IVF/ICSI Support Group

I can't advice you cos I yet to have good news at all. But understand your feeling.

U seeing tcm? Will it better to tiao ur body before trying again?

Did doc say which mth you shld try again?

Hi Purpledragon, I used to try TCM but apparently I felt much discomfort when taking the med, not to mention it costs bombs too. (I went to one at Waterloo). I am now trying to stay positive, gg for more exercises.. hoping to keep mind and soul healthy.

I cut down on iced / cold drinks, keep my soles warm at home, hope can 'warm' the womb.

Are you on ivf cycle also? Hope you have better luck than me ya.. hugs

Actually, failure in IVF is part and parcel of the whole package. Every lady here has gone through the ups and downs in the pursuit of a kid, so you are not alone :) If you refused to move on, you will not be a step closer to having your baby.

It depends on how you want it to be; if you have the time, you can wait till your menses resume to normal and try again. If you are rushing for time (as you mentioned you and your hubs are not getting younger), what I can suggest is, you can go for the next cycle in Dec. Having said that, please check with your doc if you are good to go. If he gives the green light, there's no reason why you should not proceed with the next cycle.
Thank you towkayneo for your kind words. Ya.. I guess a lot depends on what the doctor can advice. I am turning 36 and husband is 48 so I am just hoping to have some miracles soon.

I felt I am not alone now with all the trends I read so far and I felt every single one. Jia you to all..

Hi Sisters,

I am very very new here and I have been reading some of the posts randomly, It was indeed encouraging, and most of it useful and heartwarming. I wish to salute those who are doing the cycles / gg for one soon.

I had 3 failed IUIs and 1 IVF done last month, it was positive after the 2ww. We were so thrilled and wept with joy after we received the phone call from NUH @ the foodcourt. However, subsequent BT showed decreasing level and eventually no more.... =(

Doc asked me to try again after 3 cycles. I am still mourning the pain and I am soooo afraid that I will face a 2nd ivf failure. I got so withdrawn and refuse to talk to anybody.

Anyone can tell me what I should be doing now? I quitted my job early this year to focus on family planning (as both husband and myself not getting younger) but seems still not working for me. Feeling depressed now.. and waiting for my dec menses to come.

Menses came in Nov after the failed IVF, but it was super duper abnormal.. more like spotting and not bleeding (My menses have been very regular thru'out). I also understood that the injections will 'messed up' the norm cycle. I am wondering if this is normal and should I go for 2nd cycle after Dec.

Can someone advice me? Thank you in advance... I bet you all know how I am feeling now.

My situation similar like u...I failed IVF previously but got pregnant natural...however it didnt last long...

As I am in my late 30s, Ididnt have much time to get into sadness cycle...i allowed 1-2 weeks of sadness but eventually got over with it and try ivf again.

If ur financial allows u not to work, then its ok...not working doesnt mean u stay home the whole day...go out and enjoy some window shopping / go and view Christmas lightings..do some reading etc, and u feel happier in no time :)

Hi Purpledragon, I used to try TCM but apparently I felt much discomfort when taking the med, not to mention it costs bombs too. (I went to one at Waterloo). I am now trying to stay positive, gg for more exercises.. hoping to keep mind and soul healthy.

I cut down on iced / cold drinks, keep my soles warm at home, hope can 'warm' the womb.

Yes. I am on ivf now. Stim stage but today follicles not growing. I seeing Raffles Hospital TCM. Only do acupuncture. No medicine.

Thanks. Actually this is my 4th try le. Never succeed before at all. Cos eggs quantity and quality both no good previously.

My situation similar like u...I failed IVF previously but got pregnant natural...however it didnt last long...

As I am in my late 30s, Ididnt have much time to get into sadness cycle...i allowed 1-2 weeks of sadness but eventually got over with it and try ivf again.

If ur financial allows u not to work, then its ok...not working doesnt mean u stay home the whole day...go out and enjoy some window shopping / go and view Christmas lightings..do some reading etc, and u feel happier in no time :)
Sorry to hear about your situation. I thought I have gotten over it but after awhile when you see fb about friends giving birth or preg AGAIN... that's when the pain comes again. (haiz... the bad side of fb I guess. haha)

Yes, I am into tons of reading now..offline and online. Luckily my husband is very supportive of me staying at home and we went out for movies and simple meals just to keep our spirits up. I wont want to slip into depressed mode seeing the effort my partner puts in also, he is not feeling good inside also.

Thank you anneneo78 for your kind words. I really hope you see your dreams come true too. hugs

Yes. I am on ivf now. Stim stage but today follicles not growing. I seeing Raffles Hospital TCM. Only do acupuncture. No medicine.

Thanks. Actually this is my 4th try le. Never succeed before at all. Cos eggs quantity and quality both no good previously.
Sorry to hear about that. I am quite scared of acupuncture actually, tried last time for other condition and I think I really dun like it. *sob.

I felt your pain... jia you jia you... please let me be the first few to share your good news if any.

Hi Sisters,

I am very very new here and I have been reading some of the posts randomly, It was indeed encouraging, and most of it useful and heartwarming. I wish to salute those who are doing the cycles / gg for one soon.

I had 3 failed IUIs and 1 IVF done last month, it was positive after the 2ww. We were so thrilled and wept with joy after we received the phone call from NUH @ the foodcourt. However, subsequent BT showed decreasing level and eventually no more.... =(

Doc asked me to try again after 3 cycles. I am still mourning the pain and I am soooo afraid that I will face a 2nd ivf failure. I got so withdrawn and refuse to talk to anybody.

Anyone can tell me what I should be doing now? I quitted my job early this year to focus on family planning (as both husband and myself not getting younger) but seems still not working for me. Feeling depressed now.. and waiting for my dec menses to come.

Menses came in Nov after the failed IVF, but it was super duper abnormal.. more like spotting and not bleeding (My menses have been very regular thru'out). I also understood that the injections will 'messed up' the norm cycle. I am wondering if this is normal and should I go for 2nd cycle after Dec.

Can someone advice me? Thank you in advance... I bet you all know how I am feeling now.
Hello, I share your experience in failure of iuis and ivf. My first ivf I didn't conceive and I'm 42, still holding up.

During my down period, i read through these threads and I am so touched by so many strong ladies with the same desire. Their strength to move on, their focused determination is just amicable. In them, I found my hope renewed and it motivate me greatly.

I decided to change my attitude and my approach. I am changing my diet carefully eating natural organic as much possible, eating to enhance my follicular phase, luteal phase.
I started yoga, avoid hot ones.
I started a little on fertility massages through a confinement lady, she says my uterus too high so she help me to push down.
I am just starting to prepare castor oil packs which I hear but helps blood circulation and to relax.

Taking holistic approach to prepare myself for next cycle prob in January.

All said and done, it helps me to feel good as a woman going through this waiting. Whatever the results, I know I have give my best.

I am sharing what I have changed since my failure hoping it helps ladies facing the same situation as it eases my anxiety. It seems I'm the oldest in this chat room so if I'm not giving up, there's plentiful of hope for all if you.

Woah, seems many sisters started fresh cycle for this month -
@purpledragon, @clairechua, @babylovess, @dontlosehope, @rossoracer & any others -
stay strong & root for your follies & eggies!

Sisters on FET like me, i think @babyluck, @Domokunn, @towkayneo & any others -
let's have faith and root for our wombie & precious embies to stay strong & fight on with mummies!

Must stay positive k! +mental power to everyone and +++jia you!! :)
Sincerely wishing all ladies best, stay positive and may your baby wishes come true this Christmas! Have faith! We are blessed.

Dr Yu Suling. Yup short protocol. CD4. Quite scary to jab myself, was wondering after Thurs scan, are they going to ask me jab more than 1 per day....
I was on same protocol as you before . Same doc. You will get more jabs. For me I had 12 jabs plus booster
ImageUploadedByForum1449033927.684438.jpg

Sorry to hear about that. I am quite scared of acupuncture actually, tried last time for other condition and I think I really dun like it. *sob.

I felt your pain... jia you jia you... please let me be the first few to share your good news if any.

I am afraid of acu too. But RH de tcm not as scary. Hahaha... In fact comfortable. But if really scared no point doing. Cannot be too tense up.

Sure. Will share the good news with you.

Hi, i failed my fresh cycle last month. Still feeling the emotions although i am trying to look forward for natural conceive now. From many sis advice here, i started seeing Dr Zou at amk. Dr Zou recommended me to go for 2 days a week acupuncture to keep the womb warm. She said i have v cold womb so v hard ro get pregnant. She also said to wear slipper at home and use tumbler to warm the womb and avoid all cooling and cold food. Aircon is fine though.
Hope u feel better with the support here and stay strong for next cycle. Instead of rushing through, perhaps tiao body first so can have higher chance? I read somewhere that after a failed xycle, we should wait for 3months to start again.

I was on same protocol as you before . Same doc. You will get more jabs. For me I had 12 jabs plus boosterView attachment 597138

I don't like those small jabs/needles... will feel nagging pain around the jab area for at least 30mins. :S
btw @Grace BB, could you please share where did you buy or make those castor oil packs and where did you put them on? Cos my TCM doctor said my blood circulation no good as my feet always cold. TIA! :)

Woah, seems many sisters started fresh cycle for this month -
@purpledragon, @clairechua, @babylovess, @dontlosehope, @rossoracer & any others -
stay strong & root for your follies & eggies!

Sisters on FET like me, i think @babyluck, @Domokunn, @towkayneo & any others -
let's have faith and root for our wombie & precious embies to stay strong & fight on with mummies!

Must stay positive k! +mental power to everyone and +++jia you!! :)

All the best to all you ladies and hope you have the best Christmas gifts ever!!

Just seen Dr today for 2nd follicle scan. Doc say lining is good. I have total of 11 follicles now.

Lining: 10mm
RO: 17.5, 16.3, 8.6, 8
LO: 11, 11, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8

Is the follicles results ok? Today is 7 day of stimulation. I will continue to stimm for 3 days and scan again coming sat.
I should eat even more protein if I wan to encourage the growth of follicles rite? What else can we eat besides eggs? I'm on it for a week
and feel quite yucky to eat them... Does red bean soup or LRT helps or they just help in lining?

Most probably will go for ER on next Monday if sat scan is gd. Dr suspect I have urine infection and prescribe me antiobiotics. I think after
ER we also need to take antibiotics again rite?? Don't want to be on so much antibiotics as I know its not gd. Haiz..

Hi Sisters,

Hi Bundle of joy, cry out and stay strong for another cycle. Many sisters here faces the same up and down. Like you I nearly have it yet lost it. Like you I quit my job to ttc beginning of the year. Come here and chat with us. All sisters here are wonderful ladies. We feel for one another and we feel happy for the one succeeded. As for work, workaholic culture make us feel lost when we not working. I was so lost once too. Haha.. I feel bad and demoralise. Not even feel like meeting anyone. And have been isolating myself. My parents in law also do not know that I am not working nor I am under treatments. " Is a bad feeling telling lies"

Do consider taking a small break since doc give advice. It will be a good time to rest and relax and improve body condition. For me I go exercise, since I am a large girl. =)

Come here to read and chat. There are many nice ladies around here!

Jia you!

Last edited:
Hi Sisters,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I thought I have gotten over it but after awhile when you see fb about friends giving birth or preg AGAIN... that's when the pain comes again. (haiz... the bad side of fb I guess. haha)

Yes, I am into tons of reading now..offline and online. Luckily my husband is very supportive of me staying at home and we went out for movies and simple meals just to keep our spirits up. I wont want to slip into depressed mode seeing the effort my partner puts in also, he is not feeling good inside also.

Thank you anneneo78 for your kind words. I really hope you see your dreams come true too. hugs
*BIG HUGS* Totally feel you. Having been through repeated BFNs, each time still never less painful. Not to mention how unpredictable things can go on this journey, sometimes can feel so toyed by fate.

It's ok to grieve but also need to bounce back quickly. It's good that you and hubby bond closely and do things together as part of the healing process. Prolonged negative emotions hurt no one but yourself and more so if you are going to try again. Channeling positive energy has profound benefits on yourself and everything around you. Stay positive! Each step you take within your means to up your chances for the next try gives hope. There is no guarantee but just do your best, hope for the best and no regrets.

It is normal for the cycle immediately after a fresh ivf cycle to be haywire as you come off the hormone medications. If you previously have regular cycle, chances are that you will recover soon. Doc already advised you to try again after 3 cycles. The 2-3 months immediately before stim are crucial as that's when the eggs go through chromosomal build-up before they get recruited for ovulation. So focus on maintaining good health. Have balanced healthy diet, while eat more good protein rich foods to promote growth and foods to promote blood circulation, and ensure adequate hydration. Continue folic acid, prenatal multi-vitamins and antioxidants supplements. Try to sleep earlier to enhance cell growth & rejuvenation. Regular moderate exercise like brisk walking and swimming to promote blood circulation.

It is unavoidable to see friends or others who conceive naturally easily while we are still trying so hard to make things work on this journey. Don't let that be any excuse to feel lousy about yourself as it won't help you at all. Come to this forum to get some breather. You don't have to feel alone.

Do things that will make you happy & laugh more! I have also quitted my job earlier this year and I find that it helps to adhere to some simple routine around daily chores, exercise, TCM sessions and personal time. It helps to keep stress of feeling non-accomplishment at bay and deal with the dreadful waiting between ivf cycles.

Stay strong and persevere on k! Let's jia you together :)

One question, in tww, do we have to stop all vitamin? Previously, I took only folic acid. And recently start only taking vitamins like vitamin e, coq10 and royal jelly preparing my body for next year. Do we stop these vitamin during tww? I know folic we have to continue.

One question, in tww, do we have to stop all vitamin? Previously, I took only folic acid. And recently start only taking vitamins like vitamin e, coq10 and royal jelly preparing my body for next year. Do we stop these vitamin during tww? I know folic we have to continue.
I checked with doc before and he said ok to continue these.
I think unless you have any condition that requires you to stop any of these supplements during stims or after transfer, you wouldn't want to stop suddenly so as not to introduce unnecessary changes which your body already adjusted to at this time.
To be on the safe side as your doc knows your condition best, do check with your doc too.

I did continue with pre-natal supplements, folic acid and antioxidant (french pine bark only cos cq10 prescribed by doctor finished before ET).
Vit C and E can be taken during pregnancy since pre-natal supplements do include them, but I am not to sure about Royal Jelly as I previously read must be taken before natural conception or ivf.
Anything that you are taking, please let your doctor knows so he/she can advise you correctly.

Hello, I share your experience in failure of iuis and ivf. My first ivf I didn't conceive and I'm 42, still holding up.

During my down period, i read through these threads and I am so touched by so many strong ladies with the same desire. Their strength to move on, their focused determination is just amicable. In them, I found my hope renewed and it motivate me greatly.

I decided to change my attitude and my approach. I am changing my diet carefully eating natural organic as much possible, eating to enhance my follicular phase, luteal phase.
I started yoga, avoid hot ones.
I started a little on fertility massages through a confinement lady, she says my uterus too high so she help me to push down.
I am just starting to prepare castor oil packs which I hear but helps blood circulation and to relax.

Taking holistic approach to prepare myself for next cycle prob in January.

All said and done, it helps me to feel good as a woman going through this waiting. Whatever the results, I know I have give my best.

I am sharing what I have changed since my failure hoping it helps ladies facing the same situation as it eases my anxiety. It seems I'm the oldest in this chat room so if I'm not giving up, there's plentiful of hope for all if you.
Thanks for sharing dear. You are very strong, I wish I could be as strong as you are.

I am keen when you mentioned the fertility massage, I heard pple telling me about it and is it painful? How often do you do it? and do you have any contacts? how much?

Don't ever say you are the oldest, any women of any ages are entitled to their own happiness. You are healthy and determined, no reason to forgo your chance of conceiving.. You have my best wishes. Jia you my dear.

Hi Bundle of joy, cry out and stay strong for another cycle. Many sisters here faces the same up and down. Like you I nearly have it yet lost it. Like you I quit my job to ttc beginning of the year. Come here and chat with us. All sisters here are wonderful ladies. We feel for one another and we feel happy for the one succeeded. As for work, workaholic culture make us feel lost when we not working. I was so lost once too. Haha.. I feel bad and demoralise. Not even feel like meeting anyone. And have been isolating myself. My parents in law also do not know that I am not working nor I am under treatments. " Is a bad feeling telling lies"

Do consider taking a small break since doc give advice. It will be a good time to rest and relax and improve body condition. For me I go exercise, since I am a large girl. =)

Come here to read and chat. There are many nice ladies around here!

Jia you!
Thank you so so so much. You made me felt good all of a sudden and yes, there are so many nice pple here willing to share and giving advices unconditionally. I am feeling so lost suddenly not working and I hate to tell friends that I am doing good which infact I am not. I think I made a good choice coming into here to vent it out.

I have a relative-in-law actually pointed her fat finger at me right infront of all other relatives that I have a problem if I cannot give birth within a year from marriage. I am married for 4 years and my husband has slight issue (obnormality shaped sperm). I cried it out after the 'accusation'.

I am hoping that my menses will be more normal in Dec and looking forward to my 2nd cycle. Thanks again

Hi, i failed my fresh cycle last month. Still feeling the emotions although i am trying to look forward for natural conceive now. From many sis advice here, i started seeing Dr Zou at amk. Dr Zou recommended me to go for 2 days a week acupuncture to keep the womb warm. She said i have v cold womb so v hard ro get pregnant. She also said to wear slipper at home and use tumbler to warm the womb and avoid all cooling and cold food. Aircon is fine though.
Hope u feel better with the support here and stay strong for next cycle. Instead of rushing through, perhaps tiao body first so can have higher chance? I read somewhere that after a failed xycle, we should wait for 3months to start again.

Just acup can help to keep womb warm? do you need to take the med from tcm?

thanks much for the tips.

Comfortable? really? Does it gives you like electrical shock feeling?

hahaha... I also had those electrical shock feeling but doctor said its cos the needle touch the nerve.
I supposed this is what is supposed to be since acupuncture is to touch our nerve points to help tiao our bodies to be in better condition to conceive.
Maybe the acupuncture also helped my AF since it came on time after my failed cycle.

For me, doctor didn't prescribed me chinese med, and I just purely do acupuncture.

Last edited:
Thank you so so so much. You made me felt good all of a sudden and yes, there are so many nice pple here willing to share and giving advices unconditionally. I am feeling so lost suddenly not working and I hate to tell friends that I am doing good which infact I am not. I think I made a good choice coming into here to vent it out.

I have a relative-in-law actually pointed her fat finger at me right infront of all other relatives that I have a problem if I cannot give birth within a year from marriage. I am married for 4 years and my husband has slight issue (obnormality shaped sperm). I cried it out after the 'accusation'.

I am hoping that my menses will be more normal in Dec and looking forward to my 2nd cycle. Thanks again

I am happy to have make you feel better. Yes agreed! I also have to tell ppl I am doing good / excellent! Etc Haha... but I heard this recently; may not be exact statement but the meaning is along the lines. May not apply to jus ivf journey but in career and in life.
" there is no need to tell ppl how much hardship and suffering you are undergoing cos no one really cares and understand. But once you are successful, many will fight to share your success stories and all the hardship you have been through"

Well let them say what they have to say. They have their mouths which we cannot control. But there is one thing you can control - your thoughts =). Armed yourself with jovial sentences of replies for the coming chinese new year!

Whether husband or wife that is having the problem: the day we are married we share the joy love happiness and hardship together. All the ladies here are supportive wife and have supportive husband =))
Just know that you have your husband's support. For he is always there for you. Period @ haha

Cry and cry if you need. But always get over it fast. Cos it will be a brand new start everyday! Dont waste the day!

I checked with doc before and he said ok to continue these.
I think unless you have any condition that requires you to stop any of these supplements during stims or after transfer, you wouldn't want to stop suddenly so as not to introduce unnecessary changes which your body already adjusted to at this time.
To be on the safe side as your doc knows your condition best, do check with your doc too.

You know what, I think my doc will laugh at me for consuming so much. Haha.. I was only given folic from my clinic. Lol

You know what, I think my doc will laugh at me for consuming so much. Haha.. I was only given folic from my clinic. Lol

I hope one day I can solely just take pre natal vits! I nearly puked e Blackmores conceive well vits e other day... Too many alr!!

I hope one day I can solely just take pre natal vits! I nearly puked e Blackmores conceive well vits e other day... Too many alr!!

Blackmores conceive well I try before but I notice must take with food if not gastric is really bad with it. I took occasionally the last last cycle. But decide not to continue cos too uncomfortable for me. Nausea is really bad.

Blackmores conceive well I try before but I notice must take with food if not gastric is really bad with it. I took occasionally the last last cycle. But decide not to continue cos too uncomfortable for me. Nausea is really bad.

Somehow the nausea makes me feel like, my body is accepting the vits well. Hahahaha. Ttc has indeed made my mind a little crooked...

I am happy to have make you feel better. Yes agreed! I also have to tell ppl I am doing good / excellent! Etc Haha... but I heard this recently; may not be exact statement but the meaning is along the lines. May not apply to jus ivf journey but in career and in life.
" there is no need to tell ppl how much hardship and suffering you are undergoing cos no one really cares and understand. But once you are successful, many will fight to share your success stories and all the hardship you have been through"

Well let them say what they have to say. They have their mouths which we cannot control. But there is one thing you can control - your thoughts =). Armed yourself with jovial sentences of replies for the coming chinese new year!

Whether husband or wife that is having the problem: the day we are married we share the joy love happiness and hardship together. All the ladies here are supportive wife and have supportive husband =))
Just know that you have your husband's support. For he is always there for you. Period @ haha

Cry and cry if you need. But always get over it fast. Cos it will be a brand new start everyday! Dont waste the day!
Thanks dear.. totally agreed with you. Cheers to all the wives out there for all the sacrifices they made. Cheers to all the supportive husbands out there...

Everybody JIA YOU!!!!

Can you share the contact and charges of the massage? I am looking more for reducing the water retention around my waistline...i had expanded around the tummy ever since I started ivf...

Just acup can help to keep womb warm? do you need to take the med from tcm?

thanks much for the tips.
I also take tcm meds as i have insonmia and headaches. The meds is to help me relax and sleep better n for the headaches. She also prescribed me meds to foot soak in hot water meant to warm the womb where there are nerves at the leg/foot area. Acupuncuture also poked at leg. I only started for 2 weeks so dunno how long then can feel the effect.

Actually sis here who visit Dr Zou, how long have you been seeing her n doing the acupuncture?

So it's water?! Not fats?!
I feel and look fat .. like pregnant women. V depressing that i cant fit into my previous shorts/ pants before the last fresh cycle.

Other than massage and exercising, are there other ways to slim down the buldge at the waist? No bfp already v sad, now look pregnant even worse. DH keep say i v fat :(

I also started seeing Dr Zou lately to prep myself for ivf. Did anyone know of any success story w Dr Zou? Somehow I prefer Tan KS over Dr Zou but Dr Tan is so packed every time.

Can you share the contact and charges of the massage? I am looking more for reducing the water retention around my waistline...i had expanded around the tummy ever since I started ivf...
Hi, her name is Yuni and contact no +65 9144 8157. I paid 130 for prenatal it includes Total body massage plus tummy which she helps to adjust my uterus. She does slimming massage too but you need to call to check her charges and book a date.

Thanks for sharing dear. You are very strong, I wish I could be as strong as you are.

I am keen when you mentioned the fertility massage, I heard pple telling me about it and is it painful? How often do you do it? and do you have any contacts? how much?

Don't ever say you are the oldest, any women of any ages are entitled to their own happiness. You are healthy and determined, no reason to forgo your chance of conceiving.. You have my best wishes. Jia you my dear.
Thank you for your kind words. Let's jia you together, keep the faith and hopes up. We have so much support and sharing in this chat room that we are not alone so let's keep our spirits up, pick ourselves up and try again.

The massage I did was prenatal even I have no baby, she helps me to massage my tummy and found my uterus was high therefore pregnancy is made difficult if want to try naturally. She shared she has help some ladies to push up their low uterus to help prevent miscarriages. A young Javanese lady married to Singaporean with 3 teenagers. She had 15 years of experience in after birth massages. Her contact is +65 9144 8157. You can call her to ask more about fertility, give it a go you never know. I paid 130 for one time. Super painful though.

I don't like those small jabs/needles... will feel nagging pain around the jab area for at least 30mins. :S
btw @Grace BB, could you please share where did you buy or make those castor oil packs and where did you put them on? Cos my TCM doctor said my blood circulation no good as my feet always cold. TIA! :)
I bought my castor oil from Amazon which are bigger 8 oz bottles, if not local pharmacies has but in small bottles. To prepare you need cotton flannel, a electric heat pack or hot water pack, plastic sheets, towels . First you need to soak the cotton with oil but not dripping, put onto a glass bowl and heat the soaked cotton up either in oven or boiled in a pan of water. You should feel it's warm but not scorching. Then lay plastic sheet on sofa, you can lay on it, relaxed position, put castor oil pack on your tummy where the uterus rest, another plastic over your the oil, next towel and then the heat pad and just relaxed for 30 min. It helps improve circulation to that area. After clean it with water and a tablespoon of baking soda to get grease off. Keep the oil pack in a jar you can reuse it. Can be messy needs practice
ImageUploadedByForum1449096673.364230.jpg

I feel and look fat .. like pregnant women. V depressing that i cant fit into my previous shorts/ pants before the last fresh cycle.

Other than massage and exercising, are there other ways to slim down the buldge at the waist? No bfp already v sad, now look pregnant even worse. DH keep say i v fat :(

Hi rainflower, i feel you. My weight has been on the rise since ivf, and it seems to get worse with each cycle though I exercise regularly. The ivf meds, progesterone may cause weight gain. This is not uncommon based on what I gathered from local and overseas forums. But there are ladies who are not affected too, I guess it depends on our bodies.

Hopefully your hubby will be more understanding and recognise this is one of the sacrifices that you have made to have a baby with him, and that his support for you is vital in this ivf journey.

Hi rainflower, i feel you. My weight has been on the rise since ivf, and it seems to get worse with each cycle though I exercise regularly. The ivf meds, progesterone may cause weight gain. This is not uncommon based on what I gathered from local and overseas forums. But there are ladies who are not affected too, I guess it depends on our bodies.

Hopefully your hubby will be more understanding and recognise this is one of the sacrifices that you have made to have a baby with him, and that his support for you is vital in this ivf journey.

I try to exercise but I realize that Gonal f is making me really tired & sleepy...

I bought my castor oil from Amazon which are bigger 8 oz bottles, if not local pharmacies has but in small bottles. To prepare you need cotton flannel, a electric heat pack or hot water pack, plastic sheets, towels . First you need to soak the cotton with oil but not dripping, put onto a glass bowl and heat the soaked cotton up either in oven or boiled in a pan of water. You should feel it's warm but not scorching. Then lay plastic sheet on sofa, you can lay on it, relaxed position, put castor oil pack on your tummy where the uterus rest, another plastic over your the oil, next towel and then the heat pad and just relaxed for 30 min. It helps improve circulation to that area. After clean it with water and a tablespoon of baking soda to get grease off. Keep the oil pack in a jar you can reuse it. Can be messy needs practice View attachment 597353

Thanks for sharing @Grace BB !
Seems like quite a lot of work isnt it? I'm thinking how i can minimize the work... yes I am lazy :p

Hello, all brave & strong ladies here..

I m back with #3 fresh. Have a little girl from FET after #1 fresh..

Had ET todae & transferred one (retrieved 6 but only one made it)..

m prescribed crinone gel & this is the 1st time I m using it.. May I ask:

1) how deep do we push in the stick? 1/2 stick? 3/4 stick in?

2) how do we know we hv pressed in all the gel? (After doing the 1st insert, I took out the stick & press again to check for any med left.. Is this the way to check?) silly me..

& here starts the 2ww.. I know there r some sisters cycling along the same days.. Let us all press on & may the festive joy spread each & everyone of us here good news!!

Hello, all brave & strong ladies here..

I m back with #3 fresh. Have a little girl from FET after #1 fresh..

Had ET todae & transferred one (retrieved 6 but only one made it)..

m prescribed crinone gel & this is the 1st time I m using it.. May I ask:

1) how deep do we push in the stick? 1/2 stick? 3/4 stick in?

2) how do we know we hv pressed in all the gel? (After doing the 1st insert, I took out the stick & press again to check for any med left.. Is this the way to check?) silly me..

& here starts the 2ww.. I know there r some sisters cycling along the same days.. Let us all press on & may the festive joy spread each & everyone of us here good news!!
Hi Dear, congrats on your ET today. I know how it felt after the procedure. =)

I had a failed IVF but prior to the failure, I have consistently using Crinone gel. You need to insert as deep like. say 3/4 neck of the tube... once in, press and hold (do not let go).. you will only release the grip after you bring it out. That will for sure that the gel is all inserted.

Hope above helps. Rest well during the 2ww

Back