September 2016 Mummies!

Hi girls I was given 2 weeks duphaston from week 5. Now am week 7 my morning sickness is crazy. Mine is more like evening-night sickness. Whatever I eat n drink I jus vomit out. Not sure if it's due to duphaston? I was not on duphaston for my #1 and I don't remember my ms is as bad as this =(

Hi all!

I was tested positive on 4th Feb using pregnancy kit. Too kanjiong and went down to AMK's Women Clinic of Singapore to do a ultrasound. but doc unable to scan anything. Asked me to do a urine test. But result came back as 1 strong and 1 faint lines. So get me to go back after CNY. Was charged $300+. Heartpain.

Tried testing again using preg. kit yesterday and today. Both came back as positive. Haha! First pregnancy so a bit kanjiong. Was on folic acid and Duphaston from the doc.

Plan to go Polyclinic next wed to get referral letter to KKH. Not sure if I am going by the right way.

Till now, I am still not very sure if I am pregnant as the doc that I have visited on last Thurs made some negative comments.

By the way, can add me to the Facebook group as well? [email protected]
Thanks!

Hi all!

I was tested positive on 4th Feb using pregnancy kit. Too kanjiong and went down to AMK's Women Clinic of Singapore to do a ultrasound. but doc unable to scan anything. Asked me to do a urine test. But result came back as 1 strong and 1 faint lines. So get me to go back after CNY. Was charged $300+. Heartpain.

Tried testing again using preg. kit yesterday and today. Both came back as positive. Haha! First pregnancy so a bit kanjiong. Was on folic acid and Duphaston from the doc.

Plan to go Polyclinic next wed to get referral letter to KKH. Not sure if I am going by the right way.

Till now, I am still not very sure if I am pregnant as the doc that I have visited on last Thurs made some negative comments.

Thanks!

Hello, go to polyclinic to get referral letter is the correct way if you want to be a subsidy patient at KKH. If you want to choose a specific gynac at KKH, then you can skip polyclinic and dial KKH to make appointment to see the specific gynac that you have chosen. Beco, if you die die want to decide which doctor see you, then you will have no choice but to be a private patient.

Cheers.

Hi all!

Thanks!
Added! Check your email inbox/junk for the invitation.

Hello, go to polyclinic to get referral letter is the correct way if you want to be a subsidy patient at KKH. If you want to choose a specific gynac at KKH, then you can skip polyclinic and dial KKH to make appointment to see the specific gynac that you have chosen. Beco, if you die die want to decide which doctor see you, then you will have no choice but to be a private patient.

Cheers.

Hihi! Still deciding if i want to have a doctor to follow me till birth or subsidy. But I thought of going to Polyclinic to "confirm" my pregnancy before going to KKH it's because it will be cheaper to do at Polyclinic than at KKH. Haha! I have tested 3 times so far on my own all positive. Except when I am at the clinic, the test was 1 strong and 1 faint line. That demoralized me a bit.

Don't consider myself preggy until I get the official confirmation from doc. Not sure if this mentality is correct.

Happy 除夕 to everyone!

Hihi! Still deciding if i want to have a doctor to follow me till birth or subsidy. But I thought of going to Polyclinic to "confirm" my pregnancy before going to KKH it's because it will be cheaper to do at Polyclinic than at KKH. Haha! I have tested 3 times so far on my own all positive. Except when I am at the clinic, the test was 1 strong and 1 faint line. That demoralized me a bit.

Don't consider myself preggy until I get the official confirmation from doc. Not sure if this mentality is correct.

Happy 除夕 to everyone!

First, you need to calculate you are in which week by last menstrual date. Second you need to decide whether you want to be subsidised or private. Third, any preference ob/ gynea, you may do research on forum.

If you are still within 6 week dont mind waiting can get referral letter from poly, poly also carry out urine test, appoint with kkh wont be soon. Ultrasonic scan after 6 week is more acurate and value for $$, if you are already after 6 week, want to chose gynae then just call to book appointment with your gynea. Or private womens clinic dont even require booking, just walk in for a scan. Like your previous exp, first scan is more expensive, but the second scan normally will be cheaper.

Happy 除夕 to everyone!

Hello,

This is a wise move, just that waiting time at poly clinic can be quite long, if you are not in a rush then it is okie ya.

No such thing as correct mentality or not, every mummy is different de, as long as it give you comfort & confident can liao.

All the best. Jia you.

hello mummies who have given birth before, any common symptoms that you guys observed which might determine the gender of your bb? haha.. was reading some interesting old wife tales online, but i believe most are myths la.

hello mummies who have given birth before, any common symptoms that you guys observed which might determine the gender of your bb? haha.. was reading some interesting old wife tales online, but i believe most are myths la.

Hello,

you are correct, all myths. The fastest way to know the bb gender is to do a harmony/paranoma test at week 10. This test will cost you at least $800. Draw blood only, so zero risk to your baby, also will be able to tell whether bb have down sydrome, accuracy is 99%

Hihi, any difference btwn harmony and paranoma test? I'm above 35. Am in dilemma if I shld go for oscar first or opt direct for harmony instead. Any idea how much for harmony test in kkh? Am still waiting for kkh to call me and schedule my blood test appt.

Do PM me the FB group. Thanks.

Hihi, I'm 33 yrs old turning 34 in Sep, and expecting my #1. Rough estimation, I'm into week 6-7 now. So should be a Sep mummy.
My gynae will confirm my EDD next sat after my U/S.

Can add me into FB grp? My email is [email protected].

Hihi, I'm 33 yrs old turning 34 in Sep, and expecting my #1. Rough estimation, I'm into week 6-7 now. So should be a Sep mummy.
My gynae will confirm my EDD next sat after my U/S.

Can add me into FB grp? My email is [email protected].
Just sent u the invite! Check your email inbox/junk.
Hihi, any difference btwn harmony and paranoma test? I'm above 35. Am in dilemma if I shld go for oscar first or opt direct for harmony instead. Any idea how much for harmony test in kkh? Am still waiting for kkh to call me and schedule my blood test appt.

Do PM me the FB group. Thanks.
I'll need your email address to send u the invite to join the FB group.

wee! Went for 2nd appt ytd and my edd is confirm to be on 23sep. So happy to see my little baby with his/her little head, arm bud and leg hehehe. Heard the heartbeat too... So amazing! :D Also add me into the fb grp: [email protected] thanks!

Last edited:
had some chit chat with friends abt their pregnancy experience.. some told me female gynae is not so calm and abit "fierce" during delivery...anyone experience that?
we went to SL Goh last week and she is so gentle, cant imagine her garang look. haha
well... we also thinking to go KKH/NUH as private patient even thought we already got the referral letter to NUH ... need more advice on how to choose the gynae...

hi mummies, do you all still get cramps now?
i'm supposed to be week 11 now but still getting cramps on and off (today is especially worse)
it is not unbearable but still an uncomfortable feeling..
ive been taking duphaston every night before bed..

i'm supposed to be week 11 now but still getting cramps on and off (today is especially worse)

is this your first pregnancy?
If it its, it's pretty common cos the womb is stretching as baby is growing.
so you will feel the pain like cramps.... don't worry.

Went for a scan today at my first appt and as of today, am 8weeks 1 day, according to my LMP. Scan was also accurate and bb is 15.5mm as of now. Even tho this is my #3, am pretty excited! Edd on 26 Sept!
ImageUploadedByForum1455531544.753331.jpg

Hello,

you are correct, all myths. The fastest way to know the bb gender is to do a harmony/paranoma test at week 10. This test will cost you at least $800. Draw blood only, so zero risk to your baby, also will be able to tell whether bb have down sydrome, accuracy is 99%
Hi

Can claim from medisave??

Haha my #1 is a girl.. I think no "symptom" that helped me to guess the gender. Maybe except that my tummy was high and super round hahha!

Actually I didn't get cramps for this pregnancy, until around last week (around 8 wks+). I also feel that it's quite uncomfortable. I've asked my gynae during the check-up, and he said that's fine, since I am taking Duphaston 3x a day, and baby U/S so far looks ok..

Let's hope the cramps get better soon hehe...
Went for a scan today at my first appt and as of today, am 8weeks 1 day, according to my LMP. Scan was also accurate and bb is 15.5mm as of now. Even tho this is my #3, am pretty excited! Edd on 26 Sept!View attachment 622528

Congrats!! #3!! That's nice! My EDD is on 18th Sept, pretty close to urs!

is this your first pregnancy?
If it its, it's pretty common cos the womb is stretching as baby is growing.
so you will feel the pain like cramps.... don't worry.

yeah.. once in awhile i will also having cramp - i am at 9 weeks now.
well, these few days having bad migraine .. >_< anyone experience migraine ?

Hi everyone, just had my checkup today and I'm into my 9w3d and Edd is 17sep.

Can add me too? [email protected]
Is there an active watsapp grp? Can add also? Will be easier to talk there though. 96177152

Hi Sep mummies! Can i be added to the group? My email add is [email protected].

Thanks!
Gwen has sent u the FB invite.

My EDD is 16 Sept. Can you please add me to the FB group? [email protected]. Thanks!
Hi everyone, just had my checkup today and I'm into my 9w3d and Edd is 17sep.

Can add me too? [email protected]
Is there an active watsapp grp? Can add also? Will be easier to talk there though. 96177152
I've just sent all 3 of you invites to the FB group. Check your email inbox/junk.
Hi, my edd is 26 sept #2. Can add me for fb and whatsapp group?
I'll need your email address to send you the invite to join the FB group.

Back