days everything is slightly better though the rashes are still all over and very itchy. Doc don't think it's due to allergy and he also sent me to take BT to check if there's any liver issues that might cause this. He's confident it's due to preg hormones and nothing serious. I've also done my detailed scan. Happy to have a boy-girl twin. However, my bb girl's heart was detected with abnormalities. Apparently, there's some vessels backflow. But all other things are ok. Dr Tan HH was unable to review my results as he was away for meeting. But the ADC doc told me it could be because it's still pretty early for her development and I'll need to go for another scan in 4 weeks time to see if it resolves by itself. I just sob uncontrollably when I heard that but he told me not to worry too much and still ask me to enjoy the CNY holidays! *faints* Like seriously!!??? How to enjoy when u hear such things??....Cried the whole day but I know I have to pick myself up and talk to my little girl constantly to hang on there and pray really hard. Anyone heard of such similar cases and went on to have a healthy bb?

In my case, i conceived a pair of twin but lost 1 at week 8 or so. The FTS report showed my risk level for T18 and 13 abnormalities were very high at 1: 36 and was unable to tell which twin is affected, d surviving one or the other. Can't rem exactly but it affects the liver n heart development and whoever is missing on these chromosomes are likely to 胎死腹中or at worse stillbirth. The resident doc at amc recommended that i go for amnio but we do not want to take d risk. Like you, i was so worried every night and keep askingy dh "how?"and i googled everyday but nothing turned out good. To cut story short, i finally went for 2nd opinion (A Prof at Camden) and he cleared my surviving bb of T18 and T13 abnormalties. Before i went to see the prof, i sounded out my dr abt it and he was not really for it. He din stop me though and i went for the scan without his knowing. My bb is coming to one month soon.

If you want to consider this prof, can pm me. But there are mixed reviews abt this prof and my doc at kkh was abit sceptical about the result.

One of my friends also went to ivf and she kept quiet and close herself at home... In sch I dun think ppl will say since I dun think neighbors will know but it's more of outings n gatherings ba...

Wah if she say that then I got nothing to say Liao... It's not common to bleed during pregnancy lo.. Be it via ivf or natural... Did u sound out to Dr Tan? Sometimes nurses r there like barrier to brush ppl off but if it's time which delay the treatment then it should be serious.
Precisely lo..sometimes cannot get too chummy with nurses cos they tend to take you for granted like "Aiya, nvm one". Hard to sound to doc tan cos I also dun wan him to tell her off then Sekali she knows it's me also not v nice..

Precisely lo..sometimes cannot get too chummy with nurses cos they tend to take you for granted like "Aiya, nvm one". Hard to sound to doc tan cos I also dun wan him to tell her off then Sekali she knows it's me also not v nice..
Dr Tan did mention to me that is common pregnancy via IVF will have spotting. He also know how much pain n effort we have put in to achieve n want this baby too. Sometime is the way how they say is across to us.

In my case, i conceived a pair of twin but lost 1 at week 8 or so. The FTS report showed my risk level for T18 and 13 abnormalities were very high at 1: 36 and was unable to tell which twin is affected, d surviving one or the other. Can't rem exactly but it affects the liver n heart development and whoever is missing on these chromosomes are likely to 胎死腹中or at worse stillbirth. The resident doc at amc recommended that i go for amnio but we do not want to take d risk. Like you, i was so worried every night and keep askingy dh "how?"and i googled everyday but nothing turned out good. To cut story short, i finally went for 2nd opinion (A Prof at Camden) and he cleared my surviving bb of T18 and T13 abnormalties. Before i went to see the prof, i sounded out my dr abt it and he was not really for it. He din stop me though and i went for the scan without his knowing. My bb is coming to one month soon.

If you want to consider this prof, can pm me. But there are mixed reviews abt this prof and my doc at kkh was abit sceptical about the result.

Hello,

Hope that all will be well for you. Alsways remember that NO doctor have the right to stop any patient from seeking 2nd opinion of your choice. They can and only reccommend only.

Hello,

Hope that all will be well for you. Alsways remember that NO doctor have the right to stop any patient from seeking 2nd opinion of your choice. They can and only reccommend only.

Yeah actually i went for 2nd opinion for a piece of mind. I was certain that the risk was adjusted due to the "vanished" twin. But i dun want to risk it. I had to be prepard mentally prepared for the worse. My #2 only came after 5 tries. So very 宝贵。

Yeah actually i went for 2nd opinion for a piece of mind. I was certain that the risk was adjusted due to the "vanished" twin. But i dun want to risk it. I had to be prepard mentally prepared for the worse. My #2 only came after 5 tries. So very 宝贵。

Yup, peace of mind is very important, gynac & Dr Anandas afterall are mere human, they can only advice base on their experience & knowledge.

All will go well de, relax and enjoy your CNY.

Cheers

C

me curious. What is Dr Tan's reply? Heehee

he did show sympathy and told me to just walk-in in future during office hour as he will definitely c me if I really can't take it.

Perhaps to be fair with the other patients who have booked appt with him, walk in patients still need to wait unless it is really an emergency.

Have not been logging in lately as I've been really moody dealing with very bad tailbone pain till I teared, itchy rashes all over my body and piles! But glad that these few days everything is slightly better though the rashes are still all over and very itchy. Doc don't think it's due to allergy and he also sent me to take BT to check if there's any liver issues that might cause this. He's confident it's due to preg hormones and nothing serious. I've also done my detailed scan. Happy to have a boy-girl twin. However, my bb girl's heart was detected with abnormalities. Apparently, there's some vessels backflow. But all other things are ok. Dr Tan HH was unable to review my results as he was away for meeting. But the ADC doc told me it could be because it's still pretty early for her development and I'll need to go for another scan in 4 weeks time to see if it resolves by itself. I just sob uncontrollably when I heard that but he told me not to worry too much and still ask me to enjoy the CNY holidays! *faints* Like seriously!!??? How to enjoy when u hear such things??....Cried the whole day but I know I have to pick myself up and talk to my little girl constantly to hang on there and pray really hard. Anyone heard of such similar cases and went on to have a healthy bb?

*hugs hugs* Try and be positive. If Dr says it could be resolved by itself then have to be optimistic. I know it's not easy though. Continue talking to your girl.

I think we can twist this to our advantage and use this as our chance to teach our children about self-confidence and not caring about what ppl say. I'm determined to let my son know about IVF and make sure he is super proud that he's an IVF kid and won't let ppl put him down because of that. In fact, I was planning to make a scrapbook about his conception via IVF. And I was telling my husband that I want my son to become an embryologist! Lol.

I think we can twist this to our advantage and use this as our chance to teach our children about self-confidence and not caring about what ppl say. I'm determined to let my son know about IVF and make sure he is super proud that he's an IVF kid and won't let ppl put him down because of that. In fact, I was planning to make a scrapbook about his conception via IVF. And I was telling my husband that I want my son to become an embryologist! Lol.

Lol me too. I hope he can be ivf dr or embryologist.

Well, i attended the same school as Singapore's second ivf baby. His mom told him about how he was conceived. It was quite known and did hear some teasing eg "man-made"," test tube baby" etc but really the guy just laughed it off and made jokes about himself too. His friends could only have known because he told them. He is a medical doctor now by the way!

My private gynae was actually the one who recommended that I go for IVF straight the moment I want to conceive due to my medical history.

I remember the last sentence he said to me while passing me the referral letter - "Go for this and when you come back, you are the same as any pregnant lady in my clinic."

That was super encouraging, and that proves that the doctors who didnt want to take on IVF patients are just unprofessional and not fulfilling the spirit of their practice.

My private gynae was actually the one who recommended that I go for IVF straight the moment I want to conceive due to my medical history.

I remember the last sentence he said to me while passing me the referral letter - "Go for this and when you come back, you are the same as any pregnant lady in my clinic."

That was super encouraging, and that proves that the doctors who didnt want to take on IVF patients are just unprofessional and not fulfilling the spirit of their practice.

Hello, anyway to view such doctors are that they are actually professional & responsible doctor, because they know that they do not have sufficient knowledge, skill & ability to help such mummy so decide to decline. Personally i prefer doctor who know their ability and work within the area that they are confident. Afterall, giving birth is a big ops. Getting preggies is already a long, painful and expensive exercise, we do not want to have a not confident/skillful enough doctor to screw up the final lap of this incredible journey.

Cheers

That's so nice of him.

Can i just check if anyone not following their IVF Docs and going for private hospital for prenatal check-up and delivery?

So i should ask my IVF doc if she does delivery? is that how it works? Care to share which gynae you with?

Yup you should ask her cos there are some IVF docs who don't do delivery. If she doesn't then you can ask her when you should look for a different gynae ie. she will handle your case till you are how many weeks. Mine gave me up to 20 weeks so I did most of my tests like Harmony, Glucose etc with my IVF doc. My IVF doc gave me copies of all of the tests/ultrasounds etc and I kept them in a file and showed it to my current gynae.

Now I'm with Dr Geraldine Tan from TMC.

I was with my IVF dr until week 20 before she released me to the wilderness as she doesn't do delivery. So now I'm with another gynae.

Hello, looking on the bright side, this further confirm that IVF mummy is 100% same same as other mummy who go the natural way. This is another strong evidence that can be use to teach those idiot who think otherwise.

Totally agreed........:) Anywayz, not necessary to let ppl know. We are in the tough journey. We will be blessed. Cheers and happy cny. Our nxt yr de finely is better le. Ok?????

So i should ask my IVF doc if she does delivery? is that how it works? Care to share which gynae you with?

U don't have to follow your ivf gynae if U don't want to. Not necessary must follow him or her unless there is complications or multiple preg. That's how I feel.

Hi Ladies,

When do you start taking birdnest? I have a few bottles of birdnest concentrate which I have yet to consume.
Not sure when is the safe period and also now with the morning multi vits and DHA and evening calcium tablets, seems like no slot for consuming birdnest haha

Thanks

Hi Ladies,

When do you start taking birdnest? I have a few bottles of birdnest concentrate which I have yet to consume.
Not sure when is the safe period and also now with the morning multi vits and DHA and evening calcium tablets, seems like no slot for consuming birdnest haha

Thanks

Think can start from second tri. I heard good and bad reviews from taking birdnest. Some said bb will have phelgm and some said bb will be stronger and fairer. Haha.

Think can start from second tri. I heard good and bad reviews from taking birdnest. Some said bb will have phelgm and some said bb will be stronger and fairer. Haha.

I tink it really depends on individual babies. I took bird nest for both pregnancies. My #1 turns out very fair n quite strong. For my #2, even at 1 month, he has soooo much phelgm and he is not fair either. Duno if its too early to tell. But my gynae told me it has nothing to do with what i eat.

Birdnest is expensive protein, that's all. Best taken 4th month onwards as it's considered as "cooling". I had that every week during my 1st pregnancy and so far so good lo. It will not determine how fair your kid is going to be (all boils down to genes). BUT, do remember to remove whatever residue or small feathers from the bird nest before you boil it

Happy CNY to all the little monkeys Mummies to be! Thank you all for the comforting words and encouragement. Really appreciate that. Well, my gyne did review the detailed scan results after all and nurse Felicia called us the next day and told us that everything is ok. So my dh was a bit surprised and highlighted to her about the heart abnormalities detected and she told him doc say no need to worry. I’m not sure what were her exact words as I was showering so my dh took the call. But I guess there’s nothing much we can do now except to stay positive and eat well & wait for the next scan in 4 weeks’ time.

@lizzietsum , @piglet02 , @bunny yeah, I do hope she’s just developing a tad slower than the brother that’s all. Else quite poor thing if the valve issue does not resolve by itself, might need a surgery to fix it by then although it seems to be quite a common problem.

@aaa111 first time preg and with twins. So I guess the emotions are more overwhelming especially we all know how tough it is in order for us to get here.

@DawnBB , yup, been talking to the both of them and asking the brother to take care of the sister inside. Indeed, I only cried for that whole day and I don’t allow myself to be sad thereon since it’s not going to help either. Maybe the call from my gyne’s nurse does help a little to put my mind at ease.

@shiro_ger, reckoned that u’re referring to Prof Ananda? TBH, my first thought was to see him after we left ADC. Another of my friend asked me to see Dr Ann Tan as she specialized in high risk preg. But after composing myself and talking to my family, we decided to KIV till the scan in 4 weeks. Reason being, we figured that as long as it’s not any chromosome/genetic or life threatening issues at this point, we’ll not do anything for now first. I also heard of mixed reviews abt the Prof but one of my family members had seen him before and they’re fine with him. Heard that he’s got very sharp and detailed diagnostic machine. Just that he’s a bit direct in your face kind. Perhaps not so empathetic I guess?

Anyway, keeping our fingers crossed and hope that it’s just a false alarm!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks

I start from 2nd tri from week 16 onwards. That's what my mum told me. I was concern of the babies having phlegm later on but she says just add less rock sugar. I have it once a week which my mum brews for me. Apparently the best time to consume is at night, about 2 hours after your dinner and before going to bed. So for me, I normally consume around 10pm.

Happy CNY to all the little monkeys Mummies to be! Thank you all for the comforting words and encouragement. Really appreciate that. Well, my gyne did review the detailed scan results after all and nurse Felicia called us the next day and told us that everything is ok. So my dh was a bit surprised and highlighted to her about the heart abnormalities detected and she told him doc say no need to worry. I’m not sure what were her exact words as I was showering so my dh took the call. But I guess there’s nothing much we can do now except to stay positive and eat well & wait for the next scan in 4 weeks’ time.

@lizzietsum , @piglet02 , @bunny yeah, I do hope she’s just developing a tad slower than the brother that’s all. Else quite poor thing if the valve issue does not resolve by itself, might need a surgery to fix it by then although it seems to be quite a common problem.

@aaa111 first time preg and with twins. So I guess the emotions are more overwhelming especially we all know how tough it is in order for us to get here.

@DawnBB , yup, been talking to the both of them and asking the brother to take care of the sister inside. Indeed, I only cried for that whole day and I don’t allow myself to be sad thereon since it’s not going to help either. Maybe the call from my gyne’s nurse does help a little to put my mind at ease.

@shiro_ger, reckoned that u’re referring to Prof Ananda? TBH, my first thought was to see him after we left ADC. Another of my friend asked me to see Dr Ann Tan as she specialized in high risk preg. But after composing myself and talking to my family, we decided to KIV till the scan in 4 weeks. Reason being, we figured that as long as it’s not any chromosome/genetic or life threatening issues at this point, we’ll not do anything for now first. I also heard of mixed reviews abt the Prof but one of my family members had seen him before and they’re fine with him. Heard that he’s got very sharp and detailed diagnostic machine. Just that he’s a bit direct in your face kind. Perhaps not so empathetic I guess?

Good to hear things are going well. Take care rest more and stay positive.

Great to hear that. Now concentrate to make your twin grow bui built health. The heart valve one later when born if PD will help your baby. No worry too much for now. Be happy n your twin will turn out fine.

Hello, we are all so happy for you. Yes, we believe along with you that this is purely false alarm. You are totally correct. stay positive, eat well and please try to get as much rest/sleep as possible.

Jia you. We look forward to receiving another happy report from you in 4 weeks time. Cheers

I start from 2nd tri from week 16 onwards. That's what my mum told me. I was concern of the babies having phlegm later on but she says just add less rock sugar. I have it once a week which my mum brews for me. Apparently the best time to consume is at night, about 2 hours after your dinner and before going to bed. So for me, I normally consume around 10pm.

thanks to all the ladies for their reply on my question.
I realise you all have supportive mums or mil that helps your brew birdsnest. so lucky!!
Must it be self-brewed? What i have is those birdnest concentrate in a bottle. those that you take a teaspoon a day.
I dun see TCM so i really do not know the pros and cons of bottled birdnest.

Back