Oct 2016 baby

That I'm not too sure. My guess is that all their gynaes have long queues so no options for you! My friend's sister goes to another gynae at NUH and waited till 10 weeks pregnancy for her first appointment.

congrats lalaa! I just tested positive today too! its my #2. glad to meet oct 2016 mamas here. should there is any FB group or WA pls add me. I will pm email add and phone number. admin pls come to me :)

Hello all!! I'm just slightly more than 5 weeks, just confirmed with the gynae.
Quite paranoid as I had a chemical a couple of months back.

Nice meeting everyone!

Thought of going to NUH for delivery. But when i called up NUH for gynae appointment. The earliest gynae appointment i was given was in late March :( The officer said i could go & see 'outside gynae' then take my results back to NUH gynae. I notice Dr TM Chua is a NUH gynae & has her own clinic outside. Does it mean i can see her at her clinic then take my results to NUH & let her continue from there? I don't quite understand how NUH system works. Appreciate advice if anyone knows. Thanks!

I called NUH i think about 2 days ago. My schedule is on the 22nd of Feb under Prof Biswas. But my hub is traveling so we might go to another gynae for the prelim check up

any mommies got recommendation on the gynae? I was with L* S*M in TMC, but looking for other option :) She was actually very professional, just that she was not a very "motherly" type. there was very little info for me last time :( i am thinking to go back to her again but at the same time as well looking for other option.

@musicgenie u can wear normal clothes until it can not fit into you :D for my #1 i was wearing normal clothes until my 5 months pregnant lol

Congrats everyone here! I hvnt test yet.my period is already 1 week day.LMP is 30dec.
Plan to test tmr or fri as hub wanna to see the result together.My#2 if i m pregnant.
Just curious for those who test + do u get maternity clothing for cny or just wear normal 1st?
Babydust please add me for the secret fb thanks
I am still wearing my office wear and heels! It's still so early that I don't intend to let my colleagues or relatives know till 12 weeks. I pantang .

llie...m in same situation as u..we are very nervous this time.. hope its going to be a smooth pregnancy..scared to go toilet also..haha

any mommies got recommendation on the gynae? I was with L* S*M in TMC, but looking for other option :) She was actually very professional, just that she was not a very "motherly" type. there was very little info for me last time :( i am thinking to go back to her again but at the same time as well looking for other option.

@musicgenie u can wear normal clothes until it can not fit into you :D for my #1 i was wearing normal clothes until my 5 months pregnant lol
Julichrist,
For my #1 i start to wear as early as week 6 7 ...cos feel a bit "suan" when i wear too tight pant etc
Was thinking maternity clothing can wear as early as possible as can only wear a while.
However i m pantang worry about relative know once i wear.
Hopefully my new year clothning not too tight.

Qitt123
Week 4 can already see gynae? U tested + b4 ur period come?[/QUOTE]

I tested a day before my period as i had strong feeling and excited to know as we were planning. The blue cross were very dark when i tested it.

Went to meet up with Dr Han from TPS the day after. He did a scan and we saw our lil bud on the screen.. =)

I called NUH i think about 2 days ago. My schedule is on the 22nd of Feb under Prof Biswas. But my hub is traveling so we might go to another gynae for the prelim check up

You will visit another gynae from NUH? According to the NUH officers, all the female gynaes are fully booked till mid Mar except for 1 which I'm not comfortable to see her. Hence, I choose to wait. Meanwhile, I have to see another gynae fr another hospital.

Monday just see gynae, I'm week 5. Still can't heard the heartbeat, got to go bk to gynae another 2 weeks time.
I feel a bit tight when I wear office wear.....

Monday just see gynae, I'm week 5. Still can't heard the heartbeat, got to go bk to gynae another 2 weeks time.
I feel a bit tight when I wear office wear.....
Hmmm i read online sometime ppl claim it slow development better wait a while instead of doing anything.
If tight better wear something comfortable it will feel pain.I cant decide to wear maternity or notmal cloth(tight) for cny

Hi All,

Just found out positive recently thru home kit. I'm having mixed feelings as this is my second, while the first is 4 months only.
Have'nt really been to the gynae. Still contemplating if i should go private or subsidized. Previously, I was under subsidized with KKH.
Had some bad experience. Or maybe I should try going to NUH this time round?

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just found out positive recently thru home kit. I'm having mixed feelings as this is my second, while the first is 4 months only.
Have'nt really been to the gynae. Still contemplating if i should go private or subsidized. Previously, I was under subsidized with KKH.

Congrate to you.

Can you share your bad experience?

Hi All,

Hello, if you have bad personal experience with KKH, i suggest you change to another hospital. Pregancy is a big thing, dun go back to the same dr/hopital that will invoke fear/anger/bad memories. It is needless stress you should avoid.

Jia you

Congrate to you.

Can you share your bad experience?
Hi, I was a subsidized patient. And I had bad experience after delivery. Where our baby was detained in the Special Care Nursery.
My hubby got into a heated argument with the senior doctor who refused to released our baby even though he was alright.

Reason: according to the doctor, every baby has to finish 60ml of milk within 15 mins and my baby wasn't able to do that.o_O
They even arranged Speech Therapist to monitor our baby and did a brain scan, which of course involves extra money. To me all this was unnecessary. All babies should finish their feeding, at their own pace. :rolleyes: When we argued to bring back our baby, the doctor asked us if we were having financial problem. I cant even tell where this is coming from.

Hello, if you have bad personal experience with KKH, i suggest you change to another hospital. Pregancy is a big thing, dun go back to the same dr/hopital that will invoke fear/anger/bad memories. It is needless stress you should avoid.

Jia you
Hi! You're right! I'll probably try going to NUH instead.

Hi, I was a subsidized patient. And I had bad experience after delivery. Where our baby was detained in the Special Care Nursery.
My hubby got into a heated argument with the senior doctor who refused to released our baby even though he was alright.

Reason: according to the doctor, every baby has to finish 60ml of milk within 15 mins and my baby wasn't able to do that.o_O
They even arranged Speech Therapist to monitor our baby and did a brain scan, which of course involves extra money. To me all this was unnecessary. All babies should finish their feeding, at their own pace. :rolleyes: When we argued to bring back our baby, the doctor asked us if we were having financial problem. I cant even tell where this is coming from.

Sound abit scary...personally feel diff bb diff pace...they shldnt base on this action to determine.
Yes change whichever u r convenient

Hello,

I am not a doctor so cannot comment much with regards to what is the correct procedure. But i think in the super unlikely event of this happening again. I think your hubby should be asking the doctor "What you prescribe is it something that private patient BB will be given"

I am guessing it has nothing to do with your "subsidies" status.

On a separate note, i stand by my earlier advice to you, please find another doc + hospital and start afresh. There are many good doctor and hospital in SG.

Hello,

I am not a doctor so cannot comment much with regards to what is the correct procedure. But i think in the super unlikely event of this happening again. I think your hubby should be asking the doctor "What you prescribe is it something that private patient BB will be given"

I am guessing it has nothing to do with your "subsidies" status.

On a separate note, i stand by my earlier advice to you, please find another doc + hospital and start afresh. There are many good doctor and hospital in SG.

Yup. I just felt that on my part, if i had gotten a personal gynae, he could've been more professional about the procedure and we wouldnt have to go through such an event. Thanks for the advice, i'll look for other hospital to start afresh. :)

Hello! I just came back from wild rides in Disneyland ;) and tested positive. Should be 4-5 weeks. Awaiting blood test results from gynae tomorrow!

Hi All,

Hi All! And mykloven,

I just tested positive, and my first is 9 mo. So many questions in my head now...can i still babywear, can i still carry my bb who is almost 10kg now...

Have not seen a gynae yet since still early in my pregnancy. The last preg i missed my menses for a mth before test so cld go see gynae straightaway. So not so sure for this cos my last menses is 28 dec 2015. Any advice?

Oscar_Lee

Prof Biswas is my Gyne for #1. Most likely will see him again. Very experience and skillful dr.

I just tested positive today with the clearblue digital and it says 1-2 weeks. I'm so happy but anxious and worried at the same time due to my previous experience. Anyway, congrats everyone!!!

Hi All! And mykloven,

I just tested positive, and my first is 9 mo. So many questions in my head now...can i still babywear, can i still carry my bb who is almost 10kg now...

Have not seen a gynae yet since still early in my pregnancy. The last preg i missed my menses for a mth before test so cld go see gynae straightaway. So not so sure for this cos my last menses is 28 dec 2015. Any advice?

Oscar_Lee
Congrats Oscar! same like u, i also have many question in mind? how's ur first baby? Is he/she clingy? I guess u should make ur way to the gynae already. hehe.

ImageUploadedByForum1454712520.116221.jpg

Got a positive result after I missed my AF for 2 days. Booked appointment to see gynae next week. feel so unreal until I see my gynae then I can put my mind at ease. Keep worrying that it will be blighted ovum. Currently 4 weeks 5 days, hope by next week should be able to see something. :)

This was in KKh? What a nonsense! I would have understand if your baby has jaundice or some condition. But 60ml of milk? wow that's a lot, my bub will take longer than that to nurse and i don't think he was able to drink 60ml

You will visit another gynae from NUH? According to the NUH officers, all the female gynaes are fully booked till mid Mar except for 1 which I'm not comfortable to see her. Hence, I choose to wait. Meanwhile, I have to see another gynae fr another hospital.
I'm not really sure. We might schedule for another gynae somewhere else we will have to wait and see though with thr chinese new year and all coming I don't think there's one available now. I don't want to go to my prev gynae in Sgh nor to Lawrence Ang

hello!! i tested positive last monday with clearblue digital for 2-3wks and i tested again on thurs since i had another kit left over and its 3+... my gynae appt is set on the 16th.. based on my last menses.. my edd is 8th Oct..

Back