IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Hi... Thank u for the reply. True what u mention.. I guess my ivf is not so soon.. Doc schedule me for hsg. I tot i could start the ivf soon, was abit disappointed he wanted further test coz he said i was still young and ivf is the last resort.. :(

For now, gotta continue popping supplements and pray that i can conceive naturally. What about you whats your next plan?

Hi, it's good doing hsg so doctor can assess the situation better. Although mine, both and my husband are a-ok after several checks - as i had cyst before years back. still having difficulty conceiving so we turn to ivf. remember, going through ivf can have moments of rollercoaster ride. so stay strong, stay sane and stay tight!

if you want to prep yourself, go acupuncture, stay off cold drinks, eat healthy, start folic! all the best!

Salam Sistas..

Hope everyone doing well...

Anyone has contact for makcik urut? My current one has stop so looking for a good one..

Can pm me please.

Thanks

Salam Ladies,

I would love to know more about IVF (the success rate of it) as i will be going through it in 3-4 months time.
I just want to be mentally prepared.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Salam Ladies,

I would love to know more about IVF (the success rate of it) as i will be going through it in 3-4 months time.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Juz prep ur body... Take supplement... Balance diet... That's the best you can do. Insya Allah your rezeki Ada. I Juz Went for my ivf but was not successful... I'm going for another cycle... At this moment of time.. I preparing myself Wif all that. Sometimes what we plan might not happen according wat we want. But Insya Allah....

Salam Ladies,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

The success rate depends on a lot of factors. You can ask the fertility centre what is their success rate. Different fertility centres have different protocols and thus different success rates.

But yes, like what Daniz says, do prep your body. Be positive throughout and stay strong.

Salam Semua,

I have already started my IVF journey and now awaiting to do FET. Supposed to do FET this month's cycle but it got pushed back coz the doctor found cyst on my left ovary. I do have endo and fibroids and even did surgery to remove them before but sadly it recurred. So now before I can start on my FET the gynae prescribed to me Gynera which I found out is a birth control pill to suppress my cysts.
I am wondering anyone here been in the same situation or taken this pill before? What's the success rate that it actually helps in suppressing the cysts?

And any advice on home remedies to suppress them?

Last edited:
Salam Semua,

I have already started my IVF journey and now awaiting to do FET. Supposed to do FET this month's cycle but it got pushed back coz the doctor found cyst on my left ovary. I do have endo and fibroids and even did surgery to remove them before but sadly it recurred. So now before I can start on my FET the gynae prescribed to me Gynera which I found out is a birth control pill to suppress my cysts.
I am wondering anyone here been in the same situation or taken this pill before? What's the success rate that it actually helps in suppressing the cysts?

And any advice on home remedies to suppress them?

I have severe endo and have went for 2 surgeries before. Prior to starting my IVF, I have one cyst in my right ovary. It was about 3cm. My IVF Dr monitored my CA125 (tumour marker) and when it went down, she decided to proceed with IVF and not do anything to the cyst. My CA125 was 90% at first but I took chlorophyll and another supplement and it went down to 40%. For IVF, I was on the long protocol and took about 6 weeks of Lucrin. Some Drs may choose to suppress the cyst instead of surgery if the cyst is not big. Surgery will mean that your IVF will have to be delayed a few mths plus my Dr did mention that taking out the cyst from the ovary will also take away some of the egg reserves.

I have severe endo and have went for 2 surgeries before. Prior to starting my IVF, I have one cyst in my right ovary. It was about 3cm. My IVF Dr monitored my CA125 (tumour marker) and when it went down, she decided to proceed with IVF and not do anything to the cyst. My CA125 was 90% at first but I took chlorophyll and another supplement and it went down to 40%. For IVF, I was on the long protocol and took about 6 weeks of Lucrin. Some Drs may choose to suppress the cyst instead of surgery if the cyst is not big. Surgery will mean that your IVF will have to be delayed a few mths plus my Dr did mention that taking out the cyst from the ovary will also take away some of the egg reserves.

Hi,
So far another surgery is not an option for me and the doctor, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Like you said yes another surgery would mean pushing back the FET. We are just hoping that the Gynera and acupuncture treatments can suppress the cyst. The acupuncturist mention to try to avoid chicken as much as I can which I am doing so.
You were saying you took some other supplements for it to go down, you mind sharing what are those supplements? I am currently taking the herbs from the acupuncture treatments, pre-natal vits, royal jelly etc. I am taking like a cocktail of vitamins.
Have you heard of raspberry tea leaf and if taking it will help?

Thanks.

Hi,
So far another surgery is not an option for me and the doctor, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Like you said yes another surgery would mean pushing back the FET. We are just hoping that the Gynera and acupuncture treatments can suppress the cyst. The acupuncturist mention to try to avoid chicken as much as I can which I am doing so.
You were saying you took some other supplements for it to go down, you mind sharing what are those supplements? I am currently taking the herbs from the acupuncture treatments, pre-natal vits, royal jelly etc. I am taking like a cocktail of vitamins.
Have you heard of raspberry tea leaf and if taking it will help?

Thanks.

I took Reserve by Jeunesse. Actually it was my mother who bought it for me. Perhaps it's the high antioxidant which helps.

I think for royal jelly, do try check with your tcm/ acupuncturist if it's advisable to take.

I've not tried raspberry tea leaf. I only know that it's good for ppl who are going to deliver soon.

Salam everyone,

I want to know if anyone on here is going through IVF due to male factor infertility?
My husband went for his varicocele surgery recently, and doctor said that his sperm count will not improve until 3-6 months later.
I am 27 this year. And have been ttc since 2 years ago. Only found out about my husband's condition late last year. His prolactin level skyrocketed 70% more than the healthy range, sampai doctor suspected there was a tumour in his brain. The high level of prolactin affected his sperm count, until he was diagnosed with subfertility.

Then a few weeks later, he redid his test and his prolactin level was just fine alhamdulillah, but they found a varicocele in his right testicle. So I believe his sperm count was still below the range.

I have to admit that this is the worst time. To be waiting for things to happen. But this experience has humbled me so much. And reminded me to always always berserah to Allah. He is recovering well, and I pray that by some miracle, his count improves soon! :)

Salam everyone,

I want to know if anyone on here is going through IVF due to male factor infertility?
My husband went for his varicocele surgery recently, and doctor said that his sperm count will not improve until 3-6 months later.
I am 27 this year. And have been ttc since 2 years ago. Only found out about my husband's condition late last year. His prolactin level skyrocketed 70% more than the healthy range, sampai doctor suspected there was a tumour in his brain. The high level of prolactin affected his sperm count, until he was diagnosed with subfertility.

Then a few weeks later, he redid his test and his prolactin level was just fine alhamdulillah, but they found a varicocele in his right testicle. So I believe his sperm count was still below the range.

I have to admit that this is the worst time. To be waiting for things to happen. But this experience has humbled me so much. And reminded me to always always berserah to Allah. He is recovering well, and I pray that by some miracle, his count improves soon! :)

Salam Sis,

When we decided to try out for IVF and did the necessary tests, we found out that my husband's sperm is on the slow side and of abnormal shape. So he took the vitamins prescribed by the gynae and when we redid the test before extraction everything seems to have improved.

So for me the issue is mainly about me.

Just keep on eating the vitamins and not to stress over it. Every time I have an acupuncturist or gynae visit they keeps saying to not stress on a day to day basis as all this plays a part. Just wondering did the gynae ask your husband to try acupuncture maybe? At the clinic I go too I see men who are there for treatment as well for fertility.

I totally agree with you on how this experience has humbled me as well. Last time when we initially got married like 4 yrs ago we were not really thinking of kids yet as we want to be financially stable in life and always thinking aiyah when we want kids then let's try. But then now it's not that simple. When we are ready and we want it, things don happen. Same as you I am reminded to berserah but at the same time kita kena usaha juga kan.

Hopefully, things progress for the better for you dear :).

I took Reserve by Jeunesse. Actually it was my mother who bought it for me. Perhaps it's the high antioxidant which helps.

I think for royal jelly, do try check with your tcm/ acupuncturist if it's advisable to take.

I've not tried raspberry tea leaf. I only know that it's good for ppl who are going to deliver soon.

Have you tried castor oil packs? I read online about it but it seems difficult to get a hold on the castor oil itself.

Salam everyone,

Mine is dominantly female factor although my hubby's swimmers were not excellent either.
Do be optimistic ok. I got a friend whose husband had only 1 sperm when they did the SA. But now they've a couple of kids. All natural.

I have to agree that trying to conceive has humbled me too. It makes me realize not everything is within my control. I tried for more than 6 yrs before going for IVF.

My IVF was almost a failure. I had 15 eggs and out of that 14 eggs could be injected. However, out of all, only 1 was fertilized normally. I was crushed and thought that it's a failed cycle. On top of that, the embryo had to be frozen cos my progesterone was too high to do an embryo transfer. I was so scared that the embryo wouldn't make it after the thawing. But I just kept making du'a. And Alhamdulillah.. I'm 36 weeks pregnant now and waiting to pop soon inshaAllah.

So don't ever give up ok! :) We try all we can and leave the rest to Allah.

Salam everyone... Im new here... Wondering if any of you sisters have heard about success IVF when you have hydrosalpinx..
Yesterday went to KKH to collect my report on my left tube.. SUper devastated.. :( I had EP in 2009 and im left with only my left tube... and now doc said that my left tube is damage and swollen... There's water in it.. advised me to do an op coz if the water leaked during/after i do IVF, i may have miscarriage... We had a talk husband and wife, and decide not to take away the left tube... As we thought Allah tu maha kuasa, thou the doc said that we cant do anything to the damaged tube, we tawakal..
Anyway I heard the IVF is quite expensive.. Can advise the cost sisters?

Salam everyone... Im new here... Wondering if any of you sisters have heard about success IVF when you have hydrosalpinx..
Yesterday went to KKH to collect my report on my left tube.. SUper devastated.. :( I had EP in 2009 and im left with only my left tube... and now doc said that my left tube is damage and swollen... There's water in it.. advised me to do an op coz if the water leaked during/after i do IVF, i may have miscarriage... We had a talk husband and wife, and decide not to take away the left tube... As we thought Allah tu maha kuasa, thou the doc said that we cant do anything to the damaged tube, we tawakal..
Anyway I heard the IVF is quite expensive.. Can advise the cost sisters?

Salam sister, I'm not sure about the success rate of IVF when you have hyrosalpinx. But just keep a positive mind ok. I did IVF with one cyst in right ovary and adenomyosis on the left. So must be optimistic.

The cost depends on whether you go private or govt. For govt, you get co-funding + can use medisave (6k medisave if I'm not wrong). For private you can use the 6k medisave but normally you have to pay cash first and they reimburse you. Cost depends on the protocol and hospital.

Salam sister, I'm not sure about the success rate of IVF when you have hyrosalpinx. But just keep a positive mind ok. I did IVF with one cyst in right ovary and adenomyosis on the left. So must be optimistic.

The cost depends on whether you go private or govt. For govt, you get co-funding + can use medisave (6k medisave if I'm not wrong). For private you can use the 6k medisave but normally you have to pay cash first and they reimburse you. Cost depends on the protocol and hospital.

Salam Sis,

Thanks for replying :)
Did you take any supplements?
Since i am going to do IVF in Sept... planning to take supplements to prepare...

Salam Sis,

Thanks for replying :)
Did you take any supplements?
Since i am going to do IVF in Sept... planning to take supplements to prepare...

Sorry it's a long list. Lol.

I took these :

Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals
Folic Acid 5mg
Longan red date & wolfberry tea during stimulation and 2ww
Brazil nuts
Figs
Avocado
Golden Kiwi every day
No tea/coffee
No cold water
lots of plain water
Reserve by Jeunesse once a day
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily

I did FET so before my FET, I ate durian as well. :)

Sorry it's a long list. Lol.

I took these :

Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals
Folic Acid 5mg
Longan red date & wolfberry tea during stimulation and 2ww
Brazil nuts
Figs
Avocado
Golden Kiwi every day
No tea/coffee
No cold water
lots of plain water
Reserve by Jeunesse once a day
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily

I did FET so before my FET, I ate durian as well. :)
Wow thats a lot lol !

Lol.. yah I was kiasu. There's the main IVF support group and I really learnt a lot from the girls there.
Oh yah I also went for urut and ginger wrap before my FET. Helps to warm up the womb.
I was wondering if I should go Sengkak... I watch this YouTube channel and they said serapaptese is good for the hydrosalphinx... Not sure if I should try....

Hi everyone here...hope all of u are good. I didnt realise there was a muslim group in this ivf forum :) anyway, anyone here on 2ww? Just wanna gather some other things u all did for the 2ww :)
Thanks

Hi everyone here...hope all of u are good. I didnt realise there was a muslim group in this ivf forum :) anyway, anyone here on 2ww? Just wanna gather some other things u all did for the 2ww :)
Thanks
Hi Fafy, i just went for briefing last 2 days ago. So now waiting for my period to come!!! didnt expect that i would be so anxious waiting for my period... :)

Hi Fafy, i just went for briefing last 2 days ago. So now waiting for my period to come!!! didnt expect that i would be so anxious waiting for my period... :)
Salam sis. Best wishes for both of you.. As for Me waiting for my 2nd trial which wil be for November period..

Hahaha! Ikr. I was like u that time. Lol! I hope all will be well for ur cycle and do update k :)

Yup 2nd trial. 1st ivf is negative so going for 2nd trial in November. Wat abt u?
Hello @Daniz im on my 2nd cycle as well. My 1st cycle my ET was cancelled due to all the 5 eggs didnt fertilise.
Alhamdullilah this round 4 egg fertilised. Now just hoping the 2 embys will stick. Insyaallah...

Hello @Daniz im on my 2nd cycle as well. My 1st cycle my ET was cancelled due to all the 5 eggs didnt fertilise.
Alhamdullilah this round 4 egg fertilised. Now just hoping the 2 embys will stick. Insyaallah...
Insya Allah everything will go well... Hope to hear good new from u.. Mine everything was ok... It Juz not my luck for the 1st ivf. So now while waiting for November cycle... Juz prepare my body...

Insya Allah everything will go well... Hope to hear good new from u.. Mine everything was ok... It Juz not my luck for the 1st ivf. So now while waiting for November cycle... Juz prepare my body...
I hope so . Its ok... Dont be disheartened by the result for ur 1st cycle/i wish u all the best for ur november cycle :) insyaallah all will be good @Daniz

Salam ladies,
ive started on my folic pill n purogen jabs. Just wondering if any of u get like migrains and diarrea...? Can i eat like panadol to stop the headache... ?

Salam ladies,
ive started on my folic pill n purogen jabs. Just wondering if any of u get like migrains and diarrea...? Can i eat like panadol to stop the headache... ?
I don have any of the symptoms previous jab... But it be better to check ur nurse.

Back