IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Pimpim - was your IUI a success? (i suppose you did SO-IUI?)

Hi lavendercupcake

No, my so iui didn't success :(
Now trying naturally for 3 months after reading the "it starts with the egg" book.

I changed most of my plastic containers to stainless steel and glass.
Changed shampoo, dish washes, tooth paste and etc to those without parabeans and phthalate.

Hi Pimpim! You paid all in cash? Can Medisave cover this?

Hi hopefulmoms

I paid by cash. Yes can use medisave but we can only use sgd 15k per lifetime per couple for both iui or ivf.

1st - sgd 6k
2nd - sgd 5k
3rd - sgd 4k

Iui costs around sgd 2k. If you decided to use medisave, you will use up the 1st - sgd 6k chance. Then you left 2nd and 3rd chances for ivf. Ivf costs around sgd 12k to sgd 15k.

If either 1 of you is SPR, you will entitle for govt funding.

For iui, in regardless whether you are under clinic d ( subsidy patient ) or private doc, the iui procedure will be performed by iui doc.

For ivf, if you are under private doc, the private doc will perform the procedure. But ultrasound and doc reviews will not by your private doc. It will be by random docs.

The iui and ivf costs are not under subsidy. Only doc review and tests are under subsidy if you are a subsided patient.

For me, if I gonna to do ivf, i will go fot private doc as the ivf cost is the same..

To be classified as subsided patient, you need to take reference letter from polyclinic and make appointment to see doc at clinic d.

Pimpim, how come I'm under the impression that if either one is SC and not SPR, then you will be entitled to govt funding? Because if both of you are SPR, I don't think you will be entitled.

To clarify, please take a look at this link. https://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/topics/pages/mobile/topicsdetail.aspx?mpageId=209

See the part where it says 'Am I eligible?'

Hi hopefulmoms

I paid by cash. Yes can use medisave but we can only use sgd 15k per lifetime per couple for both iui or ivf.

1st - sgd 6k
2nd - sgd 5k
3rd - sgd 4k

Iui costs around sgd 2k. If you decided to use medisave, you will use up the 1st - sgd 6k chance. Then you left 2nd and 3rd chances for ivf. Ivf costs around sgd 12k to sgd 15k.

If either 1 of you is SPR, you will entitle for govt funding.

For iui, in regardless whether you are under clinic d ( subsidy patient ) or private doc, the iui procedure will be performed by iui doc.

For ivf, if you are under private doc, the private doc will perform the procedure. But ultrasound and doc reviews will not by your private doc. It will be by random docs.

The iui and ivf costs are not under subsidy. Only doc review and tests are under subsidy if you are a subsided patient.

For me, if I gonna to do ivf, i will go fot private doc as the ivf cost is the same..

To be classified as subsided patient, you need to take reference letter from polyclinic and make appointment to see doc at clinic d.

Last edited:
Hi lavendercupcake

No, my so iui didn't success :(
Now trying naturally for 3 months after reading the "it starts with the egg" book.

I changed most of my plastic containers to stainless steel and glass.
Changed shampoo, dish washes, tooth paste and etc to those without parabeans and phthalate.

Wow, that's a great book I assume?
Quite a few friends told me they are reading it!
I have just purchased mine from Amazon and it's gonna arrive by Monday! Can't wait!

Parabeans?

Would you mind to share what are the brands you are using now that are parabeans and phthalate free? :)

Is this a BFP? I'm 5 days late from my AC.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-30-02.20.32.jpg
    PicsArt_01-30-02.20.32.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 166
P3ili. U did iui too? After procedure, 2 weeks later will be scheduled for blood test (Hcg). 3digit number means positive. All the best. :)

P3ili. U did iui too? After procedure, 2 weeks later will be scheduled for blood test (Hcg). 3digit number means positive. All the best. :)

Not every hospital will schedule a BT for hcg, everyone has different protocol. In addition, it doesn't need to be 3 digit to confirm pregnancy. Depends on how far along someone is, the hsg level may vary.

Appreciate if you could check before posting any comment as it may cause unnecessary misunderstanding and anxiousness should someone is not being scheduled for BT and/or her hsg level is not at 3 digit.

Anyone's issue of TCC at on the hubby? We went for a check up n result was that hubby's sperm count is low than the usual.. Anyone able to help me with some recommendation of what to eat or do?

Hi babaleo, can share yr hubby's sperm result here? How much you spent for each IUI cycle?

The queue at Clinic D, KK is ok to me. Although my appointment at 11am, but I normally go there around 9am and able to see the doctor at 9.45am. I am under subsidy. But very lucky everytime seeing either consultant/senior consultant. Mayb they know I have a high chance going to IUI/IVF, so they treat me better. Need more business..hehee...

KK only have SO-IUI and IVF/ICSI. Both of them non-subsidy. So have to pay full price. SO-IUI cost ard S$1.2k and IVF ard S$7k. Somemore, yr gynae may not attend you when doing the SO-IUI, have to see which doctor on duty tat day. Do you know much about SO-IUI? I call KK just now, asking about the medicine that need to take during SO-IUI. I dun want to take clomid, only want injection. But the nurse there said must take clomid + injection, if take only injection will over simulate. Do not make sense. I think I need to call Dr Loh and talk to him.
Hi xinyu. . U are under subsidy? So u see different doctor every time or? My hubby sperm count also low and the quality also lower than normal. .two problems together

Hi hajar

I also dun know .. haha..

I stopped epo, fish oil and q10 last Friday..

Been trying to drink 2 sachets of raspberry tea, around 4 egg whites + 1 egg yolk and drink red bean soup everyday...

The raspberry tea cannot be consumed after ovulation as it might cause contraction.

i ordered my raspberry tea from iherb.
http://sg.iherb.com/Alvita-Teas-Organic-Raspberry-Caffeine-Free-24-Tea-Bags-1-41-oz-40-g/49814
Hi.. u mean fish oil is not good when we are TCC?

@shirley84ger you can get your hb to take megamen (oyster extract) from gnc. For men, they should not wear briefd but instead boxers, no hot baths or saunas but rather cold showers are recommended. Further, you can also let your hb take coq10 as well. Lastly, try to avoid eating preserved or canned food if possible.

Anyone's issue of TCC at on the hubby? We went for a check up n result was that hubby's sperm count is low than the usual.. Anyone able to help me with some recommendation of what to eat or do?

@hajar this may be a reply to an old post but thought it may help.

Firstly, it depends if you are taking clomid. If you do, you have to note that clomid can thin your endometrium lining.

To increase lining thickness, you can drink red bean soup, raspberry leaf tea (only up till ovulation) and/or try acupuncture. It depends on one's body condition to know which will work.

Usually lining thickness should be minimum 8mm to be considered to be sufficiently thick. It can go all the way up till 11mm or even 12mm. However, thickness of 15mm or more is deemed as too thick and may hinder implantation.

Can i knw hw u make ur lining thick? Mine used to measure only 3.5mm....
Baby dust to u..cant wait to start mine off...

@hajar this may be a reply to an old post but thought it may help.

Firstly, it depends if you are taking clomid. If you do, you have to note that clomid can thin your endometrium lining.

To increase lining thickness, you can drink red bean soup, raspberry leaf tea (only up till ovulation) and/or try acupuncture. It depends on one's body condition to know which will work.

Usually lining thickness should be minimum 8mm to be considered to be sufficiently thick. It can go all the way up till 11mm or even 12mm. However, thickness of 15mm or more is deemed as too thick and may hinder implantation.
Thanks for the update info!!!

Your hubby can try eating gelatinized maca root powder. I read that it helps to increase men's sperm count. Women can take it too. I always put one teaspoon to a glass of milk. Taste like oatmeal.

@shirley84ger you can get your hb to take megamen (oyster extract) from gnc. For men, they should not wear briefd but instead boxers, no hot baths or saunas but rather cold showers are recommended. Further, you can also let your hb take coq10 as well. Lastly, try to avoid eating preserved or canned food if possible.
Hi..Ya he is currently taking megamen from gnc. .

Wondering what's the issue of wearing brief? Haha..need to know ..cz he sure ask why

Not every hospital will schedule a BT for hcg, everyone has different protocol. In addition, it doesn't need to be 3 digit to confirm pregnancy. Depends on how far along someone is, the hsg level may vary.

Appreciate if you could check before posting any comment as it may cause unnecessary misunderstanding and anxiousness should someone is not being scheduled for BT and/or her hsg level is not at 3 digit.

I did 1st IUI in Oct last yr but unsuccessful. Has plans to start 2nd IUI cycle in Feb after a 3 mths break as I was on holiday and busy during year end period. So it was conceived naturally.

Past 2 weeks, I feel very weak, tired, giddy, upper abdominal pain and nausea, which is some of the symptoms of pregnancy. So out of curiously, I use the hpk last night to find out. I can't believe myself when I tested positive on the hpk! I tested another 2 times and all positive.

This morning I immediately call SGH O&G up to arrange for 1st prenatal checkup with Dr Yu but I was told that she's focusing on assisted reproduction only, not doing prenatal anymore. Hence, another female senior consultant, Dr Yong was arranged for me on 29 Feb.

My TCM doc confirmed I'm pregnant this morning, but I can't wait until 29th Feb to confirm my pregnancy thru ultra sound. So I have fixed an appt with a private gyna on coming Wed. Finger crossing!

@p3ili congrats!! Rest well during this cny holiday.

I would like to check, that means dr yong is able to be your gynae during your pregnancy? I'm also with Dr Yu so I know she is not able to deliver anymore.

I did 1st IUI in Oct last yr but unsuccessful. Has plans to start 2nd IUI cycle in Feb after a 3 mths break as I was on holiday and busy during year end period. So it was conceived naturally.

Past 2 weeks, I feel very weak, tired, giddy, upper abdominal pain and nausea, which is some of the symptoms of pregnancy. So out of curiously, I use the hpk last night to find out. I can't believe myself when I tested positive on the hpk! I tested another 2 times and all positive.

This morning I immediately call SGH O&G up to arrange for 1st prenatal checkup with Dr Yu but I was told that she's focusing on assisted reproduction only, not doing prenatal anymore. Hence, another female senior consultant, Dr Yong was arranged for me on 29 Feb.

My TCM doc confirmed I'm pregnant this morning, but I can't wait until 29th Feb to confirm my pregnancy thru ultra sound. So I have fixed an appt with a private gyna on coming Wed. Finger crossing!

@p3ili congrats!! Rest well during this cny holiday.

I would like to check, that means dr yong is able to be your gynae during your pregnancy? I'm also with Dr Yu so I know she is not able to deliver anymore.

@graceakaclouds thanks!
Yes, I'm assigned to Dr Yong Tze Tien. But I need to check the prenatal & delivery rates between govt and private gynae. My private gynae is my MIL's ex-lady boss son so will charge me discounted rate.

Wow, that's a great book I assume?
Quite a few friends told me they are reading it!
I have just purchased mine from Amazon and it's gonna arrive by Monday! Can't wait!

Parabeans?

Would you mind to share what are the brands you are using now that are parabeans and phthalate free? :)

Hi tinklebbdust,

aiseh, wrong spelling again -_-", it is parabens.

i bought from iherb :)
so far so good ...

http://sg.iherb.com/tr/cb?pcodes=TH...64_KMF-83930_VGW-71469_ATT-10180&rcode=HKT574

Did dey advise for BD after iui for maximise the chance of getting pregnant?

Hi hajar,

The nurse advised to BD the night on the IUI day to increase the chance.
I didn't have any pain after the IUI procedure but I had bad cramp after the trigger jab.

Hi hajar,

The nurse advised to BD the night on the IUI day to increase the chance.
I didn't have any pain after the IUI procedure but I had bad cramp after the trigger jab.
BD on the night?! Erm...wun it be painful as some do experience pain during procedure...have yet to go thru mine then i shall give all my input here...be strong all ladies here...

BD on the night?! Erm...wun it be painful as some do experience pain during procedure...have yet to go thru mine then i shall give all my input here...be strong all ladies here...

Yeah, that what the nurse told me.. my iui procedure was smooth.. not painful..

Ah ic... what is the root problem for your case?
Unexplained fertility despite 1st pregnancy was normal and not on any medication what so ever to help out with the pregnancy...so kinda devastating when thereafyer need medications and now need more help to get pregnant! But just lucky there is such thing as assisted help ..or else dun knw what to say...

@hajar you might want to consider looking at improving your egg quality as it is also a possible cause for unexplained infertility.

Unexplained fertility despite 1st pregnancy was normal and not on any medication what so ever to help out with the pregnancy...so kinda devastating when thereafyer need medications and now need more help to get pregnant! But just lucky there is such thing as assisted help ..or else dun knw what to say...

Oh ok.. Me too had a miscarriage at 20 weeks 3 years ago. Been trying ever since but no luck. Now I'm waiting for my AF to come to start on Letrozole for IUI. Maybe around after CNY will do the procedure.. When's yours?

Oh ok.. Me too had a miscarriage at 20 weeks 3 years ago. Been trying ever since but no luck. Now I'm waiting for my AF to come to start on Letrozole for IUI. Maybe around after CNY will do the procedure.. When's yours?
Ive taken letrozole for 3mths no effect..thats y i resort to So-iui.15february onwards...

Letrozole and naturaly..urs? Started iui?
I was on Clomid for 3 cycles but no luck. Was supposed to do IUI last year Oct but I postponed it to this month due to work commitment. Last few months we tried naturally but still BFN.
My menses is irregular. Comes every 3-4 months or sometimes won't come for 6 months. CRAZY! So now doctor told me to try IUI with Letrozole. They gave me dydrogesterone to induce my menses cos my menses havent come for 3 months+
Once menses come on 2nd day need to call them collect Letrozole and take it for 5 days. After day 5 will check the follicle sizes. If all ok, they will give me the trigger shot. *CROSS FINGERS* Otherwise, I have to restart the procedure but with jabs instead. Leceh.. In Shaa Allah rezeki kita tahun ni.

I had my 1st ultra sound scan 2 days ago with private gynae. It's a sac with heart beat developing in my uterus. This is my 1st pregnancy, I haven't been sleeping well since I've tested +ve on last fri night, coz i keep worry whether will it be an etopic pregnancy. But now finally I can have my peace of mind.

Just something to share with u all, I have been TTC for 3 years.
I start to take royal bee pills (daily until ovulation) and drink the tea that I've boiled weekly using seedless red dates, dried longans, wolf berries and natural black sugar in July'15. I started drinking raspberry tea leaves 2-3 times weekly until a week aft my ovulation since Oct '15. For past 2 years, DH has been taking supplement eg CoQ10, saw palmetto & nettle root, siberian ginseng & ginkgo biloba daily.

My DH was a social smoker, smoking 3-4 sticks daily until I managed to convince him to quit smoking in early Dec'15 and I conceived just last mth. Coincidentally, last year, his male colleague quit smoking and his wife become pregnant almost immediately.
So I think that smoking will play a major factor for those who r TTC, if your DH is a smoker please ask him to quit for the sake of the BB.

BB dust to all! Don't give up!

Hi i have been planning for SO- IUI on my next cycle if my thyroid is ok with Dr. LC FOONG. Its my first time so bit afraid. Are anyone is in same plan now? Would love to have some enperince and encouragement. And how about LC Foong?
Tia

I had my 1st ultra sound scan 2 days ago with private gynae. It's a sac with heart beat developing in my uterus. This is my 1st pregnancy, I haven't been sleeping well since I've tested +ve on last fri night, coz i keep worry whether will it be an etopic pregnancy. But now finally I can have my peace of mind.

Just something to share with u all, I have been TTC for 3 years.
I start to take royal bee pills (daily until ovulation) and drink the tea that I've boiled weekly using seedless red dates, dried longans, wolf berries and natural black sugar in July'15. I started drinking raspberry tea leaves 2-3 times weekly until a week aft my ovulation since Oct '15. For past 2 years, DH has been taking supplement eg CoQ10, saw palmetto & nettle root, siberian ginseng & ginkgo biloba daily.

My DH was a social smoker, smoking 3-4 sticks daily until I managed to convince him to quit smoking in early Dec'15 and I conceived just last mth. Coincidentally, last year, his male colleague quit smoking and his wife become pregnant almost immediately.
So I think that smoking will play a major factor for those who r TTC, if your DH is a smoker please ask him to quit for the sake of the BB.

BB dust to all! Don't give up!

Congrats p3ili

Do u drink the red dates tea daily ?

Hi i have been planning for SO- IUI on my next cycle if my thyroid is ok with Dr. LC FOONG. Its my first time so bit afraid. Are anyone is in same plan now? Would love to have some enperince and encouragement. And how about LC Foong?
Tia

Hi Rabeya, how long have you been seeing Dr Foong? I've done 3 IUI with him but all ended in BFN. Did he recommend SO-IUI for you?

Back