IVF/ICSI Support Group

I can totally understand you. No matter how well prepared we are, we just can't seem to control our emotions when it fails.
Keep moving forward, I always say. When my first hubby passed away, my baby wasn't even born yet. I scream my hearts out as the pain was unbearable. My second ivf failed this morning and I thought I can contain myself but I still cry. My ivf journey is done. I can't seem to find the strength to go on. It's just so draining.

As I read your post, I had tears in my eyes. What ordeals you have to go through! :-( I hope you will be blessed with a child soon.. maybe naturally. Stay strong. *hugs*

Hi, my 2nd fresh jus failed and no embryos to freeze due to poor quality, the embryoist tried to comfort me but jus feel sad and hopeless.
Hubby wanted baby badly too but I told him I had hit my limit and told him I can't do it again... Feel lost and donno wat next steps to do... No mood at all Liao... To me is a very painful and stressful journey...

Hi @Eggscatcher, Sorry to hear about your failed cycle. I'm a poor responder & my egg quality is poor too on my first fresh ivf. Only 1 out of 5 eggs managed to fertilized. Obviously that cycle failed. I felt so disheartened that I have no courage to carry on for my 2nd cycle.
But I guess time heals & I'm back to ivf again 7 months later. My hubby loves kids very much plus there is 3 times govt subsidy so I thought why not try again making use of the subsidy.
Anyway we got nothing to lose with the subsidy. Was prepared if all 3 times failed then we will just 认命. I was lucky enough and manage to conceive on my 2nd fresh.
During the 7 months break in between, I tried accupunture, ate supplements that has mentioned in this forum, egg whites, avoid spicy & cold food & drinks, etc.

No doubt it's a very painful & stressful journey for you & all of us in this forum too. Give yourself a good break. Who knows you might have the courage to try for the next round? Jia you & big hugs to you!

@jenlam15
Thanks for the kind words. I'm gonna take this long weekend with lots of food and movies with family. It has been a roller coaster of emotions with the ivf journey.

@Furries sorry to hear that. Really admires your positiveness throughout the process. You are one selfless & strong lady. Yap go enjoy & pamper yourself. Have a good long weekend ya! Jia you!

I can totally understand you. No matter how well prepared we are, we just can't seem to control our emotions when it fails.
Keep moving forward, I always say. When my first hubby passed away, my baby wasn't even born yet. I scream my hearts out as the pain was unbearable. My second ivf failed this morning and I thought I can contain myself but I still cry. My ivf journey is done. I can't seem to find the strength to go on. It's just so draining.
@Furries you are really a v strong women. Whatever it is, I'm still sending you a zillion hugs. Rest well...

My af came punctually after spotting for 9days following a pelvic laparoscopy. Flow is heavier than usual .. Waiting to do fet once recovered. Is natural or medicated fet better? Usually when do we start taking Med for medicated fet or when to start testing opk for natural fet?

Thanks @DawnBB i will do the confinement. Ya have not been consuming seafood, so far my wound is healing well just that the belly button is in a mess hahahhaha. They do laparoscopy so had to cut my belly button.
Big hugs. My belly button area was blue blacked for about 10days before it recovered. Wound has healed to merely a slit. Take good care and may your nxt journey be a smooth and successful one

Ya la, we are from the 2013 batch. Our little ones are now in their Terrible Twos!

lol.. yesh! mine love to roll on the floor and protest kaay. btw, during your 2WW, did you bedrest the whole time? Cos now quite difficult with the little one around, especially when she wants me to carry her.

Hi, my 2nd fresh jus failed and no embryos to freeze due to poor quality, the embryoist tried to comfort me but jus feel sad and hopeless.
Hubby wanted baby badly too but I told him I had hit my limit and told him I can't do it again... Feel lost and donno wat next steps to do... No mood at all Liao... To me is a very painful and stressful journey...

*big hugs* Take a few months off first before deciding on the next step. Your emotions are still very raw. We will get stronger with each fall back. If you need a listening ear, we are all here for you.

Hello ladies.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, they say.

Well, I'm fat. I'm a lady. And I sang this morning.... It's over!!! AF came unexpectedly this morning. Urgh...

Ok. Jokes aside, my ivf cycle failed. As prepared as I am, I cried. I resigned to fate. Maybe it's for the best.

i was rooting for you :(
All the tears we shed for things that are not within our control. Will our prayers be answered?
Chin up, Furries... you are a really strong woman! *mega hugs*

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Been trying for 6 long years and been through 1 IUI, 1 Fresh, 4 Frozen cycle and months and months of clomic cycle, all unsuccessful.
After my 2nd Embryo retrieval, Doc found I have PCOS which make natural conception even harder. LH is in a mess and unable to track my ovulation period using the test kit. So looks like continuing IVF is my only hope. As all my previous cycles are done overseas so now I would like to try my next IVF in Singapore instead, so any good Doc to recommend?

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Been trying for 6 long years and been through 1 IUI, 1 Fresh, 4 Frozen cycle and months and months of clomic cycle, all unsuccessful.
After my 2nd Embryo retrieval, Doc found I have PCOS which make natural conception even harder. LH is in a mess and unable to track my ovulation period using the test kit. So looks like continuing IVF is my only hope. As all my previous cycles are done overseas so now I would like to try my next IVF in Singapore instead, so any good Doc to recommend?

Big hugs to you. I tried for 6.5 years too. I like your spirit of not giving up! Jiayou! Hope is all we have and we should hang on to it and remain positive and believe it WILL happen. I have stage 4 endo since I was 19 and adeno and thought it's not possible for me to get pregnant after all the years but I bfp via FET. So don't ever lose hope!

Are you entitled for the co-funding? If yes, there are several good Dr at govt hospitals too.

The popular Drs are :

Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof Wong - NUH
Dr SF Loh - TFC

I did mine under Dr Sheila Loh at RH and highly recommend her too.

Big hugs to you. I tried for 6.5 years too. I like your spirit of not giving up! Jiayou! Hope is all we have and we should hang on to it and remain positive and believe it WILL happen. I have stage 4 endo since I was 19 and adeno and thought it's not possible for me to get pregnant after all the years but I bfp via FET. So don't ever lose hope!

Are you entitled for the co-funding? If yes, there are several good Dr at govt hospitals too.

The popular Drs are :

Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof Wong - NUH
Dr SF Loh - TFC

Many thanks, btw roughly how much is the IVF cost here? I am a Singaporean and hubby a PR, hence I think the Gov grant given to us will be reduced.
Today is just my cycle day 9 and I suddenly ovulated way before the expected date.
Will call KKIVF to arrange for an appointment when my af is here

The popular Drs are :

Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof Wong - NUH
Dr SF Loh - TFC

You can consider Dr Yeong CT from tow Yung clinic too . Caring, patient, meticulous and smart. I think his success rate is quite high too since I saw someone calling him god in another forum.. Anyway I BFP first time ivf under him! So I have all the good things to say about him .. Haha but honestly he is very meticulous in tweaking your medications and scans...I guess it comes with experience .. My hubby is very impressed with him too.. Coz we spent a lot previously already on rounds of failed ivf. All up, we spent more than 100k already before seeing him.. So very lucky to succeed first time with him!

Many thanks, btw roughly how much is the IVF cost here? I am a Singaporean and hubby a PR, hence I think the Gov grant given to us will be reduced.
Today is just my cycle day 9 and I suddenly ovulated way before the expected date.

I'm not sure but I think should be about $11k to 20+k depending on hospital plus protocols.

Hi Ladies,
I have the following extra meds to give:

-2 unopen boxes of Estradiol (each box 6 patches)
- Blackmores conceive well gold 1 week supply (TAKEN)
-Prognova 107 tablets
-Utrogeston x 12

Please PM me for details.

Thanks

Ok adding to my stash to give for free:

Duphaston 64 tablets
Folic acid from KKH pharmacy 90 tablets.

PLease PM me for details.

thanks

Hi all, just to recap a bit. I had my 2 embryos transferred on the 31st Dec and scheduled blood test on the 15th Jan. Spotting on the 10 and 11th day but Hcg results wasn't very good. First hcg level at 42 then 60 followed by 200 plus. Did scan but couldn't find anything inside, suspected it to be ectopic so doctor scheduled for a detailed scan to determine before further actions to be taken. The scan supposed to be last Saturday but i had a severe pain on the left side of the womb followed by stomach and gastric on Friday and went to O&G. Apparently there was internal bleeding and quite a lot inside, still womb showed nothing. Doctor suggested taking out the ruptured embryo/s if need be to remove the affected tube. But end up it was the cyst that had ruptured inside the left side of the ovary that caused the internal bleeding. Nothing was removed. Was discharged on Sunday and went back on Monday for another blood test and my hcg level dropped but not an optimal drop. So doctor suggested i come back today for further blood test to see if it drops and if not, MX jab will be given. So.......it didn't dropped but it also didn't rise up a lot, so MX jab was administer to me.

Well, it was a roller coaster ride for me but the one that worried the most was my husband.

The next IVF i will be schedule for will be another 3 months time. So i guess i will come back here again by then.

I'm really glad to have this forum here for me as a form of channel for me to read and learn and seek encouragment from. I wish the best for those in their 2ww.

Oh yeah, anything i need to take note of during this period? (eg: food, drinks, exercise?)

Many hugs and kisses to you

Asking help from all sisters who had done ET be it fresh or natural/ medicated FET, I'm sure most of us struggle to decide to transfer either 1 or 2.

Hence I'm not sure whether we can share our experience and collect some data here for fellow sisters to have a guide.

Can anyone who BFP or BFN, share how many embryos you transferred and whether it's s singleton/ twin preg in cases of BFP?

Maybe I can start first..

First fresh: transferred 2 blastocysts... BFN
Second fresh: transferred 1 day 4 morula... BFN
Third medicated FET: yet to decide how many to transfer

I would suggest two. It's not easy to BFP for many of us and infact I put 3 few times n none stick. So if U are not afraid of twin pregnancy just put 2 for higher chance rather than slowly put one by one. Unless U have history of your first one stuck on first ivf try maybe your embryo is of good quality then the choice of putting one.

Asking help from all sisters who had done ET be it fresh or natural/ medicated FET, I'm sure most of us struggle to decide to transfer either 1 or 2.

Hence I'm not sure whether we can share our experience and collect some data here for fellow sisters to have a guide.

Can anyone who BFP or BFN, share how many embryos you transferred and whether it's s singleton/ twin preg in cases of BFP?

Dear, I believe there are a few important factors to be considered as well, such as quality of embryo/blastocysts, age, lining, any left to freeze, reason for infertility and maybe others I haven't thought of. What would be your main concern? Multi pregnancy risks? That usually is the doc concern. Whereas for us I believe it's more about the success rate of implantation. My doc shared that chances for one or two transfers is about the same, maybe 3-4% higher for two. Read up on risks before I decided to go for two, considering my build and age is ok for carrying multiples. Nothing left to freeze as I didn't respond well to stims.

First fresh I trsf two blastocyst, good quality, now 4dp5dt in the 2ww

I posted this question just a few days back as I was struggling as well. It's a really tough decision but you're not alone! All the best!

Hi hope4miracle, I'm Singaporean and hubby is PR. we did our 1st fresh cycle in KKH. the Gov grant is 55% cap at $4600. our bill was abt 10k.. except for the 1st consultation and bloodworks paid in cash, everything else was covered by medisave. Hope this helps!

From my experience, definitely will go for transferring 2 to increase the chances of conceiving. Of coz have to depends on your eggs quality, your age, lining, & others medical factors, etc.

1. First fresh: transferred 1 as it's the only 1 fertilized out of the 5 eggs at day 2... BFN

2. 2nd fresh: managed to transfer 2 out of the 5 eggs, managed to freeze 2 & the other one couldn't make it to the fertilized part.... BFP with a singleton.

3. First medicated FET: Thaw the 2 frozen embies. 1 died another 1 managed to cultivate into a day 5 blastocyst.... So get to transfer 1... BFN

Hi dreams come true, can totally understand your dilemma. it's the same struggle we face. Discuss with your hubby and see what you both are comfortable with.
in my case,
1st fresh - transferred 2 D2 embryos - BFP with singleton
2nd FET natural - cancelled due to lining issue
3rd FET medicated - cancelled due to lining issue
4th FET natural - transferred 2 D2 embryos - in 2WW

we initially wanted to transfer just one embryo after weighting the pros and cons.. but after 2 cancelled FET, we decided to go with 2 embryos and increased the odds of a BFP.

From my experience, definitely will go for transferring 2 to increase the chances of conceiving. Of coz have to depends on your eggs quality, your age, lining, & others medical factors, etc.

1. First fresh: transferred 1 as it's the only 1 fertilized out of the 5 eggs at day 2... BFN

2. 2nd fresh: managed to transfer 2 out of the 5 eggs, managed to freeze 2 & the other one couldn't make it to the fertilized part.... BFP with a singleton.

3. First medicated FET: Thaw the 2 frozen embies. 1 died another 1 managed to cultivate into a day 5 blastocyst.... So get to transfer 1... BFN

Hi going circles , was it an option to cultivate to blast? in my case, we thawed and transferred two D2 embies. Are you going for another FET soon?

I would suggest two. It's not easy to BFP for many of us and infact I put 3 few times n none stick. So if U are not afraid of twin pregnancy just put 2 for higher chance rather than slowly put one by one. Unless U have history of your first one stuck on first ivf try maybe your embryo is of good quality then the choice of putting one.
U put 2 for all 3x?

Dear, I believe there are a few important factors to be considered as well, such as quality of embryo/blastocysts, age, lining, any left to freeze, reason for infertility and maybe others I haven't thought of. What would be your main concern? Multi pregnancy risks? That usually is the doc concern. Whereas for us I believe it's more about the success rate of implantation. My doc shared that chances for one or two transfers is about the same, maybe 3-4% higher for two. Read up on risks before I decided to go for two, considering my build and age is ok for carrying multiples. Nothing left to freeze as I didn't respond well to stims.

First fresh I trsf two blastocyst, good quality, now 4dp5dt in the 2ww

I posted this question just a few days back as I was struggling as well. It's a really tough decision but you're not alone! All the best!
My main concern is not abt twins. In fact will be happy if get twins!
My main concern is I scared BFN again then waste my precious embryos.. :(( was quite sad when I BFN even when transferred 2 blastocysts for the 1st cycle. I presumed it's the best 2 embryos they chose...

The other concern is, I'm left with 1 frozen from 1st cycle (freezing fees expiring April 2016) and 2 from 2nd cycle (expiry sept 2016). So if transfer 2 this round means they will thaw the 2 from 2nd cycle... Then I'll have to pay almost 1k for renewing the freezing fees for that 1 embryo... I know money shouldn't be the main concern but still.. 1k is alot of money to me..

That's why in dilemma now...

Hi going circles , was it an option to cultivate to blast? in my case, we thawed and transferred two D2 embies. Are you going for another FET soon?

Hi @lilcookiedough, I'm not too sure on this but I guess it's optional. During my 2nd fresh, they told me I got 2 embies looking good & will continue to see if they grow. I only got to confirmed I got 2 to freeze when I went for my BT. So I guess they are already in blastocyst stage when they freezed them.

Of coz, blastocyst got a higher chance to implant & get pregnant but that doesn't mean a D2 embie is not good. Some D2 embies grow very well inside the womb instead of being cultivated externally. Again, have to depends on your egg quality and quantity too. If your eggs quality not very good, they might not be able to reach the blastocyst stage, if you have many fertilized eggs, maybe you can choose to cultivate a few first to see how they grow. Perhaps, you wanna check with your fertility doc on this?

I wish to seek advice from anyone here who is diagnosed with unexplained infertility and managed to bfp.

I'm going ahead for my 1st fresh after cny and feeling abit concerned about it. My gynae told me that we can go ahead with natural ivf. As my hb had no issues, she did mention that if it doesn't succeed, it could likely be because of my egg quality issues. I was wondering, if it is implantation issues, would there be a way to find out?

My main concern is not abt twins. In fact will be happy if get twins!
My main concern is I scared BFN again then waste my precious embryos.. :(( was quite sad when I BFN even when transferred 2 blastocysts for the 1st cycle. I presumed it's the best 2 embryos they chose...

The other concern is, I'm left with 1 frozen from 1st cycle (freezing fees expiring April 2016) and 2 from 2nd cycle (expiry sept 2016). So if transfer 2 this round means they will thaw the 2 from 2nd cycle... Then I'll have to pay almost 1k for renewing the freezing fees for that 1 embryo... I know money shouldn't be the main concern but still.. 1k is alot of money to me..

That's why in dilemma now...

Understand I guess between the two major concerns you have you gotta consider which comes first. What are you leaning towards?

I wish to seek advice from anyone here who is diagnosed with unexplained infertility and managed to bfp.

I'm going ahead for my 1st fresh after cny and feeling abit concerned about it. My gynae told me that we can go ahead with natural ivf. As my hb had no issues, she did mention that if it doesn't succeed, it could likely be because of my egg quality issues. I was wondering, if it is implantation issues, would there be a way to find out?

When an embryo do not implant it is most likely a chromosome issue with the embryo rather than implantation problem. there are also cases of inplantatio failure because of womb issue but rarely so. A good quality embryo will be able to implant and move on to a successful pregnancy. A chromosome abnormal embryo will not be able to proceed to blasto stage or even if they reach blasto they are not able to hatch out n inplant. Some even can implant but lead to chemical or miscarriage.

A chromosome normal embryo cannot be seen by naked eyes. Embryologist chose the embryo based on their outlook and without pgd testing they are not able to know if the embryo is normal which is why some good grading embryo still result bfn.

We are born with the numbers of eggs and as we age it is a fact that most our eggs are chromosome abnormal. However in the pool of bad eggs there are good ones too. Sadly not many can have the financial or mental to keep trying. Ivf is a number game so not all succeed on first try and some girls only succeed after few tries. A dr can only do so much to help U but they cannot help with the egg quality. They can only adjust the med to improve it slightly.

@Bunny33 thanks for the detailed insight about this. Now it does make sense when they say it is 70% egg, 20% sperm and 10% implantation.

When an embryo do not implant it is most likely a chromosome issue with the embryo rather than implantation problem. there are also cases of inplantatio failure because of womb issue but rarely so. A good quality embryo will be able to implant and move on to a successful pregnancy. A chromosome abnormal embryo will not be able to proceed to blasto stage or even if they reach blasto they are not able to hatch out n inplant. Some even can implant but lead to chemical or miscarriage.

A chromosome normal embryo cannot be seen by naked eyes. Embryologist chose the embryo based on their outlook and without pgd testing they are not able to know if the embryo is normal which is why some good grading embryo still result bfn.

We are born with the numbers of eggs and as we age it is a fact that most our eggs are chromosome abnormal. However in the pool of bad eggs there are good ones too. Sadly not many can have the financial or mental to keep trying. Ivf is a number game so not all succeed on first try and some girls only succeed after few tries. A dr can only do so much to help U but they cannot help with the egg quality. They can only adjust the med to improve it slightly.

When I did the 2nd fresh ivf, Sgh doctor suggested I try the blastgen which is a type of medium for the eggs n sperm to fertilize. Not a medication to be eaten. It was relatively new still for Singapore last nov. It is supposed to help in implantation. I got bfp. I believe amongst other reasons (like yoga n healthy lifestyles) this blastgen is another factor for bfp.

You can try to ask if your ivf centre uses this new product.

When I did the 2nd fresh ivf, Sgh doctor suggested I try the blastgen which is a type of medium for the eggs n sperm to fertilize. Not a medication to be eaten. It was relatively new still for Singapore last nov. It is supposed to help in implantation. I got bfp. I believe amongst other reasons (like yoga n healthy lifestyles) this blastgen is another factor for bfp.

How much did u pay for this blastgen ?

I did endo scratch on Friday and my menses arrived yesterday afternoon. Coming wed will be d4. Anyone know if I still stand any chance to proceed fresh ivf?

@kitty16 who is your gynae in sgh? I'm also with sgh.

When will the blastgen be used? And how is it used?

My doctor is dr Yu. If I'm not wrong, embrogen is the medium for the eggs n Sperm to fertilize and grow. (From extraction till transfer) this time they asked if I would like to try blastgen which is relatively new and maybe still under trial (I can't remember exactly) . (can google to find out more) blastgen is supposed to improve the 'communication' between the embro and the mother/womb, and improve chances of implantation. I can't remember how much more I paid. I'll go dig up the bill. If I remember correctly (I can't be sure) they use both embrogen and blastgen. So I'm guessing the embryos were transferred from one medium to the other.

Hi ttc77,

I've been with Dr Lc Foong since 2013 and did my first ivf with him mid last year. He is very reassuring, kind and is someone whom I feel genuinely cares for his patients. He is patient in answering questions and very experienced - I'm glad that he makes all the tough decisions for me! I did a freeze-all single blast transfer under his advice. I was disappointed at not being able to do a fresh transfer but it all turned out for the best in the end. I understand that his preference is for d5 transfers and the lab only freezes blastocysts with decent grades.

I also really appreciate how Dr Foong does personal calls to inform us on blood test/monitoring results - not just at the end of 2ww but throughout the ivf process. His clinic is streaming with patients and this is something he can easily delegate to the nurses but yet he takes it upon himself to do it. He's the only RE I've seen so I've no basis for comparison but I'm very comfortable with him so far. But I agree with the sisters here, ultimately it depends on chemistry and 'yuan'. It's important to find someone you trust and respect given that we are investing so much $$ and emotions on this journey.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info. Still hoping for the best for your BT and maybe you might not need a 2nd opinion after all! Take care.
Hi lynelyn, i am planning to have SO-IUI with dr. LC Foong after having my menses come in two/ three days. Did your ivf succeed and did you do ivf or SO IUI with him?

My doctor is dr Yu. If I'm not wrong, embrogen is the medium for the eggs n Sperm to fertilize and grow. (From extraction till transfer) this time they asked if I would like to try blastgen which is relatively new and maybe still under trial (I can't remember exactly) . (can google to find out more) blastgen is supposed to improve the 'communication' between the embro and the mother/womb, and improve chances of implantation. I can't remember how much more I paid. I'll go dig up the bill. If I remember correctly (I can't be sure) they use both embrogen and blastgen. So I'm guessing the embryos were transferred from one medium to the other.

Is blastgen same as Embryogen? Cos this was quite popular previously. It's like a glue kind of thing that helps with implantation. There is even a youtube explaining it.

@kitty16 maybe if this time doesn't succeed, I can ask Dr Yu about it.

Is it possible to ask how much is blastgen and if you did use embryogen, how much is it too? This means blastgen is being used in the lab while your embroyos are being fertilised? Sorry if my questions sound noob.

Last edited:
@jenlam15
Thanks for the kind words. I'm gonna take this long weekend with lots of food and movies with family. It has been a roller coaster of emotions with the ivf journey.

Hi Furries, i equally feel you. I too failed my first fresh cycle. Cried my heart and eyes out. And moved on with my favourite food and watched lots of movies. But its all for the best. Things always happens for a reason. For me, it seems i had several polyp in my uterus which wasnt detected till egg transfer. So i went for polyp removal in Jan 22. Imagine if i get a BFP with the polyps still inside, i might end up with bad news. Hence its good that i had a chance to remove the polyps.

Dont worry too much, relax yr body and start on the second. Good to keep on trying. We will hit the jackpot soon.

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread and would like to seek some advice regarding ivf procedure. I'm looking at taking up ivf at KKH. Have been recommended THH by someone. How do I go about requesting for him and getting started? The online appointment form seems to suggest I can't request for a specific doc. Grateful if anyone can share your experience and what to expect from here. Many thanks!

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread and would like to seek some advice regarding ivf procedure. I'm looking at taking up ivf at KKH. Have been recommended THH by someone. How do I go about requesting for him and getting started? The online appointment form seems to suggest I can't request for a specific doc. Grateful if anyone can share your experience and what to expect from here. Many thanks!
Are u on subsidy? If u want to under Thh can call kkh say u wan to convert to private patient..

Hi all..im a newbie here...im Indonesian and im planning to go with ivf too..we did checked to several doctors in jakarta and tried to concieve naturally but i still dont get pregnant..hubby got hormonal problems so the sperm count is pretty low...i did research about ivf in penang and the cost is much cheaper than ivf in sing but we both are not familiar with penang..i also sent an email to the doctor in penang..he said i should go under ivf program due to the hubby sperm and hormonal problem..So, sisters..which hospital should i choose for ivf? My in law suggest us to go to NUH..but i googled KKH is good too and cheaper than NUH...

Back