IVF/ICSI Support Group

I am drinking black soya bean milk. And going tcm for acupuncture. Hopefully all goes well.

U still got the patience for TCM! The wait at TFC already nearly killed me & literally killed DH. Lol. Salute! Everything seems well now?
I realized the age I see at TFC is getting younger...

U still got the patience for TCM! The wait at TFC already nearly killed me & literally killed DH. Lol. Salute! Everything seems well now?
I realized the age I see at TFC is getting younger...

Loll... I am seeinf Dr Jin at RH. No need wait too long. I am very comfy with her acu. I feels warmer now.

She said my follicles size looks good. Really hope they can be fertilised this round.

I just started yday on early short entagonist regime with SGH. Anyone went through this regime before? A lot of jabs? I only started with once a day centrotide. Thurs go back for scanning. First timer

I just started yday on early short entagonist regime with SGH. Anyone went through this regime before? A lot of jabs? I only started with once a day centrotide. Thurs go back for scanning. First timer

Entagonist is short protocol? Jabs depends on your response to the med. Centrotide is to prevent ovulation. Which CD you in today?
Which doc you seeing?

Dear sisters,

Anyone starting Ivf cycle in feb?

I called KKIVF and they told me their cut off dates is from 16/1 to 2/2.

I feel frustrated... I call them twice and information given both times is different...

1) if AF report on 7/2 afternoon and onwards, can start feb cycle. If AF come 7/2 morning or earlier, cannot start feb cycle, have to postpone to march

2) if AF report on 3/2 and onwards, can start cycle.

Which one is right?

Dear sisters,

Anyone starting Ivf cycle in feb?

I called KKIVF and they told me their cut off dates is from 16/1 to 2/2.

I feel frustrated... I call them twice and information given both times is different...

1) if AF report on 7/2 afternoon and onwards, can start feb cycle. If AF come 7/2 morning or earlier, cannot start feb cycle, have to postpone to march

Which one is right?
Hihi! I've checked with them this morning too. Black-out date is from 16 Jan - 2 Feb. Menses that come on 3 Feb can start cycle in February. They don't open on 8 and 9 Feb cos it's CNY. Operations to resume on 10 Feb.

Last edited:

Which one is right?

1) if AF report on 7/2 afternoon and onwards, can start feb cycle. If AF come 7/2 morning or earlier, cannot start feb cycle, have to postpone to march - If AF starts on 7 Feb noon, means 8 Feb is Day 1, operations resume on 10 Feb, so by 10 Feb, it's day 3, can do the scanning and whatsoever. If AF comes on 7 Feb morning and earlier, it means by 10 Feb, it's day 4 and more, perhaps too late to do scanning?

2) if AF report on 3/2 and onwards, can start cycle - If it's fresh cycle, they will ask you to go down on your day 3 to scan, if it's FET, it will be day 9 onwards? Hence, did not coincide with the blackout dates?

both cetrotide and menopaur makes me feel so tired and sleepy all the time. Feel so dead tired by 10am.
No, I'm with TMC. Currently on menopur and centrotide also. I'm not sure abt my lining..didn't check this out when I go for my 1st scan. Tmr am gg for 2nd scan. will chk with the dr.[/QUOTE

Entagonist is short protocol? Jabs depends on your response to the med. Centrotide is to prevent ovulation. Which CD you in today?
Which doc you seeing?
Dr Yu Suling. Yup short protocol. CD4. Quite scary to jab myself, was wondering after Thurs scan, are they going to ask me jab more than 1 per day....

1) if AF report on 7/2 afternoon and onwards, can start feb cycle. If AF come 7/2 morning or earlier, cannot start feb cycle, have to postpone to march - If AF starts on 7 Feb noon, means 8 Feb is Day 1, operations resume on 10 Feb, so by 10 Feb, it's day 3, can do the scanning and whatsoever. If AF comes on 7 Feb morning and earlier, it means by 10 Feb, it's day 4 and more, perhaps too late to do scanning?

2) if AF report on 3/2 and onwards, can start cycle - If it's fresh cycle, they will ask you to go down on your day 3 to scan, if it's FET, it will be day 9 onwards? Hence, did not coincide with the blackout dates?

Exactly! My concern is on point 1, because according to my charting, my day 1 falls on 7/2. Mine is a fresh cycle. I won't know whether it'll report in the morning or in the afternoon. I need to plan my endo scratch...

The blackout date she gave u is 3/2, they tell me it's 2/2...

Anyone on FET? Going for mine end dec/early jan..

Work very stressful these days..nearly flip table just now..dunno if ivf had made me more short tempered or issit the cold weather:mad:

Hi , any ladies did saline infusion sonogram in kkh? How much does it cost and how long the procedure take? How many days of mc given? Thank you.
Hihi! I went for that in 2013, the whole procedure took about an hour. Sorry, I don't recall how much it costs and how many days of MC given though.

It's not exactly a nice feeling to have extremely cold liquid inside you and have the scanning probe swirling inside :(

Exactly! My concern is on point 1, because according to my charting, my day 1 falls on 7/2. Mine is a fresh cycle. I won't know whether it'll report in the morning or in the afternoon. I need to plan my endo scratch...

The blackout date she gave u is 3/2, they tell me it's 2/2...
Sorry, typo, yes, 2nd Feb - have made the amendments too. 16 Jan - 2 Feb. Endo scratch needs to be at least BEFORE menses, can last for 3 months (heard one lady say before in here). Actually, seriously, does it make any difference if it's morning or afternoon - it's a couple of hours of different. If I were you, if sway sway comes on 7 Feb morning, I just tell them it came on 7 Feb noon :p

Hi , any ladies did saline infusion sonogram in kkh? How much does it cost and how long the procedure take? How many days of mc given? Thank you.

I've done it earlier this year. I can't remember the cost, around $200++? Can use Medisave for partial payment.

Some discomfort and pain during the scan, mild cramp for a few hours after that. Quite bearable for me. It's done by a Dr.

Unlike the HSG, no need to stay there for observation before they discharge us.

You can request for medical leave for the day.

Hihi! I went for that in 2013, the whole procedure took about an hour. Sorry, I don't recall how much it costs and how many days of MC given though.

It's not exactly a nice feeling to have extremely cold liquid inside you and have the scanning probe swirling inside :(
I've done it earlier this year. I can't remember the cost, around $200++? Can use Medisave for partial payment.

Some discomfort and pain during the scan, mild cramp for a few hours after that. Quite bearable for me. It's done by a Dr.

Unlike the HSG, no need to stay there for observation before they discharge us.

You can request for medical leave for the day.

Thank you ladies!

Anyone on FET? Going for mine end dec/early jan..

Work very stressful these days..nearly flip table just now..dunno if ivf had made me more short tempered or issit the cold weather:mad:

I'm on FET to be scheduled in Jan 2016. Now waiting for the 2nd menses cycle in Jan for me to kick start... :)
Cheers to us !!

Hi Everyone, just an update that i will be going for my ER this wed, so nervous. Hope my first attempt at IVF is successful and im able to carry my joy soon. Wish all of us baby dust. Hoepfuly this year Christmas we all get pregnant.
Wan baby dear, once again, all the best for your first ER today!
Hope it will be a smooth and quick procedure.
Rest well, take good care & jia you!

Woah, seems many sisters started fresh cycle for this month -
@purpledragon, @clairechua, @babylovess, @dontlosehope, @rossoracer & any others -
stay strong & root for your follies & eggies!

Sisters on FET like me, i think @babyluck, @Domokunn, @towkayneo & any others -
let's have faith and root for our wombie & precious embies to stay strong & fight on with mummies!

Must stay positive k! +mental power to everyone and +++jia you!! :)

@purpledragon, @clairechua, @babylovess, @dontlosehope, @rossoracer & any others -

let's have faith and root for our wombie & precious embies to stay strong & fight on with mummies!

wa, amazing ley, Dawn! You remember almost each and every sister's schedule! *thumbs up*

I did my sono saline at KKH cos RH got no lady dr doing it.
It took about half an hour to 45mins. MC given only for the day. I find sono saline is not as painful as the other HSG.

May we all have a fruitful Christmas this year!

May i ask... you took dhea for a year and did it helped with egg quantity or bfp?
Yes was thinking of buying specialized shampoo for hair fall/growth if condition didnt improve by another 1 week.

I actually got pregnant naturally about two months after stopping DHEA during my 4th IVF fresh cycle...not sure if the year of DHEA helped in quality for natural conceiving.
It didn't help in the IVF though, i only had two average embies for transfer and failed.

Anyone from KKH? When we go back to do the BT, do you stay there to wait for the result, how soon they will call us back? If BFP, do we need to go back for more pills/gel inserts on the same day?

Anyone from KKH? When we go back to do the BT, do you stay there to wait for the result, how soon they will call us back? If BFP, do we need to go back for more pills/gel inserts on the same day?
you can stay in KKH for 2-3 hours before they call you. Yes, if BFP, you have to go down to KKH on the same day to get your duphaston and whatever vitamins they prescribed to you.

So sad. My follicles not growing. Still same size as scan on Monday.

What other food should I eat?

I actually got pregnant naturally about two months after stopping DHEA during my 4th IVF fresh cycle...not sure if the year of DHEA helped in quality for natural conceiving.
It didn't help in the IVF though, i only had two average embies for transfer and failed.

Wow... so dhea does help which in your case naturally conceived! Congrats and how many months are you along the pregnancy?

Hi Sisters,

I am very very new here and I have been reading some of the posts randomly, It was indeed encouraging, and most of it useful and heartwarming. I wish to salute those who are doing the cycles / gg for one soon.

I had 3 failed IUIs and 1 IVF done last month, it was positive after the 2ww. We were so thrilled and wept with joy after we received the phone call from NUH @ the foodcourt. However, subsequent BT showed decreasing level and eventually no more.... =(

Doc asked me to try again after 3 cycles. I am still mourning the pain and I am soooo afraid that I will face a 2nd ivf failure. I got so withdrawn and refuse to talk to anybody.

Anyone can tell me what I should be doing now? I quitted my job early this year to focus on family planning (as both husband and myself not getting younger) but seems still not working for me. Feeling depressed now.. and waiting for my dec menses to come.

Menses came in Nov after the failed IVF, but it was super duper abnormal.. more like spotting and not bleeding (My menses have been very regular thru'out). I also understood that the injections will 'messed up' the norm cycle. I am wondering if this is normal and should I go for 2nd cycle after Dec.

Can someone advice me? Thank you in advance... I bet you all know how I am feeling now.

Hi Sisters,

I am very very new here and I have been reading some of the posts randomly, It was indeed encouraging, and most of it useful and heartwarming. I wish to salute those who are doing the cycles / gg for one soon.

I had 3 failed IUIs and 1 IVF done last month, it was positive after the 2ww. We were so thrilled and wept with joy after we received the phone call from NUH @ the foodcourt. However, subsequent BT showed decreasing level and eventually no more.... =(

Doc asked me to try again after 3 cycles. I am still mourning the pain and I am soooo afraid that I will face a 2nd ivf failure. I got so withdrawn and refuse to talk to anybody.

Anyone can tell me what I should be doing now? I quitted my job early this year to focus on family planning (as both husband and myself not getting younger) but seems still not working for me. Feeling depressed now.. and waiting for my dec menses to come.

Menses came in Nov after the failed IVF, but it was super duper abnormal.. more like spotting and not bleeding (My menses have been very regular thru'out). I also understood that the injections will 'messed up' the norm cycle. I am wondering if this is normal and should I go for 2nd cycle after Dec.

Can someone advice me? Thank you in advance... I bet you all know how I am feeling now.

I can't advice you cos I yet to have good news at all. But understand your feeling.

U seeing tcm? Will it better to tiao ur body before trying again?

Did doc say which mth you shld try again?

Hi Sisters,

Actually, failure in IVF is part and parcel of the whole package. Every lady here has gone through the ups and downs in the pursuit of a kid, so you are not alone :) If you refused to move on, you will not be a step closer to having your baby.

It depends on how you want it to be; if you have the time, you can wait till your menses resume to normal and try again. If you are rushing for time (as you mentioned you and your hubs are not getting younger), what I can suggest is, you can go for the next cycle in Dec. Having said that, please check with your doc if you are good to go. If he gives the green light, there's no reason why you should not proceed with the next cycle.

Back