Yoga is the BEST

jeleen

Hello all mummies, I am firm believer of Yoga as this regime aided me to conceive after years of trying and also help me to breeze through the pregnancy with minimum discomforts. I can not explain how much the poses and breathing exercises have helped me throughout both my deliveries.

I thank god that my bestest friend got me into that one classes years back and I swear I do not look at Yoga the same way since then! I have been attending classes regularly still (not easy with 2 children i must admit!) and it is a outlet for complete de-stress and de-tox.

Many of my younger friends these days are struggling to conceive or even having a difficult pregnancy. I strongly urge them to give Yoga a try.

Hi jeleen,

I agree with you. I only started Yoga, mainly restorative yoga, in March this year; then only tested bfp in early May, though lost it at 6 weeks and 1 day due to immune system issues on my end.

Resumed the yoga again back in end of September. Now is my 2nd month trying to conceive again. Hope that I will strike soon.

My mom did tell me that she conceived me the month that she went to attend Yoga classes, and the instructor taught her a fertility pose.

By the way, did you do Yoga after you tested BFP?

Hi jeleen,

I agree with you. I only started Yoga, mainly restorative yoga, in March this year; then only tested bfp in early May, though lost it at 6 weeks and 1 day due to immune system issues on my end.

Resumed the yoga again back in end of September. Now is my 2nd month trying to conceive again. Hope that I will strike soon.

My mom did tell me that she conceived me the month that she went to attend Yoga classes, and the instructor taught her a fertility pose.

By the way, did you do Yoga after you tested BFP?

A believer to another believer of Yoga :) I did yoga for 4 plus months and then conceived naturally ( i was trying almost a year before that and nothing happens) After BFP, my instructor told me to stay in till 13 weeks and I began pregnancy yoga from then till my delivery. After that, i struggles with time but i still manage to attend 2 months of post-pregnancy yoga. The breathing exercises and the fertility poses are what got me pregnant i firmly believe, reduction of stress help my instructor always share!

A believer to another believer of Yoga :) I did yoga for 4 plus months and then conceived naturally ( i was trying almost a year before that and nothing happens) After BFP, my instructor told me to stay in till 13 weeks and I began pregnancy yoga from then till my delivery. After that, i struggles with time but i still manage to attend 2 months of post-pregnancy yoga. The breathing exercises and the fertility poses are what got me pregnant i firmly believe, reduction of stress help my instructor always share!

Hi jeleen,

Before you got your BFP, how many times per week were you doing your yoga? I am currently doing 2 to 3 times a week.

I see. So your instructor said that you could only do Yoga 13 weeks onwards?

Where did you go for your Yoga classes? I go for mine in Fitness First. :)

Hi jeleen,

Before you got your BFP, how many times per week were you doing your yoga? I am currently doing 2 to 3 times a week.

I see. So your instructor said that you could only do Yoga 13 weeks onwards?

Where did you go for your Yoga classes? I go for mine in Fitness First. :)

I was on Therapy yoga for 2 times/week before BFP. Yes, I started pregnancy yoga on week 14 or 15. I attend classes at ohmsantih yoga with Teacher wawa.

Any mummies to be interested for prenatal yoga in Sengkang punggol area? Probably start end feb onwards.

im a firm believer of yoga. have been practicing for 2 years and it has helped me in one way or another. even before i conceived, many of my friends in my yoga centre also conceived very fast. i urge all mummies to take on yoga even during pregnancy.

stopped yoga as im in my first trim now, but will be going back when everything is stable enough in the second trim. spoke to my yoga instructor, she says it's not necessary to look for prenatal yoga classes in specific, u can go for normal basic hatha/yin or restorative yoga.. the poses are much easier and pace is slower and if you can't get into the poses, the instructor will advice you to do another easier pose.

enjoy everyone! :)

im a firm believer of yoga. have been practicing for 2 years and it has helped me in one way or another. even before i conceived, many of my friends in my yoga centre also conceived very fast. i urge all mummies to take on yoga even during pregnancy.

stopped yoga as im in my first trim now, but will be going back when everything is stable enough in the second trim. spoke to my yoga instructor, she says it's not necessary to look for prenatal yoga classes in specific, u can go for normal basic hatha/yin or restorative yoga.. the poses are much easier and pace is slower and if you can't get into the poses, the instructor will advice you to do another easier pose.

enjoy everyone! :)

Is it? I had also been doing yoga before I conceived, but my instructor (although very experienced but not specially trained in prenatal) specially suggested that I look for a specially trained instructor for prenatal. Cos it is not about doing another easier pose just like that, but the yoga master must also have deeper understanding/training on what's required for pregnant ladies. What to look out for , take care n what are the risks etc. that's why yoga instructors who are specialized also charge more.
Just some tots. :)

Is it? I had also been doing yoga before I conceived, but my instructor (although very experienced but not specially trained in prenatal) specially suggested that I look for a specially trained instructor for prenatal. Cos it is not about doing another easier pose just like that, but the yoga master must also have deeper understanding/training on what's required for pregnant ladies. What to look out for , take care n what are the risks etc. that's why yoga instructors who are specialized also charge more.
Just some tots. :)

oh maybe i worded it wrongly. my instructor said that prenatal is not necessary for me because i have been doing yoga and also many of my fellow yogi buddies who gave birth mention that prenatal yoga is too boring. so she said i will be so too. in fact i have been in classes with preggies too. and they did the poses with some prenatal modifications.

just make sure tt u do not lie on ur belly, no hard twists and arm balances and no inversions. :)

Any good prenatal yoga classes to recommend for those staying in the east? I stay at Telok Kurau area and don't wanna travel too far for it as I have a 1 year old to take care too.

Any good prenatal yoga classes to recommend for those staying in the east? I stay at Telok Kurau area and don't wanna travel too far for it as I have a 1 year old to take care too.

You can check out ohmsantih yoga and look for teacher wa wa. The school is in bossorah street, its pretty central.

i do yoga too, but i find that it doesnt really help in losing weight... but it sure does take my mind of stress.. i think a faster solution for weight loss would be to go slimming centers though...

i do yoga too, but i find that it doesnt really help in losing weight... but it sure does take my mind of stress.. i think a faster solution for weight loss would be to go slimming centers though...[/QUOT

If want to lose weight, not just doing yoga. Control of food intake and with change of diet plus work out sure can do it

I staying in bp too, want to look for class for yoga also. U have any idea where will class in west
So far I dun see any west side yoga.. Think I'll give this yoga a miss, timing n venue not suitable.. I probably jus go for swimming n stationary cycling in gym

Hi I'm due end July, currently staying in Kovan. Wondering if there are any pre-natal yoga in this area?

i do yoga too, but i find that it doesnt really help in losing weight... but it sure does take my mind of stress.. i think a faster solution for weight loss would be to go slimming centers though...

Yes, I totally agree with you that yoga helps to destress, but as for losing weight, not so much. I tried hot yoga and zumba previously, but it didn't really help me lose weight like I thought it would. So in the end, I tried SHOU and it really worked! I still go for yoga occasionally though, just to stretch my limbs and declutter my mind :)

Yes, I totally agree with you that yoga helps to destress, but as for losing weight, not so much. I tried hot yoga and zumba previously, but it didn't really help me lose weight like I thought it would. So in the end, I tried SHOU and it really worked! I still go for yoga occasionally though, just to stretch my limbs and declutter my mind :)

hey nicolette, SHOU's a slimming center? are they good? i keep seeing it around here... i really want to lose some weight though~

hey nicolette, SHOU's a slimming center? are they good? i keep seeing it around here... i really want to lose some weight though~

hey there! yes, SHOU is a slimming center i go too. i've tried others before and didnt' really like the results, but i really love shou. which part of your body do you wanna lose weight for?

hey there! yes, SHOU is a slimming center i go too. i've tried others before and didnt' really like the results, but i really love shou. which part of your body do you wanna lose weight for?

hi nicolette! im more concerned about my tummy and cellulites. i booked an appointment with shou for a free body composition analysis! can't wait!

Anyone know where I can sign up for prenatal yoga?

I strongly recommend classes from Ohmsantih Yoga school located beside Sultan Mosque. Wonderful teacher and very effective classes. Both my prenancys were a breeze and the breathing techniques were super helpful to manage labour pain. No regrets! ✌️

I strongly recommend classes from Ohmsantih Yoga school located beside Sultan Mosque. Wonderful teacher and very effective classes. Both my prenancys were a breeze and the breathing techniques were super helpful to manage labour pain. No regrets! ✌️

Jeleen, may I know how much did you pay for the yoga class? Do they have trial? Thanks!

I wanna share my experience.
I was diagnosed with hormonal issue and it wouldn't be easy to get pregnant. I tried all types of tests and treatment at NUH for more than 9months, without any success. When I was about to give up, my Friend asked me to try yoga. Tried and loved it. I took up a membership package with Pure Yoga and attended lessons almost daily, sometimes twice a day. With weeks, I became leaner and stronger. Miraculously, I was pregnant within 9 months after starting yoga. I firmly believe in the benefits of it and practised it diligently until my 37 week. You don't need special yoga - all it takes is to do alternative poses suitable for preggies. I also supplemented my class based lessons with a personal yoga instructor from PureYoga. He helps me understand the essence of the different poses and do them right.
After I gave birth, I lost my core muscles as I had c-sect. It took me a while to restart my yoga regime and now I am doing yoga to help me relax, keep my spinal alignments and maintain my core strength. For losing weight though, I have tried a 21-day weight management Programme together with my friends. It's a combo of right type of food with vitamin supplements. Not ex but we get very effective results. And those who did it find it more sustainable than that of slimming Centres.
Cheers

yoga is relaxing and good for keeping fit, however if you want to see real results, i think slimming centers can do that bulk of work for you :D

Back