(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi Anyone buying formula milk to standby just in case? I am deciding between nestle nan pro and enfamil. Any recommendation?

Hi I have a question.

My current gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth from TMC at CCK. I've already paid for my antenatal package at $688. His normal vaginal delivery fee is at $1900+gst. I've also already paid a deposit of $800 for the delivery fee. Recently I went for checkup, I was told that he will be on leave during my edd and that they will get a replacement gynae to help with my delivery. I will ask them this question also but I roughly want to know if any mommies went through this before.

Question is, what will happen to my $800 deposit? And according to my research, his replacement gynae is either Dr Wong Heng Fok from Tampines TMC or Dr Lawrence Ang from Sembawang TMC.

Anyone here knows what's their vaginal and c-sect delivery fees are like? Please enlighten me.

Thank you in advanced!
I checked with Doctor Ang's clinic that the nurse said normal delivery have to come out cash 1.6k-1.8k. C-sect 2.6-2.8k cash.

bb are alright with most formula milk. if you intend to give formula milk before your BM comes in during the first few days, you can see which brand the hospital is giving bb. usually the brand hospitals use are not fixed, it depends on which brand is sponsoring them during the period. if bb is alright with that brand, you can continue using it. no issues if you intend to breastfeed. if scared of nipple confusion, use cup feed instead of bottle feed.

Hi... I'm getting Nan cos heard it's the closest to breastmilk. Easier if u intend to breastfeed

Thanks ladies..glad to know Gbs is more common than i thought. Husband and i got worried for awhile. Was hoping to take my time to get to hospital when labour starts but will rush down if I suspect anything so that they can start administering the antibiotics

I was tested positive for GBS. I am given oral anitbiotics which I have finished. Doc says will administer antibiotics again during labour.
He says it is common but no need to worry too much.

i was tested negative but dr still administered during labour via IV drip as a precaution due to early labour.

I was tested positive for GBS. I am given oral anitbiotics which I have finished. Doc says will administer antibiotics again during labour.
He says it is common but no need to worry too much.

Hi all! Haven't been on this forum for close to a week!

I've delivered a baby boy on 24 nov, via emergency c-sec, coz couldn't dilate more than 1 cm.

Jiayou to all the mummies who are going for their birth soon! :)

That's great! Jia you. I am also scheduled for c section but I will opt for GA coz I read and ask my friends their experience and they told me half GA is very scary coz you get to see the procedure!
No lah, cannot see procedure one. Can hear the equipment sounds and some tugging.. I think it took 15 min for my bb to come out. Last part the nurses will ask you not to push so that they can push bb out (don't understand).

Half GA (epidural) procedure allows hubby to enter. He can sit by your side & encourage you.

Don't be scared. I can totally understand the fear coz i went thru it.
Jiayou! :)

Hi Anyone buying formula milk to standby just in case? I am deciding between nestle nan pro and enfamil. Any recommendation?
In tmc, they got a few choices. Can let bb try first? I opt for nan pro.

I didn't buy before delivery coz I was told to be induced during a routine checkup due to high bp. Mad rush to go home bathe & prepare hospital bag. :p I'm very unprepared...

In the end after discharge, we chiong to buy at NTUC. Lol.

Keep one tin with you.. breastmilk will come at later stage. :)

No lah, cannot see procedure one. Can hear the equipment sounds and some tugging.. I think it took 15 min for my bb to come out. Last part the nurses will ask you not to push so that they can push bb out (don't understand).

Half GA (epidural) procedure allows hubby to enter. He can sit by your side & encourage you.

Don't be scared. I can totally understand the fear coz i went thru it.
Jiayou! :)

I will go with my heart coz I don't have the courage to stay awake knowing that I am being cut n stay calm about it.

I will go with my heart coz I don't have the courage to stay awake knowing that I am being cut n stay calm about it.
My 1st csec I did ga. The ga wearing off effect is very uncomfortable. I had to keep reminding myself to breath.

This time round I'm thinking of epidural anaesthetic, hopefully the wearing off effect is more comfy

Hi mummies,

My daughter arrives on 1 dec..but I did a c sect instead.
Half Ga Because my cervix failed to dilate after inducing the first pill. I do not intent to go with 2nd and 3rd pill as the contraction for the first pill cease without any dilation.

Jiayou to those mummies in labour this few weeks !!!

Hi mummies,

My bb girl is born on 3rd Dec and I had half Spinal GA. At first I thought it will be scary, but it is not. Partly due to laughing gas that I took and I fell asleep for a while when the GA is applied on to me. When I woke up, the gynea is already operating on me and I can't feel anything. Only felt pressure on my legs like someone is touching me. My hubby came into operating room after the GA took effectiveness. And we witness birth of our bb girl.

After she is born, the nurses clean her and my hubby accompany her to the nursery while my gynea continue stitching me. I can't feel anything except of the side effects like shivering and dizziness.

First time I saw my girl, for no reason I just keep tearing. But it is a good feeling. Hang in there mummies. Jia you!

congrats !! welcome to the club too :)
Hi mummies,

My bb girl is born on 3rd Dec and I had half Spinal GA. At first I thought it will be scary, but it is not. Partly due to laughing gas that I took and I fell asleep for a while when the GA is applied on to me. When I woke up, the gynea is already operating on me and I can't feel anything. Only felt pressure on my legs like someone is touching me. My hubby came into operating room after the GA took effectiveness. And we witness birth of our bb girl.

After she is born, the nurses clean her and my hubby accompany her to the nursery while my gynea continue stitching me. I can't feel anything except of the side effects like shivering and dizziness.

First time I saw my girl, for no reason I just keep tearing. But it is a good feeling. Hang in there mummies. Jia you!

i just delivered yesterday w epidural csect too. Was shivering uncontrollably from the medication n partly cos it was cold. It helped that the husband had very warm hands and held my hands while distracting me with chatter. Whole process over in 35 min and it wasn't too bad!

epidural insertion for me was quite painless, I was doing deep breathing during the prep n insertion, probably helped. the IV drip for glucose later on pinched more

For the mummies who will be going through this procedure, don't worry too much ok! It isn't that scary really. :) :)

Hi all! Haven't been on this forum for close to a week!

I've delivered a baby boy on 24 nov, via emergency c-sec, coz couldn't dilate more than 1 cm.

Jiayou to all the mummies who are going for their birth soon! :)

Hi mummy! I have Also delivered on 3 Dec. My waterbag burst and i only dilated 1.5cm. was under observation for another 12hrs but only dilated to 2cm. Was induced for the next 24hrs but i could only dilate to 7cm and was coping through the contractions with gas. I was given the option to continue to wait or go for csect. Opt for csect which lasted less than 1hr. finally after 36hrs, met our dear boy.

Hi mummies,

My daughter arrives on 1 dec..but I did a c sect instead.
Half Ga Because my cervix failed to dilate after inducing the first pill. I do not intent to go with 2nd and 3rd pill as the contraction for the first pill cease without any dilation.

Jiayou to those mummies in labour this few weeks !!!

Congrats!

Looks like a lot are 3rd dec babies... mine too! Born few days earlier... naughty boy... met gynae in afternoon of 2 dec... he ask wan wait not... till full term... i m ok... but at 7pm... told hubby i hope it isnt what i m thinking... end up 3 dec 2++ am admitted... 3cm dilated... till 6am... 5 cm dilated... but the force to push was so great... i started b4 being asked... **naughty mummy** end up the little prince pop at 0930 n land mummy in OT for 3rd degree tear stitching... everything else does not matter now... hopinf he can discharge with mummy ltr that more impt i guess...

To the rest of the mummies who has yet to pop... jia you k? It almost time to meet your little ones soon! Juz few more weeks! Jia you wo!

Hi mummies, those who just gave birth. Anyone interested to open a Watsapp chat group on taking care of our new born? I have started stimulating for breastmilk but still no supply. My girl likes to latch on and suckle but I am not sure if I have supply yet.

First few days is colostrum, very sticky and not easy to express out so your girl might be able to suck it out when she latches but it might seem like there's nothing yet. Just keep latching!

or can open a private chat group in this forum too?

Anyone keen ?

Hi mummies, those who just gave birth. Anyone interested to open a Watsapp chat group on taking care of our new born? I have started stimulating for breastmilk but still no supply. My girl likes to latch on and suckle but I am not sure if I have supply yet.

Hi mummy! I have Also delivered on 3 Dec. My waterbag burst and i only dilated 1.5cm. was under observation for another 12hrs but only dilated to 2cm. Was induced for the next 24hrs but i could only dilate to 7cm and was coping through the contractions with gas. I was given the option to continue to wait or go for csect. Opt for csect which lasted less than 1hr. finally after 36hrs, met our dear boy.

Your c section is full GA?

:(I feel slightly depressed with the shape that I m in now. I have a slight bigger belly that did reduce in size a bit.. I bf as well as give formula but my belly is still like that. ..

Today my girl dun want to latch on me because my milk supply has not come in yet. I felt so rejected by her and felt so useless. :(:(

My EDD also 22 Dec... But my gal dun wanna come out yet... Gynae says most likely ard 39 wks, similar to my boy, who was induced at 39w2d... Dunno whether I should b happy or sad... Dis pregnancy v tiring esp wif my boy throwing tantrums from time to time so wanna shut down factory asap... On e other hand, still got a lot of work so can't start maternity leave yet also...
Hi pls add me! Edd was 22 dec and gave birth on 4th

Today my girl dun want to latch on me because my milk supply has not come in yet. I felt so rejected by her and felt so useless. :(:(

Dont give up! I was in another situation. First day i was not able to breastfeed due to the antibiotics given... so my prince was given formula of 40ml for at least 1.5 days... (i need to pump n discard) he got so used to it that when i started, my supply cannot catch up with his demand. Even the nurse told me. And my prince was nit able to latch correctly, making my nipple very pain... so ya... i tried not to get affected... and i got a shocked today... when my breast started leaking milk....

So therefore... dun give up ya? Dun feel useless or over stress too... how u feel will affect your supply too de... try looking n getting milk boosters... it may help...

My EDD also 22 Dec... But my gal dun wanna come out yet... Gynae says most likely ard 39 wks, similar to my boy, who was induced at 39w2d... Dunno whether I should b happy or sad... Dis pregnancy v tiring esp wif my boy throwing tantrums from time to time so wanna shut down factory asap... On e other hand, still got a lot of work so can't start maternity leave yet also...

I went for check up on tues and doc said i have a long way to go. But i gave birth on fri. You never know :) Hang in there!

Seeing mummies popping makes me wanna pop soon too!

Tmr seeing Dr Adrian & I'm now approaching wk37...EDD was 29Dec but last Monday alrdy dilated 3cm. Been having lower back aches in morning. Is this 1 of labour symptoms..?

Am i the only one feeling this way?

Baby crying in the middle of the night, whole family just come into the room, giving advise what to do... hubby sister there to take video, totally no privacy. Never mind. Mother in law suggested to cup feed my prince. I am OK. I mean she is out of good will.

However, she did it too fast n over fed. No doubt i am a little over supply, milk is not to be fed this way. It like seeing your precious liquid depleting in 1 feed when it can be for 2 feeds. MIL can still ask how much was drank. Seriously feeling no good now... feel like getting myself out of this house for a while, if not for it this late and me doing confinement.

Imagine if we all go back to work... and MIL tell me my supply is nv enough cos she overfed...

Back