Do not know how to read, but he can recognise the words

Hi,
Any parents face such issue or any suggestions?
My son does not know how to read, but when i gives him spelling, he can recognise which words i am referring.

Hi,
Any parents face such issue or any suggestions?
My son does not know how to read, but when i gives him spelling, he can recognise which words i am referring.

Hello WonderNwonder, how old is your son? It's wonderful that he has good recognition!

For reading, you can try to teach him phonics and how to pronounce using flash cards. Or use DVDs to help you! It'll really help your child to pick up the language. I would recommend using Wink to Learn, they won Mother & Baby awards for educational DVDs.

Good luck dear!

Hi kgal,
He is already 7 years old now and he is lazy to read at all the instructions which consists of words.

Currently he is attending phonics and has improved, but still not up to the standard.

Do you have any other alternatives?

Hi kgal,
He is already 7 years old now and he is lazy to read at all the instructions which consists of words.

Currently he is attending phonics and has improved, but still not up to the standard.

Do you have any other alternatives?

Hi WonderNwonder,
You might want to give him books that he would be interested in. Books with superheroes might help garner more interest!
You could try apps and games as well that help him have fun while learning to read>> http://computer.howstuffworks.com/tablets/10-ipad-apps-for-teaching-kids-to-read.htm#page=0

These mummies here on Circle of Moms shared their experiences that is pretty similar to yours you might want to check it out >> http://www.circleofmoms.com/back-to...ble-reading-and-does-not-want-to-learn-449081

Hope this helps!

Hi wonderNwonder, my friend's child has learning and speech problems too. She sent her child for brainwave training which she finds helpful.

Hi wonderNwonder, my son also has difficulty reading and we sent him to I CAN READ.

Can see that he has improved

Back