2016/07 July babies

@Deceptionist I opt for the gender details when doing the blood test.. Hence I knew the gender before the scan itself :) we will wait tog with you!

@tuna no problem! :) hope you found one that you like

@redvel yeah! It's always exciting to see baby on the screen right. Though the scan is always just a few minutes only... This round I have to wait more than four weeks before I get to go for the next scan which is also the detailed scan..

Hahaha, all mommies wish you all a Happy Lunar New Year! Eat more, but remember no raw food alright >< Hope everyone will have a very happy New Year this year together with our bump.

@Cloverseed I'm also looking forward to my detailed scan. Will be our first and I think it will be a special moment for me and hubby to watch, where usually normal scans are done so quickly.

Yeah wishing all mummies here a new year with abundance of happiness and nice foodies and hopefully full of kicks! (Especially those who haven't really felt kicks including me). My doc did say to me 3weeks ago "no CNY sweets for you". But many of my girlfriends say when they were preggie also got some sugar in urine and all turned out ok with no GD. My doc is very kiasu one. I don't think I can survive the visits without something to munch. Still will take pinches. Hmpf.

@Deceptionist happy lunar new year to you too! Looking forward to the long weekend ✌️

@redvel yeah! Counting down with you to ur tomorrow's scan My recent urine test also show the sugar thingy but my gynae didn't really comment much abt it.. Will watch my diet after the CNY feast

My detailed scan will be done in 2weeks time. Doc says I'm 19weeks now. On the same day gotta do the drink glucose thingy. Eek. Heard its quite disgusting. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Today my sugar urine looks better though but he thinks I should do this GD test for precautionary reason as it can detect pre GD.

Today my bb decides to sleep through her scan.

@redvel - what is the glucose thingy you need to do? I don't remember doing that for my girls, but it sounds very vaguely familiar, may have heard frens mention that before.
It's too hot to dance, your baby wants to conserve energy for night time, lol!
I remember you're just a few days ahead of me, did your EDD get moved fwd? I'm 17 wks + a bit. 19 wks is almost half way there! :)

Tuna, that's the procedure to test if mtb has gestational diabetes or has potential of having one later stage into the pregnancy. He says obese women one out of 5 will get it but I'm not on the big side but he wants me to test nevertheless. He says GD is not to be taken lightly as it poses many dangers to the mummy. The procedure is have to fast from the midnight before and report to the clinic at 9am. At 9am,10am,11am I'll be given sugary water (I heard its damn sweet aka the disgusting part. I don't even wanna ask how much ml i have to drink at each hour). After each drink, I'll be pricked for blood test. And the clinic assistant told me try not to vomit. Once puke, have to come back to do another day. Bleh.

Oh btw I gained 2.3kg from 3 weeks ago. Doc asks why suddenly my weight soars. Haha I told him I eat better now la and moreover these are my lost kgs from 1st trime. He advices to gain 200/300g per week.

Actually my initially edd based on size of bb from scans is about 10/11July. So I always use that and I calculate it as about 18weeks today. But today he says I'm at 19weeks based on dates. He did measure my bb today but he says not accurate anymore based on CRL measurement. I have learnt on his style that he doesn't quite bother about edd at this stage. He says only God will decide when. Ha then I also go easy about it.

When my hubby heard 19 weeks, he was also like you... He said omg we are half way there already.

@aaa111 yup yup got video recording of what is baby doing when he doing the scan =) hmm...i went during weekday and waiting time is still okay..dun need wait an hour or so....i make appt and come on the spot ... scanning time is minimum 30mins or longer depend on how cooperative baby is....

For the fetal cardio scan , is because my baby show symptoms with heart issue and Dr Ananda was kinda worried because hubby got heart issue too so just wana ensure heart is pumping okay. So not a must to be thru cos it cost another $600 too.

If ya unsure which test or money to "invest" at ... u can speak to the nurse from Dr Ananda clinic. They are very friendly..all auntie-auntie pattern:):)... approachable ... They will ask u bring all the scan/results u hv...den from there they see which test u hv to go thru rather than u repeat the same test again... :):):)

Hello,

I forgot to ask you a question regarding your genetic scan. After Dr Ananda completed the genetic scan, did he provide his professional opinion on your EDD date? If yes, does it defer with the one that was given to you by your gynac much early? If the EDD dates differs, did you share Dr Ananda EDD date with your gynac and did your gynac make changes to the EDD date?

Thanks

Happy Chinese new yr to all. My scheduled detailed scan will be on my 20th week. Looking forward to it! Anyway can't think too much except to juz rest and relax this super long weekend.

Today feel super tired and and feel bad after dinner. Dunno if it's the curry that makes me feel a bit heartburn . I was telling my hubby that I'm on 18th week and I'm feeling heartburn. Dunno how to tahan the rest of the pregnancy. Shouldn't take such rich food.anyway I'm having a bit cough and seems like my throat is getting a bit sore. Din take any medicine and hope it will heal by itself. But with all the Chinese new yr goodies, think it will get worse than better. So now juz keep drinking lotsa water and hope I will get better by new year

Get well soon verluv. Perhaps bring along a thermal bottle with warm lemon water during your CNY visits. Sip it through the day to up your immunity a bit. I will do that so that I can try to avoid sugary drinks offered at visits!

For the first time I merlioned last night. Never did at first trime either. I think my LO doesn't like Hans fried rice and teh-xi-kosong. I think it's a good thing maybe because I have been trying to kick my teh xi habit. Still have lingering after taste and thinking of that beverage now makes me sick in stomach.

Get well soon verluv. Perhaps bring along a thermal bottle with warm lemon water during your CNY visits. Sip it through the day to up your immunity a bit. I will do that so that I can try to avoid sugary drinks offered at visits!

For the first time I merlioned last night. Never did at first trime either. I think my LO doesn't like Hans fried rice and teh-xi-kosong. I think it's a good thing maybe because I have been trying to kick my teh xi habit. Still have lingering after taste and thinking of that beverage now makes me sick in stomach.

Hello,

For mummy that have gastric problem de, they should avoid acidity food/fruit such as lemon, orange, cranberry. Plenty water is best, however if dun like plain water, maybe can consider honey water. ( But dun make until super sweet, got some flavor ok le)

Enjoy

Over my family reunion lunch today, I told my family I think my maternal instinct is not very strong yet. Maybe because i haven't felt any kicks (that's personally how I relate it la). But actually in the morning when I woke up I felt some tummy tapping but wasn't sure if I was imagining things. However I just woke up from my nap and I felt the same tapping again but even more. I believe now that it's her kicks. She must have heard me. This CNY eve feels special to me.

Thanks redvel.. Oh over the 2 days of cny, had been eating and drinking whatever I like.. Haha and of coz it includes all the gassy drinks. Have been eating well too.

And congrats to all mummies who feel the kick!! Think it's another milestone of our pregnancy.. Saw my sis in law with the new born.. Super cute but then to think abt the expressing of milk la, jaundice problem.. It's a new set of problem.

Was thinking being pregnant is better than the expressing milk period.. Though now I feel my back almost breaking at the end of everyday!

Kitty16 I know I'm quite lazy to travel to yoga centre so I've been practicing self taught yoga before bfp (after many basic classes before). Now I stop because cannot play play with poses. Enjoy your sessions. I'm sticking to swimming for now.

Verluv, I told myself i will stop at two pineapple tarts a day. But it is mission impossible (don't forget still got love letters, cashew cookies, etc). But at least I stick to my warm plain water which I bring along to visits.

My bb kicks are getting more frequent and not just tapping anymore. Can feel her glide/roll. My sis shares that when I feel bb movement, I can tap my tummy back. A way of communication.

Heh I think let's enjoy the 9 months first. I don't dare to think too much for now what the challenges are after popping.

Anyone using baby plus? My sister just passed me one , she swears by it . (My nephew is indeed very bright) I'm not so sure. I've also read mixed reviews on it

Wow redvel u r still very discipline for drinking plain water.. N yes I think u r right, let's enjoy our 9 months first before thinking all the milk expression!

For my baby kick I can feel it but it's not that frequent yet. Maybe 3-4 times a day. During afternoon totally can't feel anything. Maybe I'm too engrossed in other things..

Kitty, wats the baby plus abt? Never heard abt it yet..

I can only feel movement when I'm lying in bed though. With the hustle bustle through the day I also can't feel anything.

I personally will not adopt baby plus.

Hello,

I forgot to ask you a question regarding your genetic scan. After Dr Ananda completed the genetic scan, did he provide his professional opinion on your EDD date? If yes, does it defer with the one that was given to you by your gynac much early? If the EDD dates differs, did you share Dr Ananda EDD date with your gynac and did your gynac make changes to the EDD date?

Thanks

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE =)

@aaa111 .... hmm....the EDD date Dr Ananda provide is almost the same... juz +/- a few days... baby no. of weeks old is the same =) Dr Ananda knew the EDD given by the hospital too ...

@redvel must be an awesome feeling when you feel baby kicking right I am still waiting for my baby's first kick.. Looking forward to it. I have been chatting with baby once in a while and sometimes hubby will ask who are you talking to. Lol It's such an amazing thing knowing baby is growing within.

@kitty my friend wanted to pass me the baby plus too. Just spoke abt it last weekend. Not sure how effective it is though ...

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE =)

@aaa111 .... hmm....the EDD date Dr Ananda provide is almost the same... juz +/- a few days... baby no. of weeks old is the same =) Dr Ananda knew the EDD given by the hospital too ...

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it. Happy CNY too

Hi ladies, are u planning to breastfeed ? Do you know which breast pump is good ? Thanks

I'm going to breast feed and I'm using avent dual pump and the manual single pump. I dun really like the electric one. But heard the Korean spectrum pump is quite good. But dun think im investing one since this is going to be my last preg!! Closing shop after this

I love the Avent manual and Medela pump in style advance (old model la, think the Medela freestyle is an even better version of it). Both worked very well for me.

Verluv - ur avent manual uses the duck valves or the older ones? I cant rem what the older valves are called, they'are these flat flower petal-like things. Mine very old model, can't find parts for it. Wonder if you happen to know how to get them.

Mine is the old model. Bought it in 2011 for my first one. I dunno whether need to buy the parts or not. But normally when I need avent parts, I will go to the toa payoh Phillips head quarter and get. I haven try out the pump yet. But heard spectra quite affordable.. Hmm.. Dunno want to get a new one or not?

Medela too expensive.. Definitely not getting. But is spectra abt $200+? If so do u all think I should get one? Normally I very lazy only breastfeed for 6mths nia. But I always express coz I want to know how much my baby drink. I scare if the bb juz latch, it's not enuff for them.

Oh so much to learn. My nesting instinct still hasn't kick in. Now still spending me time because I know once the fellow is out there will be none. Ha.

But I would hope to breastfeed as far as I can. But easier said than done perhaps. Have to weigh the situation when it comes.

Medela too expensive.. Definitely not getting. But is spectra abt $200+? If so do u all think I should get one? Normally I very lazy only breastfeed for 6mths nia. But I always express coz I want to know how much my baby drink. I scare if the bb juz latch, it's not enuff for them.
I m thinking of buying spectra coz medela too exp. I was using medela swing for my first ...but sold the pump away when I stopped breast feeding when she was 4 months plus

Will u buy spectra locally or from overseas?

Can we bring our hubby when doing the detailed scan or will he be told to wait outside?
Your hubby can accompany you throughout.

Talking about detailed scan- my last baby wasn't cooperating at all. We have to walk about and come back again half an hr later .
So talk to the lil one and ask em to cooperate .

Actually I am at wk 19 and although this is my fourth I don't really feel e fella moving or hiccuping unless I am lying down then I felt the bolp and the wave and the little hardening .

But seriously I can't feel my legs by 14weeks and my thigh and ankle and kneecaps and hips are aching and giving ways. I am not looking forward to the third trimester.
I have to sleep with my leg lifted up with pillows to ease all the tensions on my leg since I am always on the go and with e three kids.

Happy new year to all too.

Oh no. Does prenatal messages help I wonder?

So far my body is ok. No aches (except for leg cramp at times at night). The obvious change for me this week is my breathlessness getting more intense. When showering this morning i need to catch my breath too. Then at work today while seated also feel same same.

I got my medela pump in style second hand at a good price, so i ordered new tubings, funnels, valves etc.
Can check out the Want to Sell section if you don't mind.
For confinement, i used the manual pump to express because I found that much faster. After confinement during ML, i latched on almost all the time as washing the pump very leh cheh, only went back to expressing in the last few weeks to build up frozen stocks for when i go back to work.

@redvel - you'll need to tell the nurses in the delivery Ward u plan to breastfeed if possible so they don't feed formula for first feed. That would really help u on ur breastfeeding journey.

I got my medela pump in style second hand at a good price, so i ordered new tubings, funnels, valves etc.
Can check out the Want to Sell section if you don't mind.
For confinement, i used the manual pump to express because I found that much faster. After confinement during ML, i latched on almost all the time as washing the pump very leh cheh, only went back to expressing in the last few weeks to build up frozen stocks for when i go back to work.

@redvel - you'll need to tell the nurses in the delivery Ward u plan to breastfeed if possible so they don't feed formula for first feed. That would really help u on ur breastfeeding journey.

Hi Redvel, i dun remember got milk flowing immediately after give birth, i vaguely remember milk flow started like 1-2 day after, and even then is not too much, i know is beco i pump it out.

I felt my baby movement over the weekends, mostly in the night. Then I will talk to baby and say "you shouldn't be awake now till morning, go back to sleep" haha!

Back to the breast pump topic, is it true that electronic pump does not work as well as manual pump? Heard from some of my friends saying that is less powerful.

Welcoming new forumers here.

Deceptionist, heh so cute. Night owl bb. Mine moves usually just before and after meal. I guess she likes food.

I'm inheriting the medela freestyle pump from my sis.

I felt my baby movement over the weekends, mostly in the night. Then I will talk to baby and say "you shouldn't be awake now till morning, go back to sleep" haha!

Back to the breast pump topic, is it true that electronic pump does not work as well as manual pump? Heard from some of my friends saying that is less powerful.

I used electronic pump for first 6 mths for all my 3children i must say it's easier than manually pumping which is quite tiring after a while.

I doubt I'll be bf fully this time round with 3other children . Most prob expressed milk and fm feed.

Back